• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Expand-A-Franchise, Currently Expanding… Nothing!

Should the Mario series get an echo fighter?

• Yes

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Stage: Stove Canyon from Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 for another stage representing Wario Land

Echo: King D-Mind for Dedede's Echo (differences would be wielding the axe and dark powers)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for extra content:
Stage
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Delfino's Secret
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 Stove Canyon
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Excitebike Arena
@Darkonedagger Rainbow Road

Echo
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario The Amazon
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 King D-Mind
@Darkonedagger Funky Kong

So please vote for your top two stages and echoes. Your own submission can't be in first.
My votes:
1. Excitebike arena
2. Rainbow road

1. D-Mind
2. Amazon

Kamek will be added by default and Pikmin item submissions will continue a little longer. I have a submission for Pikmin items:
Battery
See the source image

Just pretend the Duracell license is stripped. Or not, up to you. Anyways the battery is just bigger than a human and can be thrown like a barrel. If damaged it will do an electricity explosion which stays in the same spot for a few seconds.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Battery will be the item. Here are the results of the stage and echo voting:
Delfino's Secret 2
Stove Canyon 0
Excitebike Arena 8
Rainbow Road 10

Amazon 9
King D-Mind 3
Funky Kong 8

So Excitebike Arena and Amazon will be added.

Job #101: Submit A Pikmin Assist Trophy
Submit an assist trophy from the Pikmin series. Please submit the assist trophy and the function.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Battery will be the item. Here are the results of the stage and echo voting:
Delfino's Secret 2
Stove Canyon 0
Excitebike Arena 8
Rainbow Road 10

Amazon 9
King D-Mind 3
Funky Kong 8

So Excitebike Arena and Amazon will be added.

Job #101: Submit A Pikmin Assist Trophy
Submit an assist trophy from the Pikmin series. Please submit the assist trophy and the function.
Rainbow Road should win because of more votes.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Assist trophy: Swooping Snitchbug
This guy will go around the stage calmly, but if he sees one of your opponents, he will swoop down and grab them. If your opponent can't shake out in time, the Swooping Snitchbug will spike your opponent down with a throw, whether that be down onto the stage or down and out of the arena.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Swooping Snitchbug will be added.

Job #102: Submit A Pikmin Mii Costume
Submit a mii costume from the Pikmin series. Please submit the costume and what mii it’s for. You can submit up to three

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit:
1. Fiery Blowhog (Gunner)
2. Peckish Aristocrab (Hat)

So I’ll just add all the mii costumes and Pikmin will get 3.

Job #103: Submit A Pikmin Echo Fighter
Submit an echo fighter from the Pikmin series. Please submit the echo and any differences.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pikmin (Luigi + Ice Climbers)

Pikmin are smaller than Pichu (but still sized up), have an Ice Climbers gimmick. and are clones of Luigi. After Min Min, we may as well just give up on making characters that are fun to play against competitively

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
For echo fighters I’ll submit Louie as an echo of Dr. Mario

• His neutral special has him throw Pikmin instead of pills but is functionally the same
  • His side special has him throw pikpik carrots as a projectile
  • His final smash has a Titan Dweevil appear and walk across the screen, dealing damage if it steps on anyone

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pellet
Novice

Stage: Distant Planet
Song: Forest of Hope
Opponent: Invisible Olimar x 14, tiny red Kirby, red Kirby, giant Kirby.
Rules: The Pikmin are not invisible, foe favours grabs. First fight tiny Kirby, then 2 Olimars, followed by regular Kirby, then 5 Olimars, then giant Kirby, then 7 Olimars.

Pikmin Sprouts
Novice

Summon with 10 Pellet spirits

Enhances to Army of 100 Pikmin
Legend

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Louie will be added. I'll submit a spirit and I think with that we are done with Pikmin content!
Hocotate President
See the source image

Class: Ace
Stage: Distant Planet
Song: Environmental Noises
Opponent: Louie, Olimar
Rules: The enemy starts the battle with a hocotate bomb

So now we'll move onto R.O.B./Nintendo hardware content! To be clear about what is allowed, Nintendo hardware or games directly related or using them such as Nintendo Labo is fine just not lightgun games as that's saved for Duck Hunt and Wii-series games because that's saved for Wii Fit If you have any questions please ask.

Should R.O.B./Nintendo Hardware get an echo? - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

Job #105: Submit A Nintendo Hardware Stage
Submit a Nintendo hardware related stage. Please submit the stage and how it works (layout, hazards, etc.)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'll submit a hardware stage, I did have a Wii Play stage idea but that'll need to be saved for Wii Fit.

Miiverse 2

This is a Battlefield clone like the original Miiverse at first glance, however it takes place in a TV monitor with extremely close blast zones - a gamepad that contains two vertically-stacked soft platforms circles around the TV, and doesn't apply to the blast zones, making it great for hiding or a helpful hand should you be knocked back into it. Posts return, for better or worse.

BTW, is it OK if I remove Wii Menu Ambience and Slideshow (Fun) to save them for Wii Fit, with Credits (Super Game Boy) and Dancing Miyamoto (Game Boy Camera) in their place?

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Strawpoll has been closed apparently - however, I can luckily remember the votes for the current poll - 3 for yes, 1 for no,
Oh weird it doesn't seem to be closed for me. But yeah you're right about the votes so we'll give it an echo fighter

Anyways I'll submit Game Boy Camera
See the source image

Similar to Dreamland GB you play on a Gameboy but unlike it it circles through 7 famous landmarks in the grainy Game Boy footage and those act as platforms. The landmarks are the Eiffel Tower, Sphinx, Taj Mahal, Sydney Opera House, Empire State Building, Mt. Fuji and Big Ben. All landmarks are based on how they looked in 1998.

Here are the options for stages. Please vote for your top two or three most wanted in order, your own submission can't be in first.
@Darkonedagger Gyromite
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Miverse 2
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Game Boy Camera

My votes:
1. Gyromite
2. GB Camera

Job #106: Submit A Nintendo hardware Item
Submit a Nintendo hardware related item. Please submit the item and how it works.

I will submit Power Glove

This item only appears when everyone in a match is using Joycons. When picked up your character is stronger immune to knock back for 15 seconds but you can only control them with the pointer feature on the Joycon by pointing it on the screen and controlling where the character goes. For this time the R button is normal and ZR is special attack.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Ring-Con

When holding this item your running speed increases and you can shoot a gust of powerful wind from the ring-con.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Oh weird it doesn't seem to be closed for me. But yeah you're right about the votes so we'll give it an echo fighter

Anyways I'll submit Game Boy Camera
See the source image

Similar to Dreamland GB you play on a Gameboy but unlike it it circles through 7 famous landmarks in the grainy Game Boy footage and those act as platforms. The landmarks are the Eiffel Tower, Sphinx, Taj Mahal, Sydney Opera House, Empire State Building, Mt. Fuji and Big Ben. All landmarks are based on how they looked in 1998.

Here are the options for stages. Please vote for your top two or three most wanted in order, your own submission can't be in first.
@Darkonedagger Gyromite
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Miverse 2
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Game Boy Camera

My votes:
1. Gyromite
2. GB Camera

Job #106: Submit A Nintendo hardware Item
Submit a Nintendo hardware related item. Please submit the item and how it works.

I will submit Power Glove

This item only appears when everyone in a match is using Joycons. When picked up your character is stronger immune to knock back for 15 seconds but you can only control them with the pointer feature on the Joycon by pointing it on the screen and controlling where the character goes. For this time the R button is normal and ZR is special attack.
Turns out it was a cookies problem on my end. Also the Power Glove wasn't made by Nintendo
  1. Camera
  2. Miiverse 2

amiibo

A summoning item that functions like Ditto - you can tell what character will be spawned from the item, it is never a fighter who is in the current match, from the item itself, and the spawned fighter has flatter textures as to appear plastic. Their CPU level from 1 to 9 is random, and will appear above them when spawned.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Amiibo will be the item and Virtual Boy will be the assist trophy

Job #108: Submit A Nintendo Hardware Mii Costume
Submit a nintendo hardware related mii costume. Please submit the costume and which class it’s for

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit:
1. AR Games Box
2. Face Raider
Both are hats

So all mii costumes will be used.

Job #109: Submit A Nintendo Hardware Echo Fighter
Submit an echo fighter related to nintendo hardware. Please submit the character, who they’re an echo of, and any differences

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Game Boy Game Pak Clear Plastic Protective Case (Piranha Plant)

This thing is pretty snappy! It's a lot faster and lighter than Plant - its down special teleports it instead of sending it back, his side special has it shoo away the dust that's trying to harm its precious cartridge, its up special's hitbox is on the case itself as it spins up like Wario, and any leaf or pot attacks are replaced with more bites. The spike ball has it send out the cartridge.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here’s the poll for echo fighters:

Job #110: Submit A Nintendo Hardware Spirit
Submit a Nintendo hardware related spirit. This is the template it has to follow although you can add more if you want:
Character
[image]
Class
Stage
Song
Opponent(s)
Rules

My submissions:
Parakeet

Advanced
Stage: Pictochat
Song: WarioWare, Inc.