• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gobby's skin will be the Hobgoblin, Venom's will be Anti-Venom, JJJ's will be Spider-JJJ, and Morbius' will be his movie design

1. The Human Spider = 1
  2. Symbionite = 3
  3. Iron Spider = 4
  4. Bombastic Bag Man = 4
  5. Miles Morales = 5
Miles Morales will be Spider-Man's skin

Tomb Raider
View attachment 369211
Tomb Raider is a action-adventure video game franchise made by british game studio CORE Design and published by Eidos Interactive (those guys who also own Gex) and it's about an archeologist named Lara Croft who travels through mysterious lands in order to explore it and get a treasure.

Tomb Raider was a huge success and it's first game was so successful enough that became one of pop culture's video game landmarks that many people know to this day.
Heck, also the first game also spawned a franchise that contains games and movies.

Racers:
1. Lara Croft (She could use her 2013 appearance as default skin)
2. Alister Fletcher (Tomb raider legend design + Lara Croft's friend)
3. Winston Jeeves (Could use original design as default)

I think Tomb Raider could work as a main franchise since we have many vehicles and tracks to pick since this franchise has many possibilities.
Plus this franchise is also an example where female character can be a main protagonist as well.
1. Miles Morales
2. Human Spider Spider-Man

Female-Centric Franchise:

Resubmitting Metroid

H2x1_CharacterHub_Metroid_image1600w.jpg

This franchise recently got a return through Metroid Dread. It’s even getting the Prime Trilogy Remastered on the Switch. Plus, Samus was supposed to appear in Fortnite. Now, its makes greater waves right here in DriDim. Lots of ideas for characters, tracks, karts, etc.

This would make our (technically fourth) Nintendo IP in DriDim as well if Metroid were to join.

Racers:

Samus (the main character)

674-6742215_metroid-prime-samus-png-transparent-png.png

Ridley (the main antagonist)

183-1838145_ridley-metroid-super-metroid-ridley-art-hd-png.png

Sylux (he just looks cool)

150px-Sylux_mph_Artwork_2.png
Bluey - Bluey, Bandit, Muffin

We technically didn't actually get a preschool franchise by the strictest definition in Dr. Seuss, and what better choice than the franchise taking under and over 6s by storm? Items would be especially fun for this round given the creative ways the pups use their toys.
Touhou Project

Reimu
Marisa
Remilia

Not too familar with the series but do know it has a dedicated fanbase & alot of potential material to work with.
1. Iron Spider
2. Symbionite

Hello Kitty

View attachment 369219

Hello Kitty is a franchise made for merchandise and by Sanrio, Hello Kitty is not just have products to sell,Hello Kitty have cartoons.

Characters: Hello Kitty, My Melody and Keroppi
Spidey Votes
  1. Miles
  2. Bombastic
Female-Centric Franchise: Splatoon

Okay, this one I'm a bit iffy on, but since the female characters are given the most marketing (the idols, Inkling Girl being the default in Smash, etc.), I might well throw caution to the wind here. Saul good if it gets vetoed, though - I have a backup in mind (one that I know a lot less about, but still).

The racers are...
  • Inkling Team (four female Inklings with varying outfits and hair)
  • Octoling Team (four female Octolings with varying outfits and hair)
  • The Squid Sisters
Mary Poppins

I just think it’d be neat and it has a good collection of weird locales and whimsical things that would be cool for a season.
Characters: Mary Poppins, Bert, Jane & Michael

Disney Princesses
Snow White, Cinderella, Mulan
This idea has been mentioned before but I think it makes sense. A lot of these ips would struggle to fill a full season but together I think it would be cool. We could feasibly include the princess and sidekicks too. If we go by the actual princess branding then that does mean we can't do frozen but there's still a bunch of iconic films here.

I was gonna go Sailor Moon but I figure we'd struggle to fill out a full season
My Little Pony

One of the most popular series of toys and merchandise.

Characters:
Twilight Sparkle
Rainbow Dash
Sunny Starscout
Stranger Things

Eleven, Scoops Troop (Steve, Robin, Dustin, Erica), and Demogorgon

Stranger Things is an extremely popular Netflix show starring the central character Eleven, a young psychic. You basically can't go five feet without seeing merch for this show, it's basically the Star Wars of today's generation in how prolific it is for all of pop culture. I think it's a shoe-in.
  1. Stranger Things
  2. My Little Pony
  3. Disney Princess
  4. Mary Poppins
  5. Splatoon
  6. Sanrio/Hello Kitty
  7. Touhou Project
  8. Bluey
  9. Metroid
  10. Tomb Raider

Please vote for your top 5
  1. 3
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 1
  5. 1

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a new mode for Story Mode!

Submit a new original track for Story Mode!

The brainwashed racer this time is violent and alien-like, so you may want to use those aspects, but please make sure you don't directly reference their source material.

D

Deleted member

1. Saniro
2. MLP
3. Metroid
4. Stranger Things
5. Disney

Last edited by a moderator:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Story Mode track: DMA (Drift Martial Arts)

You race around an arena in ten short laps where you could basically drift the whole time if you wanted to. The fight going on inside is between two random racers who aren't in play, and they fight by basically driving towards each other or drifting around each other, very mundane stuff. The audience consists of both humans and aliens in the same artstyle as the Generix family.

Story Mode...mode: FORE!!!! (get it? cuz it's the fourth story mode update? i'm sorry)

Based on golf, every character takes turns, with the camera focusing on whoever's turn it is (and that person can look at the map to see who's where). On your turn, you choose an item (Oil Tank, Tacks, Dummy Wheel, or Force Field), and can use it, but the vehicle can't accelerate with any other means. So you could use an Oil Tank but only be able to go left and right. You also can't drift infinitely like in CTR. There are other items visible on the track (like Speed Bomb and Homing Missile), but require risky boosts with the Oil Tank in order to obtain. The round is over after all players have crossed the finish line once, and scoring is the same as golf. There is a variant for 9 laps and one for 18 laps.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
FORE!! will be the new mode by default

Story Mode track: DMA (Drift Martial Arts)

You race around an arena in ten short laps where you could basically drift the whole time if you wanted to. The fight going on inside is between two random racers who aren't in play, and they fight by basically driving towards each other or drifting around each other, very mundane stuff. The audience consists of both humans and aliens in the same artstyle as the Generix family.

Story Mode...mode: FORE!!!! (get it? cuz it's the fourth story mode update? i'm sorry)

Based on golf, every character takes turns, with the camera focusing on whoever's turn it is (and that person can look at the map to see who's where). On your turn, you choose an item (Oil Tank, Tacks, Dummy Wheel, or Force Field), and can use it, but the vehicle can't accelerate with any other means. So you could use an Oil Tank but only be able to go left and right. You also can't drift infinitely like in CTR. There are other items visible on the track (like Speed Bomb and Homing Missile), but require risky boosts with the Oil Tank in order to obtain. The round is over after all players have crossed the finish line once, and scoring is the same as golf. There is a variant for 9 laps and one for 18 laps.

DriftCon
An interdimensionl convention, you'd drive through a convention center full of March stalls and cosplayers. There would be posters and stuff that would build out the lore of the main DriDim universe.
  1. DriftCon
  2. DMA (Drift Martial Arts)
Please vote here

1. Touhou Project - 3
  2. Stranger Things - 6
  3. Bluey - 8
  4. Tomb Raider - 9
  5. Mary Poppins - 9
  6. Splatoon - 11
  7. My Little Pony - 12
  8. Metroid - 15
  9. Disney Princess - 17
  10. Sanrio/Hello Kitty - 20
Hello Kitty and her Sanrio friends are joining the race! Courtesy of DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 , the first 3 racers will be Kitty herself, Kero Kero Kerropi, and My Melody!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit up to 3 Hello Kitty racers!
These can be any original Sanrio character, even if they aren't part of the Hello Kitty universe - so Jewelpet or Aggretsuko is on the table. I won't be allowing Mr. Men or Peanuts characters however.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Goku's track will be Drift Martial Arts

Badtz Maru

Kiki and Lala

PomPomPurin

Kuromi

Pochacco

Retsuko
Plasmagica

Nyago

Button Nose
View attachment 369320
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥💪💪💪Big Challenges😎😎😎🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊#BigChallengesSweep
  1. Big Challenges
  2. Button Nose
  3. Nyago
  4. Plasmagica
  5. Chococat
  6. Cinnamoroll
  7. Dear Daniel
  8. Retsuko
  9. Pochacco
  10. Kuromi
  11. Peckle
  12. TuxedoSam
  13. Gudetama
  14. PomPomPurin
  15. Kiki and Lala
  16. Bad Badtz Maru
Please vote for your top 7
Normal DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26

D

Deleted member

1. Gudetama
2. Pom Pom Purin
3. Bad Badtz Maru
4. Tuxedo Sam
6. Retsuko
7. Big Challenges

Last edited by a moderator:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Cherrytown (Music: Hello Kitty Super Style! theme song)

You drive around the town as all of the neighbors help each other out with their daily lives. If you don't abide by the rules of the road (which is mainly just don't go off the road and don't ignore traffic lights), Rio (or someone else, I don't know the characters very well) stops your car for a full five seconds while holding a stop sign and looking quite annoyed.

The Theater (Music: I'm Not Afraid)
1678806081244.jpeg

Based on the Hello Kitty's Animation Theater episode, Phantom of the Theater. Everything seems fine at first in lap 1, lap 2 starts the spooky hijinx (Luigi's Mansion level scares and the like), but thankfully by the end of lap 3 you learn that Mowzer has just been playing pranks on the racers.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If you don't abide by the rules of the road (which is mainly just don't go off the road and don't ignore traffic lights), Rio (or someone else, I don't know the characters very well) stops your car for a full five seconds while holding a stop sign and looking quite annoyed.
I find this pretty funny for some reason.

Just imagine being one of the people living in Cherrytown and you see the freaking Tumbler from goddamn Batman speeding past followed by a guy and his dog riding on an elephant, as well others like a fire breathing turtle driving a time travelling car, a yellow man in a shoe on wheels, and many more absurdness.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Chococat
  2. Dear Daniel
  3. Peckle
  4. Kiki and Lala
  5. Button Nose - 1
  6. Nyago - 2
  7. Cinnamoroll - 2
  8. Plasmagica - 3
  9. Pochacco - 6
  10. PomPomPurin - 9
  11. Gudetama - 12
  12. TuxedoSam - 13
  13. Kuromi - 14
  14. Retsuko - 17
  15. Bad Badtz Maru - 15
  16. Big Challenges - 20
The 3 new racers will be Retsuko, Bad Badtz Maru, and - finally seeing daylight after 44 years in the archives - Big Challenges!
  1. Badtz Maru
  2. Retsuko
  3. #BigChallengesSweep
  4. Gudetama
  5. Tuxedo Sam
  6. Kuromi
  7. PomPomPurin

Track 1: Sanrio Puroland (Opening Theme - Hello Kitty's Paradise)

A fictional version of the amusement park in Tokyo.
Cherrytown (Music: Hello Kitty Super Style! theme song)

You drive around the town as all of the neighbors help each other out with their daily lives. If you don't abide by the rules of the road (which is mainly just don't go off the road and don't ignore traffic lights), Rio (or someone else, I don't know the characters very well) stops your car for a full five seconds while holding a stop sign and looking quite annoyed.

The Theater (Music: I'm Not Afraid)
View attachment 369358
Based on the Hello Kitty's Animation Theater episode, Phantom of the Theater. Everything seems fine at first in lap 1, lap 2 starts the spooky hijinx (Luigi's Mansion level scares and the like), but thankfully by the end of lap 3 you learn that Mowzer has just been playing pranks on the racers.
  1. The Theater
  2. Cherrytown
  3. Puroland
Please vote here for elimination

Top Bottom