• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

FazDude

Smash Master
2000s Franchise: Club Penguin (Rockhopper & Yarr, Gary the Gadget Guy, and Herbert & Klutzy)

Gonna be honest here - This was a tough job to pick out one franchise for*. I know we just got done with a Disney franchise, but it's been a while since our last full video game season (and we haven't had a non-Nintendo full vidya season, either), so I might as well throw my hat in the ring with these childhood icons.

I feel there's a lot we could work with here - I'd love to see sleds in the form of wheelless karts.

* honorable mentions to Family Guy, Phineas & Ferb, Halo, and GTA. (if only wawawa allowed 2009 franchises so we could get the enraged avians)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

H2x1_NSwitchDS_DevilMayCry.jpg

Devil May Cry
Dante, Vergil, Nero
Should this come before Mega Man or Resi or SF? Probably not. But I simply think it'd be a funny inclusion but is also a stylish series well fitted for a game like this and is also a series I really enjoy. There are more characters we could add and there is actually a surprisingly decent amount to work with for vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
SpongeBob SquarePants (SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward)

How have we not done this yet?

BTW, since I won't be able to submit for this, you all better submit the Invisible Boatmobile as a wheelless kart.

1. Pretty Chill
  2. Battle Damage
Harry Potter

A multimedia franchise that got its start as a book series in the late 90's, but didn't peak until its critically acclaimed films in the 2000's. Seeing as we just added a sci-fi series, a fantasy one seems like the perfect way to follow that up. The fact that I don't need to explain what Harry Potter is kinda speaks volumes of its popularity and importance in today's pop culture. To address the elephant in the room, we added Dr. Suess content not too long ago and I think we should continue to seperate the art from the artist. If we don't, we miss out on a ton of really, really cool franchises like this one.

The first three racers would be Harry, Ron & Hermione (trio), Dumbledore, and Voldemort.
2000s Franchise Submission:

Shrek

View attachment 366478

Quite possibly one of the most well-known animation franchises based off of the book by William Steig. Another fantasy based franchise that is kind of a juxtaposition to Star Wars. In fact, we can add some stuff from the Shrek Swamp Kart Speedway games. Even with the recent **** in Boots movie and it hinting towards a Shrek 5, this franchise is THE definition of cheesy 2000s cartoon humor alongside the fact this movie has parodied fairytales and Disney movies.

Characters:

Shrek, Donkey and **** in Boots

View attachment 366479
Guitar Hero

Huge icon of the mid to late 2000s.

Axel Steel
Judy Nails
Slash
2000s Franchise: Club Penguin (Rockhopper & Yarr, Gary the Gadget Guy, and Herbert & Klutzy)

Gonna be honest here - This was a tough job to pick out one franchise for*. I know we just got done with a Disney franchise, but it's been a while since our last full video game season (and we haven't had a non-Nintendo full vidya season, either), so I might as well throw my hat in the ring with these childhood icons.

I feel there's a lot we could work with here - I'd love to see sleds in the form of wheelless karts.

* honorable mentions to Family Guy, Phineas & Ferb, Halo, and GTA. (if only wawawa allowed 2009 franchises so we could get the enraged avians)
One Piece

More non-American franchises would always be welcome IMO and although we already have a shonen jump franchise I think as the best selling comic book franchise it more than deserves a spot in the game. Plus there’s lots of kart potential.
Characters: Luffy, Nami, Buggy
Matrix

Matrix is a action movie series,the movie series tells of Thomas Anderson, a programmer that had nightmares about being connected by computers. Matrix is a iconic series of pop culture and the cinema history.

Characters: Neo, Trinity and Agent Smith
View attachment 366492
Devil May Cry
Dante, Vergil, Nero
Should this come before Mega Man or Resi or SF? Probably not. But I simply think it'd be a funny inclusion but is also a stylish series well fitted for a game like this and is also a series I really enjoy. There are more characters we could add and there is actually a surprisingly decent amount to work with for vehicles.
Bionicle

One of the best LEGO themes out there that was present in many peoples childhoods and has a large universe to take from
Characters: Tahu, Makuta Teridax, Mata Nui
1. Pretty Cool Vader
2. Samurai Vader

2000s' Franchise: Advance Wars

A franchise currently stuck in the 2000s' until Re-boot camp comes out. I hope they Intendo fix it.

Characters:
1. Ryo/Andy
2. Sami
3. Nell
  1. Advance Wars
  2. Bionicle
  3. Devil May Cry
  4. The Matrix
  5. One Piece
  6. Club Penguin
  7. Guitar Hero
  8. Shrek
  9. Harry Potter
  10. SpongeBob
Please vote for your top 5
  1. 3
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 1
  5. 1

1. Ghost
  2. Unmasked
  3. Battle Damage = 1
  4. Pretty Chill = 4
Darth Vader's skin will be Pretty Chill; Luke's will be his Stormtrooper disguise; Han and Chewie's will be their classic outfits; C3PO and R2D2's will be BT-1 and 0-0-0; and Mandalorian and Grogu's will be their disguises

Yoda is currently a draw, please vote here if you haven't already

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a format for the story mode!
How should the story mode play? Should it be single player or a group effort event? Should the brainwashed heroes get brand new tracks, or reuse tracks from their respective seasons? Should there be rewards? Will Brmmwasher only be fought at the end? Will it be races or battles? Stuff like that. Please don't include any info on specific new content.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My story format: New Mode Introduction.
This would be a group effort event where you get the option of a 1-v-1 race for one week every month. Each brainwashed racer gets a brand new track from the Generix dimension, and introduces a new race or battle mode. Their AI is brutal, rubberbanding is off, and they have an unlimited supply of items while you can only get Oil Tanks (for races) or Tacks (for battles). Every play contributes the the global score, both positively and negatively. A certain percentage (usually slightly under half) of participating players will need to beat the challenge for the entire community to go on to the next - if the community fails, the challenge will be redone the next month, and if the community wins the next brainwashed racer will arrive with their mode and track; the previously introduced mode will be added as an option for lobbies and local play; and the track will become part of online rotation and selectible in lobbies and local play.

1. Shrek
  2. SpingeBill
  3. Club Penguin
  4. Matrix
  5. One Piece

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Story Format: Adventure
This would be single player and take lots of inspiration from Crash Team Racing and Crash Nitro Kart's Adventure Modes.

I imagine having free roam driving in areas modelled after each crossover franchise from Mushroom Kingdom, Springfield, Gotham, and so on.

After finishing all tracks, the way to the boss race/battle is unlocked and you go to get them back to normal.

There could be rewards for finishing areas, tracks, and bosses like unlocking other characters and vehicles.

And yes, Brmmwasher would be fought at the very end on his own track/battle.

Not much, but eh.

D

Deleted member

1. Shrek
2. Spongebob
3. One Peice
4. DMC
5. Bionicle

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My story format: New Mode Introduction.
This would be a group effort event where you get the option of a 1-v-1 race for one week every month. Each brainwashed racer gets a brand new track from the Generix dimension, and introduces a new race or battle mode. Their AI is brutal, rubberbanding is off, and they have an unlimited supply of items while you can only get Oil Tanks (for races) or Tacks (for battles). Every play contributes the the global score, both positively and negatively. A certain percentage (usually slightly under half) of participating players will need to beat the challenge for the entire community to go on to the next - if the community fails, the challenge will be redone the next month, and if the community wins the next brainwashed racer will arrive with their mode and track; the previously introduced mode will be added as an option for lobbies and local play; and the track will become part of online rotation and selectible in lobbies and local play.

1. Shrek
  2. SpingeBill
  3. Club Penguin
  4. Matrix
  5. One Piece
Story Format: Adventure
This would be single player and take lots of inspiration from Crash Team Racing and Crash Nitro Kart's Adventure Modes.

I imagine having free roam driving in areas modelled after each crossover franchise from Mushroom Kingdom, Springfield, Gotham, and so on.

After finishing all tracks, the way to the boss race/battle is unlocked and you go to get them back to normal.

There could be rewards for finishing areas, tracks, and bosses like unlocking other characters and vehicles.

And yes, Brmmwasher would be fought at the very end on his own track/battle.

Not much, but eh.

Yoda's skin will be Yaddle

1. The Matrix = 1
  2. Guitar Hero = 4
  3. Bionicle = 4
  4. Harry Potter = 6
  5. Advance Wars = 6
  6. Devil May Cry = 10
  7. Club Penguin = 15
  8. One Piece = 22
  9. Shrek = 34
  10. SpongeBob = 38

Are ya ready kids? We're heading to Bikini Bottom for our next crossover! I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready! (I'm also the pit stop manager) SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward will be our first 3 racers!

Baysha

Smash Ace
Smitty_Werbenjgermanjensen.png

Smitty Werbenjägermanjensen

Bubbles.png

Bubbles

BikiniBottomites.png

The Bikini Bottomites

Narrowing it down the only three subs was honestly really hard. My full power will truly be unleashed if we ever do a part 2 for Spongebob.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom