• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Disney/Nintendo: Playing with Magic: A VS Fighting Game

Which company should be the video game company Disney should square off against?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I feel that we should have a stage per franchise represented on the roster. Therefore, we will not have a bloated stage selection after all.

Stages:

Disney Stage:

Lilo's House (Lilo and Stitch)

ezgif-5-263378cac0.jpg

I'm surprised we do not have a Lilo and Stitch stage in the nominations yet. Therefore, here we have Lilo's House also known as the Pelekai residence. You fight outside of the house and you will get to see cameos from characters such as Nana, Jumba, Peakley, etc. Basically, a stage honoring the Lilo and Stitch movie and series.

Nintendo Stage:

World 1-1 (Super Mario)

5c915b10ec14872756a23e3f_5c472edbaea4a040c9bbdde5_super-mario-brothers-world-1.jpeg

Based on the first level of the original Super Mario Bros, you fight on the pixelated-ish ground. In the background, there are ? blocks, Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Paratroopas, etc. in the 8-bit style. A tribute to one of the greatest video game levels out there.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 7: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

View attachment 365678
Meeska-mooska, Mickey Mouse! To celebrate the addition of Donald Duck as part of the Mickey Mouse & Friends-verse, I feel this stage strikes a nice balance between being a Mickey Mouse stage (rather than a Donald Duck/DuckTales exclusive locale like the Money Bin) and a Donald Duck stage (rather than a Mickey Mouse-exclusive stage like Steamboat Willy or the Castle of Illusion).

The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse would take place in the garden of the Clubhouse, Toodles would occassionally fly by to drop of a Mouseketool for the background characters, which affects the background (but not the fighters). When a character is KOd, the background characters (which are the most famous of Mickeys friends, such as Goofy, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Pluto and other characters like Clarabelle Cow and Pete) start doing the hot dog dance as featured at the end of each episode. Talk about a taunt!

1. Playing with Magic
2. Dreamlight Universe
3. Smashing Stars
4. Super Dream Royale
Job 7:
Niceland, Fix-it Felix Jr. (Wreck-it Ralph)
View attachment 365679
Niceland is a location that takes place inside Fix It Felix Jr. arcade game (made by Tobikomi in 1982 in-universe) and it's home for Nicelanders and Fix-it Felix Jr. Wreck-it Ralph is the villain of the game where he has to destroy the building with his bare hands and Felix has to repair it.

The stage would take place in front of the building and the nicelanders make a cameo in background, spectating the fight.

Job 8:
Mushroom Kingdom
View attachment 365680
Mushroom Kingdom is one of main setting from Super Mario video games and it's a grassy kingdom where Toads live under Peach's control.

As a stage, it would take place in front of castle. Various Mario characters make cameo here (except DK and Wario characters).
1. Multiversal Clash
2. Smashing Stars
3. Super Kingdom worlds
4. Screen-to-screen smackdown
1. Screen to Screen Smackdown
2. Scuffle of Superstars
3. Smashing Stars
4. Multiversal Clash

Job 8: Hyrule Castle (Zelda)

Takes place at the bottom of the castle. Zelda, guards, and enemies like Octoroks would make cameos.
1. Disney VS Nintendo (simple but good)
2. Super Kingdom Worlds
3. Smashing Stars
4. Scuffle of Superstars

Job 8:Pokémon Stadium (Pokémon)

Pokémon Stadium is a traditional stadium where pokémons can fight and two trainers can command them while the public is watching the battle. the stage is similar from Pokémon Stadium 2 from Smash games but without platforms and the stage can't change of design.
aw no one voted for the beast. drat

as for how handle stages i would suggest one per character

Job 7

Mickey's Dream.
set upon the dream sequence from sorcerer's apprentice the stage is set upon a huge rock with crashing waves and shooting stars. this is by far one of mickey's most iconic moments and is perhaps the most ideal for stage choices for him. well i suppose a certain steamboat would be better suited for him but i think we should save the boat stage for donald.

Job 8

Shiekah Shrine
set below ground within one of the many shrines found in botw. the distinctive blue lightning would feature all over and the background could range from simply one of the monks or one of the many puzzles.

Votes
1: Super Dream Royale
2: Playing with Magic
3: Smashing Stars
4: Disney vs Nintendo
I think one per series and the a couple extras works.

View attachment 365681
Sugar Rush (Wreck it Ralph)
A bright and colourful stage full of candy. Racers speed by in the background

View attachment 365684
Dream Land (Kirby)
Players fight in a grassy field full of flowers and trees and colourful elements. Wispy Woods is in thw background.

1. Super Dream Royale
2. Super Kingdom Worlds
3. Playing with Magic
4. Disney vs Nintendo
I feel that we should have a stage per franchise represented on the roster. Therefore, we will not have a bloated stage selection after all.

Stages:

Disney Stage:

Lilo's House (Lilo and Stitch)

View attachment 365741

I'm surprised we do not have a Lilo and Stitch stage in the nominations yet. Therefore, here we have Lilo's House also known as the Pelekai residence. You fight outside of the house and you will get to see cameos from characters such as Nana, Jumba, Peakley, etc. Basically, a stage honoring the Lilo and Stitch movie and series.

Nintendo Stage:

World 1-1 (Super Mario)

View attachment 365742

Based on the first level of the original Super Mario Bros, you fight on the pixelated-ish ground. In the background, there are ? blocks, Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Paratroopas, etc. in the 8-bit style. A tribute to one of the greatest video game levels out there.
Job 7: Deep Space

This level takes place on the spaceship from the beginning of Lilo and Stitch. Specifically the testing chambers.

Job 8: Mt. Dedede

The Dedede boss arena from Dreamland/Super Star.
Alright, time to close this job. Sorry for putting this off for so long but...our title for the game will be...

Disney vs Nintendo: Scuffle of Superstars: 6
Disney vs Nintendo: Multiversal Clash: 5
Disney vs Nintendo: Screen-To-Screen Smackdown: 10
Disney VS Nintendo: Smashing Stars: 11
Super Dream Royale: Nintendo vs Disney: 9
Disney vs Nintendo: Rival Icons: 2
Nintendo vs Disney: Dreamlight Universe: 3
Disney vs Nintendo: 10
Disney/Nintendo: Playing with Magic: 15
Disney Plus Nintendo: Super Kingdom Worlds: 9

So...it seems our title will be Disney/Nintendo: Playing with Magic! Congrats to Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku for his title idea being the title of our game!

Now, we have to vote on stages. Vote for your top 3 stages but you can only put your own in second or third. The top 2 stages from each category will get in. Also, vote in the Strawpoll as to how we should deal with stages for this game right down below.

Disney Stages:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Mickey Mouse) WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever
Niceland, Fix-it Felix Jr. (Wreck-it Ralph) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Mickey's Dream (Mickey Mouse) fogbadge fogbadge
Sugar Rush (Wreck it Ralph) @Darkonedagger
Lilo's House (Lilo and Stitch) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Deep Space (Lilo and Stitch) Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP

Nintendo Stages:

Mushroom Kingdom (Super Mario) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Hyrule Castle (Zelda) Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Pokémon Stadium (Pokémon) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Shiekah Shrine fogbadge fogbadge
Dream Land (Kirby) @Darkonedagger
World 1-1 (Super Mario) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Mt. Dedede (Kirby) Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP

How Stages Should be Dealt With Poll

Now...onward to the next job:

Job 9 (Technically sort of a discussion question and a job):

How should the game play out? Should it be 2 v 2 or a 3 v 3? Also, should there be any unique gameplay gimmicks? Also, if you like creating moveset templates, what should the moveset template be?

Get submitting and discussing!

Disney Stages:

1. Mickey's Dream
2. Niceland
3. Deep Space

Nintendo Stages:

1. Mushroom Kingdom
2. Pokémon Stadium
3. Dream Land

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Mickey's clubhouse
2. Niceland
3. Lilo's House

1. Mushroom Kingdom
2. Pokémon Stadium
3. Hyrule Castle

Job 9:the game will be 3v3 and i think the roster would be separated by team of three,similar to The King of Fighters games

some examples

Nintendo Team 1: Mario,Luigi and Yoshi
Disney Team 1: Mickey,Donald and Goofy

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (I'd watch that show a lot as a kid)
2. Deep Space
3. Mickey's Dream

1. World 1-1
2. Mt. Dedede
3. Shiekah Shrine

Job 9: I prefer 3v3 with a moveset template based on all star strife

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
disney stages
1: Mickey's Dream
2: Nice Land
3: Lilo's House

nintendo stages
1: Shiekah Shrine
2: Hyrule Castle
3: Mt Dedede

might i say i find it slightly disapointing that most of the nintendo stages are used in smash. oh well. any way as for the discussion about job 9 my vote would be for 2v2

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
blows dust off thread

Alright, sorry about the late delay but I will close the gameplay mechanics job on Sunday most likely...just life has been busy.

Anywho, here's a quick writeup from me on how gameplay mechanics should go:

Basically, this game would be a 3 v 3 similar to Ultimate Marvel vs Cacpom 3. To be fair, since both Nintendo and Disney are family-oriented, I feel we should make the inputs a little simpler to make an introduction to tag-team fighters.

All characters will have:

Light, medium and heavies for standing and crouching

Three specials (light, medium and heavy) when used while airborne or grounded

Forward and back throws

Two assist buttons

Probably 4/5 special moves

3 Supers in the form of stars

As for the game's main gameplay gimmick, introducing....

Wishing Stars!

Basically, you can build a team with the Nintendo and Disney characters to form a powerful trio! Based on who's on your team, you will be granted with "Wishing Stars" that will give you slight buffs. For example, if your trio consists of Mario, Mickey and Donald, you'll gain a slight stat buff and get a slight leverage towards supers.

Overall, I feel this would make this fighting game a bit more casually but with a lot of hidden tech/movement options for the competitive scene.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright....based on the consensus of the thread, it seems we will go with the 3v3 fighting game template. However, since this game will be akin to a traditional tag team fighter, my moveset template along with the Wishing Stars gimmick will be how movesets will be made.

Now, for stages, we will do one stage per series with a couple of extras. Here are the first 4 stages.

Disney Stages:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: 12
Niceland, Fix-it-Felix Jr.: 9
Mickey's Dream: 13

Sugar Rush: 4
Lilo's House: 5
Deep Space: 7

Nintendo Stages:

Mushroom Kingdom: 17

Hyrule Castle: 7
Pokémon Stadium: 9
Shiekah Shrine: 4
Dream Land: 4
World 1-1: 3
Mt. Dedede: 3

Based on this, Mickey's Dream, Niceland, Mushroom Kingdom and Pokémon Stadium are the first 4 stages so congrats to fogbadge fogbadge , Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 for their stages getting in! I know Mickey Mouse Clubhouse scored high but we're doing one stage per series but great ideas everyone! Now, onto our next job being for fighters!

Job 10:

Submit a female fighter for the Disney side. This fighter must also be super iconic, recognizable and must be a notable inclusion.

Job 11:

Submit a female fighter for the Nintendo side. This fighter must be iconic as well, recognizable and must be a notable inclusion.

I feel we definitely need female fighters so why not do a job including them now? Explain what they can bring to the fight. The top fighter from each side will get in. Get submitting!

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 10:Star Butterfly (Star Vs. The Forces of Evil)

download.png

Star is the main character of Star Vs. The Forces of Evil,she is a princess of mewini that was sent to the earth. i chose Star because some Disney crossover games doesn't have a Disney Animation Studios rep

Job 11:Samus Aran (Metroid)

Samusvariasuit.png

Samus is the protagonist of Metroid series,she is a bounty hunter that is fighting against creatures of Zebes.

D

Deleted member

Snow_white_disney.png

Snow White
The original Disney animated film. Now. You may think that Snow White doesn't have moveset potential. But honestly I think if you get creative it's there. Have her summon animals and the dwarfs. Use her singing for an attack.

I'll probably submit a female Nintendo character soon

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Disney Female:
Punzel.png

Rapunzel
I picture Rapunzel using her long hair like a whip to attack with or grapple fighters to pull close, as well using her powers from the animated series.

Nintendo Female:
800px-Peach_SSBU.png

Princess Peach
She's pretty much famous and iconic, enough said.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
female characters from two companies known for their princesses?

Job 10: Belle

when it comes to super iconic disney heroes she is by far one of the top. brave and intelligent she is someone who can be formidable

Job 11: Zelda

as the self proclaimed king of the zeldas fan i would be remised if it did not nominate her. like belle she is someone who is brave and intelligent

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 10:

Elsa (Frozen)

frozen-png-clipart-1.png

What can I say? She's hella iconic and Frozen is going to be 10 years old this year! Crazy, right! Anyway, this queen of Arendelle can be quite a fun fighter. She can be a ranged fighter with ice-themed attacks, summon snowmen, etc. She could be a beginning zoners character to teach younger players how to master zoners due to her having a huge following from kids and young girls alike. A great addition here that should be added at some point.

Job 11:

Isabelle (Animal Crossing)

AC_Isabelle_7XU6aGu.17345b1513ac044897cfc243542899dce541e8dc.9afde10b.png

A bit of an oddball choice but Animal Crossing has became one of Nintendo's biggest and more prominent IPs. Isabelle technically acts as the face of the franchise. She definitely can fight via showcasing off the tasks the Villagers do, incorporating furniture, room decor, etc. This fighting game could be filled with characters you wouldn't expect to see in a traditional tag-team fighter. Therefore, Isabelle feels perfect.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Job 10:
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)

Maleficent (756) – FiGPiN

One of the most iconic Disney villains of all time, Maleficent has appeared as a major villain in various other Disney crossovers and spin-offs, such as House of Mouse, Once Upon a Time, Kingdom Hearts, etc., and even has 2 films to her own name. Able to use various forms of magic and even transform into a dragon, Maleficent would be a perfect fit for a fighting game like this.

D

Deleted member

Rosalina_Super_Mario_Party.png

Rosalina
I figure she could actually have a pretty fun moveset on a game like this making use of her cosmic powers.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 10:Star Butterfly (Star Vs. The Forces of Evil)

View attachment 366557

Star is the main character of Star Vs. The Forces of Evil,she is a princess of mewini that was sent to the earth. i chose Star because some Disney crossover games doesn't have a Disney Animation Studios rep

Job 11:Samus Aran (Metroid)

View attachment 366558

Samus is the protagonist of Metroid series,she is a bounty hunter that is fighting against creatures of Zebes.
View attachment 366559
Snow White
The original Disney animated film. Now. You may think that Snow White doesn't have moveset potential. But honestly I think if you get creative it's there. Have her summon animals and the dwarfs. Use her singing for an attack.

I'll probably submit a female Nintendo character soon
Disney Female:
View attachment 366560
Rapunzel
I picture Rapunzel using her long hair like a whip to attack with or grapple fighters to pull close, as well using her powers from the animated series.

Nintendo Female:
View attachment 366562
Princess Peach
She's pretty much famous and iconic, enough said.
female characters from two companies known for their princesses?

Job 10: Belle

when it comes to super iconic disney heroes she is by far one of the top. brave and intelligent she is someone who can be formidable

Job 11: Zelda

as the self proclaimed king of the zeldas fan i would be remised if it did not nominate her. like belle she is someone who is brave and intelligent
Job 10: Judy Hoops (Zootopia)
View attachment 366569
She would use moves from Disney Infinity.
Job 10:

Elsa (Frozen)

View attachment 366574

What can I say? She's hella iconic and Frozen is going to be 10 years old this year! Crazy, right! Anyway, this queen of Arendelle can be quite a fun fighter. She can be a ranged fighter with ice-themed attacks, summon snowmen, etc. She could be a beginning zoners character to teach younger players how to master zoners due to her having a huge following from kids and young girls alike. A great addition here that should be added at some point.

Job 11:

Isabelle (Animal Crossing)

View attachment 366572

A bit of an oddball choice but Animal Crossing has became one of Nintendo's biggest and more prominent IPs. Isabelle technically acts as the face of the franchise. She definitely can fight via showcasing off the tasks the Villagers do, incorporating furniture, room decor, etc. This fighting game could be filled with characters you wouldn't expect to see in a traditional tag-team fighter. Therefore, Isabelle feels perfect.
Lucina

Alice
Job 10:
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)

Maleficent (756) – FiGPiN

One of the most iconic Disney villains of all time, Maleficent has appeared as a major villain in various other Disney crossovers and spin-offs, such as House of Mouse, Once Upon a Time, Kingdom Hearts, etc., and even has 2 films to her own name. Able to use various forms of magic and even transform into a dragon, Maleficent would be a perfect fit for a fighting game like this.
View attachment 366594
Rosalina
I figure she could actually have a pretty fun moveset on a game like this making use of her cosmic powers.
Job 10: Mulan
Job 11: Min-Min(ARMS)

Question: will Kingdom Hearts concepts count?
Alright, I feel I will close this job. As for what @Darkonedagger said, I will allow Pixar characters to be nominated. Everything else will be saved for later. Seeing the high amount of character nominations, I think I will allow the top 2 characters from each side to join the roster. But for now, let's vote. Vote for your top 4 on each side but you can only put your own nomination in third or fourth.

Disney Side:

Star Butterfly (Star Vs. The Forces of Evil) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Snow White (Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs) @Darkonedagger
Rapunzel (Tangled) Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Belle (Beauty and The Beast) fogbadge fogbadge
Judy Hopps (Zootopia) Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Elsa (Frozen) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Alice (Alice in Wonderland) nirvanafan nirvanafan
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty) 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower
Mulan Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP

Nintendo Side:

Samus Aran (Metroid) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Princess Peach (Super Mario) Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Zelda (Legend of Zelda) fogbadge fogbadge
Isabelle (Animal Crossing) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Lucina (Fire Emblem) nirvanafan nirvanafan
Rosalina (Super Mario) @Darkonedagger
Min-Min (ARMS) Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP

Now, onward to our next two jobs:

Job 12:

Submit a stage from a Disney franchise not represented in the game via a character and/or stage. Describe how the stage looks and what not.

Job 13:

Submit a stage from a Nintendo franchise not represented in the game via a character and/or stage. Describe how the stage looks and what not.

These two stages will NOT deconfirm any fighters. So, get submitting!

My votes:

Disney:

1. Alice
2. Belle
3. Elsa
4. Mulan

Nintendo:

1. Peach
2. Samus
3. Isabelle
4. Lucina

All really good nominations. I'm surprised no one nominated Mary Poppins for Disney in a way but still, a lot of fun choices.

I will submit stages later.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Disney

1: Belle
2: Mulan
3: Alice
4: Maleficent

Nintendo

1: Zelda
2: Peach
3: Samus
4: Isabelle

i'll be back with stages later

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Job 12: Portorosso

The main setting of the movie Luca, it is a small town on the Italian Riviera. The stage background would feature the bustle and hustle of the town and plenty of vespas. the bikes not the wasps

Job 13: Threed

One of the towns from Earthbound. The stage would take place in front of the circus tent with many a zombie stalking the place.

D

Deleted member

_mmd_stage__dk_jungle_download_by_sab64_db7ojpl-pre.jpg

DK Jungle (Donkey Kong Country)
An orignal stage that sort of just takes the general vibe of DKC than a specific location. Has DK's house and lots of trees and jungle stuff. Characters like Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Funky etc make cameos.

20376666.jpg

100 Acre Woods (Winnie the Pooh)
Probably the best way to represent this series. Takes place in the woods, infront of Pooh's House, with the bridge and other locations visible. All the animals make cameos.

Last edited by a moderator:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 12:Cinderella's Castle

images (2).jpeg

Cinderella's Castle is the iconic place that appears on Disney logo,Disneyland,some Disney games and in the Magic Kingdom. The stage is outside of the castle,similar to Disney logo on the movies

Job 13:Green Greens (Kirby)

images (3).jpeg

Green Greens is a place that Kirby lives and the first level of Kirby's Dream Land,the stage is a forest with mountains,Whispy Woods,Waddle Dees,Waddle Doos and Bronto Burts appears as cameos

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
View attachment 366693
DK Jungle (Donkey Kong Country)
An orignal stage that sort of just takes the general vibe of DKC than a specific location. Has DK's house and lots of trees and jungle stuff. Characters like Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Funky etc make cameos.

View attachment 366695
100 Acre Woods (Winnie the Pooh)
Probably the best way to represent this series. Takes place in the woods, infront of Pooh's House, with the bridge and other locations visible. All the animals make cameos.
Ah yes the famous horror movie, Winnie the Pooh

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Disney Stage: Andy's Room (Toy Story)

ezgif-1-dc794bac6f.jpg

Time for the inevitable Pixar content to come! In this stage, the fighters are shrunk down as if they are toys in Andy's room. In the background , you can see various Toy Story characters cheering you on in the background including Little Bo Peep, Rex, the Green Army men (and women too even though they were not in the movies), etc. A fun stage representing an iconic Pixar IP

Nintendo Stage: Pictochat

v4-460px-Use-Pictochat-on-a-Nintendo-Ds-Lite-Step-10-Version-2.jpg

Kind of similar to the Smash Bros stage but more in a traditional tag team fighter setting, you will fight in a Marvel vs Capcom arena where in the background, you will see drawings of various Nintendo and Disney characters in the black Pictochat ink. Even, text will appear as well.

Top Bottom