• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Disney/Nintendo: Playing with Magic: A VS Fighting Game

Which company should be the video game company Disney should square off against?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Insert the Clock Tower theme from MvC2

560490-marvel_vs_capcom_fixposter.jpg

So....as many of you know, this is an idea I have had floating around for a good while, a new entry of a Vs fighting game that involves a brand new video game company and a non-video game company. This thread was inspired by OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos and her thread for Konami vs Capcom. We have even had a thread such as Marvel vs DC: Infinity Crisis created by Megadoomer Megadoomer However, this thread will be a chance to explore companies not really represented in the current collection of creation threads we have. We also had a Nicktoons vs SEGA thread a while back but that never came to fruition. But....this is our chance to make our dream tag team fighter with companies decided on via democratic voting.

Disney Side (6/25):

082cce3add1418e48ef80208694e8f86.png

Mickey Mouse
30614-9-donald-duck-transparent-background.png

Donald Duck (Mickey Mouse)
5a722fd3f20f12107488b048.png

Ralph (Wreck-It-Ralph)
Disney-Lilo-And-Stitch-PNG-Image.png

Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)
bauzinho-web-web-frozen-imagens-png-11.png

Elsa (Frozen)
mulan_png_by_biebersays_d6p9rhj-fullview.png

Fa Mulan (Mulan)

Nintendo Side (6/25):

4653d885a6dd4bff3b6bcea47a8f8d5a.png

Mario
Zelda-Link-PNG-Transparent-Picture.png

Link (Legend of Zelda)
pikachu-transparent-hd-1.png

Pikachu (Pokémon)
455.png

Kirby
Samus-Aran-PNG-Photos.png

Samus Aran (Metroid)
Princess-Peach-PNG-File.png

Princess Peach (Super Mario)

Basically, this game would be a 3 v 3 similar to Ultimate Marvel vs Cacpom 3. To be fair, since both Nintendo and Disney are family-oriented, I feel we should make the inputs a little simpler to make an introduction to tag-team fighters.

All characters will have:

Light, medium and heavies for standing and crouching

Three specials (light, medium and heavy) when used while airborne or grounded

Forward and back throws

Two assist buttons

Probably 4/5 special moves

3 Supers in the form of stars

As for the game's main gameplay gimmick, introducing....

Wishing Stars!

Basically, you can build a team with the Nintendo and Disney characters to form a powerful trio! Based on who's on your team, you will be granted with "Wishing Stars" that will give you slight buffs. For example, if your trio consists of Mario, Mickey and Donald, you'll gain a slight stat buff and get a slight leverage towards supers.

Disney Side (2/TBD)

Fantasia-disneyscreencaps.com-3582.jpg

Mickey's Dream (Mickey Mouse)
1672161430892.png

Niceland, Fix It Felix. Jr. (Wreck-It-Ralph)

Nintendo Side (2/TBD)

1672161625477.png

Mushroom Kingdom (Super Mario)
DarekPok%3FStadPreview.png

Pokémon Stadium (Pokémon)

TBD

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Now, it's time for our first two jobs of the thread:

Job 1:

Submit any non-video game company to be in the VS game as the non-video game company. This can be literally anything ranging from Kellogg's to A24 Films to Teletoon....even to something like Sesame Workshop, etc. Explain about your company, give a few examples of some IPs that they own and what they can bring to the table. Give me reason as to why your non-video game company should be chosen.

Job 2:

Submit any video-game company to be in the VS game as the video game company. Same rules apply as to the first job but for a video game company. Explain about your company, give a few examples of some IPs that they own and what they can bring to the table. Give me reason as to why your video game company should be chosen.

Remember, the more things your companies have, the more we will have to work with.

There are some restrictions to this job however...

The companies that are NOT eligible for submissions are as follows:

For non-video game companies:

• Marvel (Marvel vs Capcom exists)
  • DC (Recently, a Marvel vs DC game finished)
  • Shonen Jump (Shonen Jump vs Capcom creation thread)
  • Tatsunoko (Tatsunoko vs Capcom's existence)
For video game companies:

• Capcom (We have had a Konami vs Capcom creation thread, plus multiple VS Capcom games)
  • SNK (SNK vs Capcom exists)
  • Konami (Konami vs Capcom creation thread)
  • SEGA (Already multiple SEGA creation threads)
You can dip into a company with a creation thread in some form, but I encourage new companies to be put on the table that have not been represented in the creation threads subforums.

Remember, the sky is the limit here so get submitting!

Non video game company submission:
NBCUniversal
1670949427358.png
One of popular movie companies and it's responsible for greatest movies like Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, E.T. and Despicable Me (Which was made by Illumination).
It would be cool since Universal really likes to partner with any company for the attractions in Universal theme parks, so they could cross over with a video game company in a fighting game.
Video game company submission:
Nintendo
1670949460384.png
One of most popular video game companies of all time and it's not afraid of the crossovers considering that they have Super Smash Bros (a "video game" crossover fighting game). Plus it has a lot of characters and IPs to draw from for the content in the game.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Non-Video Game Company:

Hanna-Barbera

maxresdefault.jpg

I do not think there are many creation threads involving one of the greatest animation companies of all time. Hanna-Barbera was an American animation company that ran from 1957 to 2001. However, Warner Bros still makes movies and productions based off of these legendary cartoon companies. Loads of potential here. You got Scooby-Doo, The Flintstones, Wacky Races, The Yogi Bear Show, etc. Heck, we can even throw in The Smurfs as guests maybe. I feel a company as iconic as this could be awesome. Loads of fun characters to choose from and fun movesets as well. Plus, if there are chosen, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo will be the shoe-ins as Scooby-Doo is their most iconic IP.

Video-Game Company:

Square Enix

FE593E37-7B87-4F4D-AD99-A359C4B8A9E8.png

Square Enix are one of the most well-known Japanese video game developers. They own so many iconic IPs including Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Trials of Mana, etc. Basically they are known as one of the main JRPG developers. Some characters that can be used from the company are Cloud, Gex, Sora, Arusu, Neku, Lara Croft, etc. Lots of potential here. I remember there used to be a Final Fantasy platfighter creation thread but other than that, Square Enix has not gotten much exposure. Regardless, there may be limits so we will have to look for deep cuts.

Overall, my choices contrast between American animation company with scrimblo style animation and Japanese video game company with anime-esque animation.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Non-Gaming Company:
SONY ENTERTAINMENT
One of the largest Entertainment studios in the world, dabbling in animation, film, and music. Plenty of iconic world IPs trace back to here or have iconic films under their studio: Spider-Man, Ghostbusters, Men in Black, Karate Kid, Jumanji, Whiplash, even the Angry Birds! By mixing both their in-house and licensed IPs, we can easily whip up a film roster capable of going toe to toe with a major gaming company. Speaking of which...

Gaming Company:
SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT
Home to the Playstation, one of the most iconic gaming consoles in the worlds. Plenty of iconic gaming IPs trace back to here or have iconic games under their studio: Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Horizon, Gran Turismo, even MLB! By combing through their extensive gaming library and in-house studios, we can easily whip up a gaming roster capable going toe to toe with a major media company.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman

I don't think it needs to be said since it's Disney, one of the most famous media companies that will forever remain a big important part of American Culture from a century to beyond. Disney has tons of popular IPs that could be used in general. Not just Disney or Pixar animated movies but also IPs that Disney brought over the years such as Star Wars and Simpsons. There is really lot of things you can do with Disney characters fighting.

Microsoft is one of the big three when it comes to the console wars and up there with Nintendo and PlayStation. They have their own share of IPs such as Halo, Gears of War, Rare characters, etc but also IPs they have gained over the years such as Minecraft, DOOM, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and more (Their current deal with Actvision is undecided. So let's avoid using them for now).

EDITED

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Bandai Namco
All lot of good choices from tekken & soul calibur as well as other interesting ip like pacman, digimon, tales of, katamari, & from softwares library.

Hasbro
Owns many huge board game & toys such as Monopoly, Wizards of the Coast, & Power Rangers.

Last edited:

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
Non-Gaming Company:
SONY ENTERTAINMENT
One of the largest Entertainment studios in the world, dabbling in animation, film, and music. Plenty of iconic world IPs trace back to here or have iconic films under their studio: Spider-Man, Ghostbusters, Men in Black, Karate Kid, Jumanji, Whiplash, even the Angry Birds! By mixing both their in-house and licensed IPs, we can easily whip up a film roster capable of going toe to toe with a major gaming company. Speaking of which...

Gaming Company:
Home to the Playstation, one of the most iconic gaming consoles in the worlds. Plenty of iconic gaming IPs trace back to here or have iconic games under their studio: Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Horizon, Gran Turismo, even MLB! By combing through their extensive gaming library and in-house studios, we can easily whip up a gaming roster capable going toe to toe with a major media company.
Won't that just end up being Sony All-Stars.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Bandai Namco
All lot of good choices from tekken & soul calibur as well as other interesting ip like pacman, digimon, tales of, katamari, & from softwares library.

Hasbro
Owns many huge board game & toys such as Monopoly, Wizards of the Coast, & Power Rangers.
You should participate in my ongoing Hasbro thread!

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 1:Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. is a most known company that is owner of Cartoon Network,New Line Cinema and DC on media, Warner Bros. has your own music foundation called Warner Bros. Records and a video game foundation that is Warmer Bros. Games. and i can't forget their iconic francihses as Looney Tunes, DC on general, Harry Potter and Anamaniacs.

Job 2:Activision Blizzard

images (1).jpeg

Activision Blizzard is a company (or better,two companies) that is very known by your franchises as Call of Duty,World of Warcraft and Overwatch

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job One:

Hear me out. Whilst Image is mostly known for its catalogue being made up of creator-owned properties, I think there's a lot of potential for an interesting and diverse roster here. Whether we're going with stars from fighting game history such as Spawn, more modern and popular picks like Invincible, or inspired but nonetheless popular picks like Rick Grimes of The Walking Dead, Image's library has a vast amount to work with whilst still not being too much to handle (a problem that quickly arises when considering large companies like Disney or Warner Bros.) It's also pretty cool in that it keeps with the comic-based theming!

(I came really close to submitting Dark Horse here given some of my own biases toward stuff like TUA, The Mask and Grendel as well as their massive number of potential guests, but I think Image has a lot more prominent, marketable, and logical picks. Put it this way, if anyone else submits Dark Horse, they've got my vote.)

Job Two:

I was originally going to submit Square here too if I'm honest, but this is essentially my next-best pick (though it would be better suited to a smaller roster.) Atlus is in an interesting position, because a lot of people look at them and think "Oh yeah, the SMT people". Whilst that's certainly a big part of their library, it'd also be great to see representations of their other works - such as Power Instinct, Trauma Centre, Snowboard Kids, Maken, Etrian Odyssey, Catherine and so many others. Hey, you could even have Jason Voorhees as a guest with it making sense! (Much to the chagrin of James Rolfe, presumably.)

I didn't want to double up here or anything, so hopefully these are interesting picks.

D

Deleted member

Episodes-of-Nostalgic-Nickelodeon-Cartoons.jpg

Nickelodeon
A classic cartoon channel. I think there's a good potential mix of characters here. Icons like Spongebob and Rugrats, oddball shows like Ren & Stimpy, more anime styled shows like Avatar, and even acquired properties like TMNT and Garfield. We could even include some live action properties.

embracergroup-everystudio-blogroll-1651699525689.jpg

Embracer Group
A newer option. But they own a lot of stuff. Tomb Raider, Sants Row, Gex, Dues Ex, Borderlands, Duke Nukem. Their other buyouts could even get us the likes of Hellboy and Gandalf.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Non-Gaming Company: TMS Entertainment
2560px-TMS_Entertainment_logo.svg.png

I figure we could get some more weebish picks in here, and it'd be fun to tackle another anime studio, and in the end my choice was TMS. We have some pretty iconic IP at hand here, stuff like Lupin III, AKIRA, Rose of Versailles, etc. It'd be fun

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Studio Ghibli

(fanart by If-Wings-Could-Fly on DeviantArt)

Studio Ghibli is known for their modern classics in the realm of animation, and I think the characters and worlds lend themselves really well to a VS game like this one! Some of their IP's include...
  • My Neighbor Totoro
  • Spirited Away
  • Howl's Moving Castle
  • Kiki's Delivery Service
  • Princess Mononoke
  • Porco Rosso

Valve

(fanart by tfantoni on DeviantArt)

Valve is the company that's known for making, bar none, some of the best titles for the PC. While they don't have quite enough properties for a full SmashBoards Creates thread, something like this would be perfect for them. Some Most of of their IP's include...
  • Half-Life
  • Portal
  • Team Fortress
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Counter-Strike
  • Dota 2

AlRex

Smash Lord
Non-VG Company
233B8F51-281A-4F40-B770-F99DE2B2CB41.jpeg
General Mills. I pick them over Kellogg’s because I like their mascots better, with Lucky the Leprechaun, the Trix Rabbit, Sonny the Cuckoo Bird, the monsters, etc. Plus they also apparently own Betty Crocker and the Pillsbury Doughboy, as well, so why not? Advertising mascots had to get into this submission period in some way, at least.

VG Company
E50F6E85-C6EF-4FAA-8E66-CA89D2A6DC20.jpeg
Arc Systems Works. Already highly successful in fighting games, both their own (Guilty Gear, BlazBlue), as well as licensed ones (Dragon Ball, Persona, BBTag), as well as being the license holders for the old Technos series like River City Ransom and Double Dragon, they definitely have a decent amount to work with, as well as having experience in the field.

Attachments

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Hello everyone,

I am loving all these submissions honestly. There are a ton of them for sure. But, I will leave submissions open till Friday or Saturday to see if I can get a bit more in. Remember, you can submit any non-video game company and/or video game company that are not the companies I listed as not allowed. Be sure to give good reason as well. Happy submitting for the last day of submissions!

Valentinuci

Smash Rookie

Non Video-game company: Paramount
One of the biggest media conglomerates in the world, Paramount owns a lot of stuff. From South Park and Star Trek, to the Nicktoons and Mission Impossible, the catalogue of franchises they own is pretty large. If possible, we could even throw Optimus Prime and Sonic into the mix.
Videogame company: Tencent
While not that well known, Tencent still is one of the biggest videogame companies in the world. From League of Legends and Warframe, to Valorant and Clash of Clans, they own quite a lot, and are certainly a good option.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
NBCUniversal
View attachment 365021
One of popular movie companies and it's responsible for greatest movies like Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, E.T. and Despicable Me (Which was made by Illumination).
It would be cool since Universal really likes to partner with any company for the attractions in Universal theme parks, so they could cross over with a video game company in a fighting game.
One of most popular video game companies of all time and it's not afraid of the crossovers considering that they have Super Smash Bros (a "video game" crossover fighting game). Plus it has a lot of characters and IPs to draw from for the content in the game.
Non-Video Game Company:

Hanna-Barbera

View attachment 365023

I do not think there are many creation threads involving one of the greatest animation companies of all time. Hanna-Barbera was an American animation company that ran from 1957 to 2001. However, Warner Bros still makes movies and productions based off of these legendary cartoon companies. Loads of potential here. You got Scooby-Doo, The Flintstones, Wacky Races, The Yogi Bear Show, etc. Heck, we can even throw in The Smurfs as guests maybe. I feel a company as iconic as this could be awesome. Loads of fun characters to choose from and fun movesets as well. Plus, if there are chosen, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo will be the shoe-ins as Scooby-Doo is their most iconic IP.

Video-Game Company:

Square Enix

FE593E37-7B87-4F4D-AD99-A359C4B8A9E8.png

Square Enix are one of the most well-known Japanese video game developers. They own so many iconic IPs including Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Trials of Mana, etc. Basically they are known as one of the main JRPG developers. Some characters that can be used from the company are Cloud, Gex, Sora, Arusu, Neku, Lara Croft, etc. Lots of potential here. I remember there used to be a Final Fantasy platfighter creation thread but other than that, Square Enix has not gotten much exposure. Regardless, there may be limits so we will have to look for deep cuts.

Overall, my choices contrast between American animation company with scrimblo style animation and Japanese video game company with anime-esque animation.
Non-Gaming Company:
SONY ENTERTAINMENT

Gaming Company:

I don't think it needs to be said since it's Disney, one of the most famous media companies that will forever remain a big important part of American Culture from a century to beyond. Disney has tons of popular IPs that could be used in general. Not just Disney or Pixar animated movies but also IPs that Disney brought over the years such as Star Wars and Simpsons. There is really lot of things you can do with Disney characters fighting.

Microsoft is one of the big three when it comes to the console wars and up there with Nintendo and PlayStation. They have their own share of IPs such as Halo, Gears of War, Rare characters, etc but also IPs they have gained over the years such as Minecraft, DOOM, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and more (Their current deal with Actvision is undecided. So let's avoid using them for now).

EDITED
Bandai Namco

Hasbro
Job 1: Netflix
View attachment 365057
Owns Stanger Things, Cobra Kai, Castlevania, and Bojack Horseman.

Job 2: Ubisoft
View attachment 365058
Owns Rayman, Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia.
Job 1:Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. is a most known company that is owner of Cartoon Network,New Line Cinema and DC on media, Warner Bros. has your own music foundation called Warner Bros. Records and a video game foundation that is Warmer Bros. Games. and i can't forget their iconic francihses as Looney Tunes, DC on general, Harry Potter and Anamaniacs.

Job 2:Activision Blizzard

View attachment 365046

Activision Blizzard is a company (or better,two companies) that is very known by your franchises as Call of Duty,World of Warcraft and Overwatch
Job One:

Hear me out. Whilst Image is mostly known for its catalogue being made up of creator-owned properties, I think there's a lot of potential for an interesting and diverse roster here. Whether we're going with stars from fighting game history such as Spawn, more modern and popular picks like Invincible, or inspired but nonetheless popular picks like Rick Grimes of The Walking Dead, Image's library has a vast amount to work with whilst still not being too much to handle (a problem that quickly arises when considering large companies like Disney or Warner Bros.) It's also pretty cool in that it keeps with the comic-based theming!

(I came really close to submitting Dark Horse here given some of my own biases toward stuff like TUA, The Mask and Grendel as well as their massive number of potential guests, but I think Image has a lot more prominent, marketable, and logical picks. Put it this way, if anyone else submits Dark Horse, they've got my vote.)

Job Two:

I was originally going to submit Square here too if I'm honest, but this is essentially my next-best pick (though it would be better suited to a smaller roster.) Atlus is in an interesting position, because a lot of people look at them and think "Oh yeah, the SMT people". Whilst that's certainly a big part of their library, it'd also be great to see representations of their other works - such as Power Instinct, Trauma Centre, Snowboard Kids, Maken, Etrian Odyssey, Catherine and so many others. Hey, you could even have Jason Voorhees as a guest with it making sense! (Much to the chagrin of James Rolfe, presumably.)

I didn't want to double up here or anything, so hopefully these are interesting picks.
View attachment 365104
Nickelodeon
A classic cartoon channel. I think there's a good potential mix of characters here. Icons like Spongebob and Rugrats, oddball shows like Ren & Stimpy, more anime styled shows like Avatar, and even acquired properties like TMNT and Garfield. We could even include some live action properties.

View attachment 365106
Embracer Group
A newer option. But they own a lot of stuff. Tomb Raider, Sants Row, Gex, Dues Ex, Borderlands, Duke Nukem. Their other buyouts could even get us the likes of Hellboy and Gandalf.
Non-Gaming Company: TMS Entertainment
View attachment 365107
I figure we could get some more weebish picks in here, and it'd be fun to tackle another anime studio, and in the end my choice was TMS. We have some pretty iconic IP at hand here, stuff like Lupin III, AKIRA, Rose of Versailles, etc. It'd be fun
Studio Ghibli

(fanart by If-Wings-Could-Fly on DeviantArt)

Studio Ghibli is known for their modern classics in the realm of animation, and I think the characters and worlds lend themselves really well to a VS game like this one! Some of their IP's include...
  • My Neighbor Totoro
  • Spirited Away
  • Howl's Moving Castle
  • Kiki's Delivery Service
  • Princess Mononoke
  • Porco Rosso

Valve

(fanart by tfantoni on DeviantArt)

Valve is the company that's known for making, bar none, some of the best titles for the PC. While they don't have quite enough properties for a full SmashBoards Creates thread, something like this would be perfect for them. Some Most of of their IP's include...
  • Half-Life
  • Portal
  • Team Fortress
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Counter-Strike
  • Dota 2
Non-VG Company
View attachment 365116General Mills. I pick them over Kellogg’s because I like their mascots better, with Lucky the Leprechaun, the Trix Rabbit, Sonny the Cuckoo Bird, the monsters, etc. Plus they also apparently own Betty Crocker and the Pillsbury Doughboy, as well, so why not? Advertising mascots had to get into this submission period in some way, at least.

VG Company
View attachment 365118Arc Systems Works. Already highly successful in fighting games, both their own (Guilty Gear, BlazBlue), as well as licensed ones (Dragon Ball, Persona, BBTag), as well as being the license holders for the old Technos series like River City Ransom and Double Dragon, they definitely have a decent amount to work with, as well as having experience in the field.

Non Video-game company: Paramount
One of the biggest media conglomerates in the world, Paramount owns a lot of stuff. From South Park and Star Trek, to the Nicktoons and Mission Impossible, the catalogue of franchises they own is pretty large. If possible, we could even throw Optimus Prime and Sonic into the mix.
Videogame company: Tencent
While not that well known, Tencent still is one of the biggest videogame companies in the world. From League of Legends and Warframe, to Valorant and Clash of Clans, they own quite a lot, and are certainly a good option.

Alright everyone, it is time to close the first two jobs. Now, vote for your top 5 non-video game companies to potentially be the non-video game company we are to focus on. Same for the video game companies to see which video game company we should focus on. You can only put your own in fourth or fifth. Happy voting!

Non-Video Game Companies:

NBC Universal Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Hanna-Barbera AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
SONY Entertainment PinkFlare PinkFlare
Disney Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Hasbro nirvanafan nirvanafan
Netflix Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Warner Bros DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Image Comics KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Nickelodeon @Darkonedagger
TMS Entertainment Speed Weed Speed Weed
Studio Ghibli Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
General Mills AlRex AlRex
Paramount V Valentinuci

Video-Game Companies:

Nintendo Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Square Enix AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Sony Interactive Entertainment PinkFlare PinkFlare
Microsoft Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Bandai Namco nirvanafan nirvanafan
Ubisoft Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Activision Blizzard DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Atlus KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Embracer Group @Darkonedagger
Valve Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Arc System Works AlRex AlRex
Tencent V Valentinuci

My votes:

Non-video game company:

1. Warner Bros
2. General Mills
3. SONY Entertainment
4. Paramount
5. Hanna-Barbera

Video-game company:

1. Bandai Namco
2. Microsoft
3. Arc System Works
4. Ubisoft
5. Square Enix

Lots of good choices but I went with what companies would have the most potential in a roster plus companies I am familar with. But, overall, super stoked to see the amount of submissions for comapnies. This is beyond awesome and I thank everyone for contributing for real!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Studio Ghibli. Is it bad that I've never considered a Ghibli fighting game before now? Honestly, I think Ghibli's in a pretty cool spot. Obvious inclusions like Totoro, Kiki and A****aka amongst others feel like they'd be really unique amongst other fighting games like this, and guest picks aren't too far-fetched either considering you could use pre-Ghibli works (like The Castle of Cagliostro) to fill out the roster!
2. Hanna-Barbera. I think they're in a pretty solid, if odd, category of having plenty of stuff to represent of their own... but not really fitting with a lot of other picks. Nonetheless, they're still very cool! Whilst there's tons of obvious potential here - anything from the obvious ones like Scooby-Doo, The Flintstones and Yogi Bear, there's also potential for some more obscure pulls like The Impossibles and Sealab 2020 - not to mention potentially very cool guest inclusions like Black Vulcan from Super Friends, Popeye, Godzilla, the Smurfs, Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan, that bizarre 80s design for Pac-Man... lots of potential here, and honestly, this'd be a pretty cool one to see.
3. Paramount. Paramount's in an odd spot. They have a lot, and I mean a lot of iconic picks - Freddy Kreuger, Indiana Jones, Ethan Hunt, inevitably someone from Paw Patrol, basically anyone from Jackass, the entire library of Dreamworks, and guest picks as wide-ranging as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, to Sonic, all the way to the Titanic... and yet I feel like this is another Warner situation in that they have too much stuff to effectively represent everything of theirs. Whilst it'd be awesome to see Freddy Kreuger brutally murdering Shrek on the deck of the Titanic, I'm not sure how well it'd fit. (It'd still be really cool though!)
4. Image Comics. Self-vote, but I still think Image has a solid enough library to really justify its inclusion here - as well as having a wide number of iconic and interesting things to pull from, and also being a solid way to keep the comic theming of the MvC series.
5. TMS Entertainment. Think of another company that, realistically, could have a roster consisting of Lupin the IIIrd, Shotaro Kaneda, the other Shotaro Kaneda, Inspector Gadget, and the 90s redesign of Sonic used in the US. I feel like TMS using just its anime picks would be pretty solid on its own, but including some of their work with Western companies could lead to a really chaotic and fun grouping of stuff that'd just feel really cool!... if a little disjointed.

Honourable mentions here to Disney, Netflix and General Mills - I did honestly consider the first two, but I feel "Disney" as a whole is a bit too big to really cover, Netflix already has a roster being made elsewhere in SmashBoards (even if it's still very cool!!) and GM is just very funny. Honestly, I wouldn't say there were any "bad" picks here at all!

1. Square-Enix. I honestly originally planned to submit Square purely because of how many awesome picks they could have access to. I'm going to say, though - it'd be ideal if there's not too much bias toward the Final Fantasy series (or, if there is, plenty of unique and fresh picks like a Chocobo or Cactuar would be very cool). There's plenty of potential here - but I think Taito's library would be a solid inclusion too!
2. Arc System Works. Even if their IPs mostly consist of already-existing fighting games, ArcSys feels like a logical and honestly pretty solid pick to go with. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue have TONS of potential for fighters, and if we include acquisitions, seeing represented stuff like Under Night In Birth, Double Dragon, River City Girls and perhaps some of their licensed properties like the Persona Arena series would be awesome.
3. Nintendo. I don't wanna be that guy, but hear me out: seeing how a Nintendo roster would work outside of the context of the Smash series could be a really interesting call, even if it does feel like a bit of an obvious pick considering the website we're on.
4. Valve. It might be on the smaller side roster-wise, but Valve unquestionably has a wide variety of interesting and iconic picks. It'd also be an opportunity to get really weird with what's represented - for instance, a stage set on a submarine (referencing one of Valve's earliest game concepts that never ended up releasing), or maybe Gabe Newell as a playable character, would really be a fun way to represent this.
5. Embracer Group. Honestly, I think the IP portfolio of this company is vast enough to be a very logical pick for a game like this, and my only real "problem" is the lack of a public identity of some sort. Picks like Duke Nukem, Lara Croft, TimeSplitters - all of them make a lot of sense for interesting choices, but then Embracer also just so happens to have Dark Horse's entire library. Told you it'd get my vote.

Honourable mentions again, this time to Ubisoft (a really cool pick with lots of potential, not gonna lie!) and Activision-Blizzard (who I came pretty close to putting in Embracer's place, but just about got edged out.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Disney (It's freaking Disney. So much potential here. Personally I'd do what the mobile games do and keep it to core Disney stuff (animated Canon, Pixar and some TVA and Live Action stuff (and maybe the Muppets) and keep Marvel, Star Wars and Fox till DLC if anything. But that can be decided if it wins)
2. Studio Ghibli (A classic anime studio. Basically the Japanese Disney. Lots of great, fun characters)
3. Hanna-Barbera (Strongly toyed with WB but the fact that there's a currently active WB fighting game, plus the fact that it's far too wide, put me off. MVS already runs into the problem of balancing everything they own. Having to do that and also factor another company in sounds difficult. But HB still gives us a lot to work with. Scooby Doo, Flinstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear, and that's without dipping into later stuff like Johnny Bravo, Dexter or any licensed stuff like Pac-Man
4. Nickelodeon (I think Paramount is general is just far too wide. Nickelodeon is full of great iconic characters and NASB barely tapped into it's potential)
5. Image (Superhero comics always work well with these kind of things. I put it last because I don't know how many people would be finialr with their output

1. Nintendo (I think I'd be fun to see how Nintendo characters translate to a more traditional fighter.)
2. Square (Final Fantasy alone gives us a lot to play with. Tap into their other franchises and you've got a goldmine. Will likely be JRPG heavy but that's fine
3. Sony (Sony have a pretty good output and their last attempt at a fighting game didn't do too good at utilising it.)
4. Namco (Lots of potential here. Fighting games. JRPGS. Classic aracde games. Even gets us Digimon.)
5. Arc System Works (Cool characters but slightly more limited in terms of their non licensed output.)

AlRex

Smash Lord
Non-VG
1. NBC-Universal
2. Paramount
3. Hanna-Barbera
4. Image
5. General Mills
Picked most of these for being unique and having good material while also having not been used as much.

VG
1. Bandai-Namco
2. Square-Enix
3. Arc Systems Works
4. Microsoft
5. Nintendo

I’ll admit, I’m curious about Nintendo in this style, too, but it’s got a decent amount of votes already.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. TMS Entertainment
2. Studio Ghibli
3. Image Comics
4. Paramount
5. General Mills

1. Bandai Namco (let's be completely honest, I would be happy to see a creation thread involving this company, alone or not. Quite a huge pool of potential and choices for even oddballs/obscure characters - and I'm saying this as a huge arcade/retro fan)
2. Embracer Group
3. Ubisoft
4. Activision Blizzard
5. Valve

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright....time for the results...

Non-Video Game Company:

NBCUniversal: 17
Hanna-Babrbera: 11
SONY Entertainment: 6
Disney: 36
Hasbro: 9
Netflix: 0 :(
Warner Bros: 18
Image Comics: 14
Nickelodeon: 6
TMS Entertainment: 7
Studio Ghibli: 17
General Mills: 16
Paramount: 22

Video-Game Company:

Nintendo: 31
Square Enix: 31

Sony Interactive Entertainment: 16
Microsoft: 29
Bandai Namco: 31
Ubisoft: 5
Activision Blizzard: 2
Atlus: 4
Embracer Group: 9
Valve: 4
Arc System Works: 13
Tencent: 0 :(

Alright, so it seems the non-video game company will be none other than Disney! Congrats to Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 for his non-video game company winning! With that being said, Mickey Mouse will be added to the game since he is Disney's mascot! However...we have a three-way tie for our video game company between Nintendo, Square Enix and Bandai Namco! Vote up in the poll above to decide our video game company based on what you want. Then, we can create the game! See you all in a day to start creating the game!

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It's down to Square or Nintendo, but I'm giving the edge to Nintendo here.

Nintendo and Disney are practically counterparts of their fields, and it feels kinda weird we haven't had that notable of a crossover between em yet.

Overdone? Maybe. But this makes a little too much sense here.

Honorable mention to Square Enix for that pseudo KH reunion.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright...so based on the poll above, Nintendo will be our video game company so...Mario, Nintendo's mascot himself joins the roster as the first Nintendo character! Congrats to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds for getting his video game company in as the video game company! Now, ownard to our next three jobs.

Job 3:

Submit a character to join the Disney side. The character must be popular and recognizable to the public. For the time being, you must submit an original Disney character. That means characters from Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and FOX are ineligible for this submission round.

Job 4:

Submit a character to join the Nintendo side. The character must be popular and recognizable to the public since this is our first submission round so let's start things off hot!

Job 5:

Submit a roster size. It must be even between both sides and remember, we will most likely have DLC as well!

The top two submissions from each side will get in!

Get submitting!

Last edited:
Job 3:
Simba (The lion king)
1671655191627.png
The main protagonist of the Lion King movie series and he is a lion who was Mufasa's son, but his father died because of Scar who let him fall into the stampede of animals, killing him. Then after his father's death, Simba went on adventure meeting new friends and he defeated Scar to become a new king of the Africa.
Simba is one of most recognizable disney characters of all time and he is considered as one of best fictional felines (yes, lions are cats actually). Also we need a fighter that is quadrupedal.
(He would appear as an adult in this game)

Job 4:
Pikachu (Pokemon)
1671655659599.png
One of Gen 1 pokemon and an electric mouse that became a mascot for Pokemon franchise. It debuted in Kanto region (based on japanese Kanto region) and it can evolve into Raichu. It's one of most recognizable pokemon of all time, plus it's electric moveset could translate well in the fighting game.

Job 5:
I would say 40. While we have a lot of Nintendo characters to choose from, I feel that the number would fit for a first NvD fighting game.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ooh can I join in? If I may I’d like to nominate the beast from beauty and the beast and seeing as link has been done toad

Job 3: The Beast

One of the main characters from one disney's most iconic films he is a perfect choice for this game. Beauty and the Beast is one of the best known known fairy tales in the world and disney's version is iconic, in fact the first animated film to be nominated for best picture at the oscars. the character is synonymous with disney. As for fighting style, well he has claws, strength, teeth, horns and teeth so he'd be a strong character with a wild moveset. He would be very powerful and capable to deal a lot of damage very fast so he'd have to have some weaknesses to balance him out.

Job 4: Toad

Well I've going on about him in smash all this time so I was always gonna nom him at some point. A major character in the most successful franchise and frequently playable across said franchise, Toad is a gaming icon. Now as for moveset I think he should be fast and light weight. He moves should involve him using the powers of the many mushrooms from the series. Speed boosts for dash attacks, poison mushrooms for poison for lingering damage, he could even lob rock mushrooms to deal heavy damage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom