• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Spongebob
Batman
Pokemon
Breaking Bad
Star Wars
Vocaloid
Pacman
Dragon Ball
TMNT
Shrek

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Star Wars
2. Mario
3. Pepsi
4. Pokemon
5. Spongebob
6. Batman
7. Shrek finally saw last wish so now I have way more ideas
8. DBZ
9. Minecraft
10. Back To The Future

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
1. Muppets
2. SpongeBob
3. Batman
4. Mario
5. Breaking Bad
6. Pacman
7. Pokemon
8, DBZ
9. Portal
10. BTTF

Baysha

Smash Ace
1. Undertale
2. Minecraft
3. Spongebob
4. Pac-Man
5. Mario
6. Portal
7. Wario
8. Pokemon
9. Chuck E. Cheese
10. Thomas

cashregister9

Smash Hero
  1. Star wars
  2. Super Mario Bros.
  3. Pokemon
  4. Muppets
  5. Batman
  6. Vocaloid
  7. Dragon Ball Z
  8. SpongeBob SquarePants
  9. Minecraft
  10. TMNT

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Big Challenges' skin will be, by removing my vote for Small, realistic; Badtz-Maru's will be, by removing my vote for pirate, doctor; Kerropi's will be snowy; Melody's will be her kimono; and Kitty's will be princess.

1. Scooby-Doo
  2. The Adventures of Tintin
  3. The Nightmare Before Christmas - 1
  4. Back to the Future - 2
  5. Dr. Suess - 2
  6. WarioWare - 3
  7. Vocaloid - 4
  8. Undertale - 4
  9. Thomas & Friends - 6
  10. Chuck E. Cheese - 6
  11. Portal - 6
  12. Shrek - 7
  13. Breaking Bad - 9
  14. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 9
  15. Minecraft - 10
  16. Dragon Ball Z - 17
  17. Pepsi - 18
  18. The Muppets - 19
  19. Star Wars - 22
  20. Pac-Man - 22
  21. Pokémon - 24
  22. Batman - 25
  23. SpongeBob SquarePants - 31
  24. Super Mario Bros. - 32
Letsago! We're returning to where it all started with Mario!

1. Pepsi
  2. Mups
  3. Mayro
  4. The Bob
  5. Pac
  6. I'm Chuck E, I'm Chuck E
  7. Pokémon
  8. Dragon Ball
  9. TMNT
  10. WarioWare

Animal Planet - Horse, Lion, Shark (all wheelless bikes)

This is a certified photorealistic moment.
1. Pokemon
2. Batman
3. Spongebob
4. Star Wars
5. Super Mario
6. Dragon Ball Z
7. TMNT
8. Pacman
9. Pepsi
10. Minecraft

Steed franchise submission:
How to train your dragon (Dreamworks)
View attachment 369511
How to train your dragon is a movie franchise that was made by Dreamworks and it's loosely based on the book of the same name by Cressida Cowell that was released in 2003.

It's about Hiccups, a young man who befriends a dragon (toothless) while his tribe forced him to be a dragon slayer and he doesn't have any desire to harm it throughout the first movie.

Vehicles:
Toothless/Night fury (Wheeless bike)
View attachment 369512

White fury (Wheeless bike)

View attachment 369513

Gronckle (Wheeless bike)
View attachment 369515
Steed Franchise: Jurassic Park/World
View attachment 369517
Riding dinosaurs would be fun.
View attachment 369519
Rexy (Wheeless Bike)

View attachment 369518
Triceratops (Wheeless Kart)

View attachment 369520
Blue (Wheeless Bike)
1. Pepsi
2. Cuphead
3. Mario
4. Muppets
5. Thomas and Friends
6. Chuck E Cheese’s
7. Pac-Man
8. SpongeBob
9. TMNT
10. Pokèmon

Steed Franchise:

My Little Pony

View attachment 369524

One of the biggest toy franchises out there. This would honestly be a super funny mini-season especially for the certified moments for the bronies and pegasisters.

Vehicles:

Rainbow Dash (Wheelless Bike), Twilight Sparkle (Wheelless Bike) and Pinkie Pie (Wheelless Kart)
Monster Hunter

Rathalos (Wheelless Kart)
Palamute (Wheelless Bike)
Zinogre (Wheelless Bike)
The Kentucky Derby - Secretariat, Pegasus, Gay Crusader (wheeless bikes)

I just think it would be really funny to have a vehicle named Gay Crusader
  1. Kentucky Derby
  2. Monster Hunter
  3. My Little Pony
  4. Jurassic Park
  5. Dreamworks Dragons
  6. Animal Planet
Please vote for your top 3
  1. 3
  2. 2
  3. 1

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
ech **** it may as well give it a shot

Mario Racer #01: Gooper Blooper
First Appearance: Super Mario Sunshine (2002)

Having never yet had the opportunity to cram his beautiful, bloated, ink-filled body into a kart before, I feel this is the perfect time for our tropical terrorizer to finally come back to a state of fame. A unique heavyweight with plenty of gooey animation potential, as well as personality to feed the 5,000, if God had a face, this is what it would look like. Gooper Blooper would be perfectly suited to this game. To any game. He is already, after all, a tennis expert. He is well-suited, in truth, to any media, or indeed any situation. You arrive at a funeral? Gooper Blooper carries the coffin. He sheds tears of ink that stain the carpet beneath his tentacles. You arrive at a fancy Parisian restaurant? Your waiter is Gooper Blooper. He's serving meals all over the room simultaneously (and there's no seafood) but he speaks French absolutely flawlessly. You find yourself falling from an unfortunately timed plane crash? He will catch you and nurse you to health on a remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, and then he'll do the same for anyone else, and would keep written correspondence in the form of letters with you until the day he dies. If there is a being more well suited to brutalising Garfield with a rocket launcher whilst driving the DeLorean through Disneyland Paris, they are a delusion, and you need therapy. Gooper Blooper is everything you could ever need and more.

Mario Racer #02: Brighton & Twila
First Appearance: Mario Party 6 (2004)

OH NO! THE SUN AND MOON ARE HAVING A STRONGLY-WORDED ARGUMENT! Brighton and Twila, the hosts of the sixth Mario Party, being Mario Party 6, would race together as a pair. Also, I'd like to suggest that their animations would be a little... shall we say, challenging toward each other. Nonetheless, they're able to work together juuuust enough to succeed. (Usually.)

Mario Racer #03: Ninji
First Appearance: Super Mario Bros. 2 (1988)

A character unique in some ways due to their recent resurgence, Ninji would be an awesome little guy to see included. Being basically a ninja, you can probably imagine he'll have plenty of acrobatic moves - and the history here helps too. Hey, Super Mario Bros. 2 is an awesome game to represent, and doing so by including a unique pick that isn't just Shyguy again is pretty cool in my mind.

Mario Racer #04: Blue Toad & Bubble Baby Yoshi
First Appearance: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009) & New Super Mario Bros. U (2012)

Okay so whilst this seems like a weird choice, my concept here is that Blue Toad (the character, not just "a blue Toad") is babysitting a Bubble Baby Yoshi. Why Blue Toad? Well, Toad's had a strong pedigree of being blue, all the way back to Super Mario Bros. 2, but the character has also been around since the Wii era. Also, baby Yoshis have been around for ages too - but Bubble Baby Yoshi specifically is a more recent creation. This might be odd, but this pair do have a degree of pedigree whilst also being semi-promotional!

Mario Racer #05: Bob-Omb Buddies
First Appearance: Super Mario 64 (1996)

Nobody ever shuts up about Super Mario 64, and for good reason! It's a particularly important game in both Mario's and the gaming industry's history, and so it makes a lot of sense to include an iconic character from the series. As such, I'm suggesting a pair of Bob-Omb Buddies - alongside a cannon. When they're driving around, the Buddies will drive - but using an item, they'll fire it out of the cannon due to their lack of arms! Don't worry, they won't detonate.

Mario Racer #06: Fuzzy
First Appearance: Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island (1995)

The sole species in the family Dudim Phreykunoutonthis, if you touch Fuzzy, you'll get dizzy. Prepare for unoriginal and farcical jokes about how the power-ups in the Mario series are subtle references to various kinds of drugs, because that's funny, and certainly didn't get old back in 2010! Oh, and don't think too much about the ethics of a newborn baby being exposed to hallucenogenics.

look, a lot of the good choices were already taken

1. jurassic park (dinosaurs are very cool)
2. my undersized pony (honrse)
3. kentucky derby (honrse to)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Having never yet had the opportunity to cram his beautiful, bloated, ink-filled body into a kart before, I feel this is the perfect time for our tropical terrorizer to finally come back to a state of fame. A unique heavyweight with plenty of gooey animation potential, as well as personality to feed the 5,000, if God had a face, this is what it would look like. Gooper Blooper would be perfectly suited to this game. To any game. He is already, after all, a tennis expert. He is well-suited, in truth, to any media, or indeed any situation. You arrive at a funeral? Gooper Blooper carries the coffin. He sheds tears of ink that stain the carpet beneath his tentacles. You arrive at a fancy Parisian restaurant? Your waiter is Gooper Blooper. He's serving meals all over the room simultaneously (and there's no seafood) but he speaks French absolutely flawlessly. You find yourself falling from an unfortunately timed plane crash? He will catch you and nurse you to health on a remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, and then he'll do the same for anyone else, and would keep written correspondence in the form of letters with you until the day he dies. If there is a being more well suited to brutalising Garfield with a rocket launcher whilst driving the DeLorean through Disneyland Paris, they are a delusion, and you need therapy. Gooper Blooper is everything you could ever need and more.

Mario Racer #02: Bellhop Goomba
First Appearance: New Super Mario Bros. U (2012)

People seem to like Hotel Mario, or at least my YouTube recommended circa 2009, so it only made sense to include an iconic character from this iconic game - Bellhop Goomba from Wendy's Blitz Snarlton Hotel (Stage 5), who is well-recognised for their mysterious ability to move large bags without arms and their exceptionally dapper fit. And hey, who doesn't like Goombas?

A character unique in some ways due to their recent resurgence, Ninji would be an awesome little guy to see included. Being basically a ninja, you can probably imagine he'll have plenty of acrobatic moves - and the history here helps too. Hey, Super Mario Bros. 2 is an awesome game to represent, and doing so by including a unique pick that isn't just Shyguy again is pretty cool in my mind.

First Appearance: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009) & New Super Mario Bros. U (2012)

Okay so whilst this seems like a weird choice, my concept here is that Blue Toad (the character, not just "a blue Toad") is babysitting a Bubble Baby Yoshi. Why Blue Toad? Well, Toad's had a strong pedigree of being blue, all the way back to Super Mario Bros. 2, but the character has also been around since the Wii era. Also, baby Yoshis have been around for ages too - but Bubble Baby Yoshi specifically is a more recent creation. This might be odd, but this pair do have a degree of pedigree whilst also being semi-promotional!

Nobody ever shuts up about Super Mario 64, and for good reason! It's a particularly important game in both Mario's and the gaming industry's history, and so it makes a lot of sense to include an iconic character from the series. As such, I'm suggesting a pair of Bob-Omb Buddies - alongside a cannon. When they're driving around, the Buddies will drive - but using an item, they'll fire it out of the cannon due to their lack of arms! Don't worry, they won't detonate.

Mario Racer #06: Abraham Lincoln
First Appearance: Mario's Time Machine (1993)

One of the standout members of Mario's Time Machine's star-studded cast, Abraham Lincoln is a character recognised the world over for... some other stuff I guess. Unfortunately, Bowser stole his spectacles, so Mario had to travel in time to rescue them! Also, he was seen as so important that he was added to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U as a playable character, getting his own splash screen. Few characters in the Mario series have so much history!

Unfortunately I don't think I can allow Lincoln or Bellhop Goomba - the prior is only a Mario character by technicality and the latter is basically just an alternate costume for an already-submitted character. I totally love the ideas though, and everything else is fine!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Sanrio wheel will be Kitty's face
  1. Dreamworks Dragons = 4
  2. Monster Hunter = 5
  3. My Little Pony = 7
  4. Animal Planet = 9
  5. Kentucky Derby = 14
  6. Jurassic Park = 15
Jurassic Park will be our next wheels only franchise!

Goomba

Daisy

Koopalings

Nabbit

Prince Peasley

Vivian

1. Jurassic
  2. Derby
  3. Animal Planet
Mario character submission:
Foreman Spike
View attachment 369553

Cappy

View attachment 369552

Kamek
View attachment 369551

Bowser Jr.
View attachment 369554

Rosalina
View attachment 369555

Tatanga
View attachment 369556

My votes:
1. Jurassic Park
2. HTTYD
3. Kentucky Derby
Toad

Birdo

Shy Guy

King Boo

Piranha Plant

Lakitu

Koopa Troopa

Petey Piranha

Dry Bones

King Bob-omb

Whomp

1. Mon Hunter
2. Animal Planet
3. Dragons
Kart Babies

Honey Queen

Funky Kong

Peachette

The Mario Brothers

Polterpup

1. MLP
2. Derby
3. How To Train Your Dragon
Votes
  1. Jurassic Park
  2. Animal Planet
  3. Kentucky Derby

Mario Characters

The Plumbing Pests (team racer including Shellcreeper, Sidestepper, and Fighter Fly)

Hammer Bro.

Boom Boom

Weird Mario

Roger the Potted Ghost

King Koopa (seperate from Bowser just so we can get one of his Super Show disguises as an alt)
1. Kentucky Derby
2. Monster Hunter
3. Animal Planet

Donkey Kong

Rocky Wrench

E. Gadd

Boo

Diddy Kong

Woody
Mouser

Baby Bros. (Duo of Baby Mario and Luigi)

DON BONGO HECC YEAHHHHHHH

Dr. Mario

Rex

Hookbill the Koopa

1. Jurassic Park
2. Kentucky Derby

3. MLP

Mario Racer #02: Brighton & Twila
First Appearance: Mario Party 6 (2004)

OH NO! THE SUN AND MOON ARE HAVING A STRONGLY-WORDED ARGUMENT! Brighton and Twila, the hosts of the sixth Mario Party, being Mario Party 6, would race together as a pair. Also, I'd like to suggest that their animations would be a little... shall we say, challenging toward each other. Nonetheless, they're able to work together juuuust enough to succeed. (Usually.)

Mario Racer #06: Fuzzy
First Appearance: Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island (1995)

The sole species in the family Dudim Phreykunoutonthis, if you touch Fuzzy, you'll get dizzy. Prepare for unoriginal and farcical jokes about how the power-ups in the Mario series are subtle references to various kinds of drugs, because that's funny, and certainly didn't get old back in 2010! Oh, and don't think too much about the ethics of a newborn baby being exposed to hallucenogenics.

Apologies to BlustersBest BlustersBest for not saying this earlier, it somehow flew under my radar, but Dr. Mario won't be elegible for the same reason as Bellhop Goomba. Sorry
  1. Fuzzy
  2. Bob-Omb Buddy
  3. Blue Toad and Bubble Baby Yoshi
  4. Ninji
  5. Brighton and Twila
  6. Gooper Blooper
  7. Hookbill
  8. Rex
  9. Don Bongo
  10. Baby Bros.
  11. Mouser
  12. Woody
  13. Diddy Kong
  14. Boo
  15. Professor E. Gadd
  16. Rocky Wrench
  17. Donkey Kong
  18. King Koopa
  19. Roger the Potted Ghost
  20. Weird Mario
  21. Boom Boom
  22. Hammer Bro
  23. Plumbing Pests
  24. Polterpup
  25. The Mario Brothers (Super Show)
  26. Peachette
  27. Funky Kong
  28. Babies
  29. Honey Queen
  30. Whomp
  31. King Bob-Omb
  32. Dry Bones
  33. Petey Piranha
  34. Koopa Troopa
  35. Lakitu
  36. Piranha Plant
  37. King Boo
  38. Shy Guy
  39. Birdo
  40. Toad
  41. Tatanga
  42. Rosalina
  43. Bowser Jr.
  44. Kamek
  45. Cappy
  46. Foreman Spike
  47. Vivian
  48. Prince Peasley
  49. Nabbit
  50. Koopalings
  51. Daisy
  52. Goomba

Please vote for your top 12
  1. 4
  2. 4
  3. 4
  4. 3
  5. 3
  6. 3
  7. 2
  8. 2
  9. 2
  10. 1
  11. 1
  12. 1

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  1. Donkey Kong
  2. King Koopa
  3. Daisy
  4. Diddy Kong
  5. Koopalings
  6. Petey
  7. Goomba
  8. Babies
  9. Peachette
  10. Hammer Bro
  11. Rex
  12. Woody
maxresdefault (11).jpg

Track: Bowser's Castle
I imagine this track being like a huge combination of the Mario Kart Bowser tracks and final castle levels from the Mario games taking lots of inspiration from them. Driving inside and outside the castle with many different paths to choose from, I picture this being one of the longest and hardest tracks.

Music: Orchestral Cover (Castle theme from Super Mario World)

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Plumber Pests
Blue Toad & Baby Yoshi
Bob-omb Buddy
Goomba
Whomp
Shy Guy
King Boo
Daisy
Birdo
Piranha Plant
Babies
Lakitu

Baby Park (same song as in Mario Kart)

Will start off doing 2 laps in a new theme park track before the route changes to have you do 4 laps in the classic track.

Pauline Cruiser (song would be remix of daisy cruiser from double dash)

Original track taking alot of inspiration from Daisy Cruiser. Original layout, Pauline theme, and now takes place at Night.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. DK
  2. Daisy
  3. King Boo
  4. Goomba
  5. Kamek
  6. Diddy
  7. Weird Mario
  8. Foreman Spike
  9. Shy Guy
  10. Bowser Junior
  11. Plumbing Pests
  12. King Koopa
Track 1: Waluigi Pinball (Waluigi Pinball - Mario Kart DS)

Track 2: Mario Bros. Plumbing

While mostly inspired by the Super Show's design of the MBP building, racers also go in and out of the building's piping system, which resembles the original arcade Mario Bros. Sidesteppers and Shellcreepers serve as hazards in these areas.

The music for this track is a medley consisting of The Plumber Rap and the original Mario Bros. theme from the arcade game.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Donkey Kong
2. Daisy
3. Rosalina
4. Bowser Jr.
5. Goomba
6. Toad
7. King Boo
8. Diddy Kong
9. Petey Piranha
10. King Bob-Omb
11. Koopa Troopa
12. Birdo

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Daisy
2. Vivian
3. King Koopa
4. Shy Guy
5. Whomp
6. Spike
7. Lakitu
8. Polterpup
9. Donkey Kong
10. Goomba
11. Plumbing Pests
12. Rocky Wrench

Speeding Bullets (Freshen Up!)

Really cool track from Mario Party 9 that invokes a lot of NSMB imagery.

New Donk City (Jump Up, Super Star!)

Lots more elements appear from other SMO kingdoms, both as hazards and background elements. Takes place during the festival.

Last edited:

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
1. Kamek
2. Nabbit
3. Spike
4. Rex
5. Hookbill
6. DON BONGO SWEEP
7. Whomp
8. Shy Guy
9. Baby Bros.
10. Rocky

Honorable mention to DK, I left him out because I will defo want to see him get a whole season down the line.

Track: Mario Land (6 Golden Coins)

The Mushroom Kingdom is all fine and dandy, but where are Marios' real stomping grounds? Drive the first two laps around a full circut of the 6 lands, then cransh on through Mario castle on the final lap, and watch out for though traps that wicked imposter Wario left for you!

Music Track: Athletic Theme (Super Mario Land 2)

Top Bottom