• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Cartoon Network vs. Capcom

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I don't have anything super hype inducing to say, or fancy graphics, to get you all super excited for this idea. I was just watching Ben 10 with my partner and thought about how cool Ben would be not just in something like Multiversus, but in a traditional fighter as well. So, without further ado I present to you:

Cartoon Network vs. Capcom

We'll be starting with a pretty simple 4 characters for each side, and I'm not going to be doing a job for roster size. We're doing an MvC2 size base roster - 56 (28 per side). We will do a few seasons of DLC towards the end of development as well.

A few brief rules for the thread:
  • Nothing based on aquired programming (i.e. Total Drama, 6teen, etc.), no classic Hanna-Barbera from before the channel's existence (Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry, The Flintstones, etc.), no Looney Tunes and adjacent (The Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, etc.) and no DC content (Teen Titans, Justice League, etc.)​
  • No obscure or "lol random" characters unless the job specifically mentions - I have job slots specifically set aside for this purpose. Submissions will be judged on a case by case basis, but do not argue with me if your submission is not permitted.​
  • No CN Real stuff. I think we'd all rather forget that exists.​
  • No Adult Swim. While this is definitively Cartoon Network produced animation, I'd like to keep it strictly to the stuff we grew up with as kids here.​

Cartoon Network
1. Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
2. The Powerpuff Girls (The Powerpuff Girls)
3. Finn (Adventure Time)
4. Steven Universe (Steven Universe)
5. Jack (Samurai Jack)
6. Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory)

Capcom
1. Ryu (Street Fighter)
2. Mega Man (Mega Man)
3. Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
4. Dante (Devil May Cry)
5. Leon (Resident Evil)
6. Strider Hiryu (Strider)

1. Devil May Cry (Devil May Cry)
2. Gem Temple (Steven Universe)
3. Wily Castle (Mega Man)
4. Tree House (Adventure Time)

Job 1: Submit a New Series Rep from Cartoon Network

Job 2: Submit a New Series Rep from Capcom

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

description-image.png

Samurai Jack
Feel like I don't need to say a lot here. Sword man makes so much sense for a fighting game.

Leon Kennedy
A Resdeint Evil character is a must have. Leon hasent had his time yet and I think it's time.

Last edited by a moderator:
CN Character:
Grim (Grim & Evil/Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy)
1673024092402.png
Grim is one of main protagonists from Maxwell Atoms's "Grim & Evil" series (or Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy) and he is a grim reaper who became friends with two kids named Billy & Mandy, because they cheated at limbo contest over Mr. Snuggles's soul.
Grim is one of most recognizable characters from the show and he isn't a stranger for fighting games (see the fighting game based on the show), especially crossovers as he appeared in Fusionfall (a defunct CN game).

His moveset in the game would reference his abilities from the show and the fighting game based on the cartoon. Billy and Mandy could assist him in some attacks.

I mean, it would be fun to see a grim reaper fighting Ryu.

Capcom character:
Demetri Maximoff
Demetri Maximoff is one of playable characters from Darkstalkers series and he is a vampire. He is one of popular male characters from the series and many Capcom fans could recognize him.
I think he could better choice for a CNvC fighting game.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman

Gumball (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Gumball is of course the main protag of TAWOG and has a good cult following for its meta-humor, internet culture, commenting on mature themes, etc. For a fighting game, he can use the variety of tools and items used from the show to help him such as The Magic Notebook, the Universal Remote, The Console, and etc. The kid got lot of imagination to use from.

Zero (Megaman X)

Zero is one of the most well-known characters from the Megaman Franchise and a recurring character in the MVC Games. He could once again make a appearance here and maybe revamp one of his moves here and there.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I'll leave this open for submissions until tomorrow at 5 p.m. my time (about 14 hours from now).

Gumball is of course the main protag of TAWOG and has a good cult following for its meta-humor, internet culture, commenting on mature themes, etc. For a fighting game, he can use the variety of tools and items used from the show to help him such as The Magic Notebook, the Universal Remote, The Console, and etc. The kid got lot of imagination to use from.

Zero (Megaman X)

Zero is one of the most well-known characters from the Megaman Franchise and a recurring character in the MVC Games. He could once again make a appearance here and maybe revamp one of his moves here and there.
Zero is not eligible for this first job. This is solely for new franchises, so characters from Ben 10, Street Fighter, The Powerpuff Girls, Mega Man, Adventure Time, Monster Hunter, Steven Universe, and Devil May Cry cannot be submitted. Gumball is fine.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
CN Character:
Grim (Grim & Evil/Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy)
View attachment 366116
Grim is one of main protagonists from Maxwell Atoms's "Grim & Evil" series (or Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy) and he is a grim reaper who became friends with two kids named Billy & Mandy, because they cheated at limbo contest over Mr. Snuggles's soul.
Grim is one of most recognizable characters from the show and he isn't a stranger for fighting games (see the fighting game based on the show), especially crossovers as he appeared in Fusionfall (a defunct CN game).

His moveset in the game would reference his abilities from the show and the fighting game based on the cartoon. Billy and Mandy could assist him in some attacks.

I mean, it would be fun to see a grim reaper fighting Ryu.

Capcom character:
Morrigan Aensland
View attachment 366117
Morrigan Aensland is one of playable characters from Darkstalkers series and she is a succubus that comes from Scotland. She is the face of the series and many Capcom fans could recognize her. She even appeared in many VS Capcom games, so she isn't a stranger to crossover games.
I've gone back and forth on whether I'd allow Morrigan to be allowed but I think I've decided on no due to the overt sexualization of the character. I'd like to keep the roster relatively family friendly, so while I'm fine with Darkstalkers having representation, I think Morrigan, as well as Felicia, are both a little too risque to be included. Feel free to submit another Darkstalkers rep tho, such as Talbain, Anakaris, or Dimitri, for example.

D

Deleted member

I agree that Morrigan probably shouldn't be here but I do wonder why this wasn't just a wholely CN fighter

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
My own submissions:
K.O. (OK K.O.: Let's Be Heroes)
1673133039503.png

I'd love to see this, if nothing else, because K.O. is heavily inspired by Ryu, having a number of abilities directly borrowed from the Capcom mascot, plus OK K.O. is a really great cartoon.

Strider Hiryu (Strider)
1673133154496.png

A near perfect-attendee in Capcom crossovers, Hiryu is extremely popular with Capcom fans, with good reason - everybody loves ninjas. Especially ones from the future with robot doggos.

Submissions

CN:

Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory)
Jack (Samurai Jack)
Grim (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
Numbuh One (Codename: Kids Next Door)
K.O. (OK K.O.: Let's Be Heroes!)

Capcom:
Arthur (Ghosts 'N' Goblins)
Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
Dimitri Maximoff (Darkstalkers)

Captain Commando (Captain Commando)
Strider Hiryu (Strider)

Alright, voting time. Please vote for your Top 3 for each Job Prompt. You may not vote for your submission in your top spot.

My votes:
1. Dexter
2. K.O.
3. Jack

1. Leon
2. Hiryu
3. Dimitri

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Jack
2. Dexter
3. Numbah 1

1. Hiryu
2. Leon
3. Captain Commando

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Dexter
2. Samurai Jack
3. Gumball Watterson

1. Strider Hiryu
2. Sir Arthur
3. Leon S. Kennedy

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Sorry for the long voting period. It's been a rough work week. Time for the votes!

Cartoon Network
Character
Votes
Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory)​
11​
Jack (Samurai Jack)​
15​
Grim (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)​
3​
Gumball (The Amazing World of Gumball)​
8​
Numbuh One (Codename: Kids Next Door)​
3​
K.O. (OK K.O.: Let's Be Heroes!)​
2​

Capcom
Character
Votes
Arthur (Ghosts 'N' Goblins)​
5​
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)​
18​
Dimitri Maximoff (Darkstalkers)​
5​
Captain Commando (Captain Commando)​
2​
Strider Hiryu (Strider)​
12​

With the votes tallied, our new fighters are....

1673485237203.png

Job 3: Submit a Cartoon Network stage for a represented series.

Job 4: Submit a Capcom stage for a represented series.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 3:The Tree House (Adventure Time)

The Tree House is a place that Finn and Jake live together,the stage is on top of the tree house

Job 4:Wily Castle (Mega Man)

Wily Castle is a place that lives Dr. Wily from Mega Man,the stage is similar from Smash Bros. but without Yellow Devil.

D

Deleted member

thumb.jpg

Crystal Temple (Steven Universe)
Players fight in front of the large statute and the House. The Van is parked by the house and characters like Greg, the Gems and Connie cameo.

2tyH4JvhHprt95jBntPyBZ.jpg

Racoon City Police Department (Resident Evil 2)
Takes place inside the building. Sirens and Zombies can be heard form outside and Mr. X will stomp around in the background.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Sorry folks, it's been a rough couple of weeks for me with work.

My submissions:

Null Void (Ben 10)
1674422821034.png

The stage is set on a massive rocky platform. Some Null Guardians patrol the skies in the background.

Devil May Cry (Devil May Cry)
1674422896932.png

Set on the side of the road with the DMC sign lit up. The mobile DMC van from Devil May Cry V can be seen parked on the side, with Nico leaning up against it.

Please submit your top 3 votes for each side from these options:

Cartoon Network
Tree House (Adventure Time)
The City of Townsville (The Powerpuff Girls)
Gem Temple (Steven Universe)
Null Void (Ben 10)

Capcom
Wily Castle (Mega Man)
Suzaku Castle (Street Fighter)
Raccoon City Police Department (Resident Evil)
Devil May Cry (Devil May Cry)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Tree House
2. Temple
3. Null Void

1. Devil May Cry
2. Racoon City
3. Wily Castle

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Tree House
2. Gem Temple
3. Null Void

1. Wily Castle
2. Raccoon City
3. Devil May Cry

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
1. Gem Temple
2. Null Void
3. Tree House

1. Suzaku Castle
2. Devil May Cry
3. Wily Castle

Cartoon Network

StageVotes
Tree House9
The City of Townsville5
Gem Temple9
Null Void7

Capcom

StageVotes
Wily Castle9
Suzaku Castle7
Raccoon City Police Department5
Devil May Cry8

Ergo, our first four stages are:
- Devil May Cry (Devil May Cry)
  • Gem Temple (Steven Universe)
  • Tree House (Adventure Time)
  • Wily Castle (Mega Man)

Discussion Round 1: Should we have assist characters?

Discussion Round 2: 2v2 or 3v3?

Discuss!

If I revived this thread, I'm sorry in advance.

With that said, if there weren't assist characters in a game with two stacked rosters, we were gonna have a problem. Especially on the Cartoon Network end.

Also, I would prefer a 2v2 roster over a 3v3. That way, it would be easier to have all four fighters onscreen together a la MultiVersus.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
oop. Found this old thread. I agree with pretty much everything said by the person above.

i love 3V3 fighters but I think 2V2 works here. I think assist characters are a good shout

Top Bottom