• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Expand-A-Franchise, Currently Expanding… Nothing!

Should the Mario series get an echo fighter?

• Yes

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Super FX Chip
Hardware
Ace support - Slow Super Armour

Stage: FX Cruise
Song: Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Opponents: Fox, Morton, Yoshi, Mii Gunner (Doomguy)
Rules: Andross ATs spawn often, the battle will slow down.

Game Boy Advance Video
Hardware
Novice

Stage: Battlefield Mario Circuit U
Ally: Tiny green plumber Wario
Song: Split and Splat
Rules: Wario can't attack you, nor can you attack back. Watch for 4 minutes. A Nightmare AT will spawn at a random point

why yes, i did just submit a spirit you win by watching Shrek on a tiny screen during a car ride

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Here’s the poll for echo fighters:

Job #110: Submit A Nintendo Hardware Spirit
Submit a Nintendo hardware related spirit. This is the template it has to follow although you can add more if you want:
Character
[image]
Class
Stage
Song
Opponent(s)
Rules

My submissions:
Parakeet

Advanced
Stage: Pictochat
Song: WarioWare, Inc.
Opponent: Falco (green)
Rules: Ditto will appear from pokeballs

Nintendo Labo VR Kit

Ace
Stage: Battlefield
Song: WarioWare, Inc
Opponent: Mii Gunner (Virtual Boy Hat)
Rules: There is a fish eye lens filter over the screen
I'm pretty sure Labo VR already has a Spirit

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Animal Crossing - Population: Growing! theme (New Remix)
  2. Shampoodle
  3. Board Game
  4. Toy Day (New Remix)
Stage: Toy Day

At long last, a snow stage! The layout of this stage is extremely simple, it takes place outside a Villager's house with trees (represented in yellow) that, while not tangible, cover the foreground. A soft platform (represented in red) passes through the trees, and goes off-stage before returning.
7E3A7684-0E2E-4682-A7C0-B1186290846B.jpeg

A giant present box will fall from the sky right in the middle of a match (based on stock for stock battles and time for timed battles or stage morph) to unveil an item, causing all items and assists already present to disappear and the item shown to appear in every player's hands at once. Items like Stars and Hammers that'd make the game unplayable in mass are not included. In 1v1s Assist Trophies can appear, and with 3 players it can be Pokéball Pokémon! The timing of this hazard makes it, like Toy Day itself, a rare but predictable event worth being excited for. This event also makes the platform go in the opposite direction.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Stage: Town Museum (Credit to Werewolf Kirby)
The town museum is like a successor to Luigi's Mansion, although instead of a spooky cliff, it's positioned safely on a hill (Although it's super steep!) and the walls don't break. The rooms are a bit bigger than Luigi's though.The stage is set up in the same fashion, two floors with four rooms each, with a smaller area in the middle. Blathers stands in the middle, watching the fight. The top left is the fossil exhibit. Inside features a tall model of a T-Rex. It functions as a platform but can be broken apart. If it breaks, Blathers will hurry over and replace it with a new one. He may toss in another dinosaur, creating a different shaped platform. The top right is the bug exhibit. Most of the bugs appear harmlessly in the background, but the edge has a tree with a beehive. Every now and then, the bees will come out of the hive and fly around. They never leave the area near the hive, but they can do some damage if you get too close. The bottom left is the fish exhibit. Inside is a lower fish tank that houses a piranha. It's possible to fall in and get bitten by it if you aren't careful. If you hit the side of the tank hard enough, it'll break and water will spill everywhere, pushing anyone too close away. If it breaks, Blathers will hurry over frantically and toss in a new one that will refill itself, and the piranha will come back.The bottom right is the art exhibit. Inside is one of three statues that, like the dinosaur models, can be broken and replaced by Blathers. These include the "Valiant Statue" the "Robust Statue" and the "Motherly Statue." On top of the whole museum is a smaller observatory room where Celeste stands. This offers nothing to the fight and is only there to look nice. It doesn't even have a real ceiling, so you can easily smash people off the roof.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mortgage Paperwork

Throw it at a foe and they'll be forced into a 3-second "animation" of signing paperwork (basically just their crouch with a stack of paper next to them that becomes shorter and shorter as pencil sounds play). They're put into super armour and can act out of it... but should they act out of it before the animation ends (represented with a happy flower particle effect), they'll start the next stock with 50% damage.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
K.K. Slider

When he appears, all the sound effects are turned down and the music is turned up as he sings along. For background tracks that aren't songs like Environmental Noises or Electroplankton, he sings Totaka's Song. The camera zooms slightly, but unlike the Squid Sisters the blast zones are not effected.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Fortune Cookie will be added. Now let’s have yet another strawpoll to determine our assist trophy:

Job #114: Submit An Animal Crossing Echo Fighter
Submit an echo fighter from the animal crossing series. Please submit the echo, who they’re an echo of, and any differences

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pietro (Pac-Man)

Welcome to clown town! All of Pac-Man's ball attacks have this sheep squeeze into a tiny clown car. The fire hydrant is a water flower, modeled off of the clown flower as a visual gag - it's smaller but it's water is bigger and always active, going in a sprinkler like arch instead of shooting both ways at the same time. His side special goes further than Pac-Man's and is quicker to cancel - it has him collect clown-themed Loids in the car, with an explosion coming out that is bigger depending on how many Loids were collected. The trampoline remains intact, but is modeled instead of being taken from Mappy

His Bonus Fruit projectiles are (almost) all traps instead of projectiles and all of them can damage Pietro.
  1. Cream Pie - the only conventional projectile of the set
  2. Whoopee Cushion - place down like a landmine for an explosion
  3. Balloon - functions like the bumper, dealing almost no damage but sending far
  4. Seal - Place down and it'll bounce back any projectile thrown at it. Non-anthropomorphic
  5. Juggling Balls - spin in the air, deals a lot of damage but little knockback
  6. Clown Bowling Pin - trips over foes, and doesn't disappear (until after 3 trips) but rather slides away.
  7. Cotton Candy - heals if eaten
  8. Fire Ring - the biggest trap, but also has the smallest hitboxes as you can pass through the fire
All of them (sans the pie) will be pushed by the water flower and can damage Pietro himself - it can also make the cotton candy bigger and extinguish the fire ring to be used as regular if short soft platforms. The Smash attacks create Clown Loids and the grab is with a sleeve hankie.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Echo Fighter: Tom Nook (Isabelle)
Takes moves from Villager and Isabelle.
Up air and down air always use 3 turnips.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We have a tie so I’ll remove my vote. It was for KK Slider so Mr Resetti will be added. Now we’ll start voting for the echo fighter:

Job #115: Submit An Animal Crossing Mii Costume
Submit a mii costume from the Animal Crossing series. Please submit the costume and what mii type it’s for

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit:
1. Booker (Swordfighter)
2. Gyroid (Hat)
3. Daisy Mae (Hat)

All mii costumes will be added and Pietro will be our echo

Job #116: Submit An Animal Crossing Spirit
Make sure it follows this template you can add more if you want to:
Character
[image]
Class
Stage
Song
Opponent(s)
Rules

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ganon (Animal Crossing)
Novice

Song: Shop (OOT)
Stage: Omega Smashville
Opponent: Ganondorf (blue)
Rules: Foe is passive, but his moves are more powerful. Foe spawns with a Lip's Stick

Nosegay
Novice

Stage: Omega Toy Day
Song: Brewster's Roost
Opponent: Purple Yoshi
Rules: Foe favours neutral special, Beehives spawn often.

no prizes for guessing why i submitted this character.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The submitted spirits will be added. Now we’ll move onto Mega Man content! Content from all Mega Man sub series will be eligible

Here’s the poll for Mega Man echo fighter:

Job #117: Submit A Mega Man Stage
Submit a stage from the Mega Man stage. Please submit the stage and layout.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Snake Man's Stage

Most of the stage slithers, albeit in a more curved way than the blocky nature of the source material. There is a soft platform that slowly grows and shrinks while moving somewhat quickly. The snake will rarely (about 1 time per every 2 minutes) shoot a bomb out its mouth - this bomb can go in exactly 4 directions - up-left, left, down-left, and down - it's very powerful but also not easy to be hit by. You can camp on the little platform in the back, but be warned that it's a lot more of a cramped area than it seems due to the slithering. If you stand exactly on top of the mouth and eyes you'll get slight damage when it spits a bomb. The eye is not a bump, but rather covers up whoever's standing on it like Duck Hunt grass.

Black represents a slithering hard platform, yellow represents a non-slithering hard platform, red represents the soft platform at minimum length, translucent red represents the soft platform at maximum length, and blue represents the pattern of the platform.
C0E0F721-3D84-48F8-81A8-39A759BD6D26.jpeg

Music:
  1. Game Over - Mega Man 3
  2. Mode Select - Wily and Light's Rockboard
  3. Sports News
  4. Super Fighting Robot

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Stage: Central Highway
This Stage has Platforms with gaps. After a certain amount of time, fall-through platforms appear over the middle and right main platforms and the left main platform shakes and then falls down slowly. After some more time, the right main platform will shake and then fall down slowly. After even more time passes, the right fall-through platform will fall down slowly without shaking first, leaving the middle main platform and the middle fall-through platform on the stage.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Music:
  1. Kaze yo Tsutaete
  2. Where the Wind Blows
  3. Abandoned Memory
  4. Clown Man Stage
Light Labs
1666567515941.png

A counterpart to Wily Castle! The stage is a walkoff, allowing you to stand on the ground, the roof of the lab, or on a floating platform near the tree. Dr. Light, Roll, Auto, Eddie, Beat, and Tango can appear as cameos! But they aren’t the only ones…
With hazards on, any of the six Robot Masters from Mega Man 1 plus the two extra ones from Powered Up can appear to attack! Time Man and Oil Man will have designs that match their Archie comics appearances, including Oil Man’s scarf covering his mouth.
  • Cut Man stands in the center of the screen and fires Rolling Cutter in a direction, depending on which side of the screen has more players on it.
  • Guts Man slowly walks back and forth. Occasionally, if someone is close enough, he’ll grab them with Super Arm and throw them towards another player as a projectile.
  • Ice Man stands on the left of the screen and shoots Ice Slashers that can freeze players.
  • Bomb Man stands on the left side of the screen and throws Hyper Bombs that bounce along the ground before exploding.
  • Fire Man stands on the right side of the screen and shoots Fire Storms that travel forward.
  • Elec Man is the rarest, and he functions near identically to his assist trophy from Smash 4. If Elec Man becomes an assist trophy again from a later job here, he will not be able to be summoned on this stage.
  • Time Man is the second rarest. He uses Time Slow to put a timer effect on all players.
  • Oil Man uses Oil Slider to dash back and forwards, damaging anyone in his path.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Energy Mine Ruins

All fighters start placed upon a red minecart that is considerably larger than the one in the original stage. It will then start to roll slowly, but gains speed at the first incline, and after that the stage turns into all of the fighters duking it out on top of the minecart while it goes through the entire mine. Falling on the ground behind the minecart results in a basically instant KO unless you're Sonic or someone comparable, and falling on the ground in front of it runs you into the spike (which does not insta KO unlike most Mega Man spikes, but hits you upwards). Rocky ramps are placed where the minecart originally could not scale certain parts of the level. When the minecart reaches the boss door at the very end, it will bust through, and then the level will loop instead of going to Armored Armadillo's fight.

Cameos include all enemies from the original stage, except for the Classic series bats and the mini-boss. though if hazards are on, enemies will come into the foreground to attack (though you're moving so fast that only the Flammingles are much of an issue, towards the end).

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Right, great submissions everyone! Here’s voting for the Mega Man stage:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Snake Man Stage
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Central Highway
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Light Labs
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Energy Mine Ruins

So please vote for your top two most wanted or top most wanted stage. You can self-vote.
My votes:
1. Mine Ruins
2. Snake Man Stage

We will give the Mega Man series an echo.

Job #118: Submit A Mega Man Item
Submit an item from the Mega Man series. Please submit the item and how it works.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Mine Ruins
Snake Man Stage

Item:
Yashichi
1666714546932.gif

This symbol appears in plenty of Capcom games with a variety of roles, but in the Mega Man series, it’s a special item that either grants Mega Man a bunch of bonus points or restores all of his energy. Here in Smash, it’ll do the latter.

This item only appears in a match whenever a character is compatible with it. What it does is automatically fill up a character’s charge, if they have one. For example, this could simply automatically max charge DK’s Giant Punch or Samus’s Charge Shot. It could fill Game & Watch’s Bucket. It could automatically give Arsene to Joker. It could put Kazuya in Rage Mode. It could max out Steve’s materials. and all you have to do is just be the first to pick it up.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Mine
  2. Snek

Copy Weapon

An extremely small projectile that is hard to hit with but also easy to stealthily throw due to its size. When it hits a foe, you gain access to one of their specials, replacing the taunt input - the first time whichever button on the D-pad you press is the same input (press up for up special for example), and after that you have a meter of 3 uses (including the one that decided the move) that has to be the same move. If you hit the same foe again you'll still be fixed into that move, but a different foe (even if they're playing the same character) will give you the chance to choose a different move. The attacks are done through holograms and not transformation/unique animations.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Mines
2. Light Labs

Item: Magnet Beam

If the item is picked up (which takes the appearance seen in this Wikia article, but the image address does not work on SB), the fighter gains a replica Mega Buster. Rather than shooting lemons, though, the opponent can use Jab, Forward Tilt, or Neutral Air, and hold it for a certain amount of time to make a blue soft platform that is adjustable in length depending on how long the button is held. The item's charge will run out eventually, you have a max of 20 seconds or two Battlefield softplats. Any platform you make sticks around for around 30 seconds.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Mine
2. Light Labs

Beat must be picked up, then thrown. Beat flies for a very small distance intangibly in a set trajectory, then begins to home in on one enemy. Beat decides who to target when thrown (likely proximity based as well as accounting for direction thrown), cannot harm anyone except its target, and will not change targets. Beat is extremely persistent with low-to-decent knockback. After one hit on the targeted enemy, the targeted enemy dies for another reason, or enough time successfully evaded. Beat will attempt to fly back to the player that originally threw it. Like the Boomerang, the player will automatically catch Beat unless their hands are full, in which case Beat lands near their feet. If Beat is caught, he can be thrown again, and Beat will decide on a target independently of the first attack. Beat can only be thrown 3 times, no matter if it is the same player or different players throwing it. After the third throw is resolved, instead of flying back to the thrower, Beat harmlessly flies off the top of the screen.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the stage voting:
Snake Man Stage 4
Central Highway 0
Light Labs 4
Energy Mine Ruins 15

So Energy Mine Ruins will be our stage. Here are the options for items:
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Yashichi
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Copy Weapon
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Magnet Beam
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Beat
cashregister9 cashregister9 Battle Chips

So please vote for your top three or two most wanted in order. Your own submission can’t be in first.
My votes:
1. Magnet Beam
2. Battle Chips
3. Yashichi

Job #119: Submit A Mega Man Assist Trophy
Submit a trophy originating from the Mega Man series. Please submit the trophy and it’s function.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit Bospider as an assist trophy

A bunch of webs appear on top of the screen coming down. Bospider will go down on one of them and occasionally switch webs like he does in his Mega Man X boss fight. Deals damage if he hits you.

And I’ll submit two music tracks too:
1. Chill Penguin Stage (Mega Man X)
2. Armored Armadillo Stage (Mega Man X)

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Magnet Beam
Yashichi
Copy Weapon

Assist:
Weapons Archive
1666889436382.png

The Weapons Archive opens up and produces a screen displaying an 8–bit sprite of a random fighter. Then, it moves around the stage using copies of that character’s special moves. It can be KO’d.

The sprites used are always official ones from an actual 8-bit game if possible, otherwise they’ll be custom ones designed for this game. And they’ll actually be 8-bit too, not the Mario Maker Myster Mushroom kinda “8-bit.”

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Yashichi
2. Copy
3. Magnet Beam

Assist Trophy: Proto Man
Rushes across a selected portion of the stage, where there are opponents near; he will then ram into them using his Proto Shield and firing with his arm cannon.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the item voting:
Yashichi 12
Copy Weapon 6
Magnet Beam 7
Beat 3
Battle Chips 2

So Yashichi will be our item.

Here are the options for assist trophies:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Elec Man
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Bospider
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Weapons Archive
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Proto Man

Please vote for your top two most wanted of the assist trophies. You can self vote.
My votes:
1. Elec Man
2. Bospider

Job #120: Submit A Mega Man Mii Costume
Submit up to three mii costumes from the Mega Man series. Please submit the costume and which mii it’s for

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Bospider
2. Elec Man

Mii Cosumes:
1. Met (Hat)
2. Heat Man (Brawler)
3. Mega Man Zero (Swordfighter/Gunner) based on the MMZ games' incarnation, not the one from MMX

Last edited:
Top Bottom