• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I like the rules Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Wacky Races was really close but Super Mario deserves to be the first crossover, great first choice and congrats to FazDude FazDude . Moving to my submission:

My 3 Mario Characters:

Luigi, Peach and Foreman Spike

Luigi_NSMBUDX.png
png-transparent-princess-peach-super-mario-bros-super-princess-peach-peach-super-mario-bros-vi...png
7dccc1dcc9cce900ce3314d3ad75175cc65ed9957bddba5c762b1a5fa46ed87e_1.jpg

Luigi and Peach are no-brainers due to being other iconic Mario characters. Plus, if we get a Wacky Races crossover, I would love to see Peach and Pitstop in the same game. Foreman Spike is the out-of-left-field pick and here to promote his return in the upcoming Mario movie. Overall, a solid trio here to join Drifting Dimensions!

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Peach and King Boo have already been submitted. I also won't allow Captain Toad as he could potentially be a skin for the already submitted Toad
I mean in all fairness, wouldn't the same go for Toadette being a skin of toad or vice versa? Or is it something with their voices being dissimilar?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I mean in all fairness, wouldn't the same go for Toadette being a skin of toad or vice versa? Or is it something with their voices being dissimilar?
It's primarily a case of Captain Toad, even if he is a seperate character canonically, not having many personality or non-outfit body differences from Toad, compared to Toadette having her own personality and a different cap shape. I also don't want one submission to cannibalise the other.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Daisy
  2. Goomba
  3. Toadette
  4. Luigi
  5. Peach
  6. Foreman Spike
  7. Piranha Plant
  8. King Bob-Omb
  9. Cappy and Tiara
  10. King Boo
  11. Nabbit
  12. Professor E. Gadd
  13. Toad
  14. Hammer Bro
  15. Petey Piranha
  16. Dry Bones
  17. Lakitu
  18. Kamek
  19. Yoshi
  20. Birdo
  21. Koopa Troopa
  22. Bowser Jr.
  23. Rosalina
  24. Shy Guy
  25. Donkey Kong
  26. Diddy Kong
  27. Wario
Thank you SO much for the overwhelming engagement! Please vote for your top 6 - here's the points guide

RankingAverage player - 11 total FazDude FazDude - 13 total
13 points3 points
22 points3 points
32 points2 points
42 points2 points
51 point2 points
61 point1 point
Please vote for the characters you want, not the characters you think are deserving!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit up to 2 tracks from the Mario universe and their music tracks!
I don't need any extra details or maps, though those would be appreciated. Note that water and gliding don't exist in this game so keep that in mind. Note that the music tracks here would be new remixes so don't worry too much about linking the correct version or whatever.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Tracks: Bowser's Castle and Delfino Plaza

Bowser's Castle music: King Bowser (Mario 3)
Delfino Plaza music: Delfino Plaza (Mario Sunshine)

1. Luigi
2. Peach
3. Toad
4. Yoshi
5. Donkey Kong
6. Wario

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Tracks: Coconut Mall (Wii) and Mushroom City (GCN)

Coconut Mall music: Remixed version
Mushroom City music: Some kind of new remix

1. Yoshi
  2. Peach
  3. Donkey Kong
  4. Toad
  5. Bowser Jr.
  6. Wario

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Luigi
2. Peach
3. Donkey Kong
4. Wario
5. Yoshi
6. Goomba

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Donkey Kong
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Foreman Spike
5. Yoshi
6. Wario

All good nominations but I feel the more commonly known characters should get into Drifting Dimensions.

My tracks: Mario Kart Stadium (Mario Kart 8) and Mushroom Gorge (Mario Kart Wii). Two tracks from two of the most popular Mario Kart games, one regular circuit and one more outlandish racetrack.

The music for both tracks will be their vanilla themes but remixed for this game.

C6364DF9-61DB-4053-8702-9169F3E41749.png

EE33BD63-38DA-408B-8158-61838A4AFCF3.png

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I should note that Mario tracks don't need to be based on something from Mario Kart.

1. Donkey Kong
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Foreman Spike
5. Yoshi
6. Wario

All good nominations but I feel the more commonly known characters should get into Drifting Dimensions.

My tracks: Mario Kart Stadium (Mario Kart 8) and Mushroom Gorge (Mario Kart Wii). Two tracks from two of the most popular Mario Kart games, one regular circuit and one more outlandish racetrack.

View attachment 361467
View attachment 361469
You didn't include the music

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Peach
Toad
King Boo
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Lakitu

Tracks
Luigi's Mansion (DS)
Wario Stadium (64)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Peach
Toad
King Boo
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Lakitu

Tracks
Luigi's Mansion (DS)
Wario Stadium (64)
You didn't include the music tracks

Also, I should note that these tracks, for the most part, would not be directly ported from a previous Mario Kart game. They'd have new layouts, so there's no need to tag which Mario Kart game they're from.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
You didn't include the music tracks

Also, I should note that these tracks, for the most part, would not be directly ported from a previous Mario Kart game. They'd have new layouts, so there's no need to tag which Mario Kart game they're from.
Fair enough, for music i think the songs would just be remixes of the particular mario kart tracks these courses would be inspired by.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Daisy
Cappy & Tiara
Luigi
Dry Bones
Spike
Goomba

Tracks: Koopa Cape and World 1

The former is a really fast and fun track from Mario Kart Wii (one of the best tracks in the series, in my opinion) and the latter is an original, 3-part track that is a 3D interpretation of 1-1, 1-2, and 1-4 of Super Mario Bros.

I'll add music tracks tonight

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
DK
Yoshi
Peach
Lugi
Spike
Goomba

Tracks: Koopa Cape and World 1

The former is a really fast and fun track from Mario Kart 7 (one of the best tracks in the series, in my opinion) and the latter is an original, 3-part track that is a 3D interpretation of 1-1, 1-2, and 1-4 of Super Mario Bros.
Also depending on the kind of karting gameplay we have we might need to adjust the gliding parts of Koopa Cape.

I'll add music tracks tonight
Well, Koopa Cape did debut in a game without gliding!

Top Bottom