• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Classic Mode Revision Thread

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Classic Mode Mural.jpg

Premise
Sakurai has decided to let people change some characters' Classic Mode routes in some fashion, whether it be changing the boss of that route or changing a route entirely.

How does this thread work?
Similar to the other SmashBoards threads, I will give a prompt that anyone can respond to, say "Change Mario's Classic Mode route". Rounds will typically last for 2-3 days, usually ending at 4:30pm (at least, when I'm not caught up with something). When submitting changes, you can either:
  1. Uproot an entire route and redo it from scratch
  2. Change just one thing about a particular existing route (whether it be changing a boss, changing the name, integrating DLC characters into base game characters' routes, etc.)
  3. Request that the route stay as is if you don't think changing it is necessary
What is necessary is:
  1. What the route's theme is
  2. What opponents and/or bosses a character fights on that route
  3. Which rounds the bonus game will be between, if necessary
  4. What special gimmick a particular character's route has, if necessary
  5. Picking a music track for each round and the credits
For an example, here's a template I made:

Character's Route Name (what the route is like)
  • Round 1:
    • What does this reference?
  • Round 2:
  • Round 3:
  • Round 4:
  • Round 5:
  • Round 6:
  • Bonus Game
  • Final Round:
  • Credits Song:

After a while, we will vote on which of the submitted things should win. We'll handle ties with a SUDDEN DEATH day where the submission with the most votes wins.

Current Changed Routes

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
JOB #1: Mario
Mario_SSBU.png

For reference, here's Mario's existing Classic Mode route:

Let's-a Go! (fights characters from Nintendo series on a home stage from their respective universes)
Alright, so:
  1. What would an overhaul look like?
  2. What's one thing you'd change?
  3. Do you think the route is fine as is:
You can only choose one. Submissions are slated to end on either April 15th or April 16th at 4:30pm, after which we'll get to voting.

duxx

Smash Ace
Task 1
The only thing I would change is
  • Round 6::ultwolf: :ultfox: :ultfalco: (free-for-all) on :lylat: (Star Fox Melody)
    • Lylat is the home stage for the Star Fox characters
    • Star Fox is an iconic Nintendo game that debuted on the SNES in 1993, and deserves a spot on the list more than just a few typical Mario enemies

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
For the most part, the Classic Mode is good as it is. But if there is one thing I would change is this

Round 3: :ultmario::ultyoshi:vs:ultdk::ultdiddy:

The reason is that Yoshi is one of Mario’s most loyal allies and even Mario needs backup once in a while.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Only…two submissions.

@duxx
@BowserKing

Know what? I think I’ll just merge these two. This is now :ultmario:'s Classic Mode route:
So, now let's move on to...

JOB #2: Donkey Kong
Donkey_Kong_SSBU.png
For reference, here's DK's existing Classic Mode route:

Journey to New Donk City (basically goes to New Donk City; after Round 1, Diddy Kong becomes DK's ally)
  1. What would an overhaul look like?
  2. What's one thing you'd change?
  3. Do you think the route is fine as is:
You can only choose one. Submissions are slated to end on April 19th at 4:30pm; after that, I'm taking a brief hiatus to go camping with my uncle.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
If there is one thing I can change for Donkey Kong’s Classic Mode is this

Final battle: :ultdk::ultdiddy:vs:ultkrool: (X2)
The first one will be normal. The second one is giant. The arena is the same. Themes are Gangplank Galleon (normal) and Crocodile Cacophony (Giant)

But with King K.Rool pushes to the final round, i’ll change the second round to have :ultbowser: be the opponent (representing a Kremlin) and the Theme being Jungle Level (Brawl)

That way Donkey Kong’s Classic Mode has a bit more of the feel of the Donkey Kong Country games.

Top Bottom