• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Bloons Blowout (Bloons franchise platform fighter): DEVELOPMENT OFFICIALLY COMPLETE, PLEASE NO MORE REPLIES UNLESS NECESSARY

FazDude

Smash Master
Brickell Monke Knowledge
  • Tier 1
    • Smooth Sailing: Admiral Brickell is faster on the ground.
    • Piercing Shot: Admiral Brickell's gun deals extra damage to shields.
    • Extra Stripe: Admiral Brickell's damage output increases for a short time after getting a KO.
    • Purple Heart: Admiral Brickell's damage output increases once she's above 100%.
  • Tier 2
    • Stealth Vessel: Admiral Brickell is able to pop Camo Bloons naturally.
    • Mine, Mine, All Mine!: Admiral Brickell can place three mines at once.
    • Sea's Bounty: Admiral Brickell makes more money from popping Bloons.
  • Tier 3
    • Scoping Shot: Admiral Brickell's shot from her Neutral Special gains additional damage the further it flies.
    • Parting Gift: Admiral Brickell lays down a mine if using her Grounded Up Special, which explodes a few seconds later.
  • Tier 4
    • Self-Destruct Button: Admiral Brickell's ship explodes instantly when using her Grounded Up Special.
Music

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, now that all submissions will get added, time for the next jobs!

Job #185: Design a moveset for Striker Jones!

Job #186: Submit some alternate costumes & colors for Striker Jones while you're at it. Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors! Original costume ideas are ok too!

My submissions:

Striker Jones

"I love the smell of bubblewrap in the morning!"

Striker Jones is fairly a middleweight, with his rocket launcher weighing him down a little. He jumps a little higher than most middleweights but is slightly slower in terms of movement.

Gimmick:
Though not considered a true gimmick, he uses his rocket launcher for most of his attacks! Because of this, he excels at launching power and serious blows on start, but he is not the most reliable fighter to deal with Black and Zebra Bloons. While Bomb Shooter mainly focuses on area damage and clearing areas of Bloons, Striker Jones is more focused on strong knockback and going in for that strong blow in a rather quick way.

Neutral-Standard:
Striker Jones swings around his rocket launcher in a quick swipe, one of his few non-explosion and fire attacks.

Side-Standard:
Striker Jones has his rocket launcher forward fire a small blast.

Up-Standard:
Striker Jones swipes his rocket launcher upward in an arc, one of his few non-explosion and fire attacks.

Down-Standard:
Striker Jones sets an explosion on the ground which sets a small flame in front of him, like Steve's down standard in Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Dash Attack:
Striker Jones lunges his rocket launcher forward and has a small blast come in front.

Side Smash:
Identical to Solid Snake's side smash in Smash Bros.

Up Smash:
Similar to Villager's up-smash in Smash Bros., except it can't multihit, but instead produces one big upward explosion.

Down Smash:
Striker Jones aims his rocket launcher and shoots rockets at the ground on both sides of himself

Neutral-Aerial:
Striker Jones spins his rocket launcher in a circle, one of his few non-explosion and fire attacks.

Side-Aerial:
Similar to Fay's side special in Beyond Melee

Up-Aerial:
Striker Jones shoots with his rocket launcher upward, creating an explosion.

Down-Aerial:
Striker Jones shoots with his rocket launcher downward, creating an explosion.

Neutral Special: Bazooka
A simple projectile move that launches a bazooka with a bit of startlag, but is unbelievably strong! Upgrades decrease startlag, increase bazooka damage and knockback and even give it stunning properties.

Up Special: Rocket Jump
Striker Jones points his rocket launcher downward and has it boost him upward, which covers a great amount of vertical height! Upgrades increase leap height and the power of the boost, as well as giving more horizontal control. Credit to Fazdude for this move idea!

Down Special: Explosive Supercharge
Striker Jones powers up his next explosive attack by getting into a charge stance that when uninterrupted during its brief charge period, it makes Jones glow red. Upgrades decrease charge time as well as increase the multiply ratio and level of the supercharged explosive move, and even give Jones a red hot aura while in his charged state which damage others on contact.

Super Move: Concussive Shell
Striker Jones launches a single big bazooka forward which flies lightning fast and deals MASSIVE damage and knockback to an area of fighters and Bloons, capable of KO'ing even at relatively low damage percentages. While it may not be the most exciting super move there is, it can be super effective if used correctly.

Taunt:
Striker Jones solutes as a mini missile flies near him.

Entrance:
Striker Jones drops onto the stage in a parachute, just like his Paradrop Placement in BTD6.

Victory:
Striker Jones shoots a few Bloons with his rocket launcher before striking a pose while a massive explosion sets off behind him.

Defeat:
Striker Jones checks his rocket launcher, only for it to explode on his face.

Alt costumes:
1660785495439.png
1660785507508.png
Photo Aug 16, 10 37 48 PM.jpg

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Not gonna lie - I think everything PCC submitted for Striker Jones is pretty much spot-on (the only change I'd make is giving him a rocket jump Up Special, just because it'd be funny). Due to that, I'll be abstaining from these jobs.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, my submissions will make the cut since I'm the only one who submitted, so moving on!

Job #187: Submit a "moveset" and animations for Dreadbloon!

Job #188: Submit a stage layout for Dreadbloon's Domain! (the non-boss version of the stage)

Job #189: Submit some music tracks that could play on Phase Crystal, Onslaught, Inblot, Cards and Dreadbloon's Domain! Bear in mind that's it's fine to submit multiple music tracks for each stage, even if another user had submitted theirs!

FazDude

Smash Master
Dreadbloon Music
  • Attacks
    • Dreadbloon burrows into the earth before coming out of it in a different (telegraphed) location.
    • Dreadbloon locks onto the player before charging at them with its drill spinning.
    • Dreadbloon fires rocks at the player.
    • Dreadbloon gains a layer of stone armor, temporarily increasing its defense.
  • Entrance Animation: Dreadbloon burrows out of the earth.
  • Defeat Animation: Dreadbloon breaks apart, a shower of pebbles coming from it.
Dreadbloon's Domain Layout: I'd like to make Dreadbloon's Domain's layout similar to that of Great Cave Offensive from Smash, since I think a large, expansive stage fits the mining aesthetic.

Music

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Frankly I'm happy with most of Fazdude's submissions, however, I do have a few attacks in mind for Dreadbloon as well as a defeat animation. I also have some music tracks too

-Dreadbloon digs underground and tunnels through the ground with only its top parts visible. While digging on the ground, it will damage any fighter in its path and stalagmites will protrude from the ground, launching fighters upward. When digging on the ceiling, it will drop stalactites.
-Dreadbloon summons a boulder with Bloons on it that rolls forward, which can deal heavy damage.
-For its defeat animation, Dreadbloon's rotors malfunction, causing it to zip backwards into a rock wall, causing boulders to fall on it.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so FazDude FazDude 's Dreadbloon moveset and stage layout will make the cut while all music submissions will be added! Onward!

Job #190: Submit a monkey knowledge set for Dartling Gunner!

Job #191: Submit two new items from either the Bloons series or other Ninja Kiwi games to be added!

Job #192: Submit 3 Ninja Kiwi Flash games to be added to Ninja Kiwi Arcade! Be sure to describe how their controls would work for consoles!

FazDude

Smash Master
Kind of in a hurry, so I'll try and keep these brief.

Job 190: Dartling Monkey Knowledge
I can't think of much for this set, I'm afraid. Might revisit it later in the day.

Job 191-A: James' Lucky Coin (Bloons Adventure Time TD)

(Since it's been brought up with Pac-Man and Doom Slayer, we might have to make a copyright-friendly change and replace PB with a regular monke.)

When picked up, your cash income is doubled for a short time!

Job 191-B: Banana Bunch (Bloons TD)
Representing the entirety of the Bloons TD franchise as opposed to a single game, the Banana Bunch works like your standard healing item. Nothing more, nothing less.

Job 192
  • Another Box of Hotcorn
    • Same controls as the original Hotcorn.
  • Brilliant Crystals
    • Control stick + A to fire crystals.
    • B, X, and Y to access potions.
  • Zeba
    • Control stick to move.
    • Face buttons to use different types of breath.
    • Right shoulder button to reset a room. (not sure if this was in the original, but it's a nice QOL change)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My submissions:

Dartling Gunner Knowledge
  • Tier 1
    • Diligent Dartling: Projectiles from neutral special deal more damage
    • See-through shots: Dartling Gunner's projectiles pass through fighters!
    • Jumping Jet: Gatling Jet covers more distance
    • Bigger missiles: turns the missiles into Master Builder sentry-missiles
  • Tier 2
    • Rocket Gatling: Increases the shooting speed of missiles
    • Triple Jet: Gatling Jet has projectiles split into three for more coverage
    • Buckshot: Every 5th shot from the neutral special becomes a powerful buckshot!
  • Tier 3
    • Laser Pointer: Dartling Gunner's projectiles travel in a straight line!
    • Dartling Aimbot: All projectiles Dartling Gunner launches will automatically home in on opponents.
  • Tier 4
    • Plasma Leftovers: Lasers leave behind pools of plasma after they hit anything.

Items:
Revenge Stick
1661037938544.png

A battering item thats power increases the higher your damage is!

Blade Trap

1661037952546.png

One of the items sold by Geraldo starting at when he is at level 7. When thrown, it will place itself wherever it lands, with only its top portion visible. When anything sets it off, it will unleash a flurry of blades! There's a rare chance for the plus version of the item to appear, which unleashes a longer flurry of blades!

Ninja Kiwi Arcade games:
SAS Zombie Assault 3
1661038710192.png

Same controls as the other included SAS Zombie Assault games.

Hungry Sumo
1661038752393.png

Control stick to select sumo.

Red Reign
1661038844545.png

Same control scheme as Apple TV controls.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so it seems that my Dartling Gunner knowledge will be added as well as all the Ninja Kiwi Arcade submissions. For now, please vote for the items! Vote for your top 4 items, 1 to 4, with the #1 pick getting 4 points and the #2 pick getting 3 points and so on and so forth.
  1. James' Lucky Coin
  2. Blade Trap
  3. Banana Bunch
  4. Revenge Stick
Job #193: Submit 3 new event matches themed around Ninja Monkey, Gwendolin and Admiral Brickell! To clear up any confusion, you have to submit three events in total, one for each monkey.

Job #194: Submit some music tracks that could play on Pool Table, Bloonraker, Koru, Dino Graveyard, and Candy Falls! Bear in mind that's it's fine to submit multiple music tracks for each stage, even if another user had submitted theirs!

FazDude

Smash Master
Item Votes
  1. Revenge Stick
  2. James' Lucky Coin
  3. Blade Trap
  4. Banana Bunch
Events
  • Ninja Monkey: Ninja Training
    • Description: Being a ninja requires rigorous training. See how fast you can pop all the Bloons!
    • Stage: Unique stage created specifically for the event.
    • Player: Ninja Monkey
    • Opponents: N/A
    • Bloons: Red
    • Upgrade Paths Open: None
    • Objective: This event is similar to the Target Test modes from Smash; Idling bloons are scattered across the stage, with the objective being to pop them all.
  • Gwendolin: Extinguish Escape
    • Description: Everyone knows that water is fire's worst enemy. Think you can avoid getting dunked?
    • Stage: Pat's Pond
    • Player: Gwendolin
    • Opponents: Quincy, Captain Churchill, and Admiral Brickell
    • Bloons: N/A
    • Upgrade Paths Open: All
    • Objective: Your regular free-for-all battle, but with a twist: If you touch the water at all, it's an instant loss!
  • Admiral Brickell: At-Sea Skirmish
    • Description: It's a battle on the high seas! Think you can take the opposing army?
    • Stage: Unique stage created specifically for the event.
    • Player: Admiral Brickell
    • Opponent: Admiral Brickell
    • Bloons: Red through White
    • Upgrade Paths Open: All
    • Objective: The stage is a "walkoff" with a flat body of water and a single hovering platform. Otherwise, it's an average stamina match.
Might do music later.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, I might as well keep the current jobs and voting open till' Tuesday morning, I was busy and stuff.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, apologies if I'm late, but in addition to all submissions from the previous jobs getting added, here are the item results

James' Lucky Coin: 7
Banana Bunch: 3
Revenge Stick: 5
Blade Trap: 5

So it looks like we have a triple play here! With the coin, stick and trap making it in as items! So congrats to me and FazDude FazDude !

Job #195: Design a moveset for Captain Cassie!

Job #196: Submit some alternate costumes & colors for Captain Cassie while you're at it. Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors! Original costume ideas are ok too!

FazDude

Smash Master
Apologies for being late - Here's what I got for Captain Cassie.
  • Neutral Special: Cannonball
    • Referencing her primary attack in Bloons AT TD, Cassie fires a cannonball straight forwards, having similar properties to King K. Rool's Blunderbuss. However, Cassie's cannon doesn't have a suction function.
    • Upgrades increase the cannonball's speed and power.
  • Up Special: Rope Swing
    • Cassie grabs a rope which drops from the top of the screen, riding it upwards as a straightforward recovery.
    • Upgrades increase the rope's range and give Cassie the ability to kick opponents while using it.
  • Down Special: Soda Barrel
    • While this barrel doesn't carry what pirates usually carry in barrels (mainly due to age-appropiateness reasons), it serves a similar function to the exploding barrels from Smash, creating a fizzy blast when broken.
    • Upgrades give the soda additional power, as well as greater speed when rolled.
  • Super Move: Broadside
    • Captain Cassie hops in her ship (which pulls up in the background) and begins bombarding the stage with ammunition, including darts, cannonballs, and... grapes. Go figure.
As for her alts...
  • Traditional pirate's coat + hat
  • Covered in seaweed
  • A color scheme similar to Marceline the Pirate Queen; Given that Cassie hails from an Adventure Time crossover, I think she's entitled to at least one alt referencing the franchise.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so I forgot to say that I was going to abstain from the previous two jobs, since my moveset and alts got in last time, I want to give someone else their chance. But anyways moving on.

Job #197: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for Mortar Monkey!

Job #198: Submit some music tracks that could play on Monkey City, Triangle of Insanity, High Finance and Volcano! Bear in mind that's it's fine to submit multiple music tracks for each stage, even if another user had submitted theirs!

FazDude

Smash Master
Ooooh, the Mortar Monkey Knowledge is something I've been waiting for...
  • Tier 1
    • Quick Shell: The mortar shells fired by Neutral Special are faster.
    • Quick Recovery: The mortar's cooldown after using Up Special is shorter.
    • Quick Move: The mortar's cooldown after using Down Special is shorter.
    • Cannon Velocity: The Mortar Monkey moves faster.
  • Tier 2
    • Stunning Shells: The N-Special mortar shells can stun opponents.
    • Parachute: After using the U-Special, the Mortar Monkey uses a parachute to slow their descent.
    • Monkey Rocket: During the first few frames of U-Special, contact with the Mortar Monkey deals insane damage.
  • Tier 3
    • Pop and Awe: The Mortar Monkey's super move fires more rockets.
    • Mine Launch: The mortar generates an explosion around itself when U-Special is used.
  • Tier 4
    • Insta-Move: Down Special has no cooldown.
----
As for music...

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so All of Fazdude's submissions will get in at this point as I think they nailed all of them almost the way I was going to, onto the next jobs!

Job #199: Design a moveset for Alchemist!

Job #200: Submit some alternate costumes & colors for Alchemist while you're at it. Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors! Original costume ideas are ok too!

I do have a fun moveset in mind for the guy as well as some fun alts, so I'll submit later.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, for my Alchemist moveset

Alchemist

latest.png

Alchemist is a very-slightly heavy-middleweight with above-average jump and slightly-below-average speed.

Gimmick:
All of Alchemist's potion attacks cover fighters and Bloons with a coat of potion liquid! Think of it like Zetterburn's burn gimmick, where fighters and Bloons covered in potion residue will take more damage and knockback from Alchemist exclusively, as well as taking damage overtime, albeit slowly.

Neutral-Standard:
Alchemist swings an open potion, causing its liquid to spill out in a swipe motion

Side-Standard:
Alchemist spills some potion liquid forward.

Up-Standard:
Alchemist opens a potion bottle, causing bubbles to form out of it.

Down-Standard:
Alchemist spills some potion liquid on the ground.

Dash Attack:
Alchemist trips and a potion tumbles forwards and breaks when it hits the ground, much like Villager's and Isabelle's dash attacks.

Side Smash:
Alchemist opens a potion bottle similar to how people or cartoon characters tend to open champagne bottles, which causes the potion liquid to erupt forward.

Up Smash:
Same as the side smash, but upward coverage.

Down Smash:
Alchemist violently smashes two potion bottles on both sides of iteself.

Neutral-Aerial:
Alchemist swings a potion around itself, forming a circle of potion liquid.

Side-Aerial:
Same as the side standard, but in the air

Up-Aerial:
Same as the up standard, but in the air

Down-Aerial:
Alchemist plunges ap otion bottle down to itself, with the potion bottle breaking when it hits something.

Neutral Special: Potion Toss
Alchemist simply tosses a potion forward in an arc. Can be angled, just like it can in BTD6. Upgrades increase potion size, throw speed, giving potions the ability to coat Bloons and fighters with gold that can earn more revenue for Alchemist when it damages them, and even to the popular Bloon Master Alchemist, to which it can sometimes throw a shrink potion to turn Big Bloons into Red Bloons!, or just shrink fighters!

Up Special: Unstable Concoction
Alchemist jumps a third time while throwing a purple potion in a downward-diagonal direction that when it coats Big Bloons and fighters, it will make Big Bloons explode when they lose all their health and makes fighters take more damage from explosive attacks! Upgrades increase jump height, potion size and the ability to aim the potion.

Down Special: Berserker Brew
Alchemist drinks some fresh brew, buffing most of its stats for 10 seconds, but with a lengthy cooldown of 20 seconds before it can be used again. Upgrades increase buffs, decreases cooldowns, and even to the ever-popular Perma-brew, to which it has a ridiculous amount of buffing power and almost no cooldown!

Super Move: Total Transformation
Alchemist will rally up 5 random monkeys (those monkeys come from the background and not the fighters, they are random monkeys too) to which they all, including the Alchemist will drink potions to turn them into crazy attack monsters for 7 seconds. Suring that time, they will all blast lasers all over the stage and deliver strong punches to anyone close to them.

Taunt:
Alchemist will hold a potion bottle and shake it a little, like one of its idle animations in BTD6.

Entrance:
A potion drops onto the stage, to which Alchemist then appears where the potion lands.

Victory:
Alchemist mixes up a special potion to which when it throws it, the potion explodes immediately at a group of Bloons and Big Bloons as it looks at the camera with an epic look on its face.

Defeat:
Alchemist tries to mix a potion, only for it to explode on its face.

Alt. Costumes:
1661473578283.png
1661473780584.png
1661473941412.png

FazDude

Smash Master
Hey, so first off, my apologies for being super late - I was busy with college move-in stuff pretty much all day, so yeah. Anywho...

Alchemist Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Potion Toss
    • The Alchemist throws a potion in an arc. Pretty much what PCC already submitted.
    • Upgrades increase the potion's range and damage - Eventually giving it a chance to shrink targets like PCC's submission.
  • Up Special: Unstable Concoction
    • The Alchemist uses a potion to propel himself in one of eight directions, similarly to Greninja's Up Special.
    • Upgrades increase the range.
  • Down Special: Berserker Brew
    • Only usable once a stock, the Alchemist gulps down a potion, transforming him into a berserker! However, unlike PCC's submission, this is more of a stance change, with the Alchemist temporarily gaining more power, resistances, and a variety of new moves. With the specials specifically...
      • Neutral: The Berserker throws a flurry of claw swipes.
      • Up: The Berserker leaps upwards before crashing to the ground, similarly to Garfield's Up Special in NASB.
      • Down: The Berserker roars, creating a sound wave which pushes opponents away without dealing damage.
    • Upgrades increase the Berserker's strength. However, its specials cannot be upgraded on their own.
  • Super Move: Total Transformation
    • Triggers the Berserker transformation and summons two AI Berserkers to fight alongside it.
Alchemist Alts
  • Minecraft Witch (honestly I like this one so much that I wanna have it in regardless)
  • Soda branding (legal-friendly Coke/Pepsi references)
  • An outfit resembling a (legal friendly version of) Skylanders' Pop Fizz (this is a biased pick; Pop Fizz is my favorite Skylander and a big inspiration for how I designed Beserker Brew)

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright! With all the Alchemist submission jobs closed, it's time to vote! You can vote for the Alchemist moveset here! And while you're at it, please vote for your top 5 Alchemist alts! Like before, your #1 submission getting 5 points, your #2 pick getting 4 points, your #3 pick getting 3 points, and so on and so forth, with the top 3 making the cut! For bonus points, please add the reason why you put that particular alt in that place! The only rule I have with this is don't make your own submission your #1 pick please.

1. Pop Fizz (I actually did like Skylanders quite a bit back in the day and I still fondly remember the whole toys-to-life craze back then)
  2. Minecraft Witch (Because it makes so much sense when you think about it)
  3. Juice Bar Vender (I just think smoothies and fruit juice would be a fun substitution for something that is implied to work like beer)
  4. Soda branding (Would look fun)
  5. Potion Panic (Created out of not having many alt ideas for Alchemist, plus more references to old Ninja Kiwi games are always welcome)
Job #201: Tower Vote-Down!
This tower vote's theme will be around the towers that lost the previous two tower votes! Vote for your top four towers from the following list; The winner will make it into the fighter roster! Bonus points if you can give a reason why you put that monkey in that space!
  • Boomerang Monkey
  • Monkey Buccaneer
  • Glue Gunner
  • Druid

Job #202: Submit 4 new Bloon Animal Ambush wave challenges! This is something we haven't done in a long while, so....here it is again!

Job #203: Submit some music tracks that could play on Who Wants To Be a Bloonionare?, Bloon Carnival, Rocky Mudslide and Meebling World! Bear in mind that's it's fine to submit multiple music tracks for each stage, even if another user had submitted theirs!

I do have my tower votes at the moment, I'll submit something to the other jobs later

1. Druid (It's the only magic monkey that has zero presence in Bloons Blowout right now, plus it can make some very good moveset potential)
  2. Glue Gunner (IT would be fun to see how it could use glue in a direct-offensive way)
  3. Monkey Buccaneer
  4. Boomerang Monkey

FazDude

Smash Master
Votedown
  1. Boomerang Monkey (one of the classic TD towers, can't go without it)
  2. Druid (a newer monkey, but one with its fans even if i'm not one of them, screw you druid wizard monkey deserves the screen-wide nuke not you)
  3. Glue Gunner (can't really think of anything to do with it, but it'd be an interesting addition)
  4. Monkey Buccaneer (kinda irrelevant now given Brickell's inclusion)
Can't think of any new challenges, so I'm just gonna skip to music.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so in terms of what's getting added, all music tracks will get added and it looks like even though FazDude FazDude 's Alchemist moveset won, since it was so similar to my Alchemist moveset submission, I'm going to do something special for this time and add a combined moveset, where Fazdude's special moves will get in while the rest of my moves make the cut for Alchemist! So it's considered a win-win for me and Fazdude! Also, here are the results for the votes:

• MC Witch: 9
  • Pop Fizz: 9
  • Juice Bar Vender: 4
  • Soda Branding: 4
  • Potion Panic: 4

• Boomerang Monkey: 5
  • Monkey Buccaneer: 3
  • Glue Gunner: 5
  • Druid: 7
Wow, in terms of Alchemist alts, it seems nobody could decide which is best, lol, so I'll just add all 5 alts as I'm not going to go through any more trouble with RNG and those stuff for this time. Also, it looks like or winning monke of the vote is Druid! With that, we have the entire Magic Monkey roster in BTD6 playable in Bloons Blowout!

In addition, I'll keep Job 202 for another day, if anyone has any more ideas, if not, than nothing goes, it's that simple.

Job #204: Design a moveset for Tribal Turtle! Yes, or first playable special agent as well as a non-monke!

Job #205: Submit some alternate costumes & colors for Tribal Turtle while you're at it. Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors! Original costume ideas are ok too!

FazDude

Smash Master
Tribal Turtle Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Spear Toss
    • The Tribal Turtle lobs a spear forwards. It can be slightly angled ala Bandanna Waddle Dee's spears in the Kirby series.
    • Upgrades increase the range and power of the spears.
  • Up Special: Vine Whip
    • The Tribal Turtle uses a vine as a makeshift rope, acting as a tether recovery.
    • Upgrades increase the vine's range and give it a hitbox.
  • Down Special: Coconut
    • The Tribal Turtle pulls out a coconut which can be thrown like a regular item. The coconut isn't too strong, but deals immense shield damage. However, there is a brief cooldown between uses.
    • Upgrades increase the coconut's strength.
  • Super Move: Spear Rain
    • A number of Tribal Turtles appear in the background and throw spears into the air, which begin to rain down onto the stage.
Tribal Turtle Alts
  1. Default
  2. Tubular Turtle (wears a ninja mask and belt as a not-so-subtle nod to the TMNT)
  3. Spiky Turtle (wears a blue spiked shell, reference to the Spiny Shell from Mario Kart)
  4. Turtoise (colors of a turtoise)

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Tribal Turtle Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Spear Toss
    • The Tribal Turtle lobs a spear forwards. It can be slightly angled ala Bandanna Waddle Dee's spears in the Kirby series.
    • Upgrades increase the range and power of the spears.
  • Up Special: Vine Whip
    • The Tribal Turtle uses a vine as a makeshift rope, acting as a tether recovery.
    • Upgrades increase the vine's range and give it a hitbox.
  • Down Special: Retreat
    • The Tribal Turtle tucks into his shell before lunging forwards. He has a considerable amount of super armor, much like Squirtle's Withdraw.
    • Upgrades increase the super armor's strength and the lunge's range.
  • Super Move: Spear Rain
    • A number of Tribal Turtles appear in the background and throw spears into the air, which begin to rain down onto the stage.
Tribal Turtle Alts
  1. Default
  2. Tubular Turtle (wears a ninja mask and belt as a not-so-subtle nod to the TMNT)
  3. Spiky Turtle (wears a blue spiked shell, reference to the Spiny Shell from Mario Kart)
  4. Turtoise (colors of a turtoise)
Nice moveset, but keep in mind that the turtle can throw coconuts too, which deal more damage to ceramics and can pop frozen and lead, so maybe you can take more inspiration from that?

Tribal Turtle alts
  1. Valentines' (Pink turtle with red bow, throws cupid arrows)
  2. Leatherback (Blue with leather shell)
  3. Industrial (top hat and throws pipes)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Sorry if I'm late, but now that the current jobs are over, Fazdude's Tribal Turtle moveset will make the cut and please vote for your top 6 Tribal Turtle alts! Like before, your #1 submission getting 5 points, your #2 pick getting 4 points, your #3 pick getting 3 points, and so on and so forth, with the top 3 making the cut! For bonus points, please add the reason why you put that particular alt in that place! The only rule I have with this is don't make your own submission your #1 pick please.

1. Tubular Turtle (Why not?, it would be a smash hit)
  2. Spiky Turtle (More Super Mario references are always welcome)
  3. Valentine's (I just think it looks really good)
  4. Industrial (Looks cool)
  5. Leatherback
  6. Tortoise

Job #204: #BeekeeperProMoveset design job is go!

Job #205: Submit some alternate costumes & colors for Beekeeper Pro while you're at it. Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors! Original costume ideas are ok too!

Baysha

Smash Ace
Submitting the moveset I posted in profile posts. I'll vote for the alts later.

Neutral special - Bee Shot: Flings a swarm of bees that travel in a sine wave pattern. The swarm deals weak damage but is a multihit attack that's great for stunlocking opponents. So be sure to follow it up with a good K.O. move. First upgrade increases the size and the second makes the swarm slightly home in on enemies.

Up special - Flying High(ve): Holds the beehive up above his head and the bees carry him upwards. Functions similarly to Snake's recovery due to the fact that his body is vulnerable during this period. First upgrade makes it faster and the second makes the bees carrying the hive also deal damage. Also makes it slightly faster.

Down special - Honey Huck: Chuck a glob of honey in an arc. It creates a puddle on whatever it lands on. Opponents hit by or standing the puddle have their movement speed slowed. You can only have 1 puddle on stage at a time and can only throw another projectile after the first one lands Unless you get the second upgrade. First upgrade makes the honey stun fighters for a short time. Second upgrade allows 2 puddles/projectiles to be on screen at a time.

Super - Bee Swarm: Unleashes an enormous cloud of bees that flies around the stage and hurting opponents caught in the swarm.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I really like Baysha's moveset, so I'm just gonna submit my votes and Beekeeper's potential alts.

Turtle Alts
  1. Leatherback (I wanna have at least one alt which references a real-life turtle)
  2. Tubular Turtle
  3. Spiky Turtle (I wanna prioritize a new franchise being referenced over another Mario ref)
  4. Industrial
  5. Tortoise
  6. Valentine's (I think a Cupid-like alt would have been more fitting for Quincy; I don't think it makes much sense for Tribal Turtle)
Beekeeper Alts
  1. Default
  2. Bee Costume
  3. Beekeeper Suit (ref)
  4. Red shirt (at the risk of bringing the mouse's wrath)

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Since the jobs will end shortly, here are my Beekeeper Pro alts

• Black Bear
  • Smokey Ranger
  • Paddington

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Alts:

• Lumberjack (red plaid shirt with a big bushy beard)
  • Bottle bear (He resembles one of those honey bottles that's shaped like a bear)
  • Toy (His whole body turns to shades blue with highlights in pink and button-on eyes)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Now that the current jobs are over, since I had actually really liked Baysha's Baysha's Beekepper Pro moveset from the start and that Baysha has not had a moveset submitted yet, I shall go ahead and have that moveset will make the cut!, Also, please vote for your top 9 Beekeeper Pro alts! Like before, your #1 submission getting 9 points, your #2 pick getting 8 points, your #3 pick getting 7 points, and so on and so forth, with the top 3 making the cut! For bonus points, please add the reason why you put that particular alt in that place! The only rule I have with this is don't make your own submission your #1 pick please. Also here are the results for the Tribal Turtle alts!

• Tubular Turtle: 11
  • Spiky Turtle: 9
  • Tortoise: 3
  • Valentine's: 5
  • Leatherback: 8
  • Industrial: 6

So it looks like our winning alts are Tubular Turtle, Spiky Turtle and Leatherback! All very nice alts!

Job #206: Design a moveset for Pat Fusty! Me and Fazdude had always envisioned him as a grappler!

Job #207: Submit some alternate costumes & colors for Pat Fusty while you're at it. Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors! Original costume ideas are ok too!

My submissions and votes:

1. Bee Costume (Looks cute)
  2. Beekeeper suit (for the irony)
  3. Paddington (I like Paddigton)
  4. Smokey Ranger (Only you can prevent wildfires.......)
  5. Bottle Bear (Would look cool)
  6. Black Bear
  7. Red Shirt
  8. Lumberjack
  9. Toy
Pat Fusty moveset

"To pop is to serve!"

Pat's one true heavyweight who can't jump very high and is hard to launch. With his big size, he can run pretty fast, but he can be combo food.

Gimmick:
He's the game's signature grappler! He has a wide range of attacks where he will latch onto opponents and then command on where he will launch them or how he will attack them! Because Ninja Kiwi had once said Pat Fusty would be the easiest to create a Smash Bros moveset for, many of his non-grappling attacks are easily themed around fighting!

Neutral-Standard:
Pat simply slams with his hands, like he does in BTD6.

Side-Standard:
Pat swipes forward, straightforward.

Up-Standard:
Identical to Donkey Kong's up-standard in Ultimate and 4

Down-Standard:
Pat swipes at ground level

Dash Attack:
Pat rolls forward.

Side Smash:
Pat Fusty slams both of his fists down as a hand-slap

Up Smash:
Identical to Donkey Kong's up smash in Smash Bros.

Down Smash:
Identical to Donkey Kong's down smash in Smash Bros.

Neutral-Aerial:
Similar to King Dedede's neutral-aeriel

Side-Aerial:
Similar to Mario's and Banjo's side-aerials in Smash Bros

Up-Aerial:
Pat claps upward

Down-Aerial:
Pat performs a body slam! As it only cancels after hitting something, careful about using it over the blast zone!

Neutral Special: Huge Hug
A command grab, where Pat just hugs forward, and when he hugs someone, he can then slam and throw fighters in front, back, up or down! Upgrades increase hug distance, slam power and throw distance!

Up Special: Fly Squeeze
Just like Patrick's up-special in NASB, can be angled in 8 different directions. When Pat makes contact with another fighter, he'll grab them and throw them depending on the direction the control stick is held. Upgrades increase fly distance, throw power and gives the ability to curve the fight slightly.

Down Special: Leaping Piledriver
Works like Bowser's Flying Slam, Pat simply swipes forward a short range, and if he grabs anyone, he'll leap into the air high and perform a piledriver that deals huge damage and knockback. And yes, with this move, you can totally be one of those players.......... Upgrades increase grab range and power and knockback!

Super Move: Big Squeeze
Pat does a BIG hug forward which can actually grab up to 5 fighters and Big Bloons! When he does, he'll do a massive hug on whatever he just caught before dealing huge amounts of knockback and poppage!

Taunt:
Pat slams his fists together before making a knuckle samdwich.

Entrance:
Pat super jumps onto the stage, just like his custom placement in BTD6.

Victory:
Pat hugs a BFB, which then explodes in confetti and party decoration before cheering.

Defeat:
Pat just sits there, feeling down.

Alts:
1661908349029.png
1661908388282.png
1661908488612.png
1661909026737.png

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

(anyway pcc's vision for pat is pretty much perfect so i won't submit anything myself)

EDIT: Actually, I do have an alt idea: A silverback gorilla color scheme.
nice

Also, be sure to vote for the Beekeeper Pro alts! I will end the jobs tonight

FazDude

Smash Master
Oh, right, my bad.
  1. Black Bear (i love me some references to real-world animals)
  2. Smokey Ranger (it's just a neat reference)
  3. Beekeeper Suit (i think it'd look pretty neat)
  4. Bee Costume
  5. Bottle Bear (a genuinely creative idea!)
  6. Paddington
  7. Toy
  8. Lumberjack (not a bad alt, i just don't think it makes a whole lot of sense for the beekeeper pro)
  9. Red Shirt (honestly not that happy with this one in hindsight)

Baysha

Smash Ace
1. Beekeeper Suit
2. Bottle Bear
3. Paddington
4. Black Bear
5. Smokey Ranger
6. Toy
7. Lumberjack
8. Red Shirt
9. Bee Costume

Top Bottom