• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Disney/Nintendo: Playing with Magic: A VS Fighting Game

Which company should be the video game company Disney should square off against?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #03:
Whilst there's a lot of popular Disney picks to potentially go with, I feel the main issue is that we might find ourselves in similar trappings to other Disney rosters from the off. There's a lot of iconic "things" to represent overall - be they the ever-popular Disney Princesses line, Mickey Mouse and his cartoon-origin pals, or even some of Disney's more unusual properties like the Medfield College collection. However, I felt a really solid pick for an opener would be someone inspired - iconic, but unique. Someone practically perfect in every way.

Character Name: Mary Poppins
First Appearance: Mary Poppins (1964)

A representation of a genuinely under-represented aspect of Disney's library - namely live-action media and musicals - Mary Poppins is the magical nanny that arrives one day in London, riding clouds and eventually caring for the Banks children. With a touch of magic and her own natural skill, she ends up guiding those around her on a better path, eventually leaving on the wind once more to many more of her most unusual adventures. Amongst other places, she appears to have arrived in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?'s Toontown and even as a townsperson in Disney Infinity, perhaps indicating her relative importance.

Mary herself could have an incredibly unique moveset that really wouldn't be replicable by other characters. Whilst movement tools such as her umbrella spring to mind as obvious inclusions, I think her having an incredibly unorthodox moveset utilising her magical abilities would be wonderful. Whether it be her opening her carpetbag and revealing her hatstand, which springs forward and hits her opponent - or perhaps sprinkling a spoonful of sugar that stuns enemies around her - she'd have a very unique playstyle overall.

Of course, Mary Poppins isn't a character originally made by Disney - like much of Disney's catalogue, her original film was a loose adaptation of written works (in this case by P. L. Travers.) However, this hasn't stopped her - and others! - becoming much more well-known for their Disney incarnations, so I feel she'd be a reasonable inclusion.

Job #04:
Nintendo's library is quite interesting to give thought to. Given it's already been represented through the Super Smash Bros. series, perhaps there'll be a little bias that comes about because of that. Nonetheless, I've been considering this role and I think I've come to a solid conclusion. This one feels like it'll be a blast.

Character Name: Donkey Kong
First Appearance: Donkey Kong (1981)

Arguably one of Nintendo's first icons, Donkey Kong - the banana-loving gorilla hero (and sometimes villain!) - feels like a natural inclusion into a fighting game like this. With a lengthy and storied history within Nintendo's catalogue - be it as an icon of a new arcade contender in the early 80s, a trailblazer of the collectathon genre in the 90s, or a beloved, tough-as-nails platformer icon in the modern era - Donkey Kong's got a lot to work with, and a personality to match. Few characters in Nintendo's catalogue have anywhere near the pedigree that this guy has - he's the leader of the bunch for a reason, after all.

In terms of moveset, I feel like a grappler would suit him fairly well, but it would still be cool for him to represent aspects of his appearance across the board. Seeing him pick up a barrel and smash it on his opponents' head, for instance, could be really fun - but it's important to try and make a balance between his appearances overall. Nonetheless, he's an iconic and logical pick for a roster like this, who feels like he's important enough to be obvious, but not quite obvious enough to be a "well, duh." pick.

Job #05:
This might seem like a bit of an odd point, but I think a total of 50 characters - 25 in each side - feels like a solid foundation. It's a big number, especially for a traditional fighting game - but Disney and Nintendo both have a lot to work with. (I personally feel Disney might have a little too much to work with given their library now includes Marvel, FOX and Star Wars... but maybe we'll look into that later down the line.) I think 25 on each side allows for plenty of "obvious" picks to get in whilst also leaving just enough space for some less obvious but still cool inclusions, and maybe an oddball on each side to boot. This isn't taking into account DLC yet, though. I feel we should cross that bridge when we come to it.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job 3 Mulan (Mulan)
Profile_-_Mulan.jpg

Hailing from the 1998 Disney classic, Mulan could bring a lot to the table, being a warrior and all. She's practically a given for any Disney combat game. And hey, easy Disney princess rep.

On a side-note, if I had a nickel for every time I submitted Mulan for a Disney fighter creation thread, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but weird it's happened twice.

Job 4 Lucina (Fire Emblem)
Lucina_(Fire_Emblem).png

We could have many potential cannidates for FE, but I'm picking Lucina. She basically one of the the modern day faces, and assuming we add Mulan, they'd probably be counterparts of each other. Ya know, both being women who ended up disguising themselves as men and all.

Job 5
Let's say 36. That'd be 18 per side, which I think would be enough without feeling a bit too overboard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aladdin_Disney_pose.png

Aladdin
Considered one of the best Disney movies. Aladdin has a lot of moveset potential. From using his sword to the magic carpet to the lamp.

Samus_Aran.png

Samus
Metroid is a pretty big series and Samus is an iconic character. I think Samus would be amazingly fun in a MVC type game tbh.

I'll go 38. That's the MVC3 base roster + Shuma and Jill. Which sounds about right for a new IP.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 3:

Disney Character

Donald Duck (Mickey Mouse)

donald_duck.jpg

Another super iconic Disney character who needs no big introduction. Hailing from the Mickey Mouse series, this duck has a ton of history behind him having appeared in the most films than any other Disney character and for appearing in comics as well.Donald's moveset can be based around his fiery temper, his mischievious personality, his service in the navy, etc. Heck, you can even sneak in some DuckTales references if we are lucky. Basically, a huge staple of Disney right here.

Job 4:

Nintendo Character

Inkling (Splatoon)

images.jpeg

Another Nintendo character who doesn't need an introduction. Some of the newer rising stars in the Nintendo world are the Inklings from Splatoon.
You can play as both the girl or boy Inkling. Their moveset will consist of the weapons (think similar to Frank West from UMvC3) and so forth. I feel for a game like this, they can provide fun movesets. Throw in the ink based gimmick they had in SSBU to this. They would be surprisingly fun, even to me for someone who is not a huge Splatoon fan.

Job 5:

Roster Size

I'll have to go with KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 and agree with the roster size being 50. It sounds doable to me. It's huge but reasonable for these two empires of entertainment clashing against one another for sure.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job 3: Goofy

One of Mickey's famous iconic friends who has much of a history much as both Mickey and Donald. Featuring in films like A Goofy Movie and such. Their moveset could just be him being clumsy and making accidents to people. Maybe he could also have a sheld to use to fight with like KH. Super Goofy could be used as a Super Move.

Job 4: Waluigi

Of course, we can't forget him. Waluigi is Luigi's arch-enemy and certainly a contender for next Smash after the massive support for him at the start of SSBU's speculation. His moveset can consist of the variety of sports and/or dice from Mario Sports and Party Games.

Valentinuci

Smash Rookie

For the Nintendo character, I am going with Fox Mccloud.
Not only is he decently iconic, he would be a very fun rushdown character in my opinion.
For the Disney side, I’m going with Wreck It Ralph. Not only does he fit the niche “big guy” of the Disney side, but he also has encountered Nintendo characters before, mainly Bowser. Also, Ralph vs Donkey Kong would be damn perfect.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Job 3:

Stitch
Everybody’s favorite alien dog from space Hawaii, Stitch has multiple movies, shows and games to his name, and is still very popular today. Stitch is also a perfect fit for a fighting game, with a wide variety of physical abilities and weapons available to him.

Job 4:

Captain Falcon
Need I say any more? The star of the F-Zero series and potentially moreso synonymous with Smash Bros., Captain Falcon is a huge fan favorite, and it just wouldn’t feel right to have a Nintendo fighting game without him.

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Job 3:

Name: Jack Sparrow
Series: Pirates of the Carribean

As one of the most successful movie series that Disney has created, I believe they should have representation in this game, and none is as popular as Captain Jack. As a swashbuckler, he'd fight wielding his sword and his pistol, with other attacks that would allow him to trick his opponent. His actions suggest that he would be incompetent to his enemies, but he is an incredibly skilled and talented leader.

Job 4:

Name: Kirby
Series: Kirby

This loveable puffball absolutely deserves a spot on this roster. As we've seen in Smash Bros Ultimate, Kirby's copy ability allows him to be versatile. It would also be fun to see him turn into various disney characters. He's just got to get in.

Job 5:
For the roster size, I'd say a decent start would be 40 characters.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Job 3:

As one of the most successful movie series that Disney has created, I believe they should have representation in this game, and none is as popular as Captain Jack. As a swashbuckler, he'd fight wielding his sword and his pistol, with other attacks that would allow him to trick his opponent. His actions suggest that he would be incompetent to his enemies, but he is an incredibly skilled and talented leader.

Job 4:

This loveable puffball absolutely deserves a spot on this roster. As we've seen in Smash Bros Ultimate, Kirby's copy ability allows him to be versatile. It would also be fun to see him turn into various disney characters. He's just got to get in.

Job 5:
Just letting you know that Kirby was already nominated, but there's still plenty of other notable Nintendo characters still not nominated (Bowser, Peach, Wario, Yoshi, etc.)

On a side note, I honestly love how there's so many different great potential rivalries for this game if a rival system of sorts is added. Some examples of already nominated characters (the first 3 were already mentioned) and a few not nominated I thought up are:

Link vs. Peter Pan
Lucina vs. Mulan
DK vs. Wreck-It Ralph
Ganondorf vs. Maleficent (villain with dark magic, transforms into giant monster)
Wario vs. Pete (heavyset rival to company mascot)
Samus vs. Boba Fett (if Star Wars is on base roster)
Fox vs. Buzz Lightyear

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Link & Peter Pan

Not much to say, 2 iconic characters who would be cool to see cross over.

Roster Size: 50
Job 3:
Simba (The lion king)
View attachment 365388
The main protagonist of the Lion King movie series and he is a lion who was Mufasa's son, but his father died because of Scar who let him fall into the stampede of animals, killing him. Then after his father's death, Simba went on adventure meeting new friends and he defeated Scar to become a new king of the Africa.
Simba is one of most recognizable disney characters of all time and he is considered as one of best fictional felines (yes, lions are cats actually). Also we need a fighter that is quadrupedal.
(He would appear as an adult in this game)

Job 4:
Pikachu (Pokemon)
View attachment 365390
One of Gen 1 pokemon and an electric mouse that became a mascot for Pokemon franchise. It debuted in Kanto region (based on japanese Kanto region) and it can evolve into Raichu. It's one of most recognizable pokemon of all time, plus it's electric moveset could translate well in the fighting game.

Job 5:
I would say 40. While we have a lot of Nintendo characters to choose from, I feel that the number would fit for a first NvD fighting game.
Ooh can I join in? If I may I’d like to nominate the beast from beauty and the beast and seeing as link has been done toad

Job 3: The Beast

One of the main characters from one disney's most iconic films he is a perfect choice for this game. Beauty and the Beast is one of the best known known fairy tales in the world and disney's version is iconic, in fact the first animated film to be nominated for best picture at the oscars. the character is synonymous with disney. As for fighting style, well he has claws, strength, teeth, horns and teeth so he'd be a strong character with a wild moveset. He would be very powerful and capable to deal a lot of damage very fast so he'd have to have some weaknesses to balance him out.

Job 4: Toad

Well I've going on about him in smash all this time so I was always gonna nom him at some point. A major character in the most successful franchise and frequently playable across said franchise, Toad is a gaming icon. Now as for moveset I think he should be fast and light weight. He moves should involve him using the powers of the many mushrooms from the series. Speed boosts for dash attacks, poison mushrooms for poison for lingering damage, he could even lob rock mushrooms to deal heavy damage.
Job 3:Winnie The Pooh

Winnie The Pooh is the iconic eponymous character,the is a plush bear that eats honey. absolutely,if pooh joins the roster,the game would be banned in China.

Job 4:Kirby

Kirby is also the eponymous protagonist,he is a most powerful and innocent creature that lives in a planet called Pop Star.
Job #03:
Whilst there's a lot of popular Disney picks to potentially go with, I feel the main issue is that we might find ourselves in similar trappings to other Disney rosters from the off. There's a lot of iconic "things" to represent overall - be they the ever-popular Disney Princesses line, Mickey Mouse and his cartoon-origin pals, or even some of Disney's more unusual properties like the Medfield College collection. However, I felt a really solid pick for an opener would be someone inspired - iconic, but unique. Someone practically perfect in every way.

Character Name: Mary Poppins
First Appearance: Mary Poppins (1964)

A representation of a genuinely under-represented aspect of Disney's library - namely live-action media and musicals - Mary Poppins is the magical nanny that arrives one day in London, riding clouds and eventually caring for the Banks children. With a touch of magic and her own natural skill, she ends up guiding those around her on a better path, eventually leaving on the wind once more to many more of her most unusual adventures. Amongst other places, she appears to have arrived in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?'s Toontown and even as a townsperson in Disney Infinity, perhaps indicating her relative importance.

Mary herself could have an incredibly unique moveset that really wouldn't be replicable by other characters. Whilst movement tools such as her umbrella spring to mind as obvious inclusions, I think her having an incredibly unorthodox moveset utilising her magical abilities would be wonderful. Whether it be her opening her carpetbag and revealing her hatstand, which springs forward and hits her opponent - or perhaps sprinkling a spoonful of sugar that stuns enemies around her - she'd have a very unique playstyle overall.

Of course, Mary Poppins isn't a character originally made by Disney - like much of Disney's catalogue, her original film was a loose adaptation of written works (in this case by P. L. Travers.) However, this hasn't stopped her - and others! - becoming much more well-known for their Disney incarnations, so I feel she'd be a reasonable inclusion.

Job #04:
Nintendo's library is quite interesting to give thought to. Given it's already been represented through the Super Smash Bros. series, perhaps there'll be a little bias that comes about because of that. Nonetheless, I've been considering this role and I think I've come to a solid conclusion. This one feels like it'll be a blast.

Character Name: Donkey Kong
First Appearance: Donkey Kong (1981)

Arguably one of Nintendo's first icons, Donkey Kong - the banana-loving gorilla hero (and sometimes villain!) - feels like a natural inclusion into a fighting game like this. With a lengthy and storied history within Nintendo's catalogue - be it as an icon of a new arcade contender in the early 80s, a trailblazer of the collectathon genre in the 90s, or a beloved, tough-as-nails platformer icon in the modern era - Donkey Kong's got a lot to work with, and a personality to match. Few characters in Nintendo's catalogue have anywhere near the pedigree that this guy has - he's the leader of the bunch for a reason, after all.

In terms of moveset, I feel like a grappler would suit him fairly well, but it would still be cool for him to represent aspects of his appearance across the board. Seeing him pick up a barrel and smash it on his opponents' head, for instance, could be really fun - but it's important to try and make a balance between his appearances overall. Nonetheless, he's an iconic and logical pick for a roster like this, who feels like he's important enough to be obvious, but not quite obvious enough to be a "well, duh." pick.

Job #05:
This might seem like a bit of an odd point, but I think a total of 50 characters - 25 in each side - feels like a solid foundation. It's a big number, especially for a traditional fighting game - but Disney and Nintendo both have a lot to work with. (I personally feel Disney might have a little too much to work with given their library now includes Marvel, FOX and Star Wars... but maybe we'll look into that later down the line.) I think 25 on each side allows for plenty of "obvious" picks to get in whilst also leaving just enough space for some less obvious but still cool inclusions, and maybe an oddball on each side to boot. This isn't taking into account DLC yet, though. I feel we should cross that bridge when we come to it.
Job 3 Mulan (Mulan)
View attachment 365391
Hailing from the 1998 Disney classic, Mulan could bring a lot to the table, being a warrior and all. She's practically a given for any Disney combat game. And hey, easy Disney princess rep.

On a side-note, if I had a nickel for every time I submitted Mulan for a Disney fighter creation thread, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but weird it's happened twice.

Job 4 Lucina (Fire Emblem)
View attachment 365392
We could have many potential cannidates for FE, but I'm picking Lucina. She basically one of the the modern day faces, and assuming we add Mulan, they'd probably be counterparts of each other. Ya know, both being women who ended up disguising themselves as men and all.

Job 5
Let's say 36. That'd be 18 per side, which I think would be enough without feeling a bit too overboard.
Job 3: Elsa (Frozen)
View attachment 365398
Job 4: Villager (Animal Crossing)
View attachment 365399
View attachment 365402
Aladdin
Considered one of the best Disney movies. Aladdin has a lot of moveset potential. From using his sword to the magic carpet to the lamp.

View attachment 365404
Samus
Metroid is a pretty big series and Samus is an iconic character. I think Samus would be amazingly fun in a MVC type game tbh.

I'll go 38. That's the MVC3 base roster + Shuma and Jill. Which sounds about right for a new IP.
Job 3:

Disney Character

Donald Duck (Mickey Mouse)

View attachment 365403

Another super iconic Disney character who needs no big introduction. Hailing from the Mickey Mouse series, this duck has a ton of history behind him having appeared in the most films than any other Disney character and for appearing in comics as well.Donald's moveset can be based around his fiery temper, his mischievious personality, his service in the navy, etc. Heck, you can even sneak in some DuckTales references if we are lucky. Basically, a huge staple of Disney right here.

Job 4:

Nintendo Character

Inkling (Splatoon)

View attachment 365405

Another Nintendo character who doesn't need an introduction. Some of the newer rising stars in the Nintendo world are the Inklings from Splatoon.
You can play as both the girl or boy Inkling. Their moveset will consist of the weapons (think similar to Frank West from UMvC3) and so forth. I feel for a game like this, they can provide fun movesets. Throw in the ink based gimmick they had in SSBU to this. They would be surprisingly fun, even to me for someone who is not a huge Splatoon fan.

Job 5:

Roster Size

I'll have to go with KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 and agree with the roster size being 50. It sounds doable to me. It's huge but reasonable for these two empires of entertainment clashing against one another for sure.
Job 3: Goofy

One of Mickey's famous iconic friends who has much of a history much as both Mickey and Donald. Featuring in films like A Goofy Movie and such. Their moveset could just be him being clumsy and making accidents to people. Maybe he could also have a sheld to use to fight with like KH. Super Goofy could be used as a Super Move.

Job 4: Waluigi

Of course, we can't forget him. Waluigi is Luigi's arch-enemy and certainly a contender for next Smash after the massive support for him at the start of SSBU's speculation. His moveset can consist of the variety of sports and/or dice from Mario Sports and Party Games.

For the Nintendo character, I am going with Fox Mccloud.
Not only is he decently iconic, he would be a very fun rushdown character in my opinion.
For the Disney side, I’m going with Wreck It Ralph. Not only does he fit the niche “big guy” of the Disney side, but he also has encountered Nintendo characters before, mainly Bowser. Also, Ralph vs Donkey Kong would be damn perfect.
Job 3:

Stitch
Everybody’s favorite alien dog from space Hawaii, Stitch has multiple movies, shows and games to his name, and is still very popular today. Stitch is also a perfect fit for a fighting game, with a wide variety of physical abilities and weapons available to him.

Job 4:

Captain Falcon
Need I say any more? The star of the F-Zero series and potentially moreso synonymous with Smash Bros., Captain Falcon is a huge fan favorite, and it just wouldn’t feel right to have a Nintendo fighting game without him.
Job 3:

Job 4:

Job 5:
Alright, I will close the job. Vote for your top 5 characters for each side as well as your top two roster sizes. For characters, you can only put your own submission in fourth or fifth. For roster size, you can put your own in first. I will be adding in the top 3 characters that recieve the most votes!

Now, for your only job for today!

Job 6:

Come up with a title for this game! Every fighting game needs a zinger to their title! Why don't we come up with one for our untitled Disney vs Nintendo fighting game?

Disney:

Peter Pan nirvanafan nirvanafan
Simba (The Lion King) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
The Beast (Beauty and The Beast) fogbadge fogbadge
Winnie the Pooh DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Mary Poppins KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Mulan Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Elsa (Frozen) Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Aladdin @Darkonedagger
Donald Duck (Mickey Mouse) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Goofy (Mickey Mouse) Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Ralph (Wreck-It-Ralph) V Valentinuci
Stitch (Lilo and Stitch) 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower
Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Carribean) Soul_of_Xeno Soul_of_Xeno

Nintendo:

Link (Legend of Zelda) nirvanafan nirvanafan
Pikachu (Pokémon) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Toad (Super Mario) fogbadge fogbadge
Kirby DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 and Soul_of_Xeno Soul_of_Xeno
Donkey Kong (Mario/Donkey Kong) KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Lucina (Fire Emblem) Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Villager (Animal Crossing) Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Samus (Metroid) @Darkonedagger
Inkling (Splatoon) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Waluigi (Super Mario) Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Fox McCloud (Star Fox) V Valentinuci
Captain Falcon (F-Zero) 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower

Roster Sizes:

36 Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
38 @Darkonedagger
40 Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and Soul_of_Xeno Soul_of_Xeno
50 nirvanafan nirvanafan , AlteredBeast AlteredBeast and KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99

Get voting and remember to submit a title if you have an idea for one!

Disney:

1. Ralph
2. Stitch
3. Mary Poppins
4. Donald Duck
5. Mulan

Nintendo:

1. Link
2. Donkey Kong
3. Pikachu
4. Fox McCloud
5. Samus

All excellent nominations from everyone for sure.

Roster sizes:

1. 38
2. 50

My title idea:

Disney vs Nintendo: Scuffle of Superstars

Both brands are super huge and big in their own mediums. In fact, both brands have superstar characters that are iconic and recognizable. Plus, one of the main Disney songs is "When You Wish Upon a Star" and Mario has a Starman item, both companies have to do with stars, so it works out.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Alright, I will close the job. Vote for your top 5 characters for each side as well as your top two roster sizes. For characters, you can only put your own submission in fourth or fifth. For roster size, you can put your own in first. I will be adding in the top 3 characters that recieve the most votes!

Now, for your only job for today!

Job 6:

Come up with a title for this game! Every fighting game needs a zinger to their title! Why don't we come up with one for our untitled Disney vs Nintendo fighting game?

Disney:

Peter Pan nirvanafan nirvanafan
Simba (The Lion King) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
The Beast (Beauty and The Beast) fogbadge fogbadge
Winnie the Pooh DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Mary Poppins KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Mulan Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Elsa (Frozen) Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Aladdin @Darkonedagger
Donald Duck (Mickey Mouse) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Goofy (Mickey Mouse) Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Ralph (Wreck-It-Ralph) V Valentinuci
Stitch (Lilo and Stitch) 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower
Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Carribean) Soul_of_Xeno Soul_of_Xeno

Nintendo:

Link (Legend of Zelda) nirvanafan nirvanafan
Pikachu (Pokémon) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Toad (Super Mario) fogbadge fogbadge
Kirby DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 and Soul_of_Xeno Soul_of_Xeno
Donkey Kong (Mario/Donkey Kong) KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Lucina (Fire Emblem) Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Villager (Animal Crossing) Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Samus (Metroid) @Darkonedagger
Inkling (Splatoon) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Waluigi (Super Mario) Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Fox McCloud (Star Fox) V Valentinuci
Captain Falcon (F-Zero) 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower

Roster Sizes:

36 Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
38 @Darkonedagger
40 Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and Soul_of_Xeno Soul_of_Xeno
50 nirvanafan nirvanafan , AlteredBeast AlteredBeast and KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99

Get voting and remember to submit a title if you have an idea for one!

Disney:

1. Ralph
2. Stitch
3. Mary Poppins
4. Donald Duck
5. Mulan

Nintendo:

1. Link
2. Donkey Kong
3. Pikachu
4. Fox McCloud
5. Samus

All excellent nominations from everyone for sure.

Roster sizes:

1. 38
2. 50

My title idea:

Disney vs Nintendo: Scuffle of Superstars

Both brands are super huge and big in their own mediums. In fact, both brands have superstar characters that are iconic and recognizable. Plus, one of the main Disney songs is "When You Wish Upon a Star" and Mario has a Starman item, both companies have to do with stars, so it works out.
1. Donald Duck feels like a really obvious pick somehow, but also has plenty of potential. I have very little to say on him, except he'd be cool.
2. Mulan would be a great take on the "Disney Princess" formula with a very unique moveset, even if her film's remake wasn't all that great.
3. Wreck-It Ralph. If there's a perfect Disney pick here, I think this is it given the context of his media. I think the only issue is he doesn't feel like as much of a "shoe-in" pick as some of the others, but I'd love to see him get in later down the line.
4. Elsa. She's a bit obvious, right? Yeah - but she'd still be undeniably cool as a character. I think the main problem here is that she has a ton of potential, but she'd need to be really simple so that 6 year olds could play her. Having a summoner archetype with mid-range tools by summoning both ice golems and icicles would be cool, but she might be a bit complex mechanically.
5. Simba. He'd be undeniably cool, but I feel like it might be somewhat difficult to transition an actual lion into a traditional fighting game. Nonetheless, I think it's at least interesting, and The Lion King is undeniably popular.

1. Kirby would be very cool, if done well. The issue with Kirby is that he'd need to be really simple and approachable, a lot like Elsa. Thing is, though, you could easily do a ton of unique things with him - whether you give him his own mechanic in the form of assists from characters like Knuckle Joe, or have him use different abilities as opposed to just original stuff.
2. Inkling feels like a really solid pick as both a modern rep, a solid IP rep, and a unique fighter overall. I don't know how to put it, but they feel necessary in a good way.
3. Link would also be a great pick to see here. I think it'd be cool to go with a less traditional way of representing him, though - whether it be a "Classic" form that takes purely from the early games in the series, Toon Link just as his own character, or maybe BotW Link.
4. Pikachu. "Duh." Look, I think he's just an obvious pick that has to get in at some point. Nonetheless, he could still have plenty of unique potential, but really not much we haven't seen before.
5. Lucina would be cool. I mean, sword fighters lend to a unique spacing-based moveset in tradfighters anyways. I honestly have very little to say on the matter, she just seems logical.

1. 50. There's too many characters (and too much money!) on both sides to be "reasonable" I think.
2. 40. See above.

As for the title, I think Screen-To-Screen Smackdown could be pretty fun, representing the differences between Nintendo's video games and Disney's films and the like.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ok then

Disney
1: The Beast
2: Mulan
3: Wreck it Ralph
4: Aladdin
5: Donald Duck

Nintendo
1: Link
2: Toad
3: Pikachu
4: Kirby
5: Villager

Roster Size
1: 50
2: 40

Name Suggestion
Super Dream Royale: Nintendo vs Disney

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Donkey Kong
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Kirby

Wreck It Ralph
Peter Pan
Mary Poppins
Aladdin
Winnie the Pooh

Disney vs Nintendo: Rival Icons

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
1. Wreck It Ralph
2. Stitch
3. Donald Duck
4. Jack Sparrow
5. Mary Poppins

1. Link
2. Luigi
3. Captain Falcon
4. Kirby
5. Pikachu

Name: Nintendo vs Disney: Dreamlight Universe

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!
2. Wreck-It Ralph
3. Jack Sparrow
4. Goofy
5. Peter Pan

1. Donkey Kong
2. Link
3. Captain Falcon
4. Kirby
5. Inkling

Name: Disney VS Nintendo. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. Elsa
2. Stitch
3. Peter Pan
4. Wreck-it Ralph
5. Mulan

1.Samus
2. Pikachu
3. Link
4. Donkey Kong
5. Captain Falcon

1. 38
2. 40

Name:
Disney/Nintendo: Playing With Magic

Using the "/" in a similar way that they do with "Disney/Pixar" to really hit this home as a collaboration of sorts. Meanwhile Playing with Magic I took from Nintendo's ol "Playing with Power" slogan they used in the west back in the day(though I think it works even without knowing the reference) with a slice of the typical Disney magic.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Job 6: Disney Plus Nintendo: Super Kingdom Worlds
Basically, a spoof on the branding of Disney+, also being a handy signifier of a cross-over. Kingdom refers to both the Mushroom Kingdom (in the same way Super Smash Bros. refers to Super Mario Bros.) and Disney Magic Kingdom being both a freemium crossover game and the name for one of the Disney parks (while also keeping the stature of two media titans going head to head). World refers to Disney World and Super refers to Super Mario and gives the title a bit more cartooniness appeal to it (and also making it less derivative of Kingdom Hearts)

1. Donald Duck
2. Wreck-It Ralph
3. Elsa
4. Simba
5. Stitch

1. DK
2. Inkling
3. Link
4. Samus
5. Lucina

1. 50
2. 40

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, time to close the voting and close the title submission job. Just letting everyone know, for those who put their own character submissions in any other place besides 4th or fitth will automatically be counted for fourth place. Now, for the results:

Disney Side:

Peter Pan: 11
Simba: 10
The Beast: 2
Winnie the Pooh: 1
Mary Poppins: 12
Mulan: 19
Elsa: 25
Aladdin: 15
Donald Duck: 36
Goofy: 10
Ralph: 48
Stitch: 33

Jack Sparrow: 13

Nintendo Side:

Link: 68
Pikachu: 38

Toad: 2
Kirby: 37
Donkey Kong: 34
Lucina: 2
Villager: 2
Samus: 30
Inkling: 11
Waluigi: 0 :(
Fox McCloud: 3
Captain Falcon: 7

Roster Size:

36: 0
38: 4
40: 12
50: 20

It seems Donald Duck, Ralph and Stitch will get in as our first three newcomers for the Disney side. Also, Link, Pikachui and Kirby will get in on the Disney side. Congrats to me, V Valentinuci , 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower , nirvanafan nirvanafan , Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 and Soul_of_Xeno Soul_of_Xeno for getting in. Also, congrats to me, nirvanafan and KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 for getting our desired roster size to a solid 50 characters in total (25 on each side)!

Now, to vote for a title. Vote for your top 4 title ideas, you can put your own in first if you desire.

Disney vs Nintendo: Scuffle of Superstars AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Disney vs Nintendo: Multiversal Clash Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Disney vs Nintendo: Screen-To-Screen Smackdown KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Disney VS Nintendo: Smashing Stars DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Super Dream Royale: Nintendo vs Disney fogbadge fogbadge
Disney vs Nintendo: Rival Icons nirvanafan nirvanafan

Nintendo vs Disney: Dreamlight Universe Soul_of_Xeno Soul_of_Xeno
Disney vs Nintendo Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Disney/Nintendo: Playing With Magic Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Disney Plus Nintendo: Super Kingdom Worlds WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever

Now, onward to our next two jobs and a discussion prompt:

Discussion Prompt:

How should we deal with stages? How many stages should we have in total in the base game? Should we have a stage per series? One per character? This is our time to discuss about it.

Job 7:

Submit a stage for a Disney franchise represented on the roster by a fighter.

These franchises include:

• Mickey Mouse
  • Wreck-It-Ralph
  • Lilo and Stitch
Job 8:

Submit a stage for a Nintendo franchise represented on the roster by a fighter.

These franchises include:

• Super Mario
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Pokémon
  • Kirby
Since this will be a traditional tag-team fighting game, all stages will be kind of the same flat ground like you would expect in a Marvel vs Capcom-esque game. Just talk about how the stage would be like including background elements, cameos of characters on the stage, etc.

Get submitting!

My title votes:

1. Screen-To-Screen Smackdown
2. Playing with Magic
3. Scuffle of Superstars
4. Super Kingdom Worlds

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Job 7: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

93D01364-C570-453A-B0F0-DE560D06B5A4.jpeg
Meeska-mooska, Mickey Mouse! To celebrate the addition of Donald Duck as part of the Mickey Mouse & Friends-verse, I feel this stage strikes a nice balance between being a Mickey Mouse stage (rather than a Donald Duck/DuckTales exclusive locale like the Money Bin) and a Donald Duck stage (rather than a Mickey Mouse-exclusive stage like Steamboat Willy or the Castle of Illusion).

The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse would take place in the garden of the Clubhouse, Toodles would occassionally fly by to drop of a Mouseketool for the background characters, which affects the background (but not the fighters). When a character is KOd, the background characters (which are the most famous of Mickeys friends, such as Goofy, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Pluto and other characters like Clarabelle Cow and Pete) start doing the hot dog dance as featured at the end of each episode. Talk about a taunt!

1. Playing with Magic
2. Dreamlight Universe
3. Smashing Stars
4. Super Dream Royale

Job 7:
Niceland, Fix-it Felix Jr. (Wreck-it Ralph)
1672161430892.png
Niceland is a location that takes place inside Fix It Felix Jr. arcade game (made by Tobikomi in 1982 in-universe) and it's home for Nicelanders and Fix-it Felix Jr. Wreck-it Ralph is the villain of the game where he has to destroy the building with his bare hands and Felix has to repair it.

The stage would take place in front of the building and the nicelanders make a cameo in background, spectating the fight.

Job 8:
Mushroom Kingdom
1672161625477.png
Mushroom Kingdom is one of main setting from Super Mario video games and it's a grassy kingdom where Toads live under Peach's control.

As a stage, it would take place in front of castle. Various Mario characters make cameo here (except DK and Wario characters).
1. Multiversal Clash
2. Smashing Stars
3. Super Kingdom worlds
4. Screen-to-screen smackdown

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Screen to Screen Smackdown
2. Scuffle of Superstars
3. Smashing Stars
4. Multiversal Clash

Job 8: Hyrule Castle (Zelda)

Takes place at the bottom of the castle. Zelda, guards, and enemies like Octoroks would make cameos.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Disney VS Nintendo (simple but good)
2. Super Kingdom Worlds
3. Smashing Stars
4. Scuffle of Superstars

Job 8:Pokémon Stadium (Pokémon)

Pokémon Stadium is a traditional stadium where pokémons can fight and two trainers can command them while the public is watching the battle. the stage is similar from Pokémon Stadium 2 from Smash games but without platforms and the stage can't change of design.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
aw no one voted for the beast. drat

as for how handle stages i would suggest one per character

Job 7

Mickey's Dream.
set upon the dream sequence from sorcerer's apprentice the stage is set upon a huge rock with crashing waves and shooting stars. this is by far one of mickey's most iconic moments and is perhaps the most ideal for stage choices for him. well i suppose a certain steamboat would be better suited for him but i think we should save the boat stage for donald.

Job 8

Shiekah Shrine
set below ground within one of the many shrines found in botw. the distinctive blue lightning would feature all over and the background could range from simply one of the monks or one of the many puzzles.

Votes
1: Super Dream Royale
2: Playing with Magic
3: Smashing Stars
4: Disney vs Nintendo

D

Deleted member

I think one per series and the a couple extras works.

HC_SugarRushMoment_V15-med.jpg

Sugar Rush (Wreck it Ralph)
A bright and colourful stage full of candy. Racers speed by in the background

350px-KRtDL_Giant_Whispy_Woods_screenshot.png

Dream Land (Kirby)
Players fight in a grassy field full of flowers and trees and colourful elements. Wispy Woods is in thw background.

1. Super Dream Royale
2. Super Kingdom Worlds
3. Playing with Magic
4. Disney vs Nintendo

Last edited by a moderator:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Disney vs Nintendo
Playing with Magic
Rival Icons
Screen to Screen Smackdown

Id say to have 50 stages to match the fighters but would not restrict anything besides each playable series having at least 1 stage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom