• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Disney Infinity 4.0 - Continued

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1684704695458.jpeg

Disney Infinity was one of the first creation threads I made, but for a while, it has been dead, so I'm going to reboot it here. Disney infinity was a toys to life game based on different Disney characters and franchises, but could have done better in terms of classic characters. We will add new franchises to the series, and also build upon veterans.

Here's the website about Disney Infinity so you can know what's in the games.

1. Goofy (Mickey Mouse) Costume: Super
  2. Simba (The Lion King)
  3. Dr. Doof (Phineas and Ferb) Costume: Second Dimension
  4. Luz (The Owl House) Costume: Titan
Up to 45

1. Pepita (Coco)
  2. Herbie the Love Bug
  3. Ranger Plane (Chip and Dale)
  4. Thunderquack (Darkwing Duck)

1. Trident (The Little Mermaid)
  2. Genie's Lamp
  3. Magic Hammer (Wreck-It Ralph)

1. Encanto
  2. The Great Before (Soul)
  3. Frozone's Best Power (The Incredibles)
  4. Gummy Bear Juice
  5. Fantasia Blast
  6. Bee Swarm (Pooh)

1. Beagle Boys (Mickey Mouse)
  2. Kakamora (Moana)

Special Abilities and Moves are always open to submit!

The first jobs will come soon.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Here are the first two jobs!

Job 1: Submit any Disney character for a figure

Job 2: Submit a number of new figures for 4.0

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #01
For a new figure I'm submitting Cinderella
Job#001_Cinderella.png

She is considered the de facto leader of the Disney Princesses and is a strange omission from the previous titles. Some characters in Disney Infinity don't really have a deep move pool and I think that Cinderella should be best kept as a Toy-Box exclusive character. She could maybe attack using her glass slipper (like in Ralph Breaks the Internet) or by simply slapping opponent. As for a ranged attack I am not really sure, but I imagine that her throwing Jaq and Gus would be somewhat fun, so I'll go with that.

Job #02
I believe that we should have around 6 play-sets and maybe a dozen or so Toy-Box exclusive characters. Considering an average amount of 4 characters for each play-set and the 12 extra characters, this brings us to 36 new figures.

Edit: I had left a small list at the beginning of the post

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Job 1: Peter Pan

We needed more classic characters with the game's lineup, so why not Peter Pan? He was going to be in 3.0, but was scrapped. There was even a physical figure of Peter Pan. He should be part of a play set with other classic Disney characters due to his potential of moves. He could fly and attack with his dagger.

I'll leave jobs open for a little longer due to this being the reboot of my thread.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 1: Simba
simbuh.png

I feel like it would be fun to have characters who are four-legged quadrupeds for more variety alongside bipedal two-legged.

concept disney.png

Also, this supposed concept art he appeared on is questionable in authenticity, so he may or may not have been considered as a playable character in the game.

(John Vignocchi later hinted at the reason why Simba wasn't in Disney Infinity was because of character mechanics and it'd be too hard to control a 4-legged animal but that won't stop me!)

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job 1: Moana
Moana is one of the characters that had been leaked previously as had been in development, plus she was originally supposed to have level based off her.

Job 2: 45 characters, a few more than version 3.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1684818164341.png

Hercules
Disney's Hercules

It's a literal demigod, plus he is from one of the more underrated Disney movies so including him will make the roster feel more fulfilling.

Mr Hairyman

Smash Cadet
Job #1: Ursula

Ursula is one of Disney’s most popular villains. She could attack with King Neptune’s trident, her spells and potions, and her tentacles. I also think she could represent both the land and sea from the Little Mermaid better, since she has her tentacle legs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Simba
Goofy
Moana

36. the logic posted below makes sense to me

Last edited by a moderator:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #01
  1. Simba: as our first character Simba makes a lot of sense, as he could kickstart quadrupedal characters, which currently are absent from the lineup. I also believe that The Lion King makes for a great play-set, so he gets some bonus points.
  2. Cinderella: she’s my character, I know, but I believe that starting with a Disney Princess could be another sensible thing to do. Her addition as the first character of the game might promote the Toy-Box mode, as I can’t see her having a play-set. But her omission was glaring, in my eyes.
  3. Goofy: speaking of glaring omissions, Goofy definitely is one of them. What prevents me from ranking him higher is that, unlike the other two, Goofy is a bit too reliant on being “just” a glaring omission, whereas both Simba and Cinderella are also the protagonists of their respective universes.
Job #02
I’m still going with 36 characters. I believe that you don’t really want to add anything more than 6 play-sets, especially considering that you have to pick them from unrepresented franchises (so, as much as Frozen, Aladdin, and Wreck-It Ralph would make for great worlds, they’re out of the picture). And 10/12 Toy-Box exclusive characters are in line, if not a bit more than previous titles. I can see why you’d want to add 45 characters, though.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Voting is now over!

Simba and Goofy are our first new figures for 4.0!

There will be 45 figures!

Job 3: Submit a vehicle or mount

Here's the link to them so you know what's in already.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #03: 313
Job#003_313.jpeg

After the addition of Donald Duck in 2.0, this vehicle seemed the most logical thing to add, especially considering how important Donald has been in the promotion of that title. Instead, ever since 1.0, we got Mickey's car, but I'd argue that the 313 is way more iconic for the character, especially in the comics. This is why I'm advocating for the comic book version of the 313 (with its iconic red/blue color scheme).

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 3: Pepita (Mount)
pepita.jpg

Not going to lie, riding a massive multi-coloured winged jaguar and flying around with her would be freaking awesome!

I think mounts should have to ability to attack while riding them into battle against enemies.
(Pepita for example could use her large size, claws, and biting)

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Job 3: Zootopia Police Car

This could be a vehicle for Judy or Nick. I'm surprised that Zootopia didn't have any vehicles with it being about a modern city. It could also market the sequel. It could play a siren.

I'll wait a little longer for more vehicle submissions.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Submissions are over! Sorry I got the wrong link for vehicles.

313 LoZ00 LoZ00
Pepita Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Zootopia Police Car by me
Herbie the Love Bug SmasherMaster SmasherMaster

Vote for your top two, while your own can be in second.
My votes:
1. Herbie
2. Pepita

Discussion Job 1: Should we do special abilities and special moves as open ended jobs or submit and vote jobs?
I think we should do open ended, but I would like to hear your thoughts too.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #03
1. Pepita: just what Mamboo07 said. Riding a massive, flying jaguar is awesome. Pepita is awesome.
2. Herbie: it's such a fun idea! Herbie's movies are so much fun and it's a reference that makes a lot of sense to have in Infinity. I'm kind of shocked that they didn't think about it in the first place. I'm placing Herbie second just because I believe that Pepita would be more unique, but it was really close.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but if I'm correct I guess that open ended feels a bit more engaging.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
We will have special abilities and moves be open-ended jobs!

Herbie and Pepita will be our first vehicles!

Job 4: Submit a tool.

Tools are gadgets carried by the playable character's hand.

Here's the list of tools already in the game.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #04: Genie's Lamp
Job#004_GeniesLamp.jpeg

This weapon is ranged. Instead of shooting bullets, it releases copies of Genie's punch. Genie's hands however can help the player when it comes to carrying heavy and large items or to reach distant ledges.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 4: Armageddon Bow
bow.jpg

The temporary weapon of Ares and was forged by Hephaestus.

When the player pulls its string back, it can shoot powerful energy arrows that can destroy anything and appears to lock on its targets.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
I'll submit the Trident from The Little Mermaid, which shoots out bolts of energy.

Submissions are over!

Dorothea's Sax Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Genie's Lamp LoZ00 LoZ00
Armageddon Bow Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Trident by me

Vote for your top two, with your own can be in second.

My votes:
1. Genie Lamp
2. Trident

Job 5: Submit a customization disc.
These change the background of the game.

Here's a list of the previous ones.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
1. Trident: it's straightforward and cool. You could use it for melee attacks too. I like it.
2. Genie's Lamp: I just think it's a fun idea. Maybe not faithful to source material, but yeah, whatever.

Job #05 - The New World (Pocahontas)
Job#005_Pochaontas.jpeg

The scenery from that movie is just awesome, with the giant trees and the colors (mostly subdued blues and purples, but during heated moments clashing blues and oranges). I think it's a good fit.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Submissions and voting are over!

Trident and Genie's Lamp are added as tools!

The New World LoZ00 LoZ00
Element City Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
The Great Before by me
Encanto Mr Hairyman Mr Hairyman

Vote for your top two, with your own in second.

My votes:
1. Encanto
2. Element City

Job 6: Submit an ability disc.
These give your character an extra ability.

Here's a list of the previous ones.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Ability disc: Dumbo's Peanut Shoot

Shoots peanuts from the character's mouth.

I'll wait a little longer for submissions.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
My votes for Job #05:
1. Encanto: I freaking love that movie and the background of Encanto is actually both iconic and good looking. So yeah, I like it!
2. The Great Before: again, a unique and gorgeous background is something I can really appreciate.
Overall, this job (and this thread as a whole) was actually pretty interesting, since Customization Discs isn't something I'd think about if not given an input.

Job #06: Frozone's Best Power
Job#006_Frozone.jpeg

This ability disc allows the characters to walk on water by freezing it. The disc's name is a pun referencing Frozone's actual name (Lucius Best).

Top Bottom