• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

D

Deleted member

1. Kingdom Hearts
2. Final Fantasy
3. Persona
4. Mass Effect
5. Fire Emblem

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
STAR WARS IS BACK!
After what? 3 years? Very long wait. Technically like 2 weeks if you count all the spin-off stuff that aren't really spin-offs. but anyway, following the success of Palpatine's broadcast in Fortnite, Disney are yet again interested in using a F2P crossover game to patch up some plotholes for their latest blockbuster - you see, somehow, Darth Vader returned.
Submit an explanation for how Darth Vader is suddenly not dead, and why he is evil again!
This can be as bat**** insane and insulting as you want, but if you want to try and make this stupid idea logical somehow you can do that too.

Submit the format this reveal will be done in!
Will there be a special open-driving area to watch it? Will it be a unique boss race? Will it be a tiny Easter Egg on an existing Star Wars track? So on.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Darth Vader format: For the day of the event, the Death Star is included in all ranked play stage pools - when you play on it, be it through online or otherwise, you can hear Darth Vader announce his return, as well as some added props related to the piece of lore

Explanation: Anakin was elaborately framed by the REAL Darth Vader through brainwashing, and Luke killed his completely innocent dad for nothing. After many close calls, Star Wars is officially ruined forever.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Appearance: All players can participate in the "Darth Vader challenge", a set of achievements like "ram into two Rebel droids on the Endor map". After completing them all, players will receive the Darth Vader racer for free (or an equivalent amount of Miniverses if they already have Vader) and a Thank You note from the Empire, which states "Please enjoy this token of appreciation in anticipation of Lord Vader's return."

Explanation: The Dark Side of Anakin knew that his Light Side would show itself again one day. To prepare for this eventual shift, Vader planned that before it happened, he would transfer all of his Force energy into a nearby object (a technique Disney will explain in a new $14.99 book that releases sometime after Episode 10), that object being his mask. (this is why it calls out to Kylo Ren later on, wasn't just hallucinations!) This is what happens right before he throws Palpatine. So Vader waits until Palpatine has died a 2nd time, fearing the emperor would kill him instantly because of Anakin's past mutiny. He then uses the Force and his past knowledge of droids to make himself a mechanical body, being abandoned in a scrapped star destroyer once belonging to Kylo Ren. He then sets off in another scrapped vehicle (his old TIE Fighter), seeking revenge on the Rebel Alliance.

I don't think it's possible for Star Wars to be good if you bring back Vader, especially not in Disney's hands, but I did my best.

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy
3. Digimon
4. D&D
5. Persona

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Appearance: Darth Vader recieves a new skin, simply called "Vader Reborn". He wears the melted mask from Force Awakens, and looks almost robotic. It is shadowdropped without so much as a Twitter announcement.
Since the format and actual lore are separate jobs, your submission will need to be applicable to any other potential submissions.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Persona
3. Mass Effect
4. Final Fantasy
5. D&D

Vader Explanation: On his home planet of Tatooine there exists seven magic artifacts called the Kyber Balls. Once all are gathered you can make any wish you want! Vader’s secret evil apprentice Darth Kuum’petent collected all balls and made a wish to bring Vader back. The Kyber Balls are never explained again.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So it has to be removed enough from the lore as to be applicable to any scenario of "Vader returns" but specific enough to detail that he does actually return?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So it has to be removed enough from the lore as to be applicable to any scenario of "Vader returns" but specific enough to detail that he does actually return?
Yeah, it basically needs to be a format to show the lore. See my submission as an example. I think the lore could fit pretty easily into your submission by being part of the Thank You note

FazDude

Smash Master
Not really a Star Wars guy, but I'll give it a fair shake.

Vader Explanation:
I wanted to go about this in a way that would not only be respectful to previous Star Wars movies, but something I think would be an interesting story to tell (inb4 this kind of premise has already been done in some elseworlds story)

See, the Anakin/Vader we know from the original trilogy is still dead. He ain't coming back. Rather, this new Anakin/Vader is from a reality where not only is he alive and well, but the Empire actually triumphed over the Rebels, allowing them to grow in power (leading into some cool new upgraded ships) and find a way to use warpspeed to travel between realities, which is what led them to the reality where Rey and all the other sequel guys are hanging out. Cue films 10-12!

Still keeps our Vader "dead", introduces a new villain who might be more powerful than the Emperor himself (it'd be wicked to have Alt!Vader still overthrow and kill Palpatine in his reality, only for it to be for a selfish reason rather than trying to save Luke), introduces a premise that could lead to interesting scenarios with the alternate versions of some classic Star Wars characters, and isn't a complete middle finger to the series' established lore. Pretty good on my part, I'd say.

Vader Appearance:
This would be a gradual thing present on both Star Wars tracks - One day, without any sort of acknowledgement from the devs or Disney, a red wormhole opens up in the sky. Throughout the coming weeks, upgraded Imperial ships begin to appear out of the wormhole, with more approaching and getting closer to the track. Vader would also become a more common pick for CPU racers at one point.

All of this culminates on the day where Disney announces that Vader will return, leading to DriDim adding a new Vader skin based on his new appearance, which would be free for all players (even if you hadn't unlocked Vader yet, Alt!Vader would still be a freebie for quite some time after the announcement before becoming a paid skin). This would also lead to two new alternate skins for the Star Wars tracks - A ruined Endor and a Death Star being taken over by the "New Empire", which would be limited-time events.

Votes
  1. D&D
  2. Deltarune
  3. Final Fantasy
  4. Persona
  5. Chrono Trigger

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Darth Vader format: For the day of the event, the Death Star is included in all ranked play stage pools - when you play on it, be it through online or otherwise, you can hear Darth Vader announce his return, as well as some added props related to the piece of lore

Explanation: Anakin was elaborately framed by the REAL Darth Vader through brainwashing, and Luke killed his completely innocent dad for nothing. After many close calls, Star Wars is officially ruined forever.
Appearance: All players can participate in the "Darth Vader challenge", a set of achievements like "ram into two Rebel droids on the Endor map". After completing them all, players will receive the Darth Vader racer for free (or an equivalent amount of Miniverses if they already have Vader) and a Thank You note from the Empire, which states "Please enjoy this token of appreciation in anticipation of Lord Vader's return."

Explanation: The Dark Side of Anakin knew that his Light Side would show itself again one day. To prepare for this eventual shift, Vader planned that before it happened, he would transfer all of his Force energy into a nearby object (a technique Disney will explain in a new $14.99 book that releases sometime after Episode 10), that object being his mask. (this is why it calls out to Kylo Ren later on, wasn't just hallucinations!) This is what happens right before he throws Palpatine. So Vader waits until Palpatine has died a 2nd time, fearing the emperor would kill him instantly because of Anakin's past mutiny. He then uses the Force and his past knowledge of droids to make himself a mechanical body, being abandoned in a scrapped star destroyer once belonging to Kylo Ren. He then sets off in another scrapped vehicle (his old TIE Fighter), seeking revenge on the Rebel Alliance.

I don't think it's possible for Star Wars to be good if you bring back Vader, especially not in Disney's hands, but I did my best.

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy
3. Digimon
4. D&D
5. Persona
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Persona
3. Mass Effect
4. Final Fantasy
5. D&D

Vader Explanation: On his home planet of Tatooine there exists seven magic artifacts called the Kyber Balls. Once all are gathered you can make any wish you want! Vader’s secret evil apprentice Darth Kuum’petent collected all balls and made a wish to bring Vader back. The Kyber Balls are never explained again.
Not really a Star Wars guy, but I'll give it a fair shake.

Vader Explanation:
I wanted to go about this in a way that would not only be respectful to previous Star Wars movies, but something I think would be an interesting story to tell (inb4 this kind of premise has already been done in some elseworlds story)

See, the Anakin/Vader we know from the original trilogy is still dead. He ain't coming back. Rather, this new Anakin/Vader is from a reality where not only is he alive and well, but the Empire actually triumphed over the Rebels, allowing them to grow in power (leading into some cool new upgraded ships) and find a way to use warpspeed to travel between realities, which is what led them to the reality where Rey and all the other sequel guys are hanging out. Cue films 10-12!

Still keeps our Vader "dead", introduces a new villain who might be more powerful than the Emperor himself (it'd be wicked to have Alt!Vader still overthrow and kill Palpatine in his reality, only for it to be for a selfish reason rather than trying to save Luke), introduces a premise that could lead to interesting scenarios with the alternate versions of some classic Star Wars characters, and isn't a complete middle finger to the series' established lore. Pretty good on my part, I'd say.

Vader Appearance:
This would be a gradual thing present on both Star Wars tracks - One day, without any sort of acknowledgement from the devs or Disney, a red wormhole opens up in the sky. Throughout the coming weeks, upgraded Imperial ships begin to appear out of the wormhole, with more approaching and getting closer to the track. Vader would also become a more common pick for CPU racers at one point.

All of this culminates on the day where Disney announces that Vader will return, leading to DriDim adding a new Vader skin based on his new appearance, which would be free for all players (even if you hadn't unlocked Vader yet, Alt!Vader would still be a freebie for quite some time after the announcement before becoming a paid skin). This would also lead to two new alternate skins for the Star Wars tracks - A ruined Endor and a Death Star being taken over by the "New Empire", which would be limited-time events.

Votes
  1. D&D
  2. Deltarune
  3. Final Fantasy
  4. Persona
  5. Chrono Trigger
Vader explanations
  1. FazDude (Alternate universe)
  2. WaWaWa (Anakin was framed by another Darth Vader)
  3. Champion of Hyrule (Kyber Balls)
  4. Janx_uwu (Vader cloned himself)
Please vote for your top 2

My explanation will be used by default, since the others don't actually have the lore being provided in DriDim itself.

1. Legend of Heroes - 1
  2. Fire Emblem - 3
  3. Digimon - 4
  4. Chrono Trigger - 7
  5. Deltarune - 8
  6. Mass Effect - 10
  7. Kingdom Hearts - 12
  8. Persona - 16
  9. Dungeons and Dragons - 17
  10. Final Fantasy - 28
Final Fantasy will be our next franchise! Courtesy of @DarkVortex, our first 3 racers will be Cloud, Warrior of Light, and Y'shtola

This will have
  1. 12 characters (including the initial 3)
  2. 2 tracks
  3. 4 vehicles
  4. 2 wheels
  5. 1 skin

Top Bottom