• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Fighters Legacy, A Fighting Game Crossover

Mortal Kombat Stage:
The Pit

The Pit is one of locations in Mortal Kombat games. It's a Scorpion's home stage and one of Iconic places in this game.
The stage would be flat walk-off one and it doesn't have Platforms. There are no Hazards, but there are Cameos of MK characters (Excluding guests).

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Ostrheinsburg (Soul Calibur)

Important location from series, transforming stage that transports you from castle exterior, interior, & raft in surrounding river.

Throne Room (Mortal Kombat)

Basic stage maybe like hazardless Wario Ware Inc., features various bosses from series on throne.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Soul Calibur

Star Destroyer Docking Bay

This stage is from Soul Calibur IV-

My Actual Submission

Ostrheinsburg Castle - Twilight

This would be a relatively small single platform that sails along the river. You can fall in the water and swim.

Mortal Kombat

The Street

street.png

This stage is on top of a bridge with a massive battle going on in the back, occasionally parts of the bridge will explode and crumble

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

hU4ImxF3Hie3B5TxkPPTXHD0R3LVIJSsleXeMgDgsRY.jpg

The Dead Pool
An iconic Mortal Kombat stage. Players fight on the platform in the middle. Watch out for the acid and hooks. Reptlie can be spotted crawling around in the background.
054.jpg

Astral Chaos
An atmospheric stage. An alternative relam where souls slain by soul Edge go to rest. Looks like it does in the image, but with extra platforms.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are your options for Job #20. Please vote for your top three or two most wanted Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat stages. You can only put your own submission in second or last place.
Soul Calibur:
nirvanafan nirvanafan Ostrheinsburg
cashregister9 cashregister9 Ostrheinsburg Castle (the twilight one)
@Darkonedagger Astral Chaos

Mortal Kombat:
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds The Pit
nirvanafan nirvanafan Throne Room
cashregister9 cashregister9 The Street
@Darkonedagger The Dead Pool

My votes:
1. Ostrheinsburg Twilight
2. Ostrheinsburg
3. Astral Chaos

1. Throne Room
2. Dead Pool
3. Pit

D

Deleted member

1. Ostrheinsburg
2. Ostrheinsburg Twilight
3. Astral Chaos

1. Pit
2. Dead Pool
3. Throne Room

Last edited by a moderator:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Astral Chaos
Ostrheinsburg
Ostrheinsburg Twilight

Pit
Throne Room
Dead Pool

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Ostrheinsburg
2. Ostrheinsburg Twilight
3. Astral Chaos

1. Dead Pool
2. The Pit
3. The Street

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, here are the results of our voting:
Ostrheinsburg 14
Ostrheinsburg Castle 9
Astral Chaos 8

The Pit 12
Throne Room 6
The Street 2
The Dead Pool 11

And so Ostrheinsburg and The Pit will be our stages! Now onto the next job:

Job #21: Submit A Character Who Debuted on Arcade
Submit a character who debuted on an arcade platform. Please submit the character and explain why they should be in this game. Since this is obviously a really broad category I'll add two characters from this job.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Ruby Heart

Thought we should represent Marvel vs. Capcom but thats kind of hard to do since most fighters are from other series. Luckily there are a few original fighters such as Ruby Heart, considered the main protagonist of MvC 2.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #21: New Arcade Fighter - Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter - 1993)

Akira Yuki is the mascot/face of SEGA's iconic video game series Virtua Fighter, which originally debuted on arcades in 1993. His fighting style is Bājíquán, a Chinese martial art (pronounced "Hakkyoku-ken" in Japanese). He serves as the assistant instructor at Yuki Budokan, striving for perfection and will drive himself relentlessly to master his techniques despite being known for his hot-blooded and impulsive nature. He seeks worthy opponents to fight in order to find flaws in his skills to further attain mastery, thus going on a quest to test his abilities by entering tournaments in order to achieve his grandfather's wish to see what "true strength" means, canonicallly winning the Second World Tournament (from Virtua Fighter 2). He was a childhood friend of Aoi Umenokoji.

The original Virtua Fighter, created by the legendary SEGA developer Yu Suzuki himself, is noteworthy for being a pioneer of the 3D fighting sub-genre to the point it inspired many fighting game series such as Tekken, Dead or Alive (in which he, Jacky, Sarah and Pai Chan made guest appearances), etc. and even worked as a influence for the original PlayStation console, Tomb Raider (especially Lara Croft's model) and John Romero's Quake (known for DOOM) thanks to it's polygonal graphics. It's success also spawned multiple revisions and sequels (with VF5: Ultimate Showdown released this year and became a candidate in The Game Awards), a few spin-offs and an anime series. Shenmue was originally planned to be a Virtua Fighter RPG with Akira as the protagonist (sharing some connections), as well. Akira even made multiple appearances in crossovers such as Project X Zone (alongside Pai and Kage-Maru), Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (alongside Jacky) and the Super Smash Bros. series (as a Mii Costume and Assist Trophy in his 3D polygon model from the first game).

While Akira may look like he's an amalgamation of Ryu and Kazuya Mishima themselves, he would be a bit beginner-friendly, yet hard-to-master character who focuses on strong, close-ranged melee attacks from his Bajiquan style with follow-ups such as his signature Tetsuzankou (body check/shoulder tackle), Renkantai (anti-aerial double kick), etc. and excels at throws, combos and mid-range brawls. As a final note, take these random concepts and two Virtua Fighter movesets (especially a latter format with former's moves) made by a fellow friend @osby for Speed Weed Speed Weed 's Battle of AGES (join in if you want!) as examples.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kasumi (Dead or Alive)

Kind of another obvious one but it's a series that deserves representation in a fighting game crossover like this. She'd be a speedy fighter with her Ninja moves. Classic design would be an slt.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’m submitting Iori.

So I think our thread is currently in a bit of an awkward period where we have to get all the obvious characters who need to be in this game out of the way and one of these characters is Iori. Iori is the rival of Kyo and is often considered the second most important character in KoF and as such I think it’s pretty much a necessity to add him in eventually given how iconic he and his series are.

Now, here are the options for Job #21. Please vote for your top three most wanted of these options, in order. You can only put your own submission in second or third place.
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Heart Aino - Arcana Heart
nirvanafan nirvanafan Ruby Heart - Marvel vs. Capcom
tonygameman tonygameman Akira Yuki - Virtua Fighter
@Darkonedagger Kasumi - Dead or Alive
Perkilator Perkilator Nakoruru - Samurai Shodown
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Iori - King of Fighters

My votes:
1. Akira
2. Nakoruru
3. Iori
Not too many options for this job but I think it’s quality over quantity for this one since we’re essentially adding some of the big names here who pretty much have to get in eventually

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Well, here we go, here are the results of the Job #21 voting:
Heart Aino 1
Ruby Heart 6
Akira Yuki 26
Kasumi 11
Nakoruru 12
Iori 4

And so Akira and Nakoruru will both finally be added as characters! Now we'll move onto the next job:

Job #22: Submit A Moveset For Terry and/or Sub-Zero
See the source image
See the source image

A double-round for two early 90s fighting game legends... Submit the moveset for either Terry, Sub-Zero or both. Now just like Kazuya's moveset you would be allowed to take pretty much all the moves from Terry's smash moveset as you want (to be honest, all of his special moves are pretty much covered by smash and it's a pretty straight-forward moveset so even if he wasn't in smash the moveset we'd come up with would probably be identical anyways) so keep that in mind if you're planning on submitting a moveset for him. All you need to submit are the specials and ultimate attacks.

We've done quite a lot of the same stage, character and moveset jobs so I think I might have something special planned for the next job after this.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission for Terry will be the same as in Smash, only buster wolf and power geyser will be his ultimate attacks. If you press the button multiple times while using power geyser it turns to triple geyser.
I’ll use my sub zero moveset from my smash of another universe as well:
All of his attacks have a chance of freezing on high percentages, and will also sometimes make people slow for a couple of seconds

Neutral Special: Ice Blast
He sticks out both hands and blasts ice forward.

Side Special: Ice Shower
He holds both hands forward at an upwards angle (instead of just directly up like he does in the screenshot) and releases a blast of ice which moves forward in an arc.

Up Special: Tombstone Teleport
He falls back into a portal made from ice, and then he appears in another portal a bit above him.

Down Special: Ice Clone
He steps back and in the place where he was, a sculpture of himself made of ice appears and stays for about three seconds. If any opponents touch this sculpture it'll explode in an icy explosion, knocking them away. Shards from the explosion can also sometimes hit other people. He can't place any more sculptures if one of his own is on stage.

Final Smash: Sub-Zero Fatality
He starts off by making a sword from ice.
Afterwards he swings it forward. If he hits an opponent, they'll be completely blue frozen in ice. Afterwards, they will explode in a gigantic icy explosion. The explosion instantly KO's if the opponent's percentage is high enough, but if it's not they will just be sent flying away.

Only other thing I want to add is that his dash attack would be slide.

I’ll finish this job in a few hours.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My movesets for both will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #23: Submit A Simple Story
If you remember, we decided we wouldn’t have a story mode in this game but I do think we should have some simple explanation of why these worlds are coming together so by “story” I mean I want you to submit some reason for these worlds to come together. If you think we don’t need one just say so and that’ll be your submission.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Hey, sorry everyone but I’m not really interested in running this thread anymore. It was really fun speculating on this game and I do really like the idea of a game like this being made but I just don’t have much interest in running a creation thread on this anymore. There isn’t really any particular reason, I’m just not very motivated to continue. If someone would like to take over this thread or make another thread with a similar topic, you are more than welcome to just as long as it’s in a seperate thread.

Thanks everyone for participating and submitting content, I really appreciate it!

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Hey, sorry everyone but I’m not really interested in running this thread anymore. It was really fun speculating on this game and I do really like the idea of a game like this being made but I just don’t have much interest in running a creation thread on this anymore. There isn’t really any particular reason, I’m just not very motivated to continue. If someone would like to take over this thread or make another thread with a similar topic, you are more than welcome to just as long as it’s in a seperate thread.

Thanks everyone for participating and submitting content, I really appreciate it!
Thanks for creating & running this thread. Decided to try to pick up where we left off here on a new thread (https://smashboards.com/threads/fighters-legacy-fighting-game-platform-fighter-continued.517389/) if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom