• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Expand-A-Franchise, Currently Expanding… Nothing!

Should the Mario series get an echo fighter?

• Yes

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We won’t give Fire Emblem an echo fighter. Also I forgot to mention but you can submit up to four music tracks. Anyways I will submit Abyss.

The area is mostly flat but quite narrow, with a high ceiling. A few tables act as destructible platforms.

Well, here’s the poll for stages:

And the next job:
Job #66: Submit A Fire Emblem Item
Submit an item from the Fire Emblem series. Please submit the item and explain its function.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Devil Axe
Has a devastatingly powerful swing with a similar arc and hitbox to the Death’s Scythe, but larger and more consistent (still about as slow to swing). However, on contact with an enemy there is a chance that instead of the victim being hurt and launched, the holder instead is damaged and launched as if hit by the axe themself. If this happens, the Axe is automatically dropped.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit Rescue Staff

A team battle exclusive item that one uses to teleport their ally to them, potentially saving them from any danger

Last edited:
FE Assist Trophy submission:
Edelgard
Edelgard is a side character from FE: Three Houses game and she is the leader of Black Eagles. 5 years later in-game, she becomes an Emperor and later on she gets corrupted by hegemon husk and the player needed to fight her.

When summoned, she would appear in her normal form and she would swing her Axe to attack the opponents. She can be KOed.
(The damage of her axe is 10% per swing)

I think it would make sense to include an Assist Trophy from Three Houses game.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pixel Marth

Creates a pre-determined path, and then follows it. If he contacts with an enemy while on the path it will pause the battle and cut to a cutscene where he attacks. Can be 1HKO'd while planning his path however.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Rescue Staff will be our item.

I’ll submit Kronya for assist trophy. She walks around as Monica and then if she happens to get behind someone she’ll turn into Kronya and stab them in the back.

Anyways I’ll do a poll for assist trophies now

Job #68: Submit A Fire Emblem Mii Costume
Submit a mii costume from Fire Emblem. Please submit the costume and which class ra for. You can submit up to three.

D

Deleted member

Demitri (Swordfighter)
Claude (Uses Bow and Arrow. Gunner)
Tiki (Classic Design. Gunner)

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Kronya will be the assist trophy. Here are the mii costume options:
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Gatekeeper
Arvis
Nemesis
@Darkonedagger
Demitri
Claude
Tiki
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Edelgard
Celica
Shez

So please vote for your top four or five most wanted options in order. Your own submission can’t be in first place.
My votes:
1. Demitri
2. Gatekeeper
3. Arvis
4. Shez
5. Nemesis

Job #69: Submit A Fire Emblem Spirit
Submit up to two spirits from the FE series. This is the template is has to follow although you can add more if you want:
Character
[image]
Class
Stage
Song
Opponent(s)
Rules

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Gatekeeper
2. Edelgard
3. Claude
4. Demitri
5. Tiki

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the mii costume voting:
Gatekeeper 15
Arvis 3
Nemesis 1
Demitri 8
Claude 7
Tiki 6
Edelgard 9
Celica 3
Shez 8

So Gatekeeper, Edelgard, Demitri, Shez and Claude will be added as mii costumes.

I'll submit some spirits:
Shez

Novice
Stage: Garreg Mach Monastery
Song: Fire Emblem Three Houses Main Theme
Opponents: Shez mii costume
Rules: The enemy starts the battle with a killing edge

Nemesis
See the source image

Legend
Stage: Arena Ferox
Song: God Shattering Star
Opponents: Marth(x10), Ganondorf
Rules: The enemy has super armour, the enemy will have increased damage after a while (Ganondorf) Enemies are easy to launch (Marth)

That's pretty much it for Fire Emblem content so I'll finish it in a few hours. I wanna ask though, what does everyone think we should do for Game & Watch content? We probably do have enough game and watch games so that there's enough content so does anyone think we should include anything more than just game and watch games?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here are the results of the mii costume voting:
Gatekeeper 15
Arvis 3
Nemesis 1
Demitri 8
Claude 7
Tiki 6
Edelgard 9
Celica 3
Shez 8

So Gatekeeper, Edelgard, Demitri, Shez and Claude will be added as mii costumes.

I'll submit some spirits:
Shez

Novice
Stage: Garreg Mach Monastery
Song: Fire Emblem Three Houses Main Theme
Opponents: Shez mii costume
Rules: The enemy starts the battle with a killing edge

Nemesis
See the source image

Legend
Stage: Arena Ferox
Song: God Shattering Star
Opponents: Marth(x10), Ganondorf
Rules: The enemy has super armour, the enemy will have increased damage after a while (Ganondorf) Enemies are easy to launch (Marth)

That's pretty much it for Fire Emblem content so I'll finish it in a few hours. I wanna ask though, what does everyone think we should do for Game & Watch content? We probably do have enough game and watch games so that there's enough content so does anyone think we should include anything more than just game and watch games?
Doing like all pre NES (non arcade) Nintendo stuff could be neat but sticking to game and watch stuff is probably the right move tbh. There's enough there.

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Spirits:

Bernadetta Von Barley

Novice
Stage: Garreg Mach Monastery (Reception Hall)
Song: Fodlan Winds
Opponents: 1x Inkling (Purple Alt)
Rules: The enemy favors projectile attacks, The enemy tends to avoid close range combat

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Bridge Turtle will be added by default and we won’t give Game & Watch an echo.
Everyone can submit up to four music tracks by the way

Job #71: Submit A Game & Watch Stage
Submit a stage from the Game & Watch series. Please submit the stage and explain how it works, the layout, and any hazards.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Spirits:

Bernadetta Von Barley

Novice
Stage: Garreg Mach Monastery (Reception Hall)
Song: Fodlan Winds
Opponents: 1x Inkling (Purple Alt)
Rules: The enemy favors projectile attacks, The enemy tends to avoid close range combat
I don’t like adding things when we’ve already finished with a series’s content but might I suggest making this spirit enhancable into her post timeskip design? I just realized all the house leaders have it so it would probably make sense. If you’re fine with it I can just add that to her spirit on the front page

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mario's Flat Zone

This includes forms based on
  1. Donkey Kong Jr.
  2. Mario's Cement Factory
  3. Mario Bros. (Composite of both screens)
  4. Donkey Kong (Bottom screen)
  5. Super Mario Bros. (Brief scrolling section)
  6. Greenhouse (Top screen)
The external shell and background of all games is based on Mario the Juggler, although it isn't included in the game lineup, due to the differences in form for some of these games' terrain they rise up like a stage morph instead of a seamless transformation.

1. Octopus (Arranged)
  2. Game Select (Arranged)
  3. G&W DSi Theme
  4. Recess Ambience

Last edited:

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
I don’t like adding things when we’ve already finished with a series’s content but might I suggest making this spirit enhancable into her post timeskip design? I just realized all the house leaders have it so it would probably make sense. If you’re fine with it I can just add that to her spirit on the front page
Yeah, that works out great. I just couldn't find any great artwork for here post-timeskip design, otherwise I would have used it already.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
A kinda original gimmick track like Environmental Noises, reflects Game & Watch's status as a handheld device marketed to children.
Okay well it might not be eligible then since environmental noises is at least based on a thing you can hear in pikmin and from what I can tell a lot of the game and watch adds from back in the day weren’t really marketed towards small children, quite a few adds were geared towards adults too. If people want we can have a poll to see if it would be eligible though.

Anyways Mario’s Flat Zone will be added as a stage.

Job #72: Submit A Game & Watch Assist Trophy
Submit an assist trophy from the Game & Watch series. Please submit the assist trophy and it’s function. It would be alright if they are already in flat zone because we can just disable it’s function on that stage.

I’ll submit Dragon from Zelda Game & Watch

It flies in one place in the sky and breathes fireballs down on the stage which (obviously) move in a very simple pattern

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here’s the poll for the Game & Watch assist trophy:

Job #73: Submit A Game & Watch Mii Costume
This should be interesting to see what people come up with. Submit a mii costume from the Game & Watch series. Please submit the costume and what mii type it would be for.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Dragon will be our assist trophy. I’ll submit some mii costumes then finish this job in just a bit:
1. Game & Watch Link (Swordfighter)
2. Octopus Diver (Brawler)
3. Juggler Mario (Gunner); A black and white version of Mario like we see in the game and watch super mario bros. He throws the projectiles and that’s how he’s a gunner

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Dragon will be our assist trophy. I’ll submit some mii costumes then finish this job in just a bit:
1. Game & Watch Link (Swordfighter)
2. Octopus Diver (Brawler)
3. Juggler Mario (Gunner); A black and white version of Mario like we see in the game and watch super mario bros. He throws the projectiles and that’s how he’s a gunner
I thought about submitting Octopus diver, isn't that Mr. Game and Watch's up smash, however?

Top Bottom