• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Bloons Blowout (Bloons franchise platform fighter): DEVELOPMENT OFFICIALLY COMPLETE, PLEASE NO MORE REPLIES UNLESS NECESSARY

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so jobs 27 and 28 will be kept open for another day, please contribute to them if you can!

Poll results, It looks like both of FazDude FazDude 's submissions will make the cut!, So congrats to him! I think this game does deserve a stage with lots of water!

FazDude

Smash Master
Boss: Vortex

I'm still probably gonna go with Bloonarius, but having Vortex as an option wouldn't hurt either.

Stage: Cubism

I don't think there's any wind/air based stages in Bloons TD, so I'll have to make do with this; Vortex can be encountered on it, so...

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so after much discussion with the other contributors, I have decided that we should indeed start with Bloonarius as our first boss. With this, Pat's Pond will be the stage Bloonarius is fought on!

Job #29: Submit 2 assists from the Bloons series to be added to the game! Like before, please describe what they can do to assist the player in-game, such as their attacks and other things they do to help out the player.

Job #30: Submit a stage layout for Monkey Meadow!

My submissions:
Benjamin

From what I know, he is probably the most used hero in BTD6 (Because he's THAT useful), so why not feature his usefulness here in Bloons Blowout? When he is active, the fighter he is assisting will be granted double the cash for any they earn for as long as he is active. Any Bloons within his range are also affected with the Bloon Trojan, making them not spawn children and earning additional cash when popped, and he will also occasionally use Syphon Funding, to which all Bloons that spawn near him will be downgraded by 1 rank and grant even more cash when popped. When the fighter he is assisting has its damage at a high amount, he will use Biohack to increase their stats for a set amount of time.

Psi
latest.png

A hero with infinite range at the cost of sluggish attack speed. It has the ability to target ANY Bloon on screen, one at a time, with inner focus and mind powers, which stuns a Bloon in place until it is popped entirely. When it targets fighters, it'll stun them in place, albeit much shorter than Bloons, before launching them in the direction depending on which is the best Psi can think of, like into the blastzone or to get them off the fighter he is assisting from a combo. Bloons and fighters in Psi's close range will be stunned with a psychic blast that can stun and confuse (scrambling control stick behavior for a short time).

For my stage layout for Monkey Meadow, it would be a simple grounded stage with 2 or 3 Banana Farms with palm trees that serve as platforms. The layout for the Banana Farms are random for every time the stage is chosen, and they will drop Bananas on normal intervals which can act as healing AND extra cash generation.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 29: Admiral Brickell

When summoned, Admiral Brickell appears in a little kiddie pool riding her ship, and fires torpedos at opponents after using an aiming reticle. She's pretty much Snake's Final Smash in assist form, and she cannot be KO'd.

Can't think of a second assist right now.

Job 30: Monkey Meadow Layout
Since Monkey Meadow features a winding path, I think we could kinda recreate that in the form of having slanted soft platforms over the central platform. Maybe even throw in a gimmick featuring curved gravity like Mario Galaxy and Windy Hill in Smash?

(also just a tiny correction; psi's nonbinary)

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Job 29: Admiral Brickell

When summoned, Admiral Brickell appears in a little kiddie pool riding her ship, and fires torpedos at opponents after using an aiming reticle. She's pretty much Snake's Final Smash in assist form, and she cannot be KO'd.

Can't think of a second assist right now.

Job 30: Monkey Meadow Layout
Since Monkey Meadow features a winding path, I think we could kinda recreate that in the form of having slanted soft platforms over the central platform. Maybe even throw in a gimmick featuring curved gravity like Mario Galaxy and Windy Hill in Smash?

(also just a tiny correction; psi's nonbinary)
Hey, just take your time on the second assist, if you want, you can resubmit the Beekeeper

Oh, ok ^^;

FazDude

Smash Master
Hey, just take your time on the second assist, if you want, you can resubmit the Beekeeper
Alrighty, I'll do just that.
I only have one idea that I really like at the moment; Beekeeper from the iOS version of Bloons TD 4 and making a proper debut in Bloons TD 5.

When summoned, this bear walks around and releases bees from his beehive. These swarms... swarm onto opponents and sting them, dealing multiple hits of flinching damage before dispersing.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, both jobs are over! Based on how many assist submissions we got, I will be dividing it into 2 polls!

Assist vote #1
Assist vote #2
Vote for the Monkey Meadow stage layout here!

Job #31: Design a moveset for Quincy! (Son of Quincy)

That's right, we'll be designing a moveset for the first Hero-class playable character in the game! There is honestly tons of material to pull moves from, so get creative and have fun moveset-crafting!

Baysha

Smash Ace
****. Both of you already voted for Beekeeper to be an assist. If only I submitted some earlier.

Baysha

Smash Ace
There's always next time, but what did you have in mind?
I didn't have any. I just want Beekeeper as a fighter and I thought that if I submitted assists then he wouldn't have been relegated to assist.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 31: Quincy Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Arrow Fire
    • Quincy charges up before releasing an arrow. The move is pretty similar to Link's Neutral Special in Smash, but can be slightly angled up or down.
    • This move's upgrades involve increasing its fire speed and giving arrows piercing properties.
  • Up Special: Firework Launch
    • An innovated take on Cyber Quincy's Firework Placement cosmetic, Quincy launches himself upwards with a firework. The initial attack is pretty similar to Steve's Elytra (plus an AOE burst at the peak of the launch), but Quincy will just enter freefall afterwards.
    • Upgrades include increasing the firework's range and giving it the ability to be angled slightly.
  • Down Special: Arrow Rain
    • Quincy fires three arrows in the air, with them coming down to damage opponents around ten seconds later. It's a great means of stage control!
    • Upgrades increase the arrow's speed and range.
  • Super Move: Rapid Fire
    • Quincy fires a rapid stream of arrows to rack up damage before launching opponents with the final shot.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I feel like that FazDude FazDude 's Quincy moveset already got so many points right for me, it's just so good, but here is mine anyway.

Quincy

latest (3) copy.png

"Are you kidding me? Nothing gets past my bow!"

Quincy is a character based around speedy movement combined with moves that are very combo-oriented, dealing little damage but can multihit in rapid amounts, staying true to his speed character attricute.

Neutral-Standard:
Quincy slashes twice with his bow before spinning it like a pinwheel which multihits before launching fighters with a final blow.

Side-Standard:
Quincy lunges his bow forward.

Up-Standard:
Quincy slashes with his bow upwards.

Down-Standard:
Quincy slashes with his bow between him.

Dash Attack:
Quincy performs a quick shoulder bash.

Side Smash:
Quincy performs a stonger slash with his bow.

Up Smash:
Quincy stabs upward with his bow

Down Smash:
Quincy shoots arrows at the ground on both sides of him.

Neutral-Aeriel:
Quincy spins his bow around him, which multihits.

Side-Aeriel:
Same as the side-standard, but in the air.

Up-Aeriel:
Same as the up-standard, but in the air.

Down-Aeriel:
Quincy fires three bows below him.

Neutral Special: Arrow fire
Works like Link's neutral-special, except it can be angled slightly. Upgrades increase firing speed, bow speed and damage and can allow Quincy to fire 3 bows at once!

Up Special: Rapid Fire
Quincy will rapidly fire bows below him, propelling him upwards and damaging anyone underneath. Upgrades increase move duration, damage and more movement.

Down Special: Arrow Lobber
Quincy fires several arrows in an arc that damage anyone in their path and acts as a good stage control option.

Super Move: Storm of Arrows
Quincy fires many arrows in the sky before they all rain down, damaging nearly all Bloons on screen and damaging and launching fighters everywhere.

Taunt:
Quincy checks his bow.

Entrance:
Quincy leaps onto the stage.

Victory:
Quincy fires his arrows at multiple Bloons on screen before posing a victory pose.

Defeat:
Quincy looks at the floor in disappointment, because nothing gets past his bow!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so I'm ending Job 31 right now, and I honestly think FazDude FazDude 's Quincy moveset is so good, so we'll go with his moveset for this time, so congrats to him!

Job #32: Looks like the battlefield could use some assistance! Submit a Support Monkey to be added to the character roster, because there are none currently! This is a potentially very interesting one as this tower category has more non-monkey towers than monkeys! (Monkey Engineer was post-launch for BTD6, so technically, Support used to be a non-monkey tower catagory!)

Also, for this occasion, I'll be counting Bloonchipper and COBRA as Support Monkeys! Because Ninja Kiwi once said Bloonchipper would be theoretically a Support Monkey if it was in BTD6, and COBRA was flat-out a Support Monkey in BTDB. So everyone, get character submitting!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Spike Factory
latest.png

Although it does not have anything to move around with, that's what would make it much more interesting! Its attacks can, of course, involve constant spike placement all over the stage, making this character's whole meta and theming being around stage control! Its Super Attack can be the Spike Storm, where it spreads spikes all over the stage!

FazDude

Smash Master
COBRA

It's a secret agent monkey who dual-wields guns (in BATTD, anyway). What more reasoning do you need?

Its moves could include the aforementioned guns, sabotaging other fighters in some way, or summoning its own Bloons in reference to TD Battles!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, now that Job 32 is closed, the voting has begun! Also, the Monkey Meadow stage layout is still at a tie, please vote for that too while you can!

Decide the Support Monkey here!
Help break the tie for Monkey Meadow here!

Onto the next two jobs:

Jobs 33 and 34: Submit two new Bloons stages! One from a Tower Defense Bloons game and one from a non-Tower Defense Bloons game!

Baysha

Smash Ace
Spillway_No_UI.png

Spillway

A stage with two archways at the ends that can be used as platforms. Between them, there is a pool of toxic liquid with a barrel that's safe to stand on in the center.
SpillwayLayout.png

Pop_Me.png

Pop Me

Basically how it is in the original game with each line of Bloons being a soft platform.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Sanctuary
latest.png

Could make a potentially really cool stage layout that takes place on top of the statues that act as solid moving platforms

Rubber Jungle
latest (1).png

I can imagine its layout taking place in the canopy with Bloons growing out of the trees

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 35: Pac-Man Bloon (Bloons)

Only seen in the game that started it all, popping this rare Bloon will temporarily transform you into (a legally distinct expy of) Pac-Man, allowing you to travel in cardinal directions and chomp any opponent or Bloon in your path for a few seconds.

Job 36: Dartsaber (Bloons Pop!)

While it gets its current identity from Bloons Pop, the weapon used in this game resembles a certain melee weapon from a certain popular space opera franchise, only with the blades of light being replaced with sharp darts. It acts pretty much the same as the Beam Sword from Smash (something it shares its inspiration with).

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Job 35: Fortified Bloon
latest (2).png

These Bloons can tank more damage thanks to their tough armor, which breaks off after enough damage. Worst of all, this property can apply to ALL Bloons in-game! (Apart from Boss Bloons)

Job 36: Sharpening Stone
latest (3).png

One of the items sold by Geraldo starting at when he is at level 5. Any character who picks it up will have increased damage to fighters and increased pierce to Bloons from their attacks! Picking it up will also make the same sound when it is applied to a Monkey in BTD6, but compared to BTD6, it won't last indefinitely and will wear off after some time, and ANYONE can pick it up, regardless if they use sharp objects or not (Like Wizard Monkey, for example). There's a rare chance that the plus variant of the stone can appear, which grants even more damage to fighters and even more pierce to Bloons to the fighter that picks it up.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Hey guys, I know this one doesn't relate to the current job, but here is a promo artwork I made myself, it will be updated later on down the road.
BloonsBlowout copy (1).png

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Job 35: Pac-Man Bloon (Bloons)

Only seen in the game that started it all, popping this rare Bloon will temporarily transform you into (a legally distinct expy of) Pac-Man, allowing you to travel in cardinal directions and chomp any opponent or Bloon in your path for a few seconds.

Job 36: Dartsaber (Bloons Pop!)

While it gets its current identity from Bloons Pop, the weapon used in this game resembles a certain melee weapon from a certain popular space opera franchise, only with the blades of light being replaced with sharp darts. It acts pretty much the same as the Beam Sword from Smash (something it shares its inspiration with).
Job 35: Fortified Bloon
View attachment 353337
These Bloons can tank more damage thanks to their tough armor, which breaks off after enough damage. Worst of all, this property can apply to ALL Bloons in-game! (Apart from Boss Bloons)

Job 36: Sharpening Stone
View attachment 353339

One of the items sold by Geraldo starting at when he is at level 5. Any character who picks it up will have increased damage to fighters and increased pierce to Bloons from their attacks! Picking it up will also make the same sound when it is applied to a Monkey in BTD6, but compared to BTD6, it won't last indefinitely and will wear off after some time, and ANYONE can pick it up, regardless if they use sharp objects or not (Like Wizard Monkey, for example). There's a rare chance that the plus variant of the stone can appear, which grants even more damage to fighters and even more pierce to Bloons to the fighter that picks it up.
Alright, jobs 35 and 36 have come to a close, and the voting has begun! Poll results of last time, here are the winners listed below!

Baysha Baysha : The Tower Defense stage (Spillway) (It was technically at a tie, but I think the stage idea is just TOO good) and the The non-Tower Defense stage (Pop Me)
FazDude FazDude : The Monkey Meadow Stage Layout

Vote for the Bloon here!
Vote for the item here!

Job #37: Submit a new Boss Bloon to be added to Bloons Blowout! Please explain the Bloon and what attacks and abilities they can use in their boss battles. (No need to go too deep into the attacks and abilities, we will cover this more in a future job)

Job #38: Submit a stage that fits with the Boss Bloon you submitted thematically! This will be the stage the boss will be fought on, using a grounded version specific to the boss battle.

Job #38.5: How many bosses should there be in total for base game?

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Dreadbloon
latest.png

I can imagine its attacks that mostly involve digging and using its drill. One of its attacks can be digging underground and remaining hidden, before popping out of the ground for a surprise drill attack.

Underground
latest (1).png

It's a cave, what more?

I think there should be 8 or 10 bosses base game.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Hey guys, sorry I'm late to all this, but Jobs 37-38.5 are now closed, and the voting has begun! 8 will be the total number of bosses in-game. Also, Fortified Bloon and Dartsaber are our winners of the previous polls, so congrats to me and FazDude FazDude !

Vote for the Boss Bloon here!

Job #39: Submit a new BTD6 Hero to be added to the character roster! Yes, we're getting to the meat of things, and now we're finally covering the Heroes! This is probably going to be a really exciting newcomer job for sure! Please explain the character, their abilities, what they can bring, how they can fight, and how would their faculties look when upgraded.

Job #40: Submit a Primary OR Magic monkey to be added to the character roster! I WAS originally going to do both categories in separate newcomer jobs, but I merged them into one as I realized that half of the monkeys of each category are already in the game in some way or form. Please explain the character, their abilities, what they can bring, how they can fight, and how would their faculties look when upgraded.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so I'll keep jobs 39 and 40 open for another day, so please contribute to them when you can!

Also, Vortex is our next Boss Bloon to get added, so congrats to FazDude FazDude !

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 39: Psi

Psi is a monkey child with psychic abilities. I've always like psychic fighters in fighting games, so I think Psi could be a great addition to the cast and have a lot of room for innovative attacks (since their abilities just stun/pop Bloons). I'd imagine their upgrades would involve disabling opponents and tossing them around with her psychic powers.

Job 40: Boomerang Monkey

The Boomerang Monkey... tosses boomerangs (although upgrades give them glavies). I'd imagine the Boomerang Monkey would be similar to Link in bombarding the stage with projectiles.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Job 39: Sauda
latest (2).png
She has twin swords, which is just really cool to me. Upgrades can allow her to inflict "Bloon Bleed" on Bloons, which damages Bloons gradually when they are slashed by her blades, or general speed and poppage increases.

Job 40: Ninja Monkey
latest (1).png
Its main gimmick, of course, can be having the ability to spot and deal with Camo Bloons way more easily than other fighters. Upgrades can allow it to throw more shurikens at faster rates, throw sticky bombs at Big Bloons or even gain the ever-popular Sabotage, which reduces newly-spawned Bloon speed and damage for a short duration

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Job 39: Psi

Psi is a monkey child with psychic abilities. I've always like psychic fighters in fighting games, so I think Psi could be a great addition to the cast and have a lot of room for innovative attacks (since their abilities just stun/pop Bloons). I'd imagine their upgrades would involve disabling opponents and tossing them around with her psychic powers.

Job 40: Boomerang Monkey

The Boomerang Monkey... tosses boomerangs (although upgrades give them glavies). I'd imagine the Boomerang Monkey would be similar to Link in bombarding the stage with projectiles.
Job 39: Sauda
View attachment 353559
She has twin swords, which is just really cool to me. Upgrades can allow her to inflict "Bloon Bleed" on Bloons, which damages Bloons gradually when they are slashed by her blades, or general speed and poppage increases.

Job 40: Ninja Monkey
View attachment 353558
Its main gimmick, of course, can be having the ability to spot and deal with Camo Bloons way more easily than other fighters. Upgrades can allow it to throw more shurikens at faster rates, throw sticky bombs at Big Bloons or even gain the ever-popular Sabotage, which reduces newly-spawned Bloon speed and damage for a short duration
Resubbing Geraldo

View attachment 353583
Ice Monkey
One of the towers that was there from the start.
Alright, I'm ending off Jobs 39 and 40, here, so now it's time to vote! Vote for your top 2 heroes AND your top 2 primary/magic monkey, your #1 pick will get 2 points, and your #2 pick will get 1 point. Try to avoid self-voting as much as possible, but just don't make your own submission your #1 pick please. Also, 28 is the final character roster size. Alright everyone, let's get voting!

Psi: FazDude FazDude
Sauda: PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Geraldo: Baysha Baysha

Boomerang Monkey: FazDude FazDude
Ninja Monkey: PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Ice Monkey: Baysha Baysha

My votes:
1. Geraldo (I just think his character would make funny moveset potential for a game like this)
2. Psi

1. Ice Monkey (That way, we'll have the classic 5 represented in-game)
2. Boomerang Monkey

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, I might as well end the voting here, so here are the results for each category:

Geraldo: 3
Sauda: 2
Psi: 2

Ice Monkey: 3
Ninja Monkey: 2
Boomerang Monkey 1

So it looks like both of Baysha Baysha 's newcomer submissions are going to make the cut, so congrats to Baysha Baysha ! Also, that means we have the classic 5 of the BTD series represented in-game!

Job #41: Submit a stage that fits Geraldo thematically! The whole submit-a-stage based on character theming is normally something I will only do with Bosses, but this time is an exception. The reason I chose to do this however is related to a near-future job that covers secrets! You'll have to wait to find out what it is!

Job #42: Submit a stage that fits Ice Monkey thematically! The whole submit-a-stage based on character theming is normally something I will only do with Bosses, but this time is an exception. The reason I chose to do this however is related to a near-future job that covers secrets! You'll have to wait to find out what it is!

My submissions:
Job 41: Scrapyard
latest.png

While I believe FazDude FazDude submitted this first in a previous job, that's the map that released alongside Geraldo and Vortex! Like FazDude FazDude suggested, this stage would involving moving platforms and generally be similar to the Dump from NASB. I also have this idea for the crusher being the main hazard of the stage. As I said earlier, the reason I submitted this map as a stage is related to a near-future job that covers secrets....

Job 42: Frozen Over
latest (1).png

An ice map. Need I say more?

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, I might as well keep jobs 41 and 42 open for another day, please contribute to them if you can!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, I might as well end jobs 41 and 42 here, and MY submissions will be used. I'm excited about it, since the reason I picked those two stages is because they relate to a near-future job that covers secrets, but that's for another day.

The next two jobs are potentially a load, but here they are:

Job #43: Submit 2 assists from the Bloons series to be added to the game! Like before, please describe what they can do to assist the player in-game, such as their attacks and other things they do to help out the player.

Job # 44: Submit a stage layout for Helium Heights! This is one I'm actually really excited for, because there are many creative
possibilities with this!

FazDude

Smash Master
Assist 1: Monkey Beacon (Bloons TD 3)

When summoned, this Assist doesn't do anything to attack directly; Rather, while you're within its field, your attack strength is boosted drastically!

Assist 2: Bloonchipper (Bloons TD 5)

Back with a vengance, this Assist sucks up enemies, Bloons, and projectiles, shredding them before launching them out of its top. It's pretty much an Assist version of Luigi's Final Smash from Smash 4/Ultimate.

Helium Heights Layout
I'd imagine this stage being similar to Melee's Poke Floats, being a vertically scrolling stage with various Bloon platforms soaring on and off-screen for a constantly changing layout.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My assists:
Ezili
latest (2).png

She is similar to Ashley in SSB4/Ultimate in a way. Any Regrow Bloons in her range will not regrow layers, while all other Bloons in her range will have their layers popped gradually. Any fighters within her range will be inflicted with negative status affects, like sleep, dizzy, poison or confusion (Inverting control stick behavior).

Watermelon Spitter
latest (1).png

Simply shoots watermelon seeds in rapid succession to any fighters and Bloons in its range, making it an excellent choice for combo startups or to really rack up damage!

For Helium Heights, I can imagine its layout taking place on a large tipping rock platform, ala the 3rd formation of Castle Siege. Mesas in the background would provide a few additional platforms, and the layout of the additional platforms are random every time. A Bloon gimmick for this stage is that Big Bloons appear more often on this stage and they also spawn more Bloon children as well!

Top Bottom