• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Capcom vs. SNK 3: Rematch of the Ages (What teams should we do next?)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
It has been a long time since the last Mark of the Millennium tournament, where the finals in Osaka were interrupted by a great catastrophe, and the Masters Foundation and Garcia Financial Clique have not crossed paths since.

However, just when hope for another tournament seems to have all but vanished, a new tournament called Rematch of the Ages has come to be, and each of the two original sponsors invites their old friends for this long-awaited reunion! Many of the willing and able hear of this news and head off to form their teams of three.

But unbeknownst to anybody, a dark storm gathers behind the scenes…

The world’s greatest fighters will come together once again in
CAPCOM VS. SNK 3!
I wanted to make a second revival thread based on the previous one by Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer but do it a little differently. I wanted to take an idea from Thorgi's video on a hypothetical CvS3 roster and do 3-person teams of characters who would make sense to be on a team.

Roster (24/54)

CapcomSNK
  • Team World Warriors
    • Ryu
    • Ken
    • Chun-Li
  • Team Hero
    • Kyo
    • Benimaru
    • Shun’ei
  • Team Femme Fatale
    • Morrigan
    • Juri
    • Poison
  • Team Rivals
    • Iori
    • Gato
    • Genjuro
  • Team Night Warriors
    • Felicia
    • Jon Talbain
    • Hsien-Ko
  • Team Fatal Fury
    • Terry Bogard
    • Rock Howard
    • Blue Mary
  • Team Saikyo Style
    • Dan Hibiki
    • Sakura Kasugano
    • Blanka
  • Team Kyokugenryu
    • Ryo Sakazaki
    • Yuri Sakazaki
    • Marco Rodriguez

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to nominate 18 teams - 9 teams per side for a total of 54 characters. It might seem like a lot, but if we're doing teams of three, it seems like it would fill up pretty quickly.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah, they definitely seem like characters who should be here. (I realize that opinions might vary when it comes to who else would be a must-have - I'd be willing to argue for Morrigan from Capcom and Terry from SNK, at least - but Ryu and Kyo are easy picks)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Yeah I can understand it, it was just to say that I was thinking more on that, especially since it works very well for mirror Ryu (protag), Ken (rival) and Chun (female protag (sorta) ).

Anyway, welp, if we are going to Heroes Team, I will go with Shun'ei, 'cause the only other two options are New Faces Team and China Team and in both cases there are other cooler options.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I can understand it with Team Rivals, but I dont ser why not allow other Darkstalkers for Morrigan apart of just copypaste Thorgi's Femme Fatale Team.

So for Iori, I decide to go with Billy Kane and Setsuna, if you dont recognize the last one, is Kaede's rival in The Last Blade 2.
1666406261925.png

Edit: Trying to forming a team for Morrigan, here it is my own take in this "Femme Fatale Team", I included Trish and Jill Valentine from DMC and Resident Evil respectively, if the prompt doesn't allow Darkstalker characters for variety sake then let's make variate teams.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job #2: Submit Morrigan and Iori’s teammates

Now that we have the first two teams out of the way, let’s go ahead and complete the next two teams. Only rule is that for the sake of variety, each team’s two teammates can’t also be from Darkstalkers or KOF.
To be clear, are we allowed to have one of their teammates be from Darkstalkers or KOF? (so, for example, could Morrigan be teamed up with one Darkstalkers character and one character from another Capcom franchise?) Otherwise, that seems like it rules out about 90% of SNK's line-up, so I'm not sure who would be left for Iori to team up with. (since King of Fighters is basically SNK's Smash Bros.)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
To be clear, are we allowed to have one of their teammates be from Darkstalkers or KOF? (so, for example, could Morrigan be teamed up with one Darkstalkers character and one character from another Capcom franchise?) Otherwise, that seems like it rules out about 90% of SNK's line-up, so I'm not sure who would be left for Iori to team up with. (since King of Fighters is basically SNK's Smash Bros.)
  1. The rule is no two teammates from the same franchise as Morrigan and Iori
  2. When I say “no KOF characters”, I’m talking about the characters specifically created for the series, like Iori. So characters from other SNK franchises are fair game to be Iori’s teammates.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
  1. The rule is no two teammates from the same franchise as Morrigan and Iori
  2. When I say “no KOF characters”, I’m talking about the characters specifically created for the series, like Iori. So characters from other SNK franchises are fair game to be Iori’s teammates.
Okay, thanks. I was hoping to include Isla from KOF15 on Iori's team, since Shun'ei is on Kyo's team, but if that's not an option, then I'll see what I can come up with.

For Morrigan, I'm going to go with Thorgi's line-up of Team Femme Fatale:

team femme fatale.png

-Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
-Juri Han (Street Fighter)
-Poison (Final Fight)

I thought about teaming Morrigan up with Alastor from Viewtiful Joe and Red Arremer/Firebrand from Ghosts 'n' Goblins, but that team didn't seem like it would have much of a reason to stick together. (plus, I felt like it could lead to the possibility of having Alastor and Red Arremer without having Viewitful Joe and Sir Arthur)

All of them are popular characters with similar seductive personalities who don't play well with others as a general rule. They'd want to participate, but the team-based structure limits their options - a team-up between, say, Morrigan and Demitri or Juri and Seth might not last long. I could see the team forming when Poison tracks down Juri to get a third member of her team (since Poison can't join with just herself and Hugo), only for Morrigan to show up and beat up Hugo as her "audition".

Poison's focused on the prize money, while Morrigan and Juri just want to have a good time.

For Iori, I'll have to think about it; my original idea was to go with Iori, Isla (from KOF15), and Gato (from Garou: Mark of the Wolves), but I'll have to think of a different third member; I'll edit my team in here if I come up with something.

EDIT:

team rival.png

Team Rival

-Iori Yagami (King of Fighters)
-Gato (Garou: Mark of the Wolves)
-Genjuro Kibagami (Samurai Shodown)

I'm assuming that, much like in KOF, characters from Samurai Shodown can be included despite it taking place hundreds of years ago. Kibagami wants the money to pay off gambling debts, Gato wants information on his missing father, and Iori wants to beat up Kyo but has alienated most of his potential teammates. They're putting up with each other until they can accomplish their goals.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Okay, so the teammates I chose to accompany Iori might surprise you.
KOFXV_Iori_Profile.png
character_terry.png
Kofxvnakorurunewrender.png
I call this Team Neo Geo!

Basically, I wanted a team consisting of three of SNK's most popular characters. As for why these three in particular would team up, I could see Nakoruru wanting to get some help from the present-day to combat the threat of this game, so she forms a team with two of the fighters she came across in KOF XIV. She and Terry would be alright to form a team, and Iori would be...willing to cooperate with them, at the very least.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to vote for the only available option for Morrigan (Trish and Jill), and I'll vote for Terry and Nakoruru for Iori. (it's unorthodox, but I find the idea interesting)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
  • Morrigan's teammates
    • Trish and Jill: 2
    • Juri and Poison: 5
  • Iori's teammates
    • Billy and Setsuna: 4
    • Gato and Genjuro: 5
    • Terry and Nakoruru: 1
Our new teams are Team Femme Fatale (Morrigan, Juri and Poison) and Team Rivals (Iori, Gato and Genjuro)! Congratulations!

Sorry for the long wait, guys.

Job #3: Submit a Darkstalkers team and Fatal Fury team

Two of the other popular fighting game franchises should of course get their own team. No specific rules here; just pick three characters for each time.

From Thorgi's video, I'm going to use Felicia, Talbain and Hsien-Ko for Team Night Warriors, and Terry, Mai and Kim for Team Fatal Fury.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
For Darkstalkers I’ll submit Team Vampire Hunter with Hsien-Ko, Donovan and BB Hood. They’re paired up because they’re both dark hunters and BB Hood hunts after monsters too so I can see them reluctantly teaming up together for this team. For Team Fatal Fury I’ll just submit Terry, Joe and Andy

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was going to go with Felicia, Talbain, and Hsien-Ko, but I see that's already been nominated, so I'll pass on the Darkstalkers team.

team fatal fury.png

TEAM FATAL FURY

Terry Bogard, Blue Mary, and Rock Howard

You could probably mix and match Terry with any two heroic characters from Fatal Fury and get a good line-up for this; I went with Mary and Rock because Mary is Terry's implied love interest, while Rock is his adopted kid, so they've got a weird family dynamic going on.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
My Team Fatal Fury will be Terry Bogard,Mai and Duck King
For Darkstalkers Team I'm going with Hsein Ko,Lord Raptor,and Victor their team name will be Team Undead

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend

Vote for your top 3, with your own submission below 1st.

Darkstalkers
  1. Donovan & B.B. Hood
  2. Talbain & Felicia
  3. Raptor & Victor
Fatal Fury
  1. Rock & Blue Mary
  2. Mai & Kim
  3. Andy & Joe

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047