• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Expand-A-Franchise, Currently Expanding… Nothing!

Should the Mario series get an echo fighter?

• Yes

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Still got a tie in the poll so I’ll remove my vote so Syrup’s Lamp will be added.

For assist trophies I’ll submit Dangerous Duck. He walks around and simply throws a boomerang forward which then goes back to him.

If there aren’t any other at submissions for a couple hours I’ll add my submission

Job #84: Submit A Wario Mii Costume
Submit a costume from Wario. Please submit the costume and which MII it’s for. You can submit up to three.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
1. Skiier Jimmy T (Swordfighter)
2. Black Jewel (Hat)

All mii costumes will be added.

Job #84: Submit A Wario Echo Fighter
Submit an echo from the Wario series. Please submit the character, who they’re echoing, and any differences.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
I dunno... it may just be my memories of the Newcomer Support thread, but I feel like Medusa could still be used as a fighter. Also, Medusa as a lil' bunny rabbit? :drwtf: Where did that idea come from?
There's a line in Uprising said by Hades that mentioned Medusa looking like a bunny.

FazDude

Smash Master
Wario Echo: Vampire Wario

I dunno, I just think it's a fun concept.

Changes:
  • Generally speaking, Vampire Wario is quicker and stronger than Wario, but is also considerably lighter.
  • Vampire Wario has two midair jumps.
  • When using Chomp, Vampire Wario can only bite once. However, said bite gives the opponent a poison effect.
  • Wario Bike is entirely replaced by Bat Rush, where Vampire Wario turns into a bat and zooms forwards.
  • Vampire Wario's Corkscrew carries him higher, but can only hit once.
  • Wario Waft deals poison damage.
  • Vampire Wario's Final Smash is identical to Wario-Man Rush, but Vampire Wario doesn't actually transform to use it.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for echo fighters:
FazDude FazDude Vampire Wario
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Tiny Wario
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Zombie Wario

So vote for your most wanted or top two most wanted echoes. You can vote for your own.

I’ll just vote for Vampire Wario.

Job #85: Submit A Wario Spirit
Submit a spirit from the Wario series. Has to follow this template but you can add more if you want to.
Character
[image]
Class
Stage
Song
Opponent(s)
Rules

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hen
Advanced

Stage: Omega Yoshi's Story
Allies: Tiny default Falco
Opponents: None
Song: Charge (Wii Play)
Rules: Stamina, team attack is on, hostile Thwomp ATs will spawn, protect Falco

Wario's Nose
Legend

Song: WarioWare Inc. Medley
Stage: Brinstar
Opponents: invisible green Inkling x Infinite
Rules: hostile Arcade Bunny ATs will spawn often. Survive 2 minutes. Foes favour down B, foes are invincible

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I have two submissions:
Black Jewel

Advanced
Stage: Final Destination
Song: Greenhorn Forest
Opponent: Kirby (black)
Rules: Enemy is giant, enemy likes to use down B

Rudy the Clown

Legend
Stage: Wondaria Remains
Song: Hall of Hieroglyphs
Opponent: Kirby (giant, red), Kirby (giant, yellow x2)
Rules: The yellow Kirby’s tend to use down B, red Kirby is hard to KO

With that we’re done with Wario content and onto Metal Gear! You can submit up to four Metal Gear songs.

Job #86: Submit A Metal Gear Stage
Submit a stage from Metal Gear. Please submit a location and layout and anything else.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'll submit Big Shell
See the source image

Ignore the fact that this is from a GTA mod, couldn't find a better image lol. Anyways it's a small stage that starts you off in the beginning area of the big shell from Metal Gear Solid 2. The boxes on each side act as platforms and are breakable. There are also two elevators on either side of the big platform you can stand on. Also because why not, occasionally birds will poop on the stage which stays there for a few seconds and can trip opponents Brawl style.

Also for music:
1. Red Alert (Metal Gear)
2. Snake Eater (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)
3. Rules of Nature (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)
4. It Has to Be This Way (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)

D

Deleted member

MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2014-Screen-4.jpg

Mother Base
The central location from MGS 5. Players fight in the middle as the stage raised from the sea. There are some boxes that can be used to get uo to a higher level. Soilders stand in the back and cheer on. Helicopters fly past, carrying characters from MGS5 like Kaz and DD (No Quiet though. Good boys and girls.),

Last edited by a moderator:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Item: M9 Tranquilizer Pistol - Similar in function to the Ray Gun. Only has three shots before being discarded. The shots are about as noticeable as Sheik’s needles and will induce sleep in the enemy about five seconds after impact. If they get shot in their upper area (read: head), it’ll be instantaneous sleep.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Music:
1. Love Deterrence - Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker
2. Heavens Divide - Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker
3. A Phantom Pain - MGSV: The Phantom Pain
4. Sins of the Father - MGSV: The Phantom Pain
- On a side note, it was absolutely stupid that this song wasn't in Ultimate

Other songs I hope people will nominate: The Only Thing I Know for Real (MGR), V Has Come To (MGSV), Old Snake (MGS4), Zanzibar Breeze (MG2), Zanzibar Breeze 20th Anniversary Remix (MG2), Love Deterrence Unused/Demo ver. (Peacewalker), Father & Son (MGS2), Beyond Big Boss (MG)
On a side note, these two songs were planned to be included in Brawl but were cut because of a plagiarism strike placed on them; I have no idea if they'd qualify under this regard so I opted not to include them in my list, but I'll put them out there, and if they end up being allowed, I'd hope they get nominated: Metal Gear Solid Main Theme (MGS), Metal Gear Solid Main Theme Remix (Beatmania)
There is also the MGS2 and MGS3 renditions of the Main Theme, both of which are affected by the plagiarism accusation.

Unfortunate that I came too late for the stage submission; I would have nominated Outer Heaven from the original Metal Gear.

Job 87: Metal Gear Item
The Fulton Surface-to-Air Recovery System (shortened to Fulton)
A gameplay element originating from MGS: Peacewalker and V, and a core gameplay mechanic; It's used to capture enemy soldiers or refugees and send them to the player's motherbase from anywhere on the battlefield; In the games, it's a harnessed placed on the soldiers by Big Boss that then balloons them upwards off-screen, in which they are then extracted by helicopter.

In Smash, this would function similar to the Galaga, but require manual use: The player would pick up the item, and them have to place it on the opponent by either grabbing, attacking or throwing it; This would then attached the harness to the opponent and the balloon would inflate, lifting them up to the top blast zone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Psycho Mantis
When summoned, Mantis will float into the air and laugh as gas pours into the stage, andwill preform one of a few actions:
  • He will turn the stage upside down or backwards
  • He will briefly invert the controls.He will cause characters to briefly switch places
  • He will create a static effect, making it hard to see
  • He will read the players system, and a large textbox will appear saying things like "So I see you like Mario Kart." "I see you like Pokémon."

Last edited by a moderator:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Have a tie in the item poll. I'll remove my own vote. It was for the Fulton recovery so M9 Tranquilizer Pistol will be our item.

Here is the assist trophy poll:
Which Assist Trophy Should We Use? - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

Job #89: Submit A Metal Gear Echo Fighter
Submit an echo fighter from the Metal Gear series. Please submit the echo fighter, who they are, and any changes they would have.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Psycho Mantis will be our assist trophy.

For echo fighters I'll submit Liquid Snake
See the source image

Two changes to his moveset:
  • His jab is a two-hit punch based on his MGS1 fight
  • His final smash has him go into a Metal Gear Rex and can launch missiles and walk for a short time

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here's a poll for the echo fighter:
Which Echo Fighter Should Be Added? - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

Job #90: Submit A Metal Gear Mii Costume
Submit a mii costume from the Metal Gear series. Please submit a costume and which class it's for. You can submit up to three.

I'll submit some mii costumes:
1. The Pain (Gunner, yes this completely surrounds the mii with bees)
2. Revolver Ocelot (Gunner, uses MGS1 design)
3. Gray Fox (Swordfighter)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are all of the options for Metal Gear mii costumes:
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
The Pain
Revolver Ocelot
Gray Fox
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Exclamation Mark
@Darkonedagger
Raiden
Meryl Silverburgh
Solidus
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
Liquid Snake
Monsoon
Genome Soldier

So please vote for your top four or five most wanted characters. You can’t put your own in first place
My votes:
1. Raiden
2. Monsoon
3. Pain
4. Ocelot
5. Gray Fox

Our echo fighter will be Liquid.

Job #91: Submit A Metal Gear Solid Spirit
Submit a spirit from the Metal Gear spirit. This is the template it has to follow and you can put more if you want to.
Character
[image]
Class
Stage
Song
Opponent(s)
Rules

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
1. Raiden
2. Meryl
3. The Pain
4. Genome Soldier
5. Liquid

Can Spirits use DLC fighters as the oponnent?

Last edited:
Top Bottom