• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates - Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion 2

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
84C6F2AC-C0B0-4D83-BC51-1553E915A70B.jpeg

In 2011, a game called Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion released. The plot of the game was that you basically played as and fought many different Cartoon Network characters. The fighting system was based on the Super Smash Bros series. You could have Ben 10 vs Grim, Chowder vs Buttercup, Captain K’nuckles vs Aku, the list goes on and on. Sadly, the game got mixed reviews and was quickly forgotten over time.

Premise

Cartoon Network has decided that it’s time to make a sequel to Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion. To make sure this game succeeds, Cartoon Network tasked us (Smash fans) to make sure the game will be a huge success. We will be making fighters, stages, items, assist trophies, and even a story mode adventure. Cartoon Network also wants this game to appeal to fans of all ages.

Roster
Newcomers:
Finn & Jake
Eustace Bagge

Veterans:
Ben Tennyson (Teenager)
The Powerpuff Girls
Him

Stages
New Stages
Finn & Jake’s Treehouse

Returning Stages
Primus

Items
The Hat of Discipline
POW Cards
The Remote
Assist Characters
Gunter
Vreedle Brothers

Synergy Attacks

Story Mode

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #1: Submit 1 newcomer and 1 veteran.

Newcomers must be a Cartoon Network character or aired on Cartoon Network.

All veterans must be a character from the previous game.

Make sure to tell people who your character is and why they should be included.

Ben Tennyson (Teenager) (Ben 10: Ultimate Alien)
Chowder and Kimchi (Chowder)
Buttercup (The Powerpuff Girls)
Flapjack (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)
Captain K'nuckles (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)
Numbuh One (Codename: Kids Next Door)
Blossom (The Powerpuff Girls)
Bubbles (The Powerpuff Girls)
Mac and Bloo (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)
Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory)
Monkey (Dexter's Laboratory)
Grim (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
Billy & Mandy (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
Samurai Jack (Samurai Jack)
Captain Planet (Captain Planet and the Planeteers)
Father (Codename: Kids Next Door)
Vilgax (Ben 10: Alien Force)
Mojo Jojo (The Powerpuff Girls)
Kevin Levin (Ben 10: Ultimate Alien)
Johnny Bravo (Johnny Bravo)
Him (The Powerpuff Girls)
Ben Tennyson (Young) (Ben 10)
Scotsman (Samurai Jack)
Hoss Delgado (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
Toilenator (Codename: Kids Next Door)
Aku (Samurai Jack)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Newcomer:
Fred Flintstone

The grandest of dads, Fred Flintstone technically isn't a CN character but was heavily used in promo materials for the pre-What A Cartoon CN. If Captain Planet counts then Bedrock's neanderthal patriarch absoultely does. Fred Flintstone's greatest strength here is his moveset potential - heavy rocks and labouring animals aren't hard to imagine in a fighting game setting. With an adult reboot on the horizon, vitamins and cereal to sell, and a very high quality meme following Fred is still relevant today despite being as primative as it gets.

Veteran:
Chowder

The little chef from Marzipan City, Chowder is a character with a persistent fandom and as recently as 2019 inspired a chart-topping single.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I like this one

Job 1

Newcomer:

Finn & Jake

Adventure Time can be considered the Rebirth of Cartoon Network and are icons of Cartoon Network as a whole

Veteran:

Ben Tennyson (Teenager)

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Newcomer: Ed
A8B16581-0B27-4D66-87D1-6E6D12C96D18.jpeg

Ed comes from the hit Cartoon Network show, Ed Edd n’ Eddy. Ed Edd n’ Eddy is basically about a group of three kids trying to scam children out of there money for jawbreakers. Ed is basically the dumb and tough guy of the group. Many people were disappointed that there was no Ed Edd n’ Eddy characters in the last game. Ed Edd n’ Eddy is one of the best Cartoon Network shows to ever air, by many people. It even used to be the longest running series on Cartoon Network. I think it’s time for an Ed boy to be in this game.

Veteran: Numbah One
B78688DA-9C9A-4FDB-A86E-62CFEA8F710E.jpeg

Numbah One/Number One (AKA Nigel Uno) is from the hit Cartoon Network show, Codename: Kids Next Door. Codename: Kids Next Door is about an organization of kids fighting against adult tyranny. Number One is actually the leader of the KND group of Sector V. Number One is a trained fighter and has gone up against many foes. Codename: Kids Next Door was a popular show and fans still wish to see more from the series.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Last chance to submit characters. Character submissions will end in an hour

evanwoo10

Smash Lord

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Newcomers:
1. Fred Flintstone
2. Finn & Jake

Veterans:
1. Ben Tennyson (teenager)
2. Chowder

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Newcomers:
Fred Flintstone Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario - 3 votes
Finn & Jake cashregister9 cashregister9 - 4 votes
Ed evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 2 votes

Veterans:
Chowder Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario - 3 votes
Ben Tennyson (Teenager) cashregister9 cashregister9 - 6 votes
Numbah One evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 0 votes

Finn & Jake will be our first newcomer and Ben Tennyson (Teenager) will be our first veteran to come back.

Job 2: Submit a stage for Finn & Jake.

Job 3: Submit an assist character from Adventure Time.

Both stages and assist characters are basically the same as Smash’s stages and assist trophies. Every character that becomes assist characters will not be allowed to become playable on the roster.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Stage (Job 2): Finn & Jake’s Treehouse
069BD4A8-E52F-47DE-958A-E7A253EE6268.png

Finn & Jake’s Treehouse is the home of Finn & Jake. The Treehouse is an iconic part of the series and would represent Finn & Jake really well.

Assist Character: Gunter
E83D222A-2432-482C-894D-73F17B151B92.png

Gunter spawns on the stage with the demonic wishing eye. Gunter uses the demonic wishing eye to spawn in green penguins with broken glass bottles to run and attack the other fighters. Gunter spawns in about two penguins for every fighter present. If any penguins gets knocked off the stage, Gunter will just keep spawning more until it’s time for him to go

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Finn & Jake’s Treehouse will be our first stage and Gunter will be our first assist character from Adventure Time. There will be more chances to submit an Adventure Time stage and assist character in the future.

Job 4: Submit a stage from Ben 10 (any show eligible)

Job 5: Submit an assist character from Ben 10 (any show eligible)

Both stages and assist characters are basically the same as Smash’s stages and assist trophies. Everyone that becomes an assist character will not be allowed to become playable on the roster.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Fun that this thread is so new because i just finished Adventure Time today )(although i still have distant lands left) and yeah i think This Game Idea must have Finn and Jake (as a duo fighter) in them to 100% although if Finn is in the question is
Normal, Robot or Leafblade Arm?

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Fun that this thread is so new because i just finished Adventure Time today )(although i still have distant lands left) and yeah i think This Game Idea must have Finn and Jake (as a duo fighter) in them to 100% although if Finn is in the question is
Normal, Robot or Leafblade Arm?
That will probably have to be decided either during Finn & Jake’s moveset submissions or colors/alternate costume submissions.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job 4: Primus
BB62309A-9F52-40F4-A79A-1639D6A271C9.jpeg

Primus was one of the Ben 10 stages from the previous game. The stage also added a unique atmosphere into the game.

Job 5: Vreedle Brothers
DFD47BD5-FB68-49A1-91A0-3D606EE2B89A.png

When summoned, the Vreedle Brothers will start shooting weapons all over the stage. Octagon will use a blaster and Rhomboid will use a rocket launcher. Occasionally, they will both throw grenades across the stage as well.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Submissions for stages and assist characters will end in 24 hours.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
That will probably have to be decided either during Finn & Jake’s moveset submissions or colors/alternate costume submissions.
Funnily enough ive seen distant lands ep 3 and yeah
Finn and jake dead would also be cool
also this episode was so sad ive heard there is a 4th special? Probably shermy and beth!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Funnily enough ive seen distant lands ep 3 and yeah
Finn and jake dead would also be cool
also this episode was so sad ive heard there is a 4th special? Probably shermy and beth!
I think the next Distant Lands episode will be about Peppermint Butler attending a dark arts magic school

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think the next Distant Lands episode will be about Peppermint Butler attending a dark arts magic school
Yeah ive heard that...
I hope that finn and jake arent in it or any other DL episodes (outside of Fern/ The other finn in a sherm and beth ep maybe)
Also i hope hes still in Dum dum mode would be cute! Maybe also some resolution to Dum Dumt peps in general!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Primus will be our first Ben 10 stage and the Vreedle Brothers will be our first Ben 10 assist character. There will be more chances to submit a Ben 10 stage and assist character in the future.

Job 6: Submit an item from any Cartoon Network show

Item submissions do not deconfirm cartoons from getting a rep on the roster. Make sure to explain what the item is, where it’s from, and what would it do in the game.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Item:
The Hat of Discipline

The hat of discipline generally seems to be more of an eyesore than a practical weapon, however if a fighter goes flying with high knockback the hat will swing around and become a major threat. The hat is smaller than it is in canon, but when it's active it does expand quite a bit to signify that it can hurt - though it never gets as big as the original.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Oh my glob i guess so i wanted to buy some at merch like a figure or something yet there was 0 afordable good things on amazon i mean come on Distant lands exists yet they have nothing in production how dumb can you be every decent at merch goes For ridicoulous Prices if they would put something out people WILL buy it yet no mattter where or for what i look Action figures just seem to be nowhere!
This includes: Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon (with trainers) and now even Adventure time and considering i have a longing to do AT stuff and all Minecraft versions i have acess to the mashup pack Suck hard im out of Options!
Sigh...
And Yeah mein Englisch ist Schlecht! (the german was intentional because of PBs tendency to speak it!)

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Ill just submit one per show i know!
Gumball: Remote Allows user to reverse a opponents Action! It appears in multiple episodes one of them being The Disaster

Dum Dum Juice Turns a opponent into a cute and weak version of themselves (in some cases unpopular reboot versions could be dumdumt chars) it appears in Bonnibel Bubbelgum, and Gumbaldia

Steven universe Gem Cannon It works like this turret item in smash it appears in laser light cannon

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Ill just submit one per show i know!
Gumball: Remote Allows user to reverse a opponents Action! It appears in multiple episodes one of them being The Disaster

Dum Dum Juice Turns a opponent into a cute and weak version of themselves (in some cases unpopular reboot versions could be dumdumt chars) it appears in Bonnibel Bubbelgum, and Gumbaldia

Steven universe Gem Cannon It works like this turret item in smash it appears in laser light cannon
I’m sorry, only one item is allowed to be submitted from each person. I really like all three of your ideas, but only one must be chosen. There will be more item submission jobs in the future.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I’m sorry, only one item is allowed to be submitted from each person. I really like all three of your ideas, but only one must be chosen. There will be more item submission jobs in the future.
Then its the Remote then!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Does this Game have the Same Controls/ attack types as Smash? if so i can start thinking of some Movesets so i have them Ready by the time we go to that Phase!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Does this Game have the Same Controls/ attack types as Smash? if so i can start thinking of some Movesets so i have them Ready by the time we go to that Phase!
Yeah, moveset jobs will be coming up soon.

Item submissions will end tomorrow.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So for me its tommorow also i cant sleep because of my slightly damaged feet so ill just start okay:

So ive just finnished adventure time so ill start:

so lets start with a non spoilerish thing! How old should finn be Kid, Teen or Young adult
id say Young adult him as a kid is fine but lets just say him as a teen is very awkward so ill choose his most popular age young adult Dont worry he still looks like he does here just slightly bigger!

there is just one problem:
Grass finn or also fern

How do we deal with him easy we just need to keep
these 2 Babys out of finns hands because fern is a fusion of these 2 swords and jake? Fern can stretch so thats not a problem! other diffrences are Fern only uses the grasssword for his sword attacks
and has a diffrent ultimate that involves him tuning into the green knight
so yeah back to finn!
ive solved it

So Finn is known to carry multiple Swords we wil use most of them the player
can choose which one of these Normal swords
i
is the one finn carries this is purely cosmetical the other 2 are specials lets go! ill use a and b like theyre used in smash

Triple Jump: Jake transforms into an Kite and carries Finn
A: Sword swipe
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA: Sword Combo (infinite)
Down A: Low top the ground finn kick
Side a: Finn punch
Up a: Finn Pose from the intro
Dash and A: Finn slides while poking with his Sword
Nair: Sawblade finn
Down Air a: Downward Thrust
Up a: Sword pirouete
back air: Back jake kick
Fair: Jake swings a pan from high to low
Side Smash: Giant Jake Kick
Down Smash: Double Jake Punch
Up Smash: Jake throws a sawblading Finn into the Air
Grab: Jake grabs the opponnent with his giant hand
Pummel: Finn and jake play good Cop Bad coop while barading the Oppnent!
B: Crossbow Shot
Side B: Demon Blood Sword Summons the Bloodless demon who gets poked in the Butt three times resulting in him spitting Fireballs
Down B: Cursed Sword Puts handcuffs onto the Opponent
Up B: Soaring Jake Jake carries Finn high into the Air on his Back
Ultimate: Its Adventure Time
Jake turns Blue grows Gianourmous and punches/ stomps the opponent into the Ground finn after this[ falls from the sky and performs a Down thrust Jake turns Back yellow and finn and jake Fist bump
I am pretty sure Costumes are saved for later so im just saying:
Finn can choose bretween his Thornhuman arm and his Robot arm

The other Stuff:
Entrance Finn and jake strectch in and fistbump after that Jake goes in Finns Back pack!
Victory 1: Finn does the baby finn dance!
Victory 2:Fin and jake stand in front of gold doing their intro Poses!
Victory 3: Finn and jake fly through the air on a chair!

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Sorry for the delay, I have been busy a lot in the last couple of days. Since we only got three item submissions, all three of them will be in our game. The Hat of Discipline, POW cards, and the Remote will all be items. Congratulations to everyone who submitted an item submission!!!

Job 7: Submit a moveset for Finn & Jake

Job 8: Submit a moveset for Ben Tennyson (Teenager Version)

Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion’s moveset design is basically the same to Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I added some moves like air moves! I sadly cant help with Ben Tennyson!
Should i add stuff like Stage Entrances, Costumes and victory animations?

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
I added some moves like air moves! I sadly cant help with Ben Tennyson!
Should i add stuff like Stage Entrances, Costumes and victory animations?
I will submit Ben’s past moveset if no one else submits one. You can submit stage entrances and victory animations in your moveset submission if you want to. I think costumes and colors should be saved for a separate job.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
With the announcement of Nickelodeon: All Stars Brawl, it looks like we will have to kick development back up to compete. I think it’s time to start having more character submissions.

Job 9: Submit a 90’s Cartoon Network Newcomer or Veteran

Since the first two characters are coincidentally representing different decades of Cartoon Network, you can submit any Cartoon Network character that was from a cartoon that premiered in the 90’s. It can be a 90’s character that was in the previous game or just a complete newcomer to the series. You are only allowed to submit one character for this job. Character submissions will be open for around 24 hours.

• Buttercup (The Powerpuff Girls)
• Blossom (The Powerpuff Girls)
• Bubbles (The Powerpuff Girls)
• Dexter (Dexter’s Laboratory)
• Monkey (Dexter’s Laboratory)
• Johnny Bravo (Johnny Bravo)
• Captain Planet (Captain Planet and the Planeteers)
• Mojo Jojo (The Powerpuff Girls)
• Him (The Powerpuff Girls)

Top Bottom