• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Expand-A-Franchise, Currently Expanding… Nothing!

Should the Mario series get an echo fighter?

• Yes

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We will give Punch-Out an echo fighter. I’ll submit a stage:

Training Warehouse
B8544ED5-BB0A-4986-90CC-D43E5244925A.jpeg

On the left is a small boxing ring where you can jump on the edges like the boxing ring stage but you don’t go up as high. On the right is a sandbag punching bag that hangs from the ceiling which can damage people if punched but can be knocked off if hit and will act like a sandbag item. Eventually Doc Louis will show up to put a new one on. There is a breakable roof which you have to break in order to KO someone

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Glass Joe's Protective Headgear

Shields you from damage but not knockback, will be broken off at a certain point and give an extra 10% on top of the damage from the move that broke it. Adorned with a French flag to signify that it's Glass Joe's, but the flag will turn into a white flag when it falls off. When it falls off, an edible baguette also falls out.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Glass Joe’s Protective Headgear and NYC Training will be added.

Job #130: Submit A Punch-Out Assist Trophy
Submit an assist trophy from the Punch-Out series. Please submit the trophy and it’s function.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Bald Bull will be our assist trophy. Here are the Punch-Out mii costume options:
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Bald Bull
King Hippo
Glass Joe
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Von Kaiser
Alice and Ape 3
Training Hoodie
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Doc Louis
Mr. Sandman
Soda Popinski

Please vote for your top three or four most wanted. Your own submission can’t be in first.
My votes:
1. Training Hoodie
2. Von Kaiser
3. King Hippo
4. Soda Popinski

Job #132: Submit A Punch Out Echo Fighter
Submit an echo fighter from the Punch-Out series. Please submit the character and who they are an echo of.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't know if this is allowed, it's pushing it even by my standards, but I'll try anyway - plus I do have a backup submission if it isn't.

Mike Tyson (Little Mac)

Rendered as a 3-dimensional 8-bit sprite, Mike Tyson is the definitive most powerful character in the game, with even his weaker moves giving double digit damage. The problem? Well, his jumps are worse than even Steve's - and while he isn't pitifully slow his run pales compared to Mac. However, his aerial attacks aren't useless like Mac's - he just doesn't have much opportunity to use them. Four of his alts give him the tribal tattoos and beard real world Mike Tyson aqquired in the decades after the release of Punch-Out, but otherwise nothing Tyson-related that isn't in his version of Punch-Out is referenced. Not voiced either, as he is a sprite.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Training Hoodie
2. Glass Joe
3. Bald Bull
4. King Hippo

Mr. Sandman (Echo fighter of Little Mac)
1668636387605.jpeg

Slightly slower and more powerful moveset. Stronger jolt-haymaker horizontal distance, but smaller up-B distance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Training Hoodie
2. Glass Joe
3. Von Kaiser
4. King Hippo

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I don't know if this is allowed, it's pushing it even by my standards, but I'll try anyway - plus I do have a backup submission if it isn't.

Mike Tyson (Little Mac)

Rendered as a 3-dimensional 8-bit sprite, Mike Tyson is the definitive most powerful character in the game, with even his weaker moves giving double digit damage. The problem? Well, his jumps are worse than even Steve's - and while he isn't pitifully slow his run pales compared to Mac. However, his aerial attacks aren't useless like Mac's - he just doesn't have much opportunity to use them. Four of his alts give him the tribal tattoos and beard real world Mike Tyson aqquired in the decades after the release of Punch-Out, but otherwise nothing Tyson-related that isn't in his version of Punch-Out is referenced. Not voiced either, as he is a sprite.
I think it’s a fun idea but I don’t think he’d be eligible sorry

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the mii costume voting:
Bald Bull 3
King Hippo 7
Glass Joe 8
Von Kaiser 6
Alice and Ape 3 0
Training Hoodie 16
Doc Louis 0
Mr. Sandman 0
Soda Popinski 1

So Training Hoodie, Glass Joe, King Hippo, Von Kaiser and Bald Bull will be mii costumes.

Here’s echo fighter voting:

Job #133: Submit A Punch-Out Spirit
Submit a spirit from the Punch-Out series. It should follow this template but you can put more if you want to:
Character
[image]
Class
Stage
Song
Opponent(s)
Rules

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mad Clown
Punch-Out!! series
Ace

Stage: Omega Wondaria Remains
Song: Minor Circuit (Super Punch-Out!!)
Opponents: giant blue K. Rool (swap for King Hippo if he wins echo voting), Invisible Pietro x 2
Rules: Pietro is invincible and favours neutral B, K. Rool prefers grabs, stamina, beat K. Rool to win

Alice and Ape 3
Arm Wrestling
Advanced

Stage: Pokémon Stadium 1 (Hazards off)
Song: Title (Punch-Out Wii)
Opponents: Paula, giant metal DK
Rules: DK favours grabs, Paula is invincible, defeat DK to win

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
King Hippo will be the echo fighter and the spirits have been added. Now we will move onto Pac-Man content! Namco arcade games will be allowed but I think I'll limit it to ones from the 80s so things like Ridge Racer or SoulCalibur wont be eligible. You can submit up to four Pac-Man music tracks.

Here is the vote to determine if the series will get an echo fighter:
Should Pac-Man Get An Echo Fighter? - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

Job #134: Submit A Pac-Man Stage
Submit a stage originating from the Pac-Man stage. Please submit the stage and layout.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Resubbing this from Infinite
Mappy

This is a new Pac-Man series stage. It is semi-retro-styled in that all the textures are 2D images ripped from the game, but the background has a epilepsy-friendly, dimmed-to-prevent-distraction police lights blur with the light reflecting onto the sprites and fighters. The roof of the house is present, but unlike in the game it is only in the background and can't cover players or be walked inside.
View attachment 352557
The black squares are hard platforms, the green squares are trampolines, the yellow squares are soft platforms, and the red squares are item spawn points - why this is important we'll get back to later. Doors are absent as a mechanic, but permanently-opened doors appear in random locations in the background when the match starts. Mewkies don't appear, but Goro does, which we'll also get back to.

Trampolines can be jumped on - they begin green and shift colours like Pac-Man's Up B before breaking, they'll respawn a bit after breaking. If a trampoline breaks upon jumping on it, you will be instantly KO'd with a semi-unique animation of your character spinning (knocked back pose spins, then lying unconcious pose in its regular positioning, explode) and the Mappy death sound - if they're KO'd on their final stock or as a match-ender, the last few notes of the Mappy game over theme will play. Said sounds are only for the trampoline

Items will always spawn in the exact same locations simultaniously - excluding containers and item spawning moves, there will usually only be 7 items on screen at a time, no more, no less. Every "wave" of items also brings along Goro - every time you pick up or use a naturally spawned item there's a 1 in 7 chance Goro will appear and grant you a major stat boost. Every item wave is gauranteed to have one Goro, no more, no less.
View attachment 352560

If items are off or only items that spawn in small quantities are on, the treasures from Mappy spawn instead, with no functionality beyond the Goro hunt.

Multi-part items are disabled on this stage, and the Smash Ball does not apply to this stage's item rules
  1. Mischief
  2. Cleopactra
  3. Ms. Pac-Man (New Remix)
  4. Dig Dug Game Room

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Namco Museum
Remind me to add images later when I’m on my computer

This stage takes place on a simple Small Battlefield layout floating around an arcade. You’ll see all kinds of classic Namco games, but every so often the platform will float inside of a screen and transition into a new layout!
There are four possible layouts:

Pac-Man is represented by a recreation of Smash 4’s sorely missed Pac-Maze stage. Nothing to say here!

Mappy is represented by a smaller version of the house with fewer floors, but keeping the doors and trampolines. You can open doors using your attacks, and the microwave doors will fire projectiles when opened. Goro and the Mewkies are running around as background cameos.

Dig Dug is represented by a single Final Destination platform in the center of the dirt. Players can walk in any direction to dig through the dirt and make new places to stand on, and wherever tunnels have been dug is now empty space for launching. The center platform ensures there’s still a place to stand if everyone tunnels out the whole screen. Rocks appear and will fall if dug out underneath. Pookas and Fygars also roam around, capable of damaging fighters but also able to be defeated.

Pole Position takes place on a walkoff layout with the racetrack in the center and a sign on the left side that serves as a semi-solid platform. The cars will speed by on occasion, functioning just like F-Zero and Mario Kart racers tend to do. The racers are signified by the blimp flying past in the background with its “Prepare to Qualify” sound byte.

Tons of other arcade machines make background cameos, and gameplay of them is shown as the Arcade platform flies around. You can see things like Galaga, Tower of Druaga, Rally-X, Rolling Thunder, Rompers, Cutie Q, Toy Pop, Sky Kid, Dragon Spirit, and more!

I’ll add songs when I come back for pictures

FazDude

Smash Master

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We will give the Pac-Man series an echo. Here are the options for Pac-Man stage:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Mappy
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Namco Museum
FazDude FazDude Pac-Maze
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Block Town

So please vote for your top two most wanted in order. You can vote for your own.
My votes:
1. Mappy
2. Pac Maze

Job #135: Submit A Pac-Man Item
Submit an item from the Pac-Man series. Please submit the item and how it works.

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Namco Museum
  2. Pac-Maze
Pac-Man Item: Microwave Door

Assuming other 80s Namco titles fall under the Pac-Man banner, I feel this could be a good option (especially if the Mappy stage gets in). When a Microwave Door spawns, the door remains in place, being able to be used by any fighter. When a fighter walks through it, a microwave is sent out from the fighter's direction, carrying opponents away and leaving them completely helpless for a few seconds. This can be used for combos or even a means for certain death on certain stages. The door can be used indefinetly until it despawns, but there is a small cooldown between uses, the end of which is indicated by the door shutting.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the stage voting:
Mappy 10
Namco Museum 14
Pac-Maze 21
Block Town 0
So Pac-Maze will be added! Here’s the poll for the item:

Job #136: Submit A Pac-Man Assist Trophy
Submit an assist trophy from the Pac-Man series. Please submit the trophy and how it works.

FazDude

Smash Master
Pac-Man Assist: Toc-Man

The main antagonist of Pac-Man World, boasting his redesign from Re-Pac. When summoned, he stomps around the stage, firing rapid-fire energy shots at fighters and using his newfound jet wings to recover if need be. He can be KO'd - If he is, Orson can be seen fleeing Toc-Man as he explodes.

Top Bottom