• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards creates: E.V.O Search for Eden Re-Evolved

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Well the main playable creature has several forms, and the earliest is a fish. But certain creatures can be accessed with a certain crystal. Perhaps I‘ll think of using one, as time goes by.

Also there are videos of E.V.O online that can help. There are inaccuracies and outdated biology, but of course the remake will give more accuracy to those creatures.
Maybe to become a plant one must invest in the photosynthesis trait which gives the user passive healing during the day but makes them sluggish and less powerful during the night, additionally photosynthesis can create sugar which can create a backup food supply to help you during these vulnerable periods of night

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Perhaps that can work. Perhaps after you complete the game, you can unlock new paths where you play as arthropods or plants.

Anyways Job 68: Add new crystal evolutions (ongoing job)

Job 68: Sea Dragon. Found in an ocean biome (to be revealed) it allows you to evolve into an aquatic dragon. Mainly works if you are underwater, but your form has 140 hp, can deal 20 damage per bite and 15 per tail strike. Slow on land, but faster in water.

FWI, crystal evolutions last a minute, but you can save those forms like in the original game.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Perhaps that can work. Perhaps after you complete the game, you can unlock new paths where you play as arthropods or plants.

Anyways Job 68: Add new crystal evolutions (ongoing job)

Job 68: Sea Dragon. Found in an ocean biome (to be revealed) it allows you to evolve into an aquatic dragon. Mainly works if you are underwater, but your form has 140 hp, can deal 20 damage per bite and 15 per tail strike. Slow on land, but faster in water.

FWI, crystal evolutions last a minute, but you can save those forms like in the original game.
Um I have a submission

Powder Moth
75 hp
Deals 15 damage per bite
Has the capabilities of flight
Powder Scales: During flight you release a powder that poisons anyone who inhales it, additionally any physcial attacks directed at you will have the attacker poisoned as well.
Call: Can summon other members of its species with a load call, this also can scare off larger predators
Found in jungles, likes hot biomes, hate cold biomes

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Yep, The creature abilities and evo points are added. Also same with those crystal evolutions

Also News Flash: Once you defeat Bolbox, you will unlock two new evo modes, one where you play as an invertebrate and one where you play as a mobile plant.

Anyways, Job 69: Add moves, evo points and domains for Bison and Epicyon

Job 70: Submit a move set and evo points for the Basilosaurus boss fight.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Yep, The creature abilities and evo points are added. Also same with those crystal evolutions

Also News Flash: Once you defeat Bolbox, you will unlock two new evo modes, one where you play as an invertebrate and one where you play as a mobile plant.

Anyways, Job 69: Add moves, evo points and domains for Bison and Epicyon

Job 70: Submit a move set and evo points for the Basilosaurus boss fight.
Bison will charge up and ram into you for big damage, gives 85 evo points, their domain is the Domain of the Great Plains, a open wilderness where bison are being chased by Epicyon, by chasing off the Epicyon you can eat the bison for yourself. As for the Epicyon they live in the Domain of the Boneyard, a place filled with bonepits and tar, the Epicyons will lock their jaws into you for continuous damage, being more damaging the bigger you are, they give 90 evo points.

The Basilosaurus boss fight mainly revolves around a way to disable its jaws, its jaws are very powerful and capable of almost one shotting you, instead one must be crafty and try and lure it into some spiked coral to jam its mouth. After that you can freely nibble on its body to damage it bit by bit before it dies of bleeding, A puzzle boss of sorts, it gives 200 evo points.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Job 69: Bison would ram into your opponents with horns and might trample you. They give you 100 evo points. They are also found in the Tar Pit area. Where both Bison and Grizzlys can be found. Tar is the main hazard, as you can get stuck in it. Of course you can breakout of it, but don‘t try this in real life.

Meanwhile Epicyon would bite you simply enough. They will give you 100 evo points. They also share the same domain of Moropus.

Job 70: Basilosaurus moves include…
It will bite you
A fluke strike, knocking you down.
A ram attack.
And it will use it’s blowhole to spray water at you.

It will drop 4 meats after being KOed. Each meat will give you 200 evo points each.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Usually in most threads there will be a voting on those types of things. But since there are only 2 of use, that would be difficult.

While I decide on how to implement this, Job 71: Modernize a prehistoric animal. FWI, T.Rex is already modernized. You can use creatures without the (new) code on page one for guidance

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1672798077299.png

Oviraptor
This species of prehistoric dinosaur is noted for being very protective of its eggs, it makes its nests in deserts and canyons where it buries its eggs in sand to act as a nest. These eggs act as a great source of EVO points, but you have to go through the parents to collect the prize. Oviraptors have only medium health and subpar attacking power but they are quick, nimble, and will come in great hoards should you try to eat their eggs.

Also I have been thinking and I feel like to make EVO 2 even better we should offer more options.

One suggestion is the option to be an herbivore and collect evo points by eating plants, which are more plentiful but whose evo points scale based off the biome they are found in. An Insectivore which finds hidden out groves of insects giving large amounts of evo points but at the cost of collecting them at a slower rate overall. And Detrivores who gain evo points passively by just absorbing the nutrients of animal and plant remains, but at the cost of having more expensive upgrades therefore being slower to evolve. This way you don't just have to be a carnivore, increasing the options available overall.

Additionally here are some ideas to differentiate Arthropods and Plants from the Vertebrates

when playing as an Arthropods the game will make it easier to gain expensive upgrades at a cheaper rate during the beginning, however Arthropods can't gain permanant health ups from these upgrades and as is are quite frail at first. In order to gain permanent health upgrades they need to spend evo points on a molt command making them gain health but also make all other upgrades more expensive to purchase due to the larger size requiring more energy to evolve. It's a crutch character, an archetype that starts out powerful in the early game but may struggle in the endgame if not prepared correctly.

Plants on the other hand have two ways to get evo points, photosynesis or spore. By standing in the sun you can use photosynsesis to passively gain evo points to spend on upgrades, however due to plants not being designed for combat attacking in any way causes them to spend evo points, without evo points plants can't attack at all, becoming defenseless. This is especially dangerous as plants can't gain evo points during the night so its the choice of a more powerful build or a more survivable build. By investing in spores however you instead have to infect a creature to carry your spores, the spores will eventually kill the creature causing a clone of you to be created, this clone will have health scaled to the host creatures max health as well as gain a specific amount of evo points based off the size of the creature, the larger creatures need more spores to infect but have more health and evo points to give. You need to go from host to host as otherwise you can't gain evo points. When you die you respawn as your weakest form, but you keep all your upgrades, meaning that you have more survivability overall in the base form but its encouraged still to infect other creatures. I don't know if that would count as a separate Fungi class however.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Well Oviraptor wasn’t in the original SNES game (the original game is years older, but not as well known), but I think we can add it soon.

Also I have decided to balance both our submissions into one.

Anyways my enhancement is on Apatosaurus. This dinosaur will be able to use its tail to strike opponents and is a bit more agile.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Well Oviraptor wasn’t in the original SNES game (the original game is years older, but not as well known), but I think we can add it soon.

Also I have decided to balance both our submissions into one.

Anyways my enhancement is on Apatosaurus. This dinosaur will be able to use its tail to strike opponents and is a bit more agile.
Oh I thought when you ment modernize I thought you wanted me to adapt a prehistoric creature to this game, I'm sorry, though i dont have any alternate ideas for this job

Also how did you like my ideas for the arthropods and plants BowserKing BowserKing

BowserKing

Smash Lord
There are great.
Anyways Job 72: Add a Cenozoic Reptile

Job 73: For the invertebrate, what form will we use.

Job 72: Titanoboa. This snake will bite and constrict you. They will give you 90 evo points.

Job 73 will be up to discussion as it’s an ongoing job

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
There are great.
Anyways Job 72: Add a Cenozoic Reptile

Job 73: For the invertebrate, what form will we use.

Job 72: Titanoboa. This snake will bite and constrict you. They will give you 90 evo points.

Job 73 will be up to discussion as it’s an ongoing job
1672883112299.png

Gharial
Gharials are dangerous aquatic predators, they are particularly dangerous during the fish and amphibian stages as their lone snouts are designed to grapple and crush aquatic builds, and they will drop 85 evo points when killed.

1672883323797.png1672883427078.png1672883484115.png
Arthropoda
Of the various phylums of invertebrates, arthropods, in my opinion, offer the most customizability and accessibility of all the phyla while also being easy to design for. Arthropods consist of insects, crustaceans, and arachnids, among other small orders and would allow a lot of customizability while also keeping a single gameplay style common among all invertebrates. Invertebrates start the game with cheaper upgrades compared to the vertebrates and plants, but at the cost that they can't gain permanent health upgrades from these new parts, rather, they need to use a molt command to grow in size and gain a permanent health and defense boost. However, upgrades will now be more expensive overall due to needing more energy to spend. Arthropods would also allow lots of different gameplay styles, insects could fly and attack with stingers or an acid spray capable of paralyzing, burning, or poisoning prey, crustaceans allow tanky builds focusing on melee combat, and arachnids could focus on increased ground movement, traps, and powerful venom. So while we are sticking to a single phylum this phylum would allow for loads of options while also keeping everything consistent.

How do you like this pitch BowserKing BowserKing

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My Idea for Invertibrate form is Cephalopod.

Mainly used for the first stage, Cephalopods are intelligent and crafty. As one, you mainly evolve uses of tentacles, body plans and armour. You can also squeeze through tiny spaces as one of those.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I wonder which came first, arthropods, or cephalopods, biases aside I do think arthropods are the best choice, due to how easy it is to both form a concrete single template while also allowing various abilities to be piled on, btw what's next BowserKing BowserKing

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Well I’m including Oviraptor in the game, so…
Job 74: Add a domain for Oviraptor

My choice: The same domain as Velociraptor. Also there are eggs that give you hp, but Oviraptors will get angry if you eat them.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Well I’m including Oviraptor in the game, so…
Job 74: Add a domain for Oviraptor

My choice: The same domain as Velociraptor. Also there are eggs that give you hp, but Oviraptors will get angry if you eat them.
Shell Rock
A large dome of sand and stone encompassing a strange alien fossil, hence the name Shell Rock, this place is quite flat and lacks much obstacles, but it is quite steep and can be quite hard to climb due to the constant sandstorms around the domain. Oviraptors live in the peak of Shell Rock, they are actually neutral creatures, they only attack when you attack them. Their nests hold several eggs worth 200 evo points per egg, making them quite valuable, but if you eat one of them, the oviraptors will gang up on you and try to hunt you down.

Also, should you create a list of all the domains in the game in the OP BowserKing BowserKing , also what is the status of the invertebrates.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I can make one soon. Also Cephalopods and Arthropods will be the ones for invertebrates, mostly the latter. I can come up with some new body’s for them soon, but it will be an ongoing job. FWI, arthropods will have 3 forms: Crustacean, Arachnid and Insect.

FWI, both Titanoboa and Gharial are added as well. New jobs will be coming soon.

Anyways, Job 75: Add Jaws for Arthropods. An ongoing job

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1673047090529.png

Trapdoor Jaw
The jaws of the Odontomachus brunneus (Better known as the Trapdoor Ant) this pair of jaws are worth 200 evo points but gains 75 evo points for every molt, on top of this high price for so early in the game picking this jaw will also give you the slowest attack speed in the game. So why would you pick this? Well, firstly, it has the highest attack power of all arthropod jaws, one-shots most basic creatures, and ignores armor. Secondly, the Trapdoor Jaw gives the arthropod a grapple move, this lets them carry small prey and toss it out to other targets as a long ranged attack (think Yoshi's egg toss). Thirdly, the Trapdoor Jaw can be used to wall jump, by biting a wall you can grapple it, then you can follow that up with a wall jump, creating a unique niche despite its high cost of use.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Job 75: Tarantula Jaws. This pair of jaws deal 15 bite damage, with 1 extra venom damage per second for 5 seconds and costs 500 evo points.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here is another arthropod jaw
th (4).jpg

Fly Tube
This jaw costs 100 evo points and increases by 50 for every molt. Rather than directly damage the target, the Fly Tube instead injects the prey with an acid that does damage over time, the more acid used the more damage over time is caused, making it surprisingly deadly. Additionally any meat dropped by prey killed with this jaw will have their total evo points increased by 25%.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
FWI, the dome rock will be part of the Velociraptor stage, as Oviraptors are included.

While this job is up and running, Job 76: Add domains for Titanoboa and Gharial

For Gharial, it will share the same domain as Unitahtherium
Land of Giant Snakes. Home to Titanoboa, it’s a rainforest between Domain of Megatherium and ???

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
FWI, the dome rock will be part of the Velociraptor stage, as Oviraptors are included.

Land of Giant Snakes. Home to Titanoboa, it’s a rainforest between Domain of Megatherium and ???
Well it's called shell rock, but I get what you mean, btw are you going to use the giant alien fossil buried under shell rock

BowserKing

Smash Lord
While aliens are in this game, like in the original (they were the ones who brought the crystals to speed evolution up, but that lead to creatures gaining a lot of power), I might include it as well.

Also Wasp Jaws. These jaws cost 500 evo points and deal 10 damage per bite, possibly more.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

I have no idea for a domain for these two creatures, so I'm just waiting for next job

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Well I was thinking of another ongoing job

A new domian has been announce: the Amazon Rain forest. But it needs at least 6 creatures.
Job 77: Add creatures for the Amazon Rainforest.

I’ll start: Jaguar. This cat will pounce on you and bite you as well. They give you 150 evo points.

The Bug jaws one is still ongoing as well.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
th (5).jpg

Archer Fish
This Amazon river fish coasts at the surface of rivers and aims a stream of water at their prey, this pushes said prey into the water below where they are vulnerable to both the Archer Fish and the other hostile marine life. They give 100 eco points when killed.

th (6).jpg

Toxic Threader
Based off the banana spider, which has poisonous webs, this jaw allows the user to shoot threads at the target, ensnaring them, it also poisons them on top of it making a good way to make quick kills. Its main flaws is that it has a shorter ranged compared to other web making parts and it costs 300 evo points and increases by 75 for each molt.

Also BowserKing BowserKing have you made a list of arthropod parts yet

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I’m slowly getting there, FWI those parts are added.

Anyways: Giant Anteater. This mammal will strike it’s claws at you and strike it’s younger as well. It will give you 65 evo points. The tongue does more damage if your an arthropod.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Well I was waiting a bit, but anyways new creature

Electric Eel. This fish will shock you with ite electric output. It will give you 70 evo points.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
th (7).jpg

Poison Dart Frog
If there was a creature you shouldn't eat, it's the Poison Dart Frog. The main mode of damage for this creature is too poison anyone who touches it, it responds to this by infecting any attackers with a deadly venom that will kill even the sturdiest creatures. Eating it is also a bad idea unless your poison resistant as that is also a one hit kill. It should be avoided at all costs, therefore it's a trap enemy.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
FWI, the domains of both Gharial and Titanoboa are added.

New Body part announcement: Arms and Legs can now evolve separately, but only if you walk on 2 legs. FWI, mammals can walk on two legs as well.

Job 78: Add arms and legs for dinosaurs and mammals.

My submission: Therizinosaurus Claws. These claws will deal 20 damage per hit and cost 1500 evo points.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1673389341460.png

Platypus Flippers
Platypi are unique in that they are on of the few venomous mammals, these flippers would reflect that. They would cost 700 evo points and allow for better movement on slippery or wet terrain such as mud or ice, it also increased swim speed, but most importantly it allows the user to poison enemies by jumping on top of them, this would bring a lot of strategies as other mammals lack a reliable way of poisoning prey, giving this part a niche.

1673389587097.png

Sloth Hooks
These arms cost 650 evo points and like the Trapdoor Jaw trades attack speed with a powerful secondary effect. The Sloth Claws are long ranged and attack by grappling opponents and clawing them with their sharp claws, these claws can ignore armor and can cause bleeding. These claws also allow one to cling to walls and trees allowing for increased movement. The cost of using this arm however is the slow attack speed, giving a 50% attack speed subtraction to your total attack speed stat.

May post more stuff

Also will this game have status effects like poison and bleeding, I hope there will be

BowserKing

Smash Lord
The amazon creatures are added. And the arms and legs are an ongoing job.

Anyways: Velociraptor claws.
They cost 500 evo points, deliver 10 damage per attack and can also help climb up difficult terrain.

Kangaroo Feet
They cost 1500 evo points, deliver 20 damage per kick and gives you an increased jump boost.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I was considering one as well

Anyways Job 79: Add an Arachnid body

Job 79: Tarantula Body. This body costs 1500 evo points and gives you 55 hp, (45 when small). Also has decent defence and the ability to flick hairs at opponents, that deal 2 damage per hit.

Meanwhile for Arms and Legs

Bear Arms. These arms deal 15 damage per hit and cost 1000 evo points.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1673496476129.png

Tick Sac
This body is unique as it acts as a sort of health storage, as you bite opponents the sac will fill up with blood that will passively heal you when you get damaged, so think of it as your bite attacks now have a hp draining effect. This body costs 600 evo points and increases by 100 for each molt.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
More arms and legs
Deinochirus Claws. These claws cost 1000 evo points and deliver 15 damage per hit.

Kangaroo Fists. They cost 700 evo points and deliver 12 damage per hit.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Should we move one or something, I feel like we should do Arthropod arms and legs next

Top Bottom