Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!
You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!
I will resubmit my Garfield itemsItems franchise: Garfield
I know the speed bomb is based on the magic wand from Garfield Kart, but it also isn't really a distinctly "Garfield" piece of iconography so I left it out for Pooky
- Morning Coffee - Oil Tank
- Beware of Dog sign - Tacks
- Lasagna - Flame Power
- Abu Dahbi package - Exploding Traffic Light
- Monday - Homing Missile
- Splut Pie - Dummy Wheel
- Pooky - Speed Bomb
- Spaghetti and Meatballs - Ice Crystal
- Comic Panel - Force Field
First track: The Skeld - Song: Original
A long, 2-lap track. This track's layout is very much inspired by the Among Us skeld layout. It is overlaid with many screens showing random racers you'll need to pay attention to - for one racer has been deemed an impostor. The impostor racer has access to beefed up items in crazy quantities, but needs to use these in moderation. Once the first place racer hits the second lap, you'll be stopped and have to choose one from a pool of 4 racers who could potentially be the impostor, with first place always being an option even if they aren't the impostor. If the impostor is sussed out, they'll turn into a pitifully slow Crewmate, who just walks about like that MKW mod. If you correctly guess the impostor, you'll get a speed boost even if the impostor didn't get majority vote, and if you're majority voted as sus despite not being an impostor, you will recieve minor stat nerfs.
Second track: The Airship - Song: Distraction Dance
Based on Henry Stickmin, this course is quite simple - Stickmin's all about the references, so when you race on this stage your vehicle will randomly change.
1. Rocko’s Modern Life
2. Thomas and Friends
Personally, I love doing the one-person franchise jobs as it allows me to be super creative. However, I can understand that those will be very minimal. Alongside this, I feel our next franchise expansion should be focused on another aspect besides racers so that’s why my first two votes are for Rocko and Thomas (hoping Thomas wins since I want a vehicle expansion). PepsiCo gets third since I love food mascots. They are all great expansion ideas so great job everyone!
Tracks with Unique Gimmicks Mini-Franchise:
View attachment 375124
I don’t think we have a board games-based franchise yet so why don’t we go with Hasbro Gaming? We can always expand it later on but I have some unique gimmick based boards here.
Music: Monopoly Live Background Music
It's a smaller track as it will be faster to complete so more laps (basically this game's version of Baby Park). The racers are shrunk down to the size of the game board and you race around the board. There are a few gimmicks on this racetrack:
Also, there will be hands showing that people are playing Monopoly so watch out as those as hazards and can hinder you! Forgot to mention, if you are picked up as a game piece, the hand can place you anywhere on the track so may the odds be in your favor!
- Passing GO gets you a speed boost
- When any racer passes a Chance or Community Chest space, you get a card that will either buff or nerf your stats
- You can also pick up the house and hotel hazards as they are placed down and throw them at other racers.
Music: Sweet Celebration (from the Candy Land movie)
Another fun board-game based course. Basically, it’s a two-part course but with another twist. The whole movement of your cart involves you hitting the card pile for Candy Land. Thus, this will determine where you spawn on the race track so you could potentially end up pretty far. The first lap ends at Grandma Nutty’s house and ends at King Kandy’s castle.
However, you will need to continue hit the cards to determine your placement. If you get a licorice card, you will be stuck on a licorice space for a few seconds! There are also move back cards (not seen in Candy Land but still important to keep the race longer and more interesting) that can place you back. May luck be in your favor in the race to visit King Kandy!
I think this and my submission may cannibalize one another. I'll let you decide whether to keep it and I'll remove mine, or I'll keep mine and you remove yours.Japanese Mythology
Racers: Amaterasu, Tengu, Oni
View attachment 375156
Another popular pantheon of religion right here. It’s been super influential on pop culture like Greek mythology. Some really fun things we can do here for sure. From yōkai to demons, there’s lots of possibilities here!
3 Skins for Oni
Yōkai - Rokurokubi, Kappa, Tengu
14 racers, 1 track, 5 skins.
Myth franchise submission:
View attachment 375155
Ah yes, one of the most recognizable mythologies of all time, Greek mythology!
Greek Mythology is one of mythologies that originated from ancient Greece and it was consists of stories about gods and origins from ancient greek person's perspective.
14 racers (we can also allow mythological creatures from greek mythology)
I think Greek Mythology makes sense here in this game, since most of the world knows about it and it gave a huge influence on various media.
Racers: Thor, Odin, Kraken
View attachment 375157
Another popular pantheon of mythology right here (and one of my favorites). It’s been super influential on pop culture like Greek mythology. Thor obviously won’t be based on his Marvel superhero adaptation but moreso off of the original Thor himself. From the gods and goddesses to the creatures, there’s lots of fun to be had here when it comes to submitting!
Big Foot, Mothman, Loveland Frog
Might clash a bit with the already submitted creatures season and if so ill swap it out.
14 racers, 4 vehicles , 2 skins.
Instead of just bringing together characters from all mythologies this would bring together heroes (or villains) from various ancient epic texts from different mythologies. I would say a character has to have a special role in the text specifically to be eligible just so people don't end up submitting a really important mythological figure just because he was mentioned once in one text.
1. Son Wukong (Journey to the West)
2. Gilgamesh (The Epic of Gilgamesh)
3. Achilles (The Illiad)
These names shouldn't tie to their kart combos.1. Mythical Creatures
2. Ancient Epics
3. Norse Mythology
DriDim Top Players:
StickyWicket: (Elmo in the TIE Fighter)
CrocoRock (Sparring Acquaintances in the Transcontinental Train)
Heisenburger (Walter and Jesse in the Shoe Car)
McBrick (Wario in his overalls outfit in Lightning McQueen)
AutoBun (Pun on Autobahn) (Dastardly and Muttley in Bonus Car)
Player Name: BernieMcBurnout (Grand Prix Cat on Couch Gag)
- Some of the DriDim die-cast cars
- Free access to a year's worth of seasons
- Exclusive costume for the racer's main
My player submission:
- AAAAAAAARGH!! - Capybara on Black Shenron
- DriDim "Cast so far" poster - includes all characters from all seasons up to Pepsi, and some select character vehicles
- Brmmwasher T-Shirt
- DriDim Xbox controller
- Gold Trophy
- An official, mass-produced die-cast car release of a kart setup of their choice
My player submission:
1. RoadReaper66 (Shredder on GUN Truck)
1. DriDim Generix Kart-shaped trophy
2. Brmmwasher plushie
3. DriDim-themed Nintendo Switch (and also switch case)
4. DriDim t-shirt with game box art on it
5. 500 million dollars
AShrimpFriedThisRice: Mario in the Bonus Car
- DriDim Trophy
- Posters of the whole DriDim cast up to the Pepsi season as well as a poster of all the vehicles in the game
- Exclusive banner for winning the tournament in-game (think like the MultiVersus EVO banner)
- Set of DriDim die-cast toys
- Winner’s racer/kart combination released as Limited Edition die-cast toy
MarioKartDevil (Ned Flanders on Pink Flying Nimbus)
- “Peppino’s Pizza” novelty pizza box
- Capsule Corp “Car Capsule” shaped water bottle
- Generix Prix Swirly Chair Replica
- “Drifting Champion” tracksuit skins for Street Fighter 6, The King of Fighters XV (Steam keys available if the recipient does not own both games). Skins work on any character in those games playable in DriDim.