• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

D

Deleted member

Would be pretty great to have all three of these get seasons soon down the line.

Zelda's getting a new game (Tears)
Kirby gotten a great remake (Deluxe)
Donkey Kong has a huge role in a new film (Mario Movie)
Kirby was on my plan for this until last minute because I figured he has enough fans for his own season

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Disney Princess

The most popular Disney Crossover brand, despite how successful Kingdom Hearts may be. The restrictions for these were I did not include any of the princes (Charming, Phillip, Naveen, ETC) and no sidekicks (Lumiere, Sebastian, etc.)

1. Team Adventure (Ariel, Moana, Jasmine, Merida)
2. Team Romance (Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Belle)
3. Team Arts (Rapunzel, Tiana, Elana, Elsa).

Team Adventure showcases princesses from films where adventure is the major element, while Team Romance features princesses from films in which romance was the major element, and Team arts features princesses with whom artistic skill of many types is a major feature of the character.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
nirvanafan nirvanafan Great idea, but the teams themselves are supposed to be crossovers. I will allow this submission for convenience's sake (delaying voting is a real headache with double post rules), but if it wins but isn't modified to have the teams be crossovers by the end of voting tomorrow, I'll go with second place.

Nicktoons

A set of cartoons as varied as they are intertwined. We'll probably avoid the megaIPs like Avatar, TMNT, Garfield, and SpongeBob this time around (though I won't have rules against them either)
  1. Gross-Out Gang (Ren, Stimpy, (Ren & Stimpy) Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life), and CatDog (CatDog))
  2. Tween Heroes (Jimmy (Jimmy Neutron), Timmy (The Fairly OddParents), Jenny (My Life as a Teenage Robot), and Danny (Danny Phantom)
  3. Next-Gen Nick (Lincoln, Luna, Lucy (The Loud House), Rock, Paper, and Scissors (Rock Paper Scissors))
1. Laff-A-Lympics
2. Creepy Trip to Lemon Twist

Crossover Franchise Between Teams:

I do not know if this counts since I believe you said we were allowed to submit whole franchises and not just franchises that focused on crossovers but:

WildBrain Studios

View attachment 369979

One of the bigger media companies these days with lots of obscure names. It would be fun to see them be represented in a huge crossover like this since I feel most WildBrain IPs wouldn’t work as standalone full seasons.

Teams:

Team Cookie Jar/CINAR:
Papa Beaver, Wimzie (Wimzie’s House) and Johnny Test

Team DiC Entertainment: Inspector Gadget, Riff-Raff (Catillac Cats) and Sarah (Liberty’s Kids)

Team Halifax Entertainment: Bo (Bo on the Go!), Lunar Jim and Babu (The Mighty Jungle)
Marvel Vs. Capcom

This is the series that comes to mind when discussing crossovers. Take two giants of their respective industries and mash them up to get an iconic series of fighting games. Lots of really cool content we could pull from both sides here. All racers are teams of 3 to call back to the game's tag mechanic.

The first three teams would be And Justice For All! (Captain America, X, Jill Valentine), Uphill Battle (Roll, Dan, Shumah-Gorath), and The Big Guns (Dante, War Machine, Rocket Raccoon).
Welp, worth a shot. Backup time.

Fraymakers

We can still get Peppino in this one, but for now, we'll get the playable fighters out of the way.
  • Orcane & Octodad
  • CommanderVideo & Welltaro
  • Ultra Fishbujin 3000 & The Watcher
Crossover team:
Playstation/Sony Interactive entertainment
View attachment 369985
Sony Interactive entertainment is a company that is responsible for making first party Playstation games and it's owned by Japanese multimedia franchise Sony. Sony Interactive Entertainment is one of most famous video game companies alongside Nintendo, SEGA, Namco and Microsoft.
It was found in 26.11.1993 and it was meant to be Sony's video game/console company to rivalize with SEGA and Nintendo in 90's. They still make games and consoles to this day as you know.

So, if we have Nintendo content and Microsoft content in our game, I feel that we should a Sony season in our game to balance the content from Microsoft and Nintendo franchises.

Racer teams:
Team PS1: Parappa the Rapper, Sir Dan Fortesque and Toro Inune (They represent the first PS console).
Team PS2/3: Kratos, Ratchet & Clank and Sackboy (They represent the 2000's PS consoles: Playstation 2 and 3).
Team PS4/5: Aloy, Joel & Ellie and Astro bot (They represent the modern PS consoles: Playstation 4 and 5).

We can obviously allow video game characters that are owned by Sony (This means that 1st party characters who appeared or never appeared in PSABR game are allowed) in this season.
(This also would apply to characters like Q*Bert or Lemmings (It's just an example).
Project X Zone

View attachment 369993

Project X Zone is a duology game crossover series having Capcom,Namco and Sega characters.

Characters: Team Capcom (Ryu,Phoneix Wright and Mega Man X), Team Sega (Sakura Shinguji,Akira Yuki and Kazuma Kiryu) and Team Namco (Jin Kazama,KOS-MOS and Yuri Lowell)
Super Hero Time

Super Hero Time is a TV block that airs on TV-Asahi in Japan, it is a block where A Kamen Rider show is followed by a Sentai show

Akarenger and Kamen Rider Ichigo
Gokai Red and Kamen Rider OOO
Zenkaizer, Kamen Rider Revi and Kamen Rider Vice

Smash Bros
I'm surprised this took so long. I tired to avoid franchises who will get their own seasons like Zelda, DK or Kirby.

Team Retro: R.O.B., Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer
Team Space: Fox, Falco, Samus, Captain Falcon,
Team Fantasy: Marth, Ike, Pit, Bayonetta,
Disney Princess

The most popular Disney Crossover brand, despite how successful Kingdom Hearts may be. The restrictions for these were I did not include any of the princes (Charming, Phillip, Naveen, ETC) and no sidekicks (Lumiere, Sebastian, etc.)

1. Team Adventure (Ariel, Moana, Jasmine, Merida)
2. Team Romance (Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Belle)
3. Team Arts (Rapunzel, Tiana, Elana, Elsa).

Team Adventure showcases princesses from films where adventure is the major element, while Team Romance features princesses from films in which romance was the major element, and Team arts features princesses with whom artistic skill of many types is a major feature of the character.
Alien Vs. Predator

Characters:
1. Xenomorph & Predator
2. Xenomorph Queen & Elder Predator
3. Ripley & Major Alan
JUMP

Know there ip have crossed over a couple times, particularly with the pictured title and the more recent Jump Force.

Team One Piece (Luffy, Zoro, Nami)
Team Naruto (Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura)
Team MHA (Deku, All Might, Bakugo)
  1. Shonen Jump
  2. Alien vs. Predator
  3. Disney Princess
  4. Super Smash Bros.
  5. Super Hero Time
  6. Project X Zone
  7. PlayStation
  8. Fraymakers
  9. Marvel vs. Capcom
  10. WildBrain/DHX Media
  11. Nicktoons
Please vote for your top 5
  1. 3
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 1
  5. 1
Introducing a series in this franchise won't disconfirm it from getting a full season.

Since there was a tie for course and I didn't vote, I'll break it by giving 2 votes for Lemon Twist and one to Upsan Downs

1. Beat the Clock to Yellow Rock - 1
  2. By Rollercoaster to Upsan Downs - 1
  3. Creepy Trip to Lemon Twist - 3
  4. Laff-A-Lympics - 4
The Laff-A-Lympics and Creepy Trip to Lemon Twist will be added

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Franchise: A-Ha
Track: Take on Me

One of the most iconic music videos of all time. On this track you drive from the cafe to the comic book, turning into a sketch from time to time, and come out in the apartment at the finish line. A 3-part track.

Song: Take on Me
  1. Nicktoons
  2. Smash
  3. PlayStation
  4. Fraymakers
  5. Disney Princess

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. PlayStation
2. Disney Princess
3. Fraymakers
4. WildBrain
5. Nicktoons

All really fun choices.

Music Video Track:

Thriller (Michael Jackson)

8B54063C-F1DA-4AC3-940D-B3589CDD524C.jpeg

One of the most ground-breaking music videos of all time (even though it’s not Halloween). You basically drive through graveyards and last a horde of dancing zombies/creepy figures. It’s the Evil of the Thriller hahahahaha!

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Smash
Marvel vs Capcom
Project X Zone
Jump
Nicktoons

My bad with the issue with the teams will edit this post with corrected teams soon.

EDIT -
Series Leads of Decades Team - Luffy (90s/One Piece), Light (00s/Death Note), Denji (10s/Chainsaw Man)
Female Leads Team - Clare (Claymore), Jolyn (Jojo), Emma (Promised Neverland)
Rival Team - Sasuke (Naruto), Bakugo (MHA), Renji (Bleach)

ALSO - Music Video Track (In Bloom)

Of course i had to pick a Nirvana one, went with the 2nd video for In Bloom, Black and White stage set as tribute to old tv broadcasts before being torn apart during the final lap.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
lofi hip hop radio - beats to drift/dash to
That's right, it's the Lofi Girl's room! Racers are sized down and drive on and around various textbooks and notebooks, furry friends, plants, etc. Despite being made of many cluttered objects, the track is quite seamless and non-stressful, much like N64 Rainbow Road. The Lofi Girl has her headphones around her neck instead of on her ears, which explains where the music is coming from. The track is synced up to the livestream, meaning both the YouTube livestream and the DriDim track play the same songs at the same time.

1. Disney Princess
2. MvC
3. Fraymakers
4. Smash
5. PlayStation

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Plastic Beach

This is a track based on Gorillaz 2010 album Plastic Beach and specifically their song On Melancholy Hill
This track would start underwater as you drive underwater seeing planes crash into and the many submarines seen in the video as well as Superfast Jellyfish. You then end up on plastic beach itself and drive through it before it loops.

1. Disney Princess
2. Fraymakers
3. Playstation
4. Nicktoons

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Alien vs. Predator
  2. Super Hero Time
  3. WildBrain/DHX Media - 1
  4. Shonen Jump - 3
  5. Project X Zone - 5
  6. Super Smash Bros. - 12
  7. Fraymakers - 14
  8. Marvel vs. Capcom - 14
  9. Disney Princess - 14
  10. Nicktoons - 21
  11. PlayStation - 25
Our next franchise(s) will be PlayStation! Courtesy of Tankman from Newgrounds, the first 3 racers will be Team PS1, Team PS2/3, and Team PS4/5!

Franchise: A-Ha
Track: Take on Me

One of the most iconic music videos of all time. On this track you drive from the cafe to the comic book, turning into a sketch from time to time, and come out in the apartment at the finish line. A 3-part track.

Song: Take on Me
1. PlayStation
2. Disney Princess
3. Fraymakers
4. WildBrain
5. Nicktoons

All really fun choices.

Music Video Track:

Thriller (Michael Jackson)

View attachment 370013

One of the most ground-breaking music videos of all time (even though it’s not Halloween). You basically drive through graveyards and last a horde of dancing zombies/creepy figures. It’s the Evil of the Thriller hahahahaha!
Smash
Marvel vs Capcom
Project X Zone
Jump
Nicktoons

My bad with the issue with the teams will edit this post with corrected teams soon.

EDIT -
Series Leads of Decades Team - Luffy (90s/One Piece), Light (00s/Death Note), Denji (10s/Chainsaw Man)
Female Leads Team - Clare (Claymore), Jolyn (Jojo), Emma (Promised Neverland)
Rival Team - Sasuke (Naruto), Bakugo (MHA), Renji (Bleach)

ALSO - Music Video Track (In Bloom)

Of course i had to pick a Nirvana one, went with the 2nd video for In Bloom, Black and White stage set as tribute to old tv broadcasts before being torn apart during the final lap.
  1. PlayStation
  2. Nicktoons
  3. Fraymakers
  4. MvC
  5. Shonen Jump
Music Video Track: The Gummy Bear Song (Gummibar)

This track takes you through various locales from the music video, including a park, town streets, and a concert hall.
lofi hip hop radio - beats to drift/dash to
That's right, it's the Lofi Girl's room! Racers are sized down and drive on and around various textbooks and notebooks, furry friends, plants, etc. Despite being made of many cluttered objects, the track is quite seamless and non-stressful, much like N64 Rainbow Road. The Lofi Girl has her headphones around her neck instead of on her ears, which explains where the music is coming from. The track is synced up to the livestream, meaning both the YouTube livestream and the DriDim track play the same songs at the same time.

1. Disney Princess
2. MvC
3. Fraymakers
4. Smash
5. PlayStation
Plastic Beach

This is a track based on Gorillaz 2010 album Plastic Beach and specifically their song On Melancholy Hill
This track would start underwater as you drive underwater seeing planes crash into and the many submarines seen in the video as well as Superfast Jellyfish. You then end up on plastic beach itself and drive through it before it loops.

1. Disney Princess
2. Fraymakers
3. Playstation
4. Nicktoons
  1. Gummy Bear Song
  2. Plastic Beach
  3. In Bloom
  4. Thriller
  5. Take on Me
  6. Lo-Fi Hip Hop Radio
Please vote for your top 3
  1. 3
  2. 2
  3. 1

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit up to 3 PlayStation teams!
Remember that these teams should be between multiple franchises. I will allow duplicate characters, but if you don't want them remember that the characters included thus far are
  1. PaRappa
  2. Sir Daniel
  3. Toro
  4. Kratos
  5. Ratchet
  6. Clank
  7. Sackboy
  8. Aloy
  9. Joel
  10. Ellie
  11. Astro Bot
Remember that these should be first party Sony gaming properties. No Crash, Lara Croft, or Spyro. Characters like Toro, Polygon Man, and Astro Bot who represent the entire PS brand instead of a specific game can be submitted solo. Q*Bert will be allowed, despite being owned by a separate sector of Sony

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Take on Me
2. Thriller
3. Chill Beats
Gorillaz would make for fun characters

Team Spooky (Sweet Tooth, Father Gascoigne, Clicker)

Clicker_model_Part_II.png

The Puzzle Platformers (Knack, Atoi, Kutaro)

The Thieves Guild (Drake, Chloe, Sly & the Cooper Gang)

thievesignmain-1666136825916.jpg

SC4_Cooper_Gang.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom