• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

D

Deleted member

1. Wacky Races
2. Hot Wheels
3. Transfomers
4. Cars

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

sheetmusic_wide-06d99f83671f71be7e9b3a70c09b941c6d9138c6-s1100-c50.jpg

Drifting Symphonies
Players drive on sheet music bars as notes fly through the track, taking place in a white space with notes and musical instruments flying around. The track would twist around to match the music, think kind of like Band Land from Rayman. The background music would be a melody of various iconic peicies of classical music.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pit Stop HP will be the new mode by default

View attachment 369836
Drifting Symphonies
Players drive on sheet music bars as notes fly through the track, taking place in a white space with notes and musical instruments flying around. The track would twist around to match the music, think kind of like Band Land from Rayman. The background music would be a melody of various iconic peicies of classical music.
1. Cars
2. Disney Parks
3. Wacky Racers
4. Sega

Jukebox Jumble

A track taking place inside a giant jukebox, including bubble-filled neon tubes and a final stretch for each lap taking a full loop on a giant record
  1. Jukebox Jumble
  2. Drifting Symphonies

1. Kamen Rider
  2. Mad Max - 8
  3. Thomas & Friends - 8
  4. Sega Arcade - 11
  5. Transformers - 12
  6. Cars - 12
  7. Disney Parks - 12
  8. Hot Wheels - 16
  9. Wacky Races - 21
And now here they are, the most daredevil group of daffy drivers to take their place in the way-out Wacky Races!
This series will have the regular 6 racers and 13 different cars - however, since there are 11 racers in Wacky Races, we'll be including all their cars by default only be submitting 2 cars - these can come from spin-off material, be one-off gags from episodes, or even be some kind of original concept. The first 3 racers will be Dastardly and Muttley, Penelope Pitstop, and The Slag Brothers.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Vote on the next 3 Wacky Racers!
Rather than submitting, I've taken all the original racers and curated all the viable spin-off characters, if there's someone I missed you can provide a "write-in" this time around.
  1. The Gruesome Twosome
  2. Professor Pat Pending
  3. Red Max
  4. Sargent Max and Private Meekly
  5. Ant Hill Mob
  6. Luke and Blubber Bear
  7. Peter Perfect
  8. Rufus Ruffcut and Sawtooth
  9. Yankee Doodle Pigeon
  10. Klunk and Zilly
  11. Sylvester Sneekly
  12. Mumbly (solo)
  13. Mumbly and the Dread Baron
  14. I.Q Uickly
  15. Pandora Pitstop
Please vote for your top 5
Normal AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Submit up to 2 Wacky Races vehicles!
All of the original vehicles have been added already, so you'll need to be creative this time - these can come from spin-off material, be one-off gags from episodes, or even be some kind of original concept.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Ant Hill Mob
2. Gruesome Twosome
3. Luke and Blubber Bear
4. Pat Pending
5. Rufus and Sawtooth

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My vehicles will be used by default

1. Red Max
  2. Mumbly and the Dread Baron
  3. I.Q Uickly
  4. Mumbly (solo) = 1
  5. Pandora Pitstop = 1
  6. Klunk and Zilly = 1
  7. Rufus Ruffcut and Sawtooth = 2
  8. Yankee Doodle Pigeon = 2
  9. Sylvester Sneekly = 4
  10. Professor Pat Pending = 4
  11. Peter Perfect = 5
  12. Sargent Blast and Private Meekly = 7
  13. Luke and Blubber Bear = 8
  14. The Gruesome Twosome = 9
  15. Ant Hill Mob = 18
The next 3 racers will be Luke and Blubber Bear, the Ant Hill Mob, and the Gruesome Twosome

Miku's track will be Drifting Symphonies

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit up to 2 Wacky Races tracks!
Please include an image - music tracks are optional this time around

Submit the Wacky Races items!
  1. Oil Tank - gives you a boost forwards
  2. Tacks - can be placed on the track as a trap
  3. Flame Power - Invincibility
  4. Exploding Traffic Light - Timed Bomb
  5. Homing Missile - Tracks down First Place.
  6. Dummy Wheel - Slides across the ground
  7. Speed Bomb - swaps around places of whoever it hits
  8. Ice Crystal - can be thrown as weak but rapid projectiles
  9. Force Field - single-use shield

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Laff-A-Lympics

Dash through a variety of olympic events, avoiding hammer throws; jumping over poles; and even narrowly avoiding swimming pools.

Creepy Trip to Lemon Twist

A deserted ghost town with a single (mortal) enhabitant - dodge all the traps set up by Dastardly and Muttley in your path. At the end of the course, you'll find yourself in a more mountainous area, a reference to an animation error from the episode.

For my Wacky Races item sub, certain items will be left intact.
  1. Oil Tank
  2. Tacks
  3. Monster Truck Wheels - Flame Power
  4. Dynamite - Exploding Traffic Light
  5. Piano - Homing Missile
  6. Dummy Wheel
  7. Yankee Doodle Pigeon - Speed Bomb
  8. Smoke Bombs - Ice Crystal
  9. Fake path painting - Force Field (custom appearance per track)

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
By Rollercoaster to Upsan Downs
holiday.png

Racing from Slipover, New Jersey to Upsan Downs, the racers drive over a realistic painted chasm (Can be rare to fall in) and head towards Holiday Park as the track switches taking a turn into the park going through the many rides such as the roller coaster, House of Horrors, merry go around, Mater Horn, and Dodg-em. After that, they get out of the park and back to the race for the finish line.
(If someone's in first there will be a rare chance that they'll get out of their vehicle and LITERALLY step on the line, a reference to Meekly doing this)

Beat the Clock to Yellow Rock
catcus inn.png

Heading for Well Digger, Wyoming, the racers find themslves going through locations such as Watta Butte, Dread Valley, and Catcus Canyon, as well jumping across the Grand Canyon itself. After that, they enter the national park itself full of geysers that launch you upwards and bears who'll try to hijack your vehicle.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My items will be used by default
Laff-A-Lympics

Dash through a variety of olympic events, avoiding hammer throws; jumping over poles; and even narrowly avoiding swimming pools.

Creepy Trip to Lemon Twist

A deserted ghost town with a single (mortal) enhabitant - dodge all the traps set up by Dastardly and Muttley in your path. At the end of the course, you'll find yourself in a more mountainous area, a reference to an animation error from the episode.

For my Wacky Races item sub, certain items will be left intact.
  1. Oil Tank
  2. Tacks
  3. Monster Truck Wheels - Flame Power
  4. Dynamite - Exploding Traffic Light
  5. Piano - Homing Missile
  6. Dummy Wheel
  7. Yankee Doodle Pigeon - Speed Bomb
  8. Smoke Bombs - Ice Crystal
  9. Fake path painting - Force Field (custom appearance per track)
By Rollercoaster to Upsan Downs
View attachment 369917
Racing from Slipover, New Jersey to Upsan Downs, the racers drive over a realistic painted chasm (Can be rare to fall in) and head towards Holiday Park as the track switches taking a turn into the park going through the many rides such as the roller coaster, House of Horrors, merry go around, Mater Horn, and Dodg-em. After that, they get out of the park and back to the race for the finish line.
(If someone's in first there will be a rare chance that they'll get out of their vehicle and LITERALLY step on the line, a reference to Meekly doing this)

Beat the Clock to Yellow Rock
View attachment 369919
Heading for Well Digger, Wyoming, the racers find themslves going through locations such as Watta Butte, Dread Valley, and Catcus Canyon, as well jumping across the Grand Canyon itself. After that, they enter the national park itself full of geysers that launch you upwards and bears who'll try to hijack your vehicle.
  1. Beat the Clock to Yellow Rock
  2. By Rollercoaster to Upsan Downs
  3. Creepy Trip to Lemon Twist
  4. Laff-A-Lympics
Please vote for your top 2
Normal AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

And that ends our shortest major season yet!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a crossover season with teams!

Credit to Jageruzumaki on DeviantArt

Please submit a crossover franchise where all racers are teams between multiple universes! You can submit a specific crossover or an entire brand - for example, if you submit "Super Smash Bros.", you'll be able to add Sonic and Steve but Waluigi and a Rhythm Heaven character will be off-limits, and vice versa if you submit "Nintendo". You can also be a little more selective if you wish - for instance you could submit exclusively "Nickelodeon 90s" instead of Nickelodeon as a whole or exclusively "Sega Dreamcast" instead of Sega as a whole. That being said, cross-company content will only be allowed if it's based on an existing crossover IP or the rights are only separate in certain regions (FOP's Nelvana issues for example). Please include an image and the first 3 teams. This will not disconfirm any solo seasons. Crossovers that already take place in a single universe (for instance, The Avengers) won't be allowed, but crossovers with very small universe pools (such as Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games) will be allowed

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nicktoons

A set of cartoons as varied as they are intertwined. We'll probably avoid the megaIPs like Avatar, TMNT, Garfield, and SpongeBob this time around (though I won't have rules against them either)
  1. Gross-Out Gang (Ren, Stimpy, (Ren & Stimpy) Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life), and CatDog (CatDog))
  2. Tween Heroes (Jimmy (Jimmy Neutron), Timmy (The Fairly OddParents), Jenny (My Life as a Teenage Robot), and Danny (Danny Phantom)
  3. Next-Gen Nick (Lincoln, Luna, Lucy (The Loud House), Rock, Paper, and Scissors (Rock Paper Scissors))

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Laff-A-Lympics
2. Creepy Trip to Lemon Twist

Crossover Franchise Between Teams:

I do not know if this counts since I believe you said we were allowed to submit whole franchises and not just franchises that focused on crossovers but:

WildBrain Studios

068F622A-3A42-4D8E-9206-1D2460DA6B27.png

One of the bigger media companies these days with lots of obscure names. It would be fun to see them be represented in a huge crossover like this since I feel most WildBrain IPs wouldn’t work as standalone full seasons.

Teams:

Team Cookie Jar/CINAR:
Papa Beaver, Wimzie (Wimzie’s House) and Johnny Test

Team DiC Entertainment: Inspector Gadget, Riff-Raff (Catillac Cats) and Sarah (Liberty’s Kids)

Team Halifax Entertainment: Bo (Bo on the Go!), Lunar Jim and Babu (The Mighty Jungle)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Laff-A-Lympics
2. Creepy Trip to Lemon Twist

Crossover Franchise Between Teams:

I do not know if this counts since I believe you said we were allowed to submit whole franchises and not just franchises that focused on crossovers but:

WildBrain Studios

View attachment 369979

One of the bigger media companies these days with lots of obscure names. It would be fun to see them be represented in a huge crossover like this.

Teams:

Team Cookie Jar/CINAR:
David the Gnome, Caillou and Johnny Test

Team DiC Entertainment: Inspector Gadget, Heathcliff and Sarah (Liberty’s Kids)

Team Halifax Entertainment: Bo (Bo on the Go!), Lunar Jim and Babu (The Mighty Jungle)
I will allow this, but I unfortunately won't be able to allow Heathcliff, David, or Caillou due to being adaptations and not directly-owned WildBrain properties. I will allow the Catillac Cats characters however.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Just changed my characters, I hope they are acceptable for the round now
These should be fine! I did some research into Papa Beaver and, while his show is also an adaptation, I can't find anything about an original publisher copyright in his show's credits so I'm going to assume that this iteration of him is fully WildBrain-owned.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Marvel Vs. Capcom

This is the series that comes to mind when discussing crossovers. Take two giants of their respective industries and mash them up to get an iconic series of fighting games. Lots of really cool content we could pull from both sides here. All racers are teams of 3 to call back to the game's tag mechanic.

The first three teams would be And Justice For All! (Captain America, X, Jill Valentine), Uphill Battle (Roll, Dan, Shumah-Gorath), and The Big Guns (Dante, War Machine, Rocket Raccoon).

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Laff-A-Lympics (Yogi Bear season when)
  2. Beat the Clock
Crossover Franchise: SAGE (Sonic Amateur Games Expo)

This one's REALLY broad, so saul good if it's vetoed, but I feel like it'd be fun to celebrate a fangame event, especially considering we already have Sega on board with our Sonic season. Plus, even if we ignore Sonic fan games/characters specifically, there's a lot to work with!

The teams are...
  • The Speedsters (Spark the Electric Jester, Lilac [Freedom Planet], Classic Sonic)
  • The SmashBoards Funny Characters Arcade Crew (Peppino [Pizza Tower], Anton [Antonball], Annalynn)
  • The Grab Bag (Beebz [Demon Turf], Glovekid [Super Glovekid], Melodii [Scratchin' Melodii])
I considered Snick for a moment, but he would probably count as a second Pizza Tower rep so I decided against it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Laff-A-Lympics (Yogi Bear season when)
  2. Beat the Clock
Crossover Franchise: SAGE (Sonic Amateur Games Expo)

This one's REALLY broad, so saul good if it's vetoed, but I feel like it'd be fun to celebrate a fangame event, especially considering we already have Sega on board with our Sonic season. Plus, even if we ignore Sonic fan games/characters specifically, there's a lot to work with!

The teams are...
  • The Speedsters (Spark the Electric Jester, Lilac [Freedom Planet], Classic Sonic)
  • The SmashBoards Funny Characters Arcade Crew (Peppino [Pizza Tower], Anton [Antonball], Annalynn)
  • The Grab Bag (Beebz [Demon Turf], Glovekid [Super Glovekid], Melodii [Scratchin' Melodii])
I considered Snick for a moment, but he would probably count as a second Pizza Tower rep so I decided against it.
I really like this idea, but I unfortunately can't allow it since it isn't really a "brand" so to speak, or at the very least the games featured don't fall under a single brand.

That being said, I would've allowed Snick alongside Peppino if I did allow it.

FazDude

Smash Master
I really like this idea, but I unfortunately can't allow it since it isn't really a "brand" so to speak, or at the very least the games featured don't fall under a single brand.

That being said, I would've allowed Snick alongside Peppino if I did allow it.
Welp, worth a shot. Backup time.

Fraymakers

We can still get Peppino in this one, but for now, we'll get the playable fighters out of the way.
  • Orcane & Octodad
  • CommanderVideo & Welltaro
  • Ultra Fishbujin 3000 & The Watcher

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Universal Monsters

Would take inspiration from not just their movie incarnations but their original source material as well
Teams:
  • Team Classic Monsters (Frankenstein, Dracula, Invisible Man)
  • Team Ghoul Power (Bride of Frankenstein, Marya Zaleska, She-Wolf of London)
  • Team Human (Victor Frankenstein, Igor, Van Helsing)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Universal Monsters

Would take inspiration from not just their movie incarnations but their original source material as well
Teams:
  • Team Classic Monsters (Frankenstein, Dracula, Invisible Man)
  • Team Ghoul Power (Bride of Frankenstein, Marya Zaleska, She-Wolf of London)
  • Team Human (Victor Frankenstein, Igor, Van Helsing)
I love this idea, but again I unfortunately don't think I can allow it since Universal Monsters is technically a single franchise as it stands today, even if the characters were originally intended as separate mythos by the book authors - kinda the same deal as with Pac-Man. Apologies. I think I maybe should've been more specific in my opening that the media represented needs to be from different franchises/universes

Last edited:
Crossover team:
Playstation/Sony Interactive entertainment
1680011540591.png
Sony Interactive entertainment is a company that is responsible for making first party Playstation games and it's owned by Japanese multimedia franchise Sony. Sony Interactive Entertainment is one of most famous video game companies alongside Nintendo, SEGA, Namco and Microsoft.
It was found in 26.11.1993 and it was meant to be Sony's video game/console company to rivalize with SEGA and Nintendo in 90's. They still make games and consoles to this day as you know.

So, if we have Nintendo content and Microsoft content in our game, I feel that we should a Sony season in our game to balance the content from Microsoft and Nintendo franchises.

Racer teams:
Team PS1: Parappa the Rapper, Sir Dan Fortesque and Toro Inune (They represent the first PS console).
Team PS2/3: Kratos, Ratchet & Clank and Sackboy (They represent the 2000's PS consoles: Playstation 2 and 3).
Team PS4/5: Aloy, Joel & Ellie and Astro bot (They represent the modern PS consoles: Playstation 4 and 5).

We can obviously allow video game characters that are owned by Sony (This means that 1st party characters who appeared or never appeared in PSABR game are allowed) in this season.
(This also would apply to characters like Q*Bert or Lemmings (It's just an example).

Last edited:
Top Bottom