• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates Food Fight!: A Food/Drink Mascot Platform Fighter (Rebooted Thread)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Hey, sorry it has been forever everyone, I keep forgetting about the other friends I run besides PBS Kids: Brawltime! but now based on the results...

Wendy: 7
Chiquita: 6
Sarah: 1

Wendy and Miss Chiquita have been added to Food Fight! Now for the next job:

Job 54:

Submit assist items for Wendy and Miss Chiquita. Get submitting!

I will now write my moveset for Chuck E. Cheese and do assist items potentially later.

The CEO of Entertainment, Chuck E. Cheese!

Chuck-E.-Cheese-Symbol.png

Chuck E. Cheese is a middle-lightweight fighter with moves based around his personality which includes his sporty, showman and party animal personality and the Chuck E. Cheese restaurants. He has a token gimmick where he is able to access his specials by earning tokens while fighting. However, if you try to perform a special and have no tokens, you cannot use the special move. Each special move costs 1 token and Chuck E. Cheese can hold up to 10 tokens so use your specials wisely!

Light: Chuck E. Cheese does the kick move from the "Chuck E. Shuffle"

Light Up: Chuck E. Cheese lifts his mic stand as if he is singing like a rock star.

Light Down: Chuck E. Cheese puts down a mic stand as if he is done lifting it.

Light Dash: Chuck E. Cheese rides his skateboard and does a trick on it.

Light Air: Chuck E. Cheese throws tickets into the air.

Light Up Air: Chuck E. Cheese lifts up a bike helicopter.

Light Down Air: Chuck E. Cheese puts down his guitar while strumming it. This has a meteor effect to it.

Strong: Chuck E. Cheese lunges forward with a pizza made by Pasqualy.

Strong Up: Chuck E. Cheese lifts up a birthday cake hardly.

Strong Down: Chuck E. Cheese is seen stepping on an arcade dancing game mat.

Strong Dash: Chuck E. Cheese rides in the Chuck E. race car ramming into opponents.

Strong Air: Chuck E. Cheese swings his cane (from the first appearance of Chuck E. Cheese) over his head.

Strong Up Air: Chuck E. Cheese throws a basketball upward as if he were to make a shot into a basketball hoop.

Strong Down Air: Chuck E. Cheese performs a slam dunk with a basketball. It causes a nasty spike!

Specials:

Each special costs 1 token to use.

Neutral Special: Skee-Ball

Chuck E. Cheese will simply get a skeeball and roll it at an opponent. There is also a ramp in the move as the skeeball will always go the same trajectory every time you use this move.

Up Special: Chuck E. Clock Ride

Chuck E. Cheese will simply board the seat of the Clock Ride (seen in the toddler area of Chuck E. Cheese restaurants) and go upward. The recovery is slow as the seat will rotate around a clock so he is vulnerable to spikes.

Side Special: Ticket Blaster

Chuck E. Cheese will place a Ticket Blaster machine down and put a fighter in there to collect "tickets". However, this is intended to do damage in a fun way.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Chiquita: Pineapple

Floats in the air like a bumper. It's top can be stood on while the spiky bottom well... spikes.

Apple Bites

An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Throw this at foes to give them an anti-doctor aura (represented by a stephoscope with a cross over it) - any attempt by that foe to heal will damage them instead. As a silly detail, the effects of the move last 24 seconds like the 24 hours in a day - this is probably detrimental to the item's balance but it's cute and funny so I'm keeping it.

Wendy: The Veggie Stack

When eaten, a big, fake trojan cow appears in front of the foreground, it isn't interactable but covers a lot of visual space and is thus a great psychological trick. A non-violent attack fitting for a vegan option.

Baconator

On the opposite end of the spectrum, the Baconator is a ticking time bomb that will explode into a cluster of cheese and pork. Place it down wisely, since the user can be hit by the explosion too, and the explosion is BIG. It floats like a bumper.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, we will add the assist items Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario submitted for Wendy and Miss Chiquita so congrats to him! Now, onto the next job:

Job 55:

Submit stages for Wendy and Miss Chiquita. Get submitting!

My stages:

Wendy: Welcome to Wendy's

Wendys-2.jpg

We do not have an actual restaurant as a stage yet. Plus, Wendy's does not have much in-universe content so the restaurant works here. It's a flat stage taking place on the ordering counter with edges. Food as well as the hands of the employees act as hazards.

Miss Chiquita: Chiquita Bananas

History-Ads-Chiquita-can-you-ever-get-bad-one.jpg

Given Miss Chiquita's assist items do not include bananas, why not have a stage where you fight on the banana bunch? A very simple stage where there are no hazards, just a weird layout.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Wendy's Roasts

This is a stage that takes place inside a fake Twitter parody.
61A403E8-9AC0-4A3E-9847-BD3657D99844.jpeg

The left and right platforms rise up, while the middle platform falls down. The spawn rate and quantity of platforms is random, each one roasts a specific fighter in the game, not necessarily ones being played as, however if your fighter gets roasted the platform the message is in can deal damage and knockback to you

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, we will add the assist items Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario submitted for Wendy and Miss Chiquita so congrats to him! Now, onto the next job:

Job 55:

Submit stages for Wendy and Miss Chiquita. Get submitting!

My stages:

Wendy: Welcome to Wendy's

View attachment 360243

We do not have an actual restaurant as a stage yet. Plus, Wendy's does not have much in-universe content so the restaurant works here. It's a flat stage taking place on the ordering counter with edges. Food as well as the hands of the employees act as hazards.

Miss Chiquita: Chiquita Bananas

View attachment 360244

Given Miss Chiquita's assist items do not include bananas, why not have a stage where you fight on the banana bunch? A very simple stage where there are no hazards, just a weird layout.
Wendy's Roasts

This is a stage that takes place inside a fake Twitter parody.
View attachment 360420
The left and right platforms rise up, while the middle platform falls down. The spawn rate and quantity of platforms is random, each one roasts a specific fighter in the game, not necessarily ones being played as, however if your fighter gets roasted the platform the message is in can deal damage and knockback to you

I am going to close this job now. My stage for Ms. Chiquita will be used by default. Vote on a stage for Wendy.

Welcome to Wendy's AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Wendy's Roasts Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Wendy's Stage Poll

Now, for the next job:

Job 56:

Submit movesets for Wendy and/or Ms. Chiquita. Get submitting!

I will submit one for Wendy later but I want to hear everyone else's ideas first.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will leave open the movesets job but Wendy's Roasts will be the stage for Wendy so congrats to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and his stage idea! Now, on to the next job:

Job 57:

Submit a stage for a chain
restaurant/restaurant brand. This brand will not receive a fighter! Get submitting!

My stage idea:

The Bull Saddle (Texas Roadhouse)

5ef637fc19459b7edef878ffdf088a34.jpg

Yeeeehaw! Texas Roadhouse is an American chain restaurant that serves up steak and other Southwestern/Texas style foods. Traditionally, when it is someone's birthday, you get the chance to ride the bull saddle and saddle up. For this stage, the fighters are shrunk down to the size to fit on the bull saddle. Peanuts get thrown across the stage as hazards and the edges of the saddle are the ledges. You will also see western decor in the background of the stage as well.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, it has been a while since I let Job 57 stay open so I will leave it open due to lack of submissions. To put life back into this thread, let's do another fighter job:

Job 58:

Submit a non-Kellogg's cereal mascot! Due to us having two Kellogg's cereal mascots on the roster, we need more cereal mascots representing different cereal brands! These can be anything from General Mills to Quaker to Post, etc. Explain a bit about your cereal mascot, what they can bring to the fight and why they should join! The only no-go submissions here are cereals of any fictional characters that did not start off as cereal mascots! The top submissions after voting will join the roster! Regardless, get submitting!

My submission:

Lucky the Leprechaun (Lucky Charms, General Mills)

MagicallyDeliciousbyLucky.jpg

Representing the Magically Delicious cereal is none other than Lucky himself! Debuting in 1963, predating one year before the charm-bracelet-themed cereal debuted to the public, this leprechaun has all the magic charms you need to fight! He's super iconic and thus should join the roster. I was considering the Trip Rabbit but Lucky just seems like a cooler choice. I envision Lucky as a fast zoner with magic abilities with the charms functioning as the main part of his moveset. He has lots of potential to be an evasive zoner with extreme speed. We can even have the moveset be based off of the Lucky Charms commercials and ads. Lots of potential for Lucky!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Franken Berry
I have no clue how he'd play - given that he only scares by accident he'd likely be a disaster-prone fighter

Stage: Cheeky Nando's

This would be a highly stylised stage based on the South African jungle. It would be a competitive legal stage with a hazards-off Pokémon Stadium layout. (unless we've already done that, in which case Kalos) A giant Nando's chicken watches the fight overhead.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I know I am not the best at running multiple creation threads at once but I will be adding Lucky and Franken Berry to the roster as well as the stages The Bull Saddle and Cheeky Nando's to the game so congrats to me and Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Also, I feel Franken Berry is extremely appropriate to add to the roster now due to it being Spooky Season now so perfect!

Job 59:

Submit home stages for Lucky the Leprechaun and/or Franken Berry. Describe the
layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. Get submitting!

Lucky's Stage:

Lucky's Runaway

102320.jpg

This stage would be the Hollow Bastion of the game where it takes place in the fantasy world of the Lucky Charms commercials where you will place leprechaun grottos, magical forests, etc. on the path where the kids have chased Lucky. Lucky will be in the background even if Lucky is playable to represent how the kids chased him to get his Lucky Charms. Yes, the kids will appear in the background too and this stage will be competitively legal.

Franken Berry's stage:

Monster Cereal Manor

Boo_Berry_Cereal_Commercial_1972-500x332.jpg
lf.jpeg

A gigantic stage with walkout blast zones, this location was seen in the old Monster Cereal commercials. The door will be open to where Franken Berry was created as well as the spooky cemetery-esque setting outside of the manor. Other Monster Cereal mascots like Count Chocula, Boo Berry, the Frute Brute Werewolf, etc. will make appearances. Occasionally, the stage will go dark to reflect the spookiness of these cereals.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my stages for Lucky and Franken Berry have been added. Now, onward to the next two jobs!

Job 60:

Submit assist items for Lucky and Franken Berry.

Job 61:

Submit movesets for Lucky and Franken Berry. Also, we still need movesets for Wendy and Ms. Chiquita as well I believe.

Get submitting!

Lucky's Assist Items:

Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bars

91-7b-4HeLL._SL1500_.jpg

When used, the opponent is able to make a magical platform and control it to evade the fight, similar to Lucky's ability to create platforms and dodge the children who chase him easily!

Chocolate Lucky Charms

198087043-1.jpg

Magically delicious but with chocolate. When used, this cereal can boost a fighter's invincibility with the gold coins in the cereal for a few seconds! This cereal will make the fighters magically rich!

Franken Berry's Assist Items:

Franken Berry Fruit Roll Ups

9FUS5.png

When used, the opponent can be tangled into the Fruit Roll-Ups leading to the fighter's demise. Simply put it, it puts them in the grave.

Count Chocula Cereal

101_5940_ucp.jpg

The oldest and most iconic Monster Cereal of them all. When used, the cereal will give the fighter vampiric abilities allowing them to "bite" an opponent to give the opponent a poising effect which will give the fighter accumulating damage for a few seconds until it wears off. Perfect for spooky season!

I may submit a moveset for Wendy later.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Lucky
Lucky is a zoner, fitting for a character who's always on the run. His moveset combines references to Lucky Charms and general luck mythology.

Light: Lucky gains a pig snout, pig tail, and wings for a Falco-esque spin

Light Up: Lucky throws two big dice upwards.

Light Down: Lucky quickly picks up a penny.

Light Dash: Lucky does a leprechaun kick - this stops Lucky in place, but also hits from behind instead of forwards, making it perfect for chase scenarios.

Light Air: Lucky does an aerial cartwheel, with a 4-leaf clover appearing behind him - aligned to - and longer than - his arms and legs.

Light Up Air: Lucky does a single leprechaun kick upsidedown

Light Down Air: Lucky waves his hand through the air and creates a rainbow trail

Strong: Lucky offers a present which promptly explodes, Smurfs-style

Strong Up: Lucky summons a bunch of Lucky Charms rice pieces and fuses them into a Lucky Charms Cluster, works a little like Mega Man's up smash

Strong Down: Lucky plays horseshoes, albeit with an extremely near pole

Strong Dash: a standard kick, somewhat like Sonic's in Smash, with a magic star on the tip

Strong Air: Lucky hitches a ride on a shooting star, dashing straight forwards

Strong Up Air: Lucky gains a unicorn horn hat and impales upwards

Strong Down Air: Lucky grips a pot of gold and spins downwards, spreading gold and rainbows across the way.

Up Special: Magic Red Balloon
Lucky grabs on to a balloon, it pops at a set time, creating a small hitbox that spikes. He can also jump off the balloon and it'll continue to ascend with the same hop attack

Side Special: Lucky Marshmallows
Lucky spawns one of the Lucky Charms marshmallows, which will slide across the ground and deal damage to anyone in their path as a multihit... including Lucky! Lucky can spawn 3 at a time, but there is still a cooldown, and only one can be on a single platform at a time. they have no unique properties of their own.

Neutral Special: Rainbow Platform
Lucky creates a rainbow platform that only he and his projectiles can stand on. You can hold the button to make longer or shorter platforms.

Food:
Funko Pop Frankenberry Pez Dispenser

Creates a little platform below you whenever you jump like opening Pez dispensers for refills, this allows you to use ground attacks in the air! Lasts for an extremely short time however

Frankenberry Circa. 1971

You can't talk Frankenberry without digging up this little incident - using this turns you and any projectiles you create pink. That's it. It has its obscure psychological uses but is really just a gross-out joke and nothing else.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will leave the assist items job open for another day. Also, movesets remain indefinitely open for Miss Chiquita and Franken Berry as of now.

I have a moveset for Wendy:

The Fast Food Girl Who Cooks Like Mom, Wendy!

dbpw3bp-733cfb2d-068f-4590-b779-28ef24ab1f9a.png

Wendy is a simple rushdown fighter with attacks themed after the Wendy's menu items as well as the commercials and even the roasts. She also has moves based off of common fast food restaurant work actions and the liking due to the mascot not being that prevalent in ads. Compared to the other fast food mascots on the roster, Wendy has a gimmick regarding fast food combos with changing up orders (especially for the Dave's burgers in the Neutral special). She also is a little floaty (similar to Peach) and a lightweight, making her a glass cannon.

Light: Wendy is seen taking a fast food order by clicking on the register.

Light Up: Wendy flicks a spatula upward with a hamburger patty on it.

Light Down: Wendy cleans up a soda puddle.

Light Dash: Wendy is seen tripping with a tray of food on it.

Light Air: Wendy simply lifts up a pan of hash browns in them.

Light Up Air: Wendy simply is seen reaching with food for the highest oven.

Light Down Air: Wendy is seen splashing down French Fries like in the Wendy's commercials

Strong: Wendy is seen making a random roast about a fighter.

Strong Up: Wendy is seen cooking chicken nuggets and flinging them upwards.

Strong Down: Wendy applies the sour cream on a baked potato.

Strong Dash: Wendy is seen running with the Baconator fries on a plate and causes the cheesiness to goop over a fighter.

Strong Air: Wendy is seen tossing a salad.

Strong Up Air: Wendy flings Wendy's branded coffee upward.

Strong Down Air: Wendy slams down a spatula as she is using it to put food back on the stove. It has a spike hitbox.

Up Special: Hamburger Helpers
From one of the first Wendy's ads, the Singing Hamburgers will give Wendy a lift by forming a stack of them and thus making her climb upward. However, this is a linear recovery as she can easily be spiked or edgeguarded.

Neutral Special: Where's The Beef?
By simply holding the special button, Wendy can search through the kitchen for up to three of Dave's Patties to make a Dave's Single, Double or Triple burger. Press the special button again, you get fries. One more time and you get a drink. Then, Wendy can simply carry the tray of food and a drink over for a nasty attack. She fling the tray of food at the fighter. It's a three part setup move with amazing payoff.

Side Special: Frosties Coming Up!
Wendy will summon a Frosty making machine. Hold it down while flicking the control stick to a side, she will make a Frosty. Flavors do not change the stats of the move outside of appearance. Then, she will throw the Frosty in the direction you hold the control stick, causing the opponent to get a temporary freeze.

This was tough to write up as the mascot is not featured that much outside of the logo.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Frankenberry

Frankenberry is a rather distinct fighter - despite his size and mechanical parts, he's rather lightweight. All of his moves are multihits, which means he can pile on a lot of damage and doesn't need to worry about timing too much, but he struggles to KO.

Light: Frankenberry opens up his torso like a car door - revealing lots of Frankneberry cereal inside - and spins the door like a plane engine. This can be held.

Up Light: Frankenberry pours milk downwards, this can be held and - despite having a downwards hitbox - sends foes upwards.

Down Light: Frakenberry stomps down 4 times, 2 with each foot.

Dash Light: Frankenberry holds out his arms and steps slowly like the classic Frankenstein, with his strawberry fingernails glowing pink.

Light Air: Frankenberry spins in the air with steam coming out his exhaust pipe

Up Light Air: Frankenberry's arms and feet come off and spin in a circle towards the screen, with them becoming big when they go up to represent a punch and kick

Down Light Air: Frankenberry faces downwards and spins his head (think Wario's Brawl Up Smash combined with his down air)

Strong: A triple kick attack

Up Strong: Frankenberry tenses up and creates hot steam from his exhaust

Down Strong: Frankenberry takes off his head and kicks it around in a circle

Dash Stong: Frankenberry trips over and bounces. This move begins with an animation that highly resembles his dash light but doesn't have a hitbox, making it great for tricking foes into countering and leaving themselves vulnerable.

Strong Air: Frankenberry spins with his fists out

Up Strong Air: Frankenberry shoves diagonally with his shoulder, then punches the opposite direction

Down Strong Air: Frankenberry takes off his head, slams it down, then puts it back on for a headbutt attack

Special: I'm Alive!
A thunderstorm appears in front of Frankenberry, and you can press again to make on appear behind him - the first thunderstorm throws the foe into the second with the right timing. Frankenberry heals from every thunderstorm, but is also left vulnerable as he can't do anything but make a second thunderstorm for the move's duration. This move is Frankenberry's best and only reliable kill move.

Side Special: Faux Fear
Frankenberry dashes forwards in fear like at the end of the classic commercials, which deals damace - however, it's all just an act: when you hit a foe, you can either keep dashing or press the button again for a powerful knee thrust!

Up Special: Marshmella Uppercut
A clone of Mii Brawler's Thrust Uppercut. Frankenberry marshmallows come out of the foe.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my stages for Lucky and Franken Berry have been added. Now, onward to the next two jobs!

Job 60:

Submit assist items for Lucky and Franken Berry.

Job 61:

Submit movesets for Lucky and Franken Berry. Also, we still need movesets for Wendy and Ms. Chiquita as well I believe.

Get submitting!

Lucky's Assist Items:

Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bars

View attachment 362128

When used, the opponent is able to make a magical platform and control it to evade the fight, similar to Lucky's ability to create platforms and dodge the children who chase him easily!

Chocolate Lucky Charms

View attachment 362129

Magically delicious but with chocolate. When used, this cereal can boost a fighter's invincibility with the gold coins in the cereal for a few seconds! This cereal will make the fighters magically rich!

Franken Berry's Assist Items:

Franken Berry Fruit Roll Ups

View attachment 362130

When used, the opponent can be tangled into the Fruit Roll-Ups leading to the fighter's demise. Simply put it, it puts them in the grave.

Count Chocula Cereal

View attachment 362131

The oldest and most iconic Monster Cereal of them all. When used, the cereal will give the fighter vampiric abilities allowing them to "bite" an opponent to give the opponent a poising effect which will give the fighter accumulating damage for a few seconds until it wears off. Perfect for spooky season!

I may submit a moveset for Wendy later.
Lucky
Lucky is a zoner, fitting for a character who's always on the run. His moveset combines references to Lucky Charms and general luck mythology.

Light: Lucky gains a pig snout, pig tail, and wings for a Falco-esque spin

Light Up: Lucky throws two big dice upwards.

Light Down: Lucky quickly picks up a penny.

Light Dash: Lucky does a leprechaun kick - this stops Lucky in place, but also hits from behind instead of forwards, making it perfect for chase scenarios.

Light Air: Lucky does an aerial cartwheel, with a 4-leaf clover appearing behind him - aligned to - and longer than - his arms and legs.

Light Up Air: Lucky does a single leprechaun kick upsidedown

Light Down Air: Lucky waves his hand through the air and creates a rainbow trail

Strong: Lucky offers a present which promptly explodes, Smurfs-style

Strong Up: Lucky summons a bunch of Lucky Charms rice pieces and fuses them into a Lucky Charms Cluster, works a little like Mega Man's up smash

Strong Down: Lucky plays horseshoes, albeit with an extremely near pole

Strong Dash: a standard kick, somewhat like Sonic's in Smash, with a magic star on the tip

Strong Air: Lucky hitches a ride on a shooting star, dashing straight forwards

Strong Up Air: Lucky gains a unicorn horn hat and impales upwards

Strong Down Air: Lucky grips a pot of gold and spins downwards, spreading gold and rainbows across the way.

Up Special: Magic Red Balloon
Lucky grabs on to a balloon, it pops at a set time, creating a small hitbox that spikes. He can also jump off the balloon and it'll continue to ascend with the same hop attack

Side Special: Lucky Marshmallows
Lucky spawns one of the Lucky Charms marshmallows, which will slide across the ground and deal damage to anyone in their path as a multihit... including Lucky! Lucky can spawn 3 at a time, but there is still a cooldown, and only one can be on a single platform at a time. they have no unique properties of their own.

Neutral Special: Rainbow Platform
Lucky creates a rainbow platform that only he and his projectiles can stand on. You can hold the button to make longer or shorter platforms.

Food:
Funko Pop Frankenberry Pez Dispenser

Creates a little platform below you whenever you jump like opening Pez dispensers for refills, this allows you to use ground attacks in the air! Lasts for an extremely short time however

Frankenberry Circa. 1971

You can't talk Frankenberry without digging up this little incident - using this turns you and any projectiles you create pink. That's it. It has its obscure psychological uses but is really just a gross-out joke and nothing else.
Alright, my moveset for Wendy will be added as well as Wa3's movesets for Lucky and Franken Berry. Along with this, my assist items for Lucky have been added. Now, let's vote on assist items for Franken Berry. Vote for your top 2 assist items but you can only put one of your own in second.

Franken Berry Assist Items

Franken Berry Roll Ups AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Count Chocola AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Funko Pop Frankenberry Pez Dispenser Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Frankenberry Circa. 1971 Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

My votes:

1. Funko Pop Frankenberry Pez Dispenser
2. Count Chocola

I feel we should have another Monster Cereal character represented as an assist item so why not Count Chocola's cereal?

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I do not believe I have to tally these results but the Count Chocola cereal and the Funko Pop Frankenberry Pez DIspenser will be Franken Berry's assist items! Now, onward to the next two jobs:

Job 62:

Submit another drink brand mascot! We currently only have one drink based mascot being the Kool-Aid man on the roster so I feel drinks should get more representation! The top submission after voting will join the roster!

Job 63:

Submit a stage based off of a food/drink product. The company that the stage is based off of will not get a fighter in the game.

Get submitting!

Job 62:

I will be resubmitting the Icee Bear since I submitted him in the old Food Fight! thread.

Icee Bear (ICEE)

artworks-000188737451-jsagtt-t500x500.jpg

The Icee Bear is the mascot for The Icee Company. The company makes frozen beverages and the liking. It came about due to a faulty machine at a Dairy Queen. Because of the ICEE drink, it led to the creation of the Slurpee (the 7-11 drink). He can use ice and frozen drinks for his attacks. Throw in some snowboarding themed attacks too and we'd be set. He'd be the perfect mascot to represent frozen beverages.

Job 63:

Taste the Rainbow (Skittles)

Untitled-4.jpg

A super iconic candy brand getting a stage. Basically, you will fight on a rainbow made up by the Skittles candy. Occassionally, the Skitlles will be "eaten" causing platforms to disappear. But, the Skittles that make up the rainbow stage will respawn.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Other stage: I Feel OK

Based on the infamous flop of a beverage, OK is a surreal stage that's hard on the eyes with distracting faces and text from the OK Manifesto flashing in and out. It's layout is similar to the Ascend Zone from Slap City - basically, FD but barely big enough to fit 2 fighters.

Fighter: Fido Dido

It's cool to be clear! Fido would use his magical pencil to erase and modify projectiles and traps.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Miss Chiquita

Miss Chiquita uses her anthropomorphic banana design - though due to the nature of some of her attacks she now wears leggings. She is somewhat of an all-rounder, but leans a little swifter and weaker than Ronald, edging her a little into rushdown territory.

Light: A kick-kick-kick attack

Light Up: Chiquita does her iconic "one hand raised, other hand on hip" pose

Light Down: Chiquita slides on her knee

Light Dash: Chiquita courtsies her dress and twirls

Light Up Air: Chiquita does a croise devant

Light Air: Chiquita goes through an air hoop

Light Down Air: Chiquita twists downwards

Strong: Chiquita does a stretched-out kick

Strong Up: Chiquita does a can-can high kick

Strong Down: Chiquita spins her dress, somewhat like Peach's down smash

Strong Dash: Chiquita does Parvati's Graceful Dance Pose

Strong Up Air: Chiquita does a penché

Strong Air: Chiquita does a kick upside down

Strong Down Air: Chiquita snaps her legs down like scissors

Special: Banana Batch
Chiquita throws a batch of bananas, they decrease in number the longer they fly, but also become more powerful. they propel foes backwards like Helga's neutral special in NASB

Side Special: Retreat
Chiquita leaps backwards in the air or moonwalks on ground,

Up Special: Piroulette
Basically Wario's up special, multihit that goes up.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so I will allow for both the ICEE Bear and Fido Dido to get in as well as both of the stages me and Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario submitted. Congrats to the both of us! Now, onward to to the next two jobs, one main job and one discussion questions:

Job 64:

Submit home stages for the ICEE Bear and/or Fido Dido. Describe the
layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. Get submitting!

Discussion Question:

How should the marketing be for Food
Fight? How should we go about promoting the game, revealing newcomers, etc. All that stuff. Get discussing and answer this question as well.

Job 64:

ICEE Bear Stage:

The ICEE Slushie Slopes

cherry-icee.png

An original stage based on the ICEE Slushie as well as the polar bear mascot's love of snowboarding, the stage takes place on a ski slope where you be on top of a slushie sliding down the slopes. Snow and ice are hazards so watch out for those.

Fido Dido's Stage:

7-Up Sketching Paper

Inspiration for Stage

The stage will take place on a paper with walkoff blastzones where the fighters will fight on a piece of paper where various sketches from the 7-UP commercials will appear. Occassionally, the sketcher's pencil will be used as a sword as a hazard. There will be various things drawn such as a beach scene with a plane flying a banner, a soda machine, etc.

Alright, now for my ideas for how Food Fight! should be marketed:

• Game will be first announced at Super Bowl featuring the 21 already revealed characters.
  • Various food brands such as the restaurants, food products, drink products, etc. will be VERY involved with the advertising of this game with promo coupons, ads, etc. The game will be advertised everywhere.
  • The game will be exhibited at multiple sporting events as well as at big platfighter majors.
  • There will also be a Food Fight! invitational as well featuring the most well known names in the platfighter community and esports
  • I feel reveals will be done maybe a bit more subtly compared to PBS Kids: Brawltime! where the fighters will be revealed via social media posts.
  • Potentially, after the game's launch, there can be a Food Fight! tournament circuit involving some sort of huge prize pool
  • DLC and more post-game content is still in the works.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
7Up Bottle

This is based on the bonus round from Cool Spot - the music track would, of course, the absolutely banging Rave Dance Tune from the game. The stage is essentially just a single soft platform in the middle - however, since the fighters are engulfed in liquid, they have infinite jumps!

In terms of marketing, I think it'd be cool to have crossover battles on packages meant to be placed together - like say if you put a Wendy's Food Fight promo bag next to a McDonald's Food Fight promo bag it'd show Wendy fighting Ronald.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Fido Dido's Stage:

7-Up Sketching Paper

Inspiration for Stage

The stage will take place on a paper with walkoff blastzones where the fighters will fight on a piece of paper where various sketches from the 7-UP commercials will appear. Occassionally, the sketcher's pencil will be used as a sword as a hazard. There will be various things drawn such as a beach scene with a plane flying a banner, a soda machine, etc.

Alright, now for my ideas for how Food Fight! should be marketed:

• Game will be first announced at Super Bowl featuring the 21 already revealed characters.
  • Various food brands such as the restaurants, food products, drink products, etc. will be VERY involved with the advertising of this game with promo coupons, ads, etc. The game will be advertised everywhere.
  • The game will be exhibited at multiple sporting events as well as at big platfighter majors.
  • There will also be a Food Fight! invitational as well featuring the most well known names in the platfighter community and esports
  • I feel reveals will be done maybe a bit more subtly compared to PBS Kids: Brawltime! where the fighters will be revealed via social media posts.
  • Potentially, after the game's launch, there can be a Food Fight! tournament circuit involving some sort of huge prize pool
  • DLC and more post-game content is still in the works.
7Up Bottle

This is based on the bonus round from Cool Spot - the music track would, of course, the absolutely banging Rave Dance Tune from the game. The stage is essentially just a single soft platform in the middle - however, since the fighters are engulfed in liquid, they have infinite jumps!

In terms of marketing, I think it'd be cool to have crossover battles on packages meant to be placed together - like say if you put a Wendy's Food Fight promo bag next to a McDonald's Food Fight promo bag it'd show Wendy fighting Ronald.
Alright, I will close the job now. My stage for the ICEE Bear will be added. However, we need to vote on a stage for Fido Dido.

7-Up Stage Poll
7-Up Sketching Paper AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
7Up Bottle Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Job 65:

Submit assist items for the ICEE Bear and Fido Dido.

Job 66:

Submit movesets for the ICEE Bear and Fido Dido.

Get submitting!

Assist Items for the ICEE Bear:

ICEE Cherry Frost Pouch

9b46ff04-694e-41b9-b6db-71c637ffc3d6.0b7891b5657c48f608c541041a5f47a7.jpeg

When using this item, the player gaining the item will be able to hold ice cherries basically similar to the ice balls that Ice Mario throws. You get 20 ice balls to freeze your opponents for a temporary time so use it wisely.

The Original ICEE Slushie

cherry-icee.png

The slushie that made ICEE a famous name! When consuming the slushie, your movement will slow down to emulate a "Brain freeze" but your stats will be buffed for a temporary time.

Assist items for Fido Dido:

Mixed Berry 7Up Plus

ezgif-5-7e21418b0b.jpg

A healthier option for a soft drink brand! When consuming this item, the player being assisted will restore 50% of their health.

Original 7Up Soda Can, Caffiene Free

14496_SU_Regular_12oz_Can_Front_Dry.jpeg

When consuming this item, the player being assisted will gain a slight stat buff thanks to the drink.

I will probably write a moveset for the ICEE Bear soon.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'll try to submit a Fido moveset at some point, and possibly Icee.

Submitting my own take on AlteredBeast's 7Up submission- 7Up Original

Works like the Bonus Flag item in Smash, give it a drink for three whole seconds for an extra stock. Just one, not seven!

7Up RushRox

Creates an active popping candy hitbox around the user, doesn't deal knockback but does a lot of damage.

Icee Blood Orange

Taking "blood" a little too literally, if someone hits you directly they'll also take damage - however, projectiles or item-related moves have no effect.

Icee Mermaid

Replaces your up-special with a one-use mer-tail move. This move recovers really high and is a multihit that leads into a huge, powerful, Icee explosion

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fido moveset

The hip, rebellious cartoonist who's against nobody, Fido is a lockdown fighter - similar to NASB Garfield - who uses projectiles to get foes near-but-not-too-near, like a reverse zoner almost

Light: Fido scribbles, should he hit a foe from the front they'll gain a moustache, but from the back he'll draw a tiny fart.

Light Up: Fido draws a curve with his pencil

Light Down: Fido pokes his pencil downwards, the tip snaps off

Light Dash: Fido sketches a skateboard upwards against his feet, propelling foes backwards if it hits

Light Air: Fido draws a Cool S around himself

Light Up Air: Fido gets an angel halo drawn

Light Down Air: Fido draws fine shading with his pencil

Strong: Fido pokes with the eraser end of the pencil

Strong Up: Fido erases upwards

Strong Down: Fido draws Kilroy on the floor. The nose spikes, so you'll want to draw him very close to the edge.

Strong Dash: Fido pole vaults off his pencil

Strong Air: Fido spins and draws a tornado around himself

Strong Up Air: Fido gets devil ears drawn

Strong Down Air: A stall and fall where Fido uses the pencil as a pogo stick, drawn handles appearing on it

Special:: Later, Skater!
Fido draws a skateboard and leaves it lying in the air. Should a foe touch it, they'll slide on it to Fido's direction, allowing any follow up Fido wants. If the skateboard is far away from Fido when hit, the foe may - depending on how much damage they have - act out of the skateboard at a certain point like they would any other animations,

Side Special: Swapper Sketch
Fido holds out his pencil extremely far. Should a projectile hit the pencil, it's foe will swap places with it, Fido can follow this up with any of his moves, or just let the projectile that would've hit him do the work.

Up Special: Fido's Flier
Based loosely on one of the most iconic Fido ads, Fido draws a war plane and boards it, he can press the special button again to drop a fizzy soda bomb, or press any other button to jump off of it. It can be controlled like Snake's up B. The bomb sends foes up and not down, but he only gets one each time he uses the move. Doesn't leave him helpless.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Icee Bear slides in!

Icee bear is a powerful, fast, heavyweight with great range thanks to his ice surfboard, which he uses a variety of surfing and skating tricks with. However, he also suffers from being extremely slippery and not having very good jump height - though his jump attacks are some of the most powerful. Additionally, all his specials take away his board for a second and a half, leaving him in a state where he's slow and cannot attack with any moves other than his light and strong - though he also becomes heavier, gets better defense, and has access to all universal movement and defence options

Light: The bear waves his arm and creates ice.

Light Up: The bear kicks his board, which makes it fling upwards. Reaches low but sends foes upwards.

Light Down: The bear paddles forwards like a surfer starting, this propels him slightly forwards and can not only be rapidly pressed, but also cancelled into either dash attack without building momentum

Light Dash: The bear does an ollie - this can allow him to reach lower hanging platforms.

Light Air: The bear spins in a horizontal circle with his surfboard

Light Down Air: The bear does an uppercut as his board goes upside down

Light Up Air: The bear does a kick flip

Strong: The bear does a slush-powered slash

Strong Up: The bear grasps his surfboard and slashes it like a sword

Strong Down: The bear holds up his surfboard one-handedly, with one foot on the board, and spins.

Strong Dash: The bear does a handstand on his surfboard, hitting upwards

Strong Air: The bear spins vertically on his surfboard, creating a whirlpool of water

Strong Down Air: The bear picks up his surfboard and slams it down, with an explosion of slush when it hits

Strong Up Air: The bear turns upside down, and icicles come out the bottom of his surfboard

Special: Ice Breaker
The bear stomps his board and it bursts into an explosion of Slush.

Side Special: Ice Eject
The Icee Bear kicks his surfboard away from him, which then goes across as a small but extremely powerful projectile.

Up Special: Board Drop
The bear drops his board, making it a downwards projectile

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will close the job now. My stage for the ICEE Bear will be added. However, we need to vote on a stage for Fido Dido.

7-Up Stage Poll
7-Up Sketching Paper AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
7Up Bottle Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Job 65:

Submit assist items for the ICEE Bear and Fido Dido.

Job 66:

Submit movesets for the ICEE Bear and Fido Dido.

Get submitting!

Assist Items for the ICEE Bear:

ICEE Cherry Frost Pouch

View attachment 362867

When using this item, the player gaining the item will be able to hold ice cherries basically similar to the ice balls that Ice Mario throws. You get 20 ice balls to freeze your opponents for a temporary time so use it wisely.

The Original ICEE Slushie

View attachment 362868

The slushie that made ICEE a famous name! When consuming the slushie, your movement will slow down to emulate a "Brain freeze" but your stats will be buffed for a temporary time.

Assist items for Fido Dido:

Mixed Berry 7Up Plus

View attachment 362869

A healthier option for a soft drink brand! When consuming this item, the player being assisted will restore 50% of their health.

Original 7Up Soda Can, Caffiene Free

View attachment 362870

When consuming this item, the player being assisted will gain a slight stat buff thanks to the drink.

I will probably write a moveset for the ICEE Bear soon.
I'll try to submit a Fido moveset at some point, and possibly Icee.

Submitting my own take on AlteredBeast's 7Up submission- 7Up Original

Works like the Bonus Flag item in Smash, give it a drink for three whole seconds for an extra stock. Just one, not seven!

7Up RushRox

Creates an active popping candy hitbox around the user, doesn't deal knockback but does a lot of damage.

Icee Blood Orange

Taking "blood" a little too literally, if someone hits you directly they'll also take damage - however, projectiles or item-related moves have no effect.

Icee Mermaid

Replaces your up-special with a one-use mer-tail move. This move recovers really high and is a multihit that leads into a huge, powerful, Icee explosion
blows dust off of the thread

Hello all, it has been a while since I updated this thread. I'm kind of awful at managing multiple threads but hey, we're back. Wa3's stage for Fido got in despite the tie. Also, his movesets for Fido and Icee Bear are the movesets for the two characters. But, now we need to decide on assist items. Vote on your top 2 and you can vote for your own items if you want due to the limited submissions.

ICEE Assist Items:

ICEE Cherry Frost Pouch AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Original ICEE Slushie AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Icee Blood Orange Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Icee Mermaid Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

7Up Assist Items:

Mixed Berry 7Up Plus AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Original 7Up Soda Can, Caffiene Free AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
7Up Original Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
7Up RushRox Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Now, onto the next three jobs, two main jobs and one side job:

Job 67:

Submit a stage based off of a chain restaurant not yet represented in the game. The company that the stage is based off of will not get a fighter in the game.

Job 68:

Submit a newcomer prompt. Remember to not be too vague. Be specific but leave room for creativity!

Side job:

Write a commercial/trailer script for the inital reveal for Food Fight!

Get submitting!

Icee Assist Items:

1. Icee Mermaid
2. Original Icee Slushie

7Up Assist Items:

1. Original 7Up can by Wa3
2. Mixed Berry 7Up Plus

Chain Restaurant Stage:

The Rainforest (Rainforest Cafe)

huge.jpg

Rainforest Cafe is a restaurant chain with rainforest/jungle themed decor. Basically, this stage is themed after the rainforest where Cha-Cha the treefrog and his friends live. You fight amongst the treetops of the rainforest and Cha-Cha and his friends spectate and watch you fight under the night sky. Occasionally (every 22ish seconds or so), lightning will strike the stage similar to how there are "thunderstorms" in the Rainforest Cafe restaurants every 22 minutes or so. I used to go a lot here as a kid so it's a bit of a nostalgic submission for me.

Newcomer prompt:

Submit an ice cream mascot.

I do not think we have an ice cream mascot yet so we can look for some mascots in that food realm.

I will maybe submit commercial script later as a seperate post or so.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dunkin' World

This stage puts you inside a hyperloop of donuts, falling down infinitely within the rings of many donut flavours. You fight atop a set of coffee cups, one of which has a lid open in the middle, which you can KO out of. You cannot KO off the sides or upwards though, the donuts keep you inside.

Prompt: Submit a representative for either Coca-Cola or Pepsi

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
blows dust off of the thread

Hello all, it has been a while since I updated this thread. I'm kind of awful at managing multiple threads but hey, we're back. Wa3's stage for Fido got in despite the tie. Also, his movesets for Fido and Icee Bear are the movesets for the two characters. But, now we need to decide on assist items. Vote on your top 2 and you can vote for your own items if you want due to the limited submissions.

ICEE Assist Items:

ICEE Cherry Frost Pouch AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Original ICEE Slushie AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Icee Blood Orange Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Icee Mermaid Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

7Up Assist Items:

Mixed Berry 7Up Plus AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Original 7Up Soda Can, Caffiene Free AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
7Up Original Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
7Up RushRox Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Now, onto the next three jobs, two main jobs and one side job:

Job 67:

Submit a stage based off of a chain restaurant not yet represented in the game. The company that the stage is based off of will not get a fighter in the game.

Job 68:

Submit a newcomer prompt. Remember to not be too vague. Be specific but leave room for creativity!

Side job:

Write a commercial/trailer script for the inital reveal for Food Fight!

Get submitting!

Icee Assist Items:

1. Icee Mermaid
2. Original Icee Slushie

7Up Assist Items:

1. Original 7Up can by Wa3
2. Mixed Berry 7Up Plus

Chain Restaurant Stage:

The Rainforest (Rainforest Cafe)

View attachment 363943

Rainforest Cafe is a restaurant chain with rainforest/jungle themed decor. Basically, this stage is themed after the rainforest where Cha-Cha the treefrog and his friends live. You fight amongst the treetops of the rainforest and Cha-Cha and his friends spectate and watch you fight under the night sky. Occasionally (every 22ish seconds or so), lightning will strike the stage similar to how there are "thunderstorms" in the Rainforest Cafe restaurants every 22 minutes or so. I used to go a lot here as a kid so it's a bit of a nostalgic submission for me.

Newcomer prompt:

Submit an ice cream mascot.

I do not think we have an ice cream mascot yet so we can look for some mascots in that food realm.

I will maybe submit commercial script later as a seperate post or so.
Dunkin' World

This stage puts you inside a hyperloop of donuts, falling down infinitely within the rings of many donut flavours. You fight atop a set of coffee cups, one of which has a lid open in the middle, which you can KO out of. You cannot KO off the sides or upwards though, the donuts keep you inside.

Prompt: Submit a representative for either Coca-Cola or Pepsi
1. ICEE Mermaid
2. ICEE Slushie

1. Original
2. Mixed Berry

Prompt: Submit a mascot for gummy-related candies

Will probably write a reveal later
Alright, I will add both Rainforest Cafe and Dunkin' World as stages. Also, Wa3's ICEE Mermaid and his two 7Up assist items got in as well as my Original Slushie idea as an assist item as well.

We will do all three newcomer prompts but also be sure to write an initial reveal trailer with the 21 fighters we have so far. Vote for your favorite prompt to do first but you can only put your own in second.

Submit an ice cream mascot AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit a representative for either Coca-Cola or Pepsi Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Submit a mascot for gummy-related candies Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule

1. Coca-Cola/Pepsi rep
2. Gummy-related candies

Will probably write reveal trailer later. I write now wanna get this thread back in action.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Reveal:
The trailer begins with a close up of a picture-perfect McDonald's Big Mac, with ASMR-esque sizzling sounds. "Fried to perfection, the McDonald's Big Mac, you know you want..." Suddenly, the screen starts shaking and banging sounds can be heard, and the announcer loses their entrancing tone "Hey, what's going on here? WE'RE TRYING TO SHOOT AN AD HER-" the camera falls over as Ronald is knocked back into it - the song "Fast Food" begins as the camera switches to show Ronald getting up in a studio and throwing sparkling magic at the Burger King, who dodges every single attack and then knocks Ronald back with a powerful fire punch - a near-incapacitated Ronald waves towards Red and Yellow, who are watching in the background and throw over an ice cream treat - Ronald uses the ice cream treat to freeze the king with ice breath, who Toucan Sam flies in to stand in for - he dodges Ronald's ice cream breath and throws a Whopper in his face, with Ronald showing a clear look of disgust in a slow mo shot - Ronald is taken out, launching Red and Yellow into panic as they run around aimlessly, with Yellow accidentally kicking Red and launching him into the toucan, who ends up in a set resembling the Kentucky Chicken Coup stage, where a giant Colonel Sanders picks him up, holding a bucket in one jand - tiny Sam shoos the Colonel away, before The Noid appears from behind to grab the Colonel's bucket and cover his face - the colonel still manages to fight blindfolded with his cane, picking up the bunny-man by his ears, twisting them and propelling him away - the Noid throws a ruined pizza towards the Colonel, but Tony appears from nowhere to punch it back at him. The Colonel and Tony stand together before getting hit by a bouncing Skee-Ball, it zooms out to show Chuck E. winking at the audience from off-set, the Tony and the Colonel chase Chuck E. onto a set where a Nutmobile ad is being filmed, with Chuck hitching a ride from Chester to get away from the mad mascots, with Franken Berry falling off the Nutmobile and into the street as a blink-and-you-miss it moment - the logo of the game appears from Chester's motorcycle dust. After the title reveal, there's a stinger where Charlie asks "Where have I heard that name before?", to which Wendy responds "We agreed to forget that."

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright...it's been a while since I updated this thread due to real life stuff preventing me from doing so. But, the reveal trailer Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario wrote was splendid. Now, it's time to reveal our next newcomer mascot job...

Ice Cream Mascot: 0
Coca-Cola/Pepsi Mascot: 4
Gummy-related candies: 2

By the looks of things...here is our next newcomer job to ease us back into this thread:

Job 69:

Submit a mascot/something to represent either Coca-Cola or Pepsi! They are two iconic soda brands still not yet represented in this game so choose a mascot or something to represent them as the company! Explain a bit about your mascot and why they should join Food Fight! The top submission after voting will join the roster! Depending on the amount of entries however, we could have a Coca-Cola and a Pepsi character as well for the rivalry in the game! So...get submitting!

Coca-Cola/Pepsi Rep Submission:

Coca-Cola Soda Can

208206.jpeg

That's right...to literally have one product placement rep, why not have a literal Coca-Cola Soda Can to represent Coca-Cola? Literally our true "joke" fighter for this game. Sure, there are the Coca-Cola Polar Bears but we recently added a polar bear in the form of the ICEE Bear. Basically, the soda can can shoot out soda, reference the commercials/ads of Coca-Cola throughout the years, etc. Overall, an out-of-left-field inclusion for Coca-Cola.

I kind of got the idea from Wa3 about a literal Coca-Cola soda can being a fighter so I give him credit for it and I really wanna see it happen here in Food Fight! for sure.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job funny number: Pepsiman

Pepsiman is the mascot of Pepsi,he appears in various japanese commercials and there is a 1999 PlayStation 1 game where Pepsiman is the playable character. as a fighter, Pepsiman would be some moves similar to Captain Falcon.

Top Bottom