• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Expand-A-Franchise, Currently Expanding… Nothing!

Should the Mario series get an echo fighter?

• Yes

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for mii costumes. Please vote for your top four or five most wanted in order. You can’t vote for your own in first place.
BlustersBest BlustersBest
Flagman
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Oiram Repus
Game & Watch Hat
Octopus
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Game & Watch Link
Octopus Diver
Mario the Juggler

My votes:
1. Oiram
2. Diver
3. Juggler
4. Octopus
5. Link

Job #74: Submit A Game & Watch Spirit
Submit a spirit from the Game & Watch series. This is the template it has to follow but it can have more if you want:
Character
[image]
Class
Stage
Song
Opponent(s)
Rules

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #73 voting:
Flagman 6
Oiram Repus 20
Game & Watch Hat 0
Octopus 5
Game & Watch Link 4
Octopus Diver 12
Juggler Mario 13

So Oiram Repus, Diver, Juggler Mario, Flagman and Octopus will be chosen. I’ll leave spirit submissions open a bit longer.

I will submit two spirit
Ziggy
F90DE39C-3E00-43C6-BB70-74FCC4AF80CE.jpeg

Class: Novice
Stage: Flat Zone X (Final Destination)
Song: Flat Zone 2
Opponent: Blue Kirby
Rules: Devil assist trophy will appear

Lifeboat

Class: Advanced
Stage: Wuhu Island (boat section)
Song: Flat Zone
Opponent: Mr Game and Watch x3
Rules: Enemies breathe fire, you can’t swim

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
890AB54F-01D1-472F-B19B-653FD1495040.jpeg
Mario's Cement Factory
Game & Watch series
Ace class primary - jump down, 3 slots, attack

Stage: Kongo Jungle 64
Song: Octopus
Opponent: black overalls Mario
Rules: No-frills battle

Egg (Game & Watch)
Game & Watch series
Novice class support - Beastball equipped

Stage: Omega Flat Zone 2
Song: Floral Fury
Opponents: Mii Gunner (Cuphead outfit, no hat), Wolf
Rules: Defeat one to progress to the next, empty egg items spawn

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The submitted spirits will be added. With that we’re done with Game & Watch content and now onto Kid Icarus. Music submissions will open up for it too

Job #75: Submit A Kid Icarus Stage
Submit a stage from Kid Icarus. Please submit a location, layout, and anything else that may apply

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Stage Submission
Reaper Fortress
(From Kid Icarus: Uprising)

The Reaper Fortress is the main location from Chapter 4 of Kid Icarus: Uprising, in which Pit is tasked with flying through a treacherous canyon in in order to find the home of the Reapers, all the while fighting off the hordes of Medusa.

This is meant to be a traveling stage, with this ravine serving as the starting locale. Fighters will brawl between two rock faces; there is a large solid ground that makes up the primary platform and the two pass-through cliffs as well. These boundaries can be found in the spoiler below.

Spoiler: Ravine Boundaries

After some time passes, a Reaper will land on one of the cliff and fire an eye-beam at a random player before quickly taking off again. The eye-beam is very fast and deals ~15% damage.

Alright, so the next area requires a little bit of imagination on your part. Ready? Immediately after the Reaper disappears, the above platform formation will ascend from the bottom of the ravine section, carrying the fighters upwards. The floating platform will speed through the rest of the canyon at ludicrous speed as rock formations zip by. Similar to Lylat Cruise, a full-scale battle is taking place between Palutena's army and a bunch of Reapers (which makes for a cool background set-piece).

Next, the platform will pull out of the ravine and make it's way to The Reaper Fortress itself (as pictured above). It will fly through an entrance, spin through some corridors and eventually drop players into the final area.

This final area is home to the Great Reaper, who will battle Pit in the background as the fighters continue to duke it out in the foreground. The platform layout is fairly straightforward, with two slanted rock pieces forming solid ground, with the two floating rocks being pass-through platforms. The two small grey stair sections are pass-through as well, but they also crumble away if a player stands on them for too long. If confused, see the below spoiler.

Spoiler: Cave Boundaries

The cycle will repeat a la Castle Siege, with the floating marble platforms returning to pick up the fighters and deposit them back into the canyon yet again. Depending on how long the battle is, fighters can make their way through the entire cycle multiple times in one battle.

Last edited:
Viridi Claws (Resubmitting this from Infinite thread)
1661791416282.png
Those are claws from Kid Icarus: Uprising and they can be equipped by Fighters.
They would work similarly to sword-type items, but those are claws instead and you can scratch an enemy like a cat or Wolverine from Marvel comics.
Those claws are rapid-damage type weapon and they're semi-spammable, which they have 4.5 second cooldown (I try to balance the Item, so I won't be OP).
Using neutral A button attack would activate the claws to fight.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Underworld and Viridi Claws will be chosen. Got a tie for the echoes so I’ll just remove my vote so we will give it an echo fighter.

I’ll submit two music tracks:
1. That First Town (Kid Icarus Uprising)
2. Lunar Sanctum (Kid Icarus Uprising)

Job #77: Submit A Kid Icarus Assist Trophy
Submit a Kid Icarus assist trophy. Please submit the character and function.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Assist Trophy: Medusa
Summons various underworld monsters to attack your opponents, has a decent chance of getting replaced with Hades, who will say "Sorry to keep you waiting," and summon stronger underworld monsters. Also has a very small chance of summoning Medusa as a cuddly little bunny, who will put all enemies to sleep for a few seconds (like Peach's FS, just weaker).

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Assist Trophy: Medusa
Summons various underworld monsters to attack your opponents, has a decent chance of getting replaced with Hades, who will say "Sorry to keep you waiting," and summon stronger underworld monsters. Also has a very small chance of summoning Medusa as a cuddly little bunny, who will put all enemies to sleep for a few seconds (like Peach's FS, just weaker).
I dunno... it may just be my memories of the Newcomer Support thread, but I feel like Medusa could still be used as a fighter. Also, Medusa as a lil' bunny rabbit? :drwtf: Where did that idea come from?

But anyways, I do have a suggestion for an Assist Trophy...
Amazon Pandora

Basically, she could probably function similarly to other fighter-like A.T.s like Saki Amamiya, fellow Kid Icarus characters Phosphora and Magnus, and Smash 4!Dark Samus, roaming and teleporting across the stage and using a mix of swordplay and energy attacks against any unlucky saps in her way. She can still be K.O.'d, though.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for assist trophies:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Reaper
@Darkonedagger Magnus
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Medusa
S Sunny-Zee Amazon Pandora

So please vote for your top two or one most wanted in order. You can put your own submission in first place for this one.
My votes:
1. Reaper
2. Magnus

Job #78: Submit A Kid Icarus Mii Costume
Submit a mii costume from Kid Icarus. Please submit the costume and what class it’s for. You can submit up to three.

My submissions:
1. Dark Fighter (Swordfighter)
2. Light Fighter (Swordfighter)
3. Three Sacred Treasures (Gunner)

Last edited:

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Here are the options for assist trophies:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Reaper
@Darkonedagger Magnus
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Medusa
S Sunny-Zee Amazon Pandora

So please vote for your top two or one most wanted in order. You can put your own submission in first place for this one.
In that case...
1. Amazon Pandora
2. Magnus
Job #78: Submit A Kid Icarus Mii Costume
Submit a mii costume from Kid Icarus. Please submit the costume and what class it’s for. You can submit up to three.
Phosphora (:ultbrawler:)
Centurion (:ultgunner:)
Amazon Pandora (:ultswordfighter:)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sorry for the wait, here are the results of the assist voting:
Reaper 6
Magnus 8
Medusa 0
Amazon Pandora 6

So Magnus will be our assist trophy. Here’s voting for mii costumes, vote for your top three or four this time, you can’t put your own submission in first place.
Dark Fighter
Light Fighter
Three Sacred Treasures
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Magnus
Amazon Pandora
Hades
S Sunny-Zee
Phosphora
Centurion

If Amazon Pandora gets in we’ll have a poll to decide if she’ll be a brawler or swordfighter.
My votes:
1. Amazon Pandora
2. Three Sacred Treasures
3. Magnus
4. Light Fighter

Job #79: Submit A Kid Icarus Echo Fighter
Submit an echo fighter from Kid Icarus. Please submit the echo and any differences they would have.

1. Three sacred treasures
2. Amazon Pandora
3. Magnus
4. Hades

Medusa
1662283760237.png
Medusa is an antagonist of Kid Icarus game series and she is Palutena's sister (I guess?) and he rules the underworld alongside Hades.

She would be Palutena's clone and she would be stronger, but slower than Palutena. Some of her attacks would be different than Palutena's such as dark mines as her side B.

D

Deleted member

1. Three Sacred Treasures
  2. Light Fighter
  3. Dark Fighter
  4. Amazon Pandora

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Here’s voting for mii costumes, vote for your top three or four this time, you can’t put your own submission in first place.
Dark Fighter
Light Fighter
Three Sacred Treasures
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Magnus
Amazon Pandora
Hades
S Sunny-Zee
Phosphora
Centurion

If Amazon Pandora gets in we’ll have a poll to decide if she’ll be a brawler or swordfighter.
My votes (with the rules in mind):
1. Three Sacred Treasures
2. Light/Dark Fighter (As far as I can tell, they are interchangeable)
3. Centurion
4. Amazon Pandora

And as for the choice of Echo Fighter, I second the Medusa nomination.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
On second thought, I am going to change it so that light fighter and dark fighter are both categorized as the same costume with different colours, if anyone wants to change their votes to accommodate this I’ll let you.

Here is the poll for echo fighters and since Amazon Pandora is probably going to get in at this point we’ll do the vote for her too:

Job #80: Submit A Kid Icarus Spirit
Submit a spirit from the Kid Icarus series. Has to follow this template but you can put more if you want. You can submit up to two
Character
[image]
Class
Stage
Song
Opponent(s)
Rules

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Medusa will be added. Here are the results of the mii costume voting:
Dark/Light Fighter 7
Three Sacred Treasures 15
Magnus 4
Amazon Pandora 9
Hades 1
Phosphora 0
Centurion 2

So Three Sacred Treasures, Amazon Pandora (as a brawler), Dark/Light Fighter, Magnus and Centurion will be added. Spirit submissions will continue a little bit longer.
I have some spirit submissions:
Uranos
See the source image

Class: Novice
Stage: Underworld
Song: Underworld
Opponent: Donkey Kong (Red)
Rules: The enemy breathes fire

Pyrrhon
See the source image

Class: Advanced
Stage: Skyworld
Song: Hades Infernal Theme
Opponent: Captain Falcon (Red)
Rules: The enemy is super fast, the enemy breathes fire

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Kid Icarus (Captain N)
Novicus

Stagicus: Coliseum
Songicus: Underworld (Brawl)
Opponenticus: tiny blonde Pit, invisible Duck Hunt
Rulicuses: Duck Hunt favours Smash attacks, Pit favours Neutral B

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We are officially done with Kid Icarus content. Now onto Wario content. Music submissions are open so you can submit up to four Wario music tracks. Content can come from Wario Land or WarioWare. Things from Mario games (besides mario land 3) are not counted so you can’t submit like warios gold mine as a stage for example.

Job #81: Submit A Wario Stage
Submit a stage from Wario. Please submit a location and layout.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Travelling stage: Demonic Dinner

Credit to Brenda Gonzalez on ArtStation

You begin outside Ashley's mansion in a garlic patch (a slightly sloped walk-off), you will then be picked up by a giant plate and sent inside the mansion's kitchen - there you are put in these phases in random order, seperated by more plate flying. When the plates fly, other plates will fly in as soft platforms.

1. A shelf - there are walls on the sides of this form
  2. A sieve - this a hard, U-shaped platform - however, projectiles will go right through it. There is a sink tap above it that can be used as a hard platform
  3. A chopping board - a knife will slam down, indicated by a warning sign. Walkoff.
  4. A frying pan on a stove top - the frying pan is the safe zone, while the stove functions like Brinstar lava. The frying pan moves. Walkoff
  5. A fruit basket and bottles of water - the fruit basket is really bumpy and you can drown in the water. Walkoff.
  6. A chair - there's a wall on on side and a ceiling on the other
  7. Inside a microwave - you fight on top of a burger with a bit of lettuce leaning out one side and devilish horns made with tomato slices, it spins like Spiral Mountain
  8. An oven - you fight on a loaf of bread that slowly becomes more sloped
Once you've been through all the phases, you will go inside a cauldron and fly around Ashley's Mansion for a bit, meaning no stops for a while, and land on the garlic patch restarting the cycle

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Wario Stage: Diamond City
Probably the only viable idea for a WarioWare stage that isn't just a 'bunch of mini games with the generic elevator section beforehand', this would work quite well as one of those moving platform stages. Like Delfino Plaza or the Halberd.

It could start in Wario's House, move to outside the Mona Pizza restaurant, then Club Sugar, wherever Kat and Ana train, Ashley's Mansion, Dr Crygor's Lab, 9-Volts room, and then maybe back to the start, with the odd cameo appearance of Orbulon and Dribble/Spitz.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fronk

Walks about passively like Mr. Saturn, when thrown he can anticlimatically cancel a foe's attacks without dealing actually dealing any damage either way. This works against final smashes, projectiles, assist trophies, invincible/armoured foes, disjoints, non-attacking moves like meter charges, and other items - pretty much everything except stage hazards. Good to use against slow moves like Smash Attacks.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Item: Syrup's Lamp (Wario Land)
Throwable item that creates a floating platform every time it lands, if it hits an enemy the platform stays out longer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom