• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Bloons Blowout (Bloons franchise platform fighter): DEVELOPMENT OFFICIALLY COMPLETE, PLEASE NO MORE REPLIES UNLESS NECESSARY

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so, up until this point, life's been pretty hectic for me, scheduling conflicts, a power outage in my area and going to other events, but I guess all can resume from here. All of FazDude FazDude 's submission will be used at this point, and I think the Papa Louie backstory is rad and kinda creative.

Job #295: So far, we've come to the second to last DLC fighter for Bloons Blowout! It's pretty crazy as to how far we've got to at this point. For this job, you are to submit a character to become a new fighter, which character you may ask? Well.........Anyone! Yes, this is another "Any character goes" character job!, and it's just before the final, FINAL character job, which I want to make it feel EXTRA special. Just submit any Bloons Character or major Flash game character of your choice!

Discussion Point: How do you feel about Bloons Blowout development reaching this far? Do you feel anything's missing? Do you have any ideas on how to end the development on Bloons Blowout big and strong? Please let me know!

My submission: Run Alien
1678068442576.png

Previously submitted as a character by CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 . I have a ton of nostalgic memories of playing Run 2 in elementary school, and it's just a flash game series with genuine quality. The fact that she only runs makes her more of an ironic choice for a fighter

CoolCarrot23

Smash Rookie
Johnny Upgrade

One of the more popular games on CoolMathGames.com that was a nostalgic favorite among many players and arguably had something to do with math unlike most games on Cool Math Games, with its heavy emphasis on upgrading, shops and money management.

And given that Bloons Blowout's literal gimmick is upgrading your moves and stuff, this just makes too much sense.

FazDude

Smash Master
Johnny Upgrade

One of the more popular games on CoolMathGames.com that was a nostalgic favorite among many players and arguably had something to do with math unlike most games on Cool Math Games, with its heavy emphasis on upgrading, shops and money management.

And given that Bloons Blowout's literal gimmick is upgrading your moves and stuff, this just makes too much sense.
i’ll submit a fighter tomorrow but GOD i’m happy someone brought up johnny upgrade. game went hard

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Never contributed to this thread but I thought I would show up to support Pop and his other thread.

Fancy Pants Man (Fancy Pants Adventures)

image1.jpg

This series of games is one of the most iconic Flash Games series. It is a side scroller and Fancy Pants Man would work perfect in any platfighter with some smooth movements and his pencil. He would probably have the coolest movement in this game for sure. An overall solid pick for a guest character.

Baysha

Smash Ace
flash_541771_card.png

Sushi Cat
He's a large lad and could be really fun to play. I'd imagine his moveset would include aspects such as the powerups from Sushi Cat 2.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so, up until this point, life's been pretty hectic for me, scheduling conflicts, a power outage in my area and going to other events, but I guess all can resume from here. All of FazDude FazDude 's submission will be used at this point, and I think the Papa Louie backstory is rad and kinda creative.

Job #295: So far, we've come to the second to last DLC fighter for Bloons Blowout! It's pretty crazy as to how far we've got to at this point. For this job, you are to submit a character to become a new fighter, which character you may ask? Well.........Anyone! Yes, this is another "Any character goes" character job!, and it's just before the final, FINAL character job, which I want to make it feel EXTRA special. Just submit any Bloons Character or major Flash game character of your choice!

Discussion Point: How do you feel about Bloons Blowout development reaching this far? Do you feel anything's missing? Do you have any ideas on how to end the development on Bloons Blowout big and strong? Please let me know!

My submission: Run Alien
View attachment 369048

Previously submitted as a character by CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 . I have a ton of nostalgic memories of playing Run 2 in elementary school, and it's just a flash game series with genuine quality. The fact that she only runs makes her more of an ironic choice for a fighter
Johnny Upgrade

FireBoy and WaterGirl

I strongly envision them working like Afi and Galu in Rushdown Revolt.
Job 295:Pico (Pico's School)

View attachment 369050

Pico is the protagonist of Pico's School and former mascot of Newgrounds,he is a student that needs survive and fighting in a school shooting.

Pico's moveset would be inspired by Newgrounds Rumble.
Never contributed to this thread but I thought I would show up to support Pop and his other thread.

Fancy Pants Man (Fancy Pants Adventures)

View attachment 369054

This series of games is one of the most iconic Flash Games series. It is a side scroller and Fancy Pants Man would work perfect in any platfighter with some smooth movements and his pencil. He would probably have the coolest movement in this game for sure. An overall solid pick for a guest character.
Flash Fighter: Burrito Bison

Hailing from another upgrade-based game, Burrito Bison is a shoe-in for a fun grappler character with a lot of room for flashy moves.
View attachment 369097
Sushi Cat
He's a large lad and could be really fun to play. I'd imagine his moveset would include aspects such as the powerups from Sushi Cat 2.
Ok, so that was quick, I think I have gotten submissions from nearly every contributor to date, plus a few new ones, and I couldn't be more happy and satisfied. Anyways, please vote for your top 6 flash game characters, with the top pick to become the next fighter. Your #1 pick gets 6 points, #2 gets 5 and so on. Do not make your own submission your #1 pick please.

1. Johnny Upgrade (That game did went hard indeed, and it does make a lot of sense here)
  2. Burrito Bison (Fits with me as "Character is sort of familiar, but also sort of not familiar")
  3. Sushi Cat (Would make for fun moveset potential)
  4. FireBoy and WaterGirl (Were big fan favorites for many)
  5. Fancy Pants Man (Funny and ironic that he's playable in Newgrounds Rumble and an assist in Fraymakers)
  6. Pico

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, voting's over, let's tally up the results:

Run Alien: 6
Johnny Upgrade: 18
FireBoy and WaterGirl: 15
Pico: 11
Fancy Pants Man: 13
Burrito Bison: 14
Sushi Cat: 7

So it looks like we might have one of the best choices for a guest fighter ever for this one, because the winner is none other than Johnny Upgrade! Trust me, I think he's someone who I think has plenty of good connection to, so congrats to CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 !

Job #296: While you're at it, submit a stage for Johnny Upgrade!

Job #297: Submit ideas for Supreme Skins for Dart Monkey, Captain Churchill and Beekeeper Pro! One for each Monkey! Remember, Supreme Skins are meant to be "more epic" alts for characters, meaning they come with heavy visual changes to certain attacks and animations, but you can also put your own creative spin on them!

For now, I just have a stage and a few supreme alts

Johnny Upgrade Stage: The Land of Upgrade Coins
1678327861841.png

1678327868033.png

This stage in fact, is actually hiding a secret new game mode! The stage is one MASSIVE stage that replicates how the map exactly looked in Johnny Upgrade, with the same hazards and enemies where they were in the original, as well as the coins, which is the only way to obtain money in this stage specifically for upgrades. Also specific to this stage, all fighters have stamina-hp and a timer showing how much time they'll be able to collect coins before exploding and being respawned to their designated respawn point!, though that will not cost a stock or affect their points in timed matches. Any coins collected by any fighter is kept with them even after being KO'd in any way or form. Reducing Opponents' HP to 0 counts as a stock loss or 1 point though! This stage emphasizes on getting your max out your upgrades as soon as possible so you can get the upper hand early in battle!

Dart Monkey: Gold Skin
As a special way of saying "Thanks!" and that Dart Monkey is one of the last ones to get a supreme skin, he'll get a special golden skin that sparkles wherever he goes!

Beekeeper Pro: A Top Hat and a Bowtie
Has some robotic movements and textures, and some of his affects give off a good jump-scare! His bees also become lost soul bees too.

FazDude

Smash Master
Captain Churchill: Pizza Delivery Tank
Ayo, the pizza here. This gives the tank a nice white shine, with missiles being replaced with globs of cheese, the pineapple traps becoming exploding pizza boxes, and the tank treads being replaced with breadsticks.

(before anyone asks no this isn't a deliberate pizza tower reference; i just thought of this for some reason)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so normally, I'd end the current two jobs here, BUT, I've decided that I shall keep the current two jobs open alongside the next job, which is.........

Job #297: Submit a stage from a Flash game of your choice. Consider this time a bonus treat for those who have a knack for Flash games! That way, you can submit a Flash game stage from a Flash game franchise that didn't get the character you submitted!

My submission:
Forest Temple (FireBoy and WaterGirl)
1678397245484.png

Why not? This flash game series is very familiar. Layout-wise, it can be similar to the Green Hill zone stage from Project M.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Not sure if this counts but...

The Impossible Quiz

ImpossibleQuizz.png

This stage is similar to my Tibble Super Action Challenge stage for PBS Kids: Brawltime! but it's a stage based on one of the funniest flash games I remember playing throughout my life. There are walkoffs and the answers can be platforms for the stage. However, this stage has KOF Stadium-esque walls as well. If you get an answer wrong, you accumulate damage! When all your lives dissapear based on if the fighters get all of the questions wrong, everyone gets some damage! Fear not, you can still skip questions by attacking the arrows but use them wisely!

Any questions that are from The Impossible Quiz game that feature characters from other IPs that are not Bloons will be excluded. The questions will be from the original game themselves as a fun Easter Egg.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so normally, I'd end the current two jobs here, BUT, I've decided that I shall keep the current two jobs open alongside the next job, which is.........

Job #297: Submit a stage from a Flash game of your choice. Consider this time a bonus treat for those who have a knack for Flash games! That way, you can submit a Flash game stage from a Flash game franchise that didn't get the character you submitted!

My submission:
Forest Temple (FireBoy and WaterGirl)
View attachment 369164
Why not? This flash game series is very familiar. Layout-wise, it can be similar to the Green Hill zone stage from Project M.
Flash Stage: Candy Land Arena (Burrito Bison)

This would be a simple stage resembling Smash's Boxing Ring.
Job 297:Pico's School

Pico's School as a stage would be having the same stage layout of Newgrounds Rumble
Not sure if this counts but...

The Impossible Quiz

View attachment 369175

This stage is similar to my Tibble Super Action Challenge stage for PBS Kids: Brawltime! but it's a stage based on one of the funniest flash games I remember playing throughout my life. There are walkoffs and the answers can be platforms for the stage. However, this stage has KOF Stadium-esque walls as well. If you get an answer wrong, you accumulate damage! When all your lives dissapear based on if the fighters get all of the questions wrong, everyone gets some damage! Fear not, you can still skip questions by attacking the arrows but use them wisely!

Any questions that are from The Impossible Quiz game that feature characters from other IPs that are not Bloons will be excluded. The questions will be from the original game themselves as a fun Easter Egg.
Ok, so I know I'm late on this, because I have my reasons, but to recap, all submissions for jobs 296 and 297 will be added at this point, as for the other flash game stage, why don't you vote for your top 3 while you're at it?

Job #299: OMG, this is literally the job before the 300th job! The 300th job is going to feel VERY special, but before we get to that, submit a moveset for Johnny Upgrade! One thing to consider is: He IS the upgrade!

Side Job: Come up with ideas of a story of context to how Johnny Upgradegot into Bloons Blowout as a newcomer! If there was a reveal trailer for Johnny Upgrade or just told in some update notes and stuff, you can describe how exactly did Johnny Upgrade end up here!

My votes:
  1. Candy Land arena
  2. The Impossible Quiz
  3. Pico's School

FazDude

Smash Master
Johnny Upgrade Moveset
Johnny Upgrade's main mechanic is that he only has one upgrade tree, unlike all the other fighters. This results in a few things:
  • Johnny's upgrades are much, MUCH cheaper than your average character's.
  • Johnny's tree is very long, and you can actually complete the whole thing 100% if the match goes on long enough.
  • Johnny will retain his upgrades after getting KO'd without the need for Monkey Knowledge.
So, what's the catch? Well, at the start of each match, Johnny is kinda sorta terrible. He's slow, doesn't have a very good jump, and while his attacks are strong, you don't get any specials... which means no recovery. Yikes.

However, this is all accounted for through his upgrade tree. Alongside upgrades to his specials (as well as unlocking them to begin with), Johnny's upgrade tree also upgrades his speed, jump height, attack power, endlag, and more! You'll be a pretty powerful fighter once you get going... but that's the tricky part.

As for Johnny's actual specials (again, you'll need to unlock these)...
  • Neutral Special: Blaster
    • Johnny fires from his blaster. While the shots are pretty fast, you can only shoot a handful before the move needs to enter cooldown.
    • Upgrades increase the blaster's power and the number of shots you can make before needing to cool down.
  • Up Special: Triple Jump
    • It's just another jump. It's only a special because you need to unlock it just like the original game. Hey, at least you won't enter freefall.
    • However, upgrades increase the height of the jump, as well as give Johnny super armor during it!
  • Down Special: Cash Scrounging
    • So I lied earlier, Johnny does have one special at the start of a match. By holding Down Special, Johnny starts searching his pockets for spare change, adding whatever he finds to his cash total. However, this move has considerable start and endlag, so be cautious.
    • Upgrades slightly decrease the move's lag.
    • If you try to input Neutral or Up Special without unlocking it, Johnny will default to this special.
  • Super Move: Boss Upgrade
    • Johnny summons the boss from his game, which jumps around and fires at opponents. While you don't need upgrades to summon it, it's really weak unless you buy some upgrades first. Every upgrade in Johnny's tree boosts the boss by a little.
Votes
  1. Impossible Quiz
  2. Candy Land
  3. Forest Temple

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so I know I'm a day late on this, but today is going to be something extra, EXTRA special. Before we get to that, let's tally up the stage points:

Forest Temple: 6
Candy Land Arena: 11
Pico's School: 5
The Impossible Quiz: 8

So itl ooks like our bonus stage for Johnny Upgrade's character pack is Candy Land Arena! That stage sure has a fun layout, so congrats to FazDude FazDude !

Job #300: Well folks, we're finally here. The 300th job overall and the final, FINAL character job altogether, as well as the first job for the FINAL DLC pack for Bloons Blowout. For this one, go ahead and submit something EXTRA special. Submit a character that you feel would be a VERY SPECIAL way to end development on Bloons Blowout to make sure it all ends on a high note!

My submission:

Penguin (Club Penguin)
1678670629409.png

Previously submitted as a fighter by FazDude FazDude . Believe it or not, the reason I didn't vote for the Penguin earlier was because I was saving it for the final, final character job! Since it shares parallels to Sora, being the "special" character to end SSBU's development on a high note and is owned by Disney, why not let the Penguin in at this point? also, it's from a dead game, which makes it coming back all the more ironic. Hopefully, that could spark interest to request Disney to revive Club Penguin.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Fancy Pants Man (Fancy Pants Adventures)

image1.jpg

This series of games is one of the most iconic Flash Games series. It is a side scroller and Fancy Pants Man would work perfect in any platfighter with some smooth movements and his pencil. He would probably have the coolest movement in this game for sure. An overall solid pick for a guest character and for the final character due to the Fancy Pants series being one of the most iconic flash game series out there.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 300:Fireboy and Watergirl

fireboy-and-watergirl.png

Fireboy and Watergirl are the eponymous main characters of five Platform-Puzzle games,they are two humanoid elementals of different types,their relationship is not confirmed,some fans think they are lovers or siblings.

Fireboy and Watergirl moveset would be a mix of Ice Climbers with Pyra and Mythra,also they are an iconic flash characters.

I wanted to submit Gingerbrave from Cookie Run,but i think the Cookie Run is allowed because it's mobile game franchise

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
The other characters so far have just been from other Flash games. However, since this wasn't specified as a "flash game" job but as any character I felt would be a "very special" end to Bloons Blowout, I've decided to go for a... different approach.

Bonnet_macaque_(Macaca_radiata)_Photograph_By_Shantanu_Kuveskar.jpg

Monkey

Yep, a photorealistic monkey as the final character. I feel that another flash game character would kinda "blend in" with the other guests, so I decided to go with something unexpected instead. For the moveset, they could do things that monkeys do in real life such as eating bananas or climbing and swinging from trees. I feel this would be a really cool and funny way to call back on the whole theme of Bloons.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so I know I'm a day late on this, but today is going to be something extra, EXTRA special. Before we get to that, let's tally up the stage points:

Forest Temple: 6
Candy Land Arena: 11
Pico's School: 5
The Impossible Quiz: 8

So itl ooks like our bonus stage for Johnny Upgrade's character pack is Candy Land Arena! That stage sure has a fun layout, so congrats to FazDude FazDude !

Job #300: Well folks, we're finally here. The 300th job overall and the final, FINAL character job altogether, as well as the first job for the FINAL DLC pack for Bloons Blowout. For this one, go ahead and submit something EXTRA special. Submit a character that you feel would be a VERY SPECIAL way to end development on Bloons Blowout to make sure it all ends on a high note!

My submission:

Penguin (Club Penguin)
View attachment 369294
Previously submitted as a fighter by FazDude FazDude . Believe it or not, the reason I didn't vote for the Penguin earlier was because I was saving it for the final, final character job! Since it shares parallels to Sora, being the "special" character to end SSBU's development on a high note and is owned by Disney, why not let the Penguin in at this point? also, it's from a dead game, which makes it coming back all the more ironic. Hopefully, that could spark interest to request Disney to revive Club Penguin.
Resubmitting Fancy Pants Man (Fancy Pants Adventures)

image1.jpg

This series of games is one of the most iconic Flash Games series. It is a side scroller and Fancy Pants Man would work perfect in any platfighter with some smooth movements and his pencil. He would probably have the coolest movement in this game for sure. An overall solid pick for a guest character and for the final character due to the Fancy Pants series being one of the most iconic flash game series out there.
Job 300:Fireboy and Watergirl

View attachment 369305

Fireboy and Watergirl are the eponymous main characters of five Platform-Puzzle games,they are two humanoid elementals of different types,their relationship is not confirmed,some fans think they are lovers or siblings.

Fireboy and Watergirl moveset would be a mix of Ice Climbers with Pyra and Mythra,also they are an iconic flash characters.

I wanted to submit Gingerbrave from Cookie Run,but i think the Cookie Run is allowed because it's mobile game franchise
The other characters so far have just been from other Flash games. However, since this wasn't specified as a "flash game" job but as any character I felt would be a "very special" end to Bloons Blowout, I've decided to go for a... different approach.

View attachment 369318
Monkey

Yep, a photorealistic monkey as the final character. I feel that another flash game character would kinda "blend in" with the other guests, so I decided to go with something unexpected instead. For the moveset, they could do things that monkeys do in real life such as eating bananas or climbing and swinging from trees. I feel this would be a really cool and funny way to call back on the whole theme of Bloons.
Alright, even though there's not that many submissions this time, especially for the last character jobs, I actually like a lot of those submissions! I guess it's time to vote now. Vote for your top 3 characters without putting your own submission as your #1 pick, and the one with the most votes gets to be the LAST AND VERY SPECIAL DLC FIGHTER!!!

1. Monkey
  2. Penguin
  3. Fireboy and Watergirl

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, I might as well close off the voting right now, here are the FINAL results:

Penguin: 8
Fancy Pants Man: 6
Fireboy and Watergirl: 4
Monkey: 6

It was a close victory, but it looks like our final, FINAL, very SPECIAL last DLC fighter is PENGUIN from Club Penguin! Trust me, it must be so delightful getting a character from a flash game that made a dozen million people's childhoods, so congrats to me and technically FazDude FazDude ! Sure, legal stuff and Disney handling its dead properties might be very strong hurdles, but who cares here? It can happen anyway!

Job #301: Submit a stage for Penguin as well as the music tracks to go with it! Since Club Penguin has tons of iconic locations and music tracks, try to go your all in with it!

Job #302: Submit ideas for Club Penguin-themed Supreme Skins for............well, ANY 3 monkeys of your choice! One for each Monkey! Remember, Supreme Skins are meant to be "more epic" alts for characters, meaning they come with heavy visual changes to certain attacks and animations, but you can also put your own creative spin on them! Also, as a SPECIAL bonus, I may consider that ALL Club Penguin-themed Supreme Skins will make it in regardless of how many submissions there are!

I'll submit something to both jobs later!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Stage: Club Penguin

That's right, the whole island! This is a scrolling stage with five key points - The Lighthouse, the Town, the Snow Forts, the Plaza, and the Cove. After you reach the Cove, the scrolling reverses, taking you back to the Lighthouse through the way you came. The process repeats for the entire match.

As for the music, I decided to go all-out here, given how this is our final DLC fighter and all. Twelve tracks, designed to cover as much of Club Penguin history as possible!
  1. Town
  2. April Fool's
  3. Bean Counters
  4. Ice Fishing
  5. Battle of Doom
  6. Puffle Ragtime
  7. Card-Jitsu (medley of the games' main themes)
  8. The Party Starts Now
  9. Cart Surfer (New Remix)
  10. Pizzatron 3000 (New Remix)
  11. Thin Ice (New Remix)
  12. Gadget Room (New Remix)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so since nobody submitted any Club Penguin themed-Supreme Skins yet, I might as well submit what I have as well as leave the current two jobs open until the next evening so that anyone who got the idea of Club Penguin themed-Supreme Skins can have time to submit theirs

Gwendolin: Cadence skin
1678929350017.png

Colors Gwendolin pink and gives her Cadence's hair and clothes. Various attacks of hers have music effects and for her taunts, she busts some sick dance moves!

Bomb Shooter: Puffle Launch Cannon
1678929437804.png
1678929463852.png

Just a fun idea I had. Shoots Puffles, of coarse! For Cluster Bombs, Heavy Bombs and MOAB Maulers.....well.......I really don't know! If anyone has any ideas, feel free to let me know!

Beekeeper Pro: Herbert with Klutzy on top of a mini-crab spawner
1678929623098.png

Gives Beekeeper Pro white fur, familiar-eyebrows and a mini-crab spawner with Klutzy on top of it! The mini-crabs replace the bees, of course.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so just for the sake of this being the last and most special DLC moment for Bloons, I'm gonna keep Job 302 open for another day, while FazDude FazDude 's submissions for Job #301 will make it in, since I like it a lot.

Job #303: At last, we've reached (potentially) the final, FINAL job of this thread! In that case, it also all ended on a pretty funny number as well! For the FINAL job, Submit a moveset for Penguin!

Side Job: Come up with ideas of a story of context to how Penguin got into Bloons Blowout as a newcomer! If there was a reveal trailer for Penguin or just told in some update notes and stuff, you can describe how exactly did Penguin end up here! Bear in mind that Penguin is a Disney character, so by looking at another particular final DLC character, maybe the inspiration will come to light for you.......

FazDude

Smash Master
Penguin Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Snowball
    • I mean, it's a Club Penguin moveset. You gotta have this somewhere. Anyway, the Penguin throws a snowball. It can be angled and deals light damage and knockback.
    • Upgrades increase the snowball's range and damage, as well as the final upgrade doubling its size.
  • Up Special: Jet Pack
    • This is a move similar to R.O.B.'s Up Special; You can fly freely, but have to put up with limited fuel which refills while you aren't using the move.
    • Upgrades increase your fuel efficiency.
  • Down Special: Card-Jitsu
    • This special cycles between three attacks, kinda like Sora's Neutral Special. Fire has Penguin spew out a stream of fire from a hot sauce bottle ala Bowser, Water creates a wave to push opponents away like FLUDD, and Snow creates a freezing blizzard like the Ice Climbers.
    • Upgrades increase the range and power of these attacks.
  • Super Move: Igloo Party
    • A horde of partying Penguins invades the stage! These CPU allies have access to all of Penguin's moves, but are considerably lighter and despawn automatically after some time.
Ninja Monkey Skin: Monkey King

Not one of Club Penguin's most iconic characters, but I feel it's fitting to have a costume which is actually a monkey. For this costume, Ninja Monkey swaps their shirukens out for little bamboo sticks.

Alchemist Costume: Gary the Gadget Monkey

Now here's someone you may recognize! The Alchemist gains Gary's goggles and lab coat.

Patch Costume: Tour Guide

Just a hat. 'Tis all.

Trailer
The trailer opens with the aftermath of the Bloons Blowout tournament. The monkeys are helping clean up, Professor Evil has fled, Papa Louie is catering, it's a happy ending for everyone! Suddenly, a Bloon flies in, carrying a postcard. After the Bloon is popped, a Dart Monkey picks it up, with several other playable characters peering over ther shoulder to see what it is...

The scene then transitions to the monkeys sailing over to Club Penguin Island aboard Captain Cassie's ship, where a big welcoming party is being held at the Lighthouse. This is followed by gameplay footage featuring the Club Penguin stage, but no newcomer seems to be there... that is, until Dart Monkey is hit by a friendly snowball by the Penguin!

Penguin Waddles On!

Gameplay footage is then shown of Penguin both on Club Penguin and stages from the base game. The trailer ends with a return to CGI with the Penguin and Dart Monkey shaking hands, joined by monkey and penguin alike - Hell, it seems even Herbert himself has snuck into the celebration as a small cameo!

(Also, everything post-postcard is played over I've Been Delayed, a song I really should have put on the Club Penguin stage.)
----
Since this is the end of the thread, I'd like to say how fun it's been. Even if there have been some days where it fell to the wayside for me, I had a blast working on it. Congrats on a successful first creation thread, PCC!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so it looks like we've officially hit the end of the road for Bloons Blowout development. That means the DLC has all wrapped up and there will be no more updates to the game from here. TBH, it's honestly quite sad I'm going to be leaving this thread, but I'm also kind of relived to be leaving, as this whole thing started as a passionate thought that was fun for a while until it basically became a chore, but nevertheless, I still had a lot of fun with this thread, it's just that I have other important commitments I want to dedicate myself to in my life currently. As FazDude FazDude said, this is my first successful creates thread here on Smashboards, since I didn't abandon it halfway through, and I feel lucky that that was the case, I vowed to stick with it till the very end from the beginning. I didn't really have anything necessarily BIG to end this whole thread, as it wasn't a top priority for me nowadays, but here are the final stats for Bloons Blowout:

43 fighters, 30 base, 13 DLC
20 Assists
54 stages, 40 base, 14 DLC
18 items
45 Bloons to encounter
9 Boss Bloons
9 game modes, 7 base, 2 DLC
50 event matches

39 Ninja Kiwi Arcade games

Those are all the things that got added to the thread via contributions by other kind users here over the coarse of nearly 11 months, with a full list of the contributers below, BIG thanks to them!:

FazDude FazDude
Baysha Baysha
CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23
IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Again, BIG shoutouts to those users who helped make Bloons Blowout as well as this thread possible!

Final Thread Prompt: To all the contributors to this thread, as a way of saying "Thanks!" and (a tearful) "Goodbye!" to this wonderful thread, why not post your most sincere salutes as your final message to this thread? Let us all make the Bloons Blowout development end with such a touching moment before I close this thread to mark that it has concluded!

FazDude

Smash Master
I kinda said everything I wanted to say in my last post, but I did really have fun with the thread. It was fun working with moveset designs outside of the usual Smash scope, and the thread really felt grounded, yet enjoyable. Big congratulations to everyone for seeing this thread through to the end!

As a parting gift, have a list of Penguin alts since I'm kinda sad that we didn't get a job for those.
  • EPF Agent
  • Ninja
  • Pizza Chef
See ya, space cowboy...

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
So..........I guess I must declare that this thread has come to its official end. Since there is no way for me to lock this thread so that no more replies can be made on it, I might as well leave this thread open for any contributors of this thread to post their salutes or maybe for others to post any lingering questions they have about Bloons Blowout. Again, I wouldl ike to give a BIG thanks to all the contributers who made this very thread possible! Until then, Keep On Poppin'!

BloonsBlowout_copy_2_42.png

Top Bottom