• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Bloons Blowout (Bloons franchise platform fighter): DEVELOPMENT OFFICIALLY COMPLETE, PLEASE NO MORE REPLIES UNLESS NECESSARY

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, now it's time to go to the light of this!

Job #264: Design a moveset for Adora well as come up with its alt costumes! I bet that her sun-powered attacks might inspire others to come up with some innovative moves or gimmick for her, but I'm leaving all the heat to you guys!

Side Job:
Come up with ideas of a story of context to how Adora got into Bloons Blowout as a newcomer! If there was a reveal trailer for Adora or just told in some update notes and stuff, you can describe how exactly did Adora end up here!

FazDude

Smash Master
Lemme whip up a moveset real quick...

Adora is a floaty character with a lot of power, but a surprising lack of weight.
  • Neutral Special: Divine Bolt
    • Adora charges up before firing a bolt of solar energy forwards, which has slight homing properties. This move can be charged to increase the sphere's size and power, with a full charge being able to be stored for future use.
    • Upgrades increase the speed and charging time of the projectile, as well as making the homing effect more accurate.
  • Up Special: Solar Rush
    • Adora rushes forwards in one of eight directions, covered in solar energy. It's pretty much Fire Fox from Smash.
    • Upgrades increase the damage and range of Solar Rush.
  • Down Special: Ball of Light
    • Adora generates a ball of light in front of herself. This orb powers up Adora's attacks while she's standing near it, but it can also be launched by hitting it with a strong attack, acting as a powerful projectile perfect for stage control!
    • Upgrades increase the size and power of the orb.
  • Super Move: Embrace the Sun
    • Adora raises her arms to the sky, calling down rays of light to strike down from above and heavily damage opponents hit by them.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I put up the alts thing because I was hoping somebody might have some creative ideas for alts for her, but her alts are totally obvious in this case
1668994399464.png
1668994411534.png
1668994454187.png

BTW, the DLC section is up on the main post now in case if anyone's wondering

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, as much as I would love to move on to the Popper's Pass, Pack 4......

Job #265: I realized that we forgot to come up with alts for Patch, Professor Evil and Pontoon Pro! Yikes! Why don't you come up with some fun alts for them now?

I will also leave the Adora story side job open until someone submits something, I probably will later.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, now that we have the missing alts covered, we can move on now

Job #265: The theme for Pack 4 is going to be a bit unorthodox! Submit a monkey that has not appeared in the main gameplay of the Bloons games! This includes monkeys that have only appeared in menus, tutorials, shops, or as area decoration! The King Monkey is a good example for this, but since it's already an assist in the base game, it's sadly out for the job, but hopefully you can come up with some exciting submissions!

My submission:
Busker Monkey (Bloons Monkey City Mobile)
1669161158476.png

Guitar Monke Strums a Beat!

As it only ever appears as decoration for BMC Mobile, this is a monkey I would like to see expanded upon!

FazDude

Smash Master
So we have a really interesting roster, full of iconic Bloons characters and a few not-so-iconic ones. One question remains, though... Can they beat Goku?

This is the Goku Monkey, hailing from Bloons Monkey City - However, this is a fan-given name, and no official name exists for it. For copyright reasons, we'll be calling it "Fighter Monkey". I'd imagine the Fighter Monkey as either a basic shotoclone or a rushdown, DBZ-inspired fighter with a transformation gimmick. Either way, it'd be a great addition to the roster!

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
btd5.png

The Monkey That Was Eating A Banana And Then Some Volcano-Looking Stuff Happened And Then The Bloons TD5 Logo Appeared

Look man I was struggling. Either one of the other subs should get in instead of this one.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Wooo-WEE! We sure had a lot of awesome submissions! So I guess it's time to vote! Your number one pick gets 2 points and your number 2 pick gets 1 point, don't put your own submission as #1 pick as usual. Also, from now and the entirety of tomorrow is voting time, there will be no new jobs for tomorrow as I have to volunteer as a local turkey sanctuary for a day, in other words, Happy Thanksgiving!

1. Goku/Fighter Monkey (I DID NOT know the existence of this monkey until now, so getting something I didn't know about until now in is something I feel like we need at this point)
  2. The Monkey That Was Eating A Banana And Then Some Volcano-Looking Stuff Happened And Then The Bloons TD5 Logo Appeared (So Funny and Unexpected)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Boy, I sure am a day late on this, but tallying up the results.....

1. Fighter Monkey: 5
  2. Busker Monkey: 3
  3. The Monkey That Was Eating A Banana And Then Some Volcano-Looking Stuff Happened And Then The Bloons TD5 Logo Appeared: 1
It looks like we actually have the Fighter Monkey as our 4th paid DLC fighter! Seriously, I was NOT aware of this monkey up until I saw it here, so getting a character to which I didn't know the existence of into Bloons: Blowout is something I feel like we kinda needed at this point, since many platform fighters tend to introduce very unknown and obscure fighters to surprise the many people who never heard about them, so big special thanks to congrats to FazDude FazDude !

Job #267: Submit a stage for Fighter Monkey! Drawing from Fighter Monkey's whole theme around fighting games and powering-up through supernatural means, hopefully, that'll provide some inspiration! Describe the stage's layout, gimmicks and hazards!

Job #268: Submit ideas for Supreme Skins for Cave Monkey, Super Monkey and Spike Factory! One for each Monkey! Remember, Supreme Skins are meant to be "more epic" alts for characters, meaning they come with heavy visual changes to certain attacks and animations, but you can also put your own creative spin on them!

While I don't have a stage at the moment, I have some supreme skins!

Spike Factory: Mini Volcano
1669483622098.png

Turns Spike Factor into a miniature volcano! Whenever it moves, it leaves a trail of volcanic smoke as it goes. Spikes are replaced with lava pools (Don't ask when it comes to they can't pop Lead Bloons, it's just a cosmetic change), White Hot Spikes become darker red lava pools, Spiked Balls and Mines become glowing lave rocks, Super Mines become darker red glowing lava rocks, and Perma-Spike upgrades become A'a Lava. When it taunts, it does a mini-lava eruption!

Super Monkey: Strange Cloak
Inspired by and based off a certain Strange hero in the Marvel universe! Donning a blue leotard and a large red vampire cape, its dart attacks become glowing orange-yellow sharp projectiles, its laser vision becomes orange-yellow energy discs, and as the sun god.........well....It's kinda unexplainable......but it can also pop out of a glowing portal as its entrance to the battle!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Fighter Monkey Stage: Balance (Bloons TD 6)

This would be a very basic stage - No hazards or complicated layouts.

Cave Monkey Skin: Skeleton Monkey
This skin turns the Cave Monkey into a proper fossil, replacing his club with a giant bone and the vine tether with a bunch of bones tied together with string. I'd imagine it'd have alternate animations rather than attack effects. Its taunt could be it bouncing its head like a basketball, while its loss animation would have the skeleton break away like a Dry Bones.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, we sure had some amazing submissions for the previous two jobs, but anyways onward!

Job #269: Design a moveset for Fighter Monkey well as come up with its alt costumes! I recall Fazdude saying that the fighter monkey can work as either a basic shotoclone or a rushdown, DBZ-inspired fighter with a transformation gimmick, but see what creative movesets you can come up for it!

Side Job: Come up with ideas of a story of context to how Fighter Monkey got into Bloons Blowout as a newcomer! If there was a reveal trailer for Fighter Monkey or just told in some update notes and stuff, you can describe how exactly did Fighter Monkey end up here!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Fighter Monkey Moveset
I decided to go with a mixture of my two ideas for Fighter Monkey - He's among the game's lightest fighters, but is very quick and pretty powerful, with his primary gimmick boosting his strength even more.
  • Neutral Special: Ki Blast / Monkepoppeha
    • If the special button is tapped, the Fighter Monkey sends out a ki blast which is signifigantly faster than your average Hadoken. However, it barely deals any knockback.
    • If the special button is held, the Fighter Monkey charges up for a few seconds before releasing a powerful ki laser beam forwards, dealing multiple hits of damage and strong knockback.
    • Upgrades to this move increase the strength of both attacks and shorten the charging time of the Monkepoppeha.
  • Up Special: Banana Rush
    • The Fighter Monkey takes off very quickly, lunging in one of eight directions. Despite this move's powerful hitbox during the Fighter Monkey's flight, its range leaves something to be desired.
    • Upgrades to this move increase the range and power.
  • Down Special: Power Up!
    • This move has two different forms.
      • If the Fighter Monkey is below 100%, it will power up to "Super Saiyan I" status (only using this name to make the comparisons easier, it would be called something else in-game). In this status, it is stronger and faster than normal, but constantly takes chip damage and becomes a little harder to control due to the Fighter Monkey's newfound momentum. This can be cancelled out of by inputting the Down Special again, but will end automatically if the Fighter Monkey exceeds 100% while Super Saiyan.
      • If the Fighter Monkey is at 100% or higher, it will power up to "Super Saiyan II" (again, just using the name for comparison). Ultra Instinct is much stronger and faster than Super Saiyan I, but has two major downsides - The Fighter Monkey actually becomes lighter, and you can't cancel out of the state until you lose a stock. This is an all-or-nothing attack!
    • Upgrades increase the strength of both forms and lessen their downsides (Super Saiyan I's chip damage rate slows down, while Super Saiyan II is a bit heavier).
  • Super Move: "Ultra Instinct"
    • The Fighter Monkey enters a super powerful form for a short time, gaining the perks of Super Saiyan II (plus some extra power) without any of the downsides (no chip damage or weight reduction).
Fighter Monkey Alts
  • White gi with black belt and red gloves (resembling Ryu)
  • Goku-esque outfit
  • Vegeta-esque armor
Fighter Monkey Backstory
Unbeknownst to many monkeys, the Fighter Monkey was once a simple Dart Monkey fighting alongside his fellow monkeys against the Bloons. After he let a MOAB leak, though, the monkey isolated himself from the rest of monkeykind, vowing to never return until he could become strong enough to make sure no similar leaks could happen again. Training himself in martial arts and ki manipulation, he finally returns to the Monkey Kingdom, ready to atone for his past mistakes and fight along a new generation of monkeys!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so I am WAY overdue on this next job, sorry about that folks, but here is the next!

Job #270: We've now reached the end of the first Popper's Pass, go ahead and submit any tower or agent you'd like to be the fighter of the final pack of the Popper's Pass, Vol. 1! If you really want to make the last fighter of the first Popper's Pass, submit your idea for a special fighter to end the first one!

My submission:
Glue Gunner
1669863637113.png

As it's one of the only towers not currently in yet, why not introduce it now? Plus, I have a fun story in mind for this guy.

There's also historically been no plat-fighter fighter that uses glue as their main weapon, so let this be truly set as a first!

FazDude

Smash Master
i am once again asking for [Mad Snowman]
Let me just say I am all for Boomerang Monkey being our first DLC pick; Honestly, their exclusion from the base roster baffles me. That said, I don't wanna abstain from jobs two days in a row, so...

DLC Fighter: Mad Snowman (Bloons TD 5)

This would be more thematically appropiate around the holidays, but whatever. I imagine Mad Snowman as a large tank character, having a lot of weight and projectiles to use.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, I'm way past overdue on this, BUT now it's time to vote, which you can do so here!

While you're voting....

Job #271: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for Boomerang Monkey!

Job #272: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for Pontoon Pro!

FazDude

Smash Master
Boomerang Monkey Knowledge
  • Tier 1
    • Sharpened Rangs: Boomerang attacks deal extra damage.
    • Faster Throwing: The endlag on Neutral and Down Special is decreased.
    • Deceptive Drop: The dropkick part of Up Special deals extra damage.
    • Big Boomerang: The Kylie Boomerang is larger, but slower.
  • Tier 2
    • Red Hot Rangs: Boomerang Monkey can pop lead Bloons.
    • Long-Rang'd Grab: Neutral Special can grab items and bring them back to Boomerang Monkey.
    • Smoother Sailing: Neutral Special is more accurate.
  • Tier 3
    • MOAB Domination: Boomerang Monkey deals extra damage to Big Bloons.
    • MOAB Press: The Kylie Boomerang pushes Big Bloons back even further.
  • Tier 4
    • 'Rang Around the Rosie - Boomerang Monkey has a passive boomerang slowly spinning around it which deals small flinching damage.
Pontoon Pro Knowledge
  • Tier 1
    • Rough Ride: Pontoon Pro's cargo throws become stronger.
    • Bumpy Bumpers: Pontoon Pro's jumps become higher.
    • Floaty Float: Pontoon Pro's fall speed is decreased.
    • No Returns: Pontoon Pro can no longer throw projectiles grabbed with Neutral Special, but heals a small amount from them.
  • Tier 2
    • Rejecting Tide: Down Special now reflects projectiles during the start-up animation.
    • Boiling Geyser: Up Special deals extra damage.
    • Insistent Grab: Pontoon Pro slides forward while using Neutral Special, giving it a little extra range.
  • Tier 3
    • Natural Geyser: If used on the ground, Up Special lingers for a few seconds, allowing for extra damage.
    • Well, What Else Would It Do?: Pontoon Pro cannot drown.
  • Tier 4
    • Lightweight Craft: Pontoon Pro can use its Up and Down pecials while cargo carrying an opponent.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, it looks like we have our clear winner for the final Popper's Pass, Vol. 1 pack, being none other than the Mad Snowman! I think the Mad Snowman has such a unique design compared to the rest of the fighters and it can even have a very unique and creative moveset, so congrats to FazDude FazDude !

Job #273: Submit a stage for Mad Snowman! Obviously, any snow-themed track will work perfectly for it, but maybe you can submit a HOT stage just for the irony?!?! That would be rad!

Job #274: Submit ideas for Supreme Skins for Geraldo, Sniper Monkey and Alchemist! One for each Monkey! Remember, Supreme Skins are meant to be "more epic" alts for characters, meaning they come with heavy visual changes to certain attacks and animations, but you can also put your own creative spin on them!

I just have a stage at the moment:
Winter Park
1670116997180.png

Just in time for the holidays! Also, fountain.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I really can't think of a more fitting stage for Winter Park, but I do have one idea for alts...

Alchemist Alt: Living Formula
This alt transforms the Alchemist into a living, monkey-shaped mass of its own potions - Think Chaos from Sonic Adventure, but purple and a monke. Its attacks gain bubble effects.

Baysha

Smash Ace
52dad2b2-fusion-backpack-robot-arms-yamen-saraiji-2.jpg

Cyberpunk Geraldo
Gains some cybernetic implants on his face and ditches the backpack for a bunch of robot arms that hold his items like in the picture above.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I might as well end the current jobs tomorrow morning, but here is mine for Sniper Monkey

The Stage Chap

1670195839478.png

Gives Sniper Monkey a fancy suit, top hat, stylish shoes and a cane for its sniper. Taunts and victory animations are all replaced with tap dances and various on-stage performances that all mimic those performances you see from people like those.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, I know I said I would end the jobs this morning, so I apologize for being kind of late today. Nevertheless, time to move on!

Job #275: Design a moveset for Mad Snowman well as come up with its alt costumes!

Side Job:
Come up with ideas of a story of context to how Mad Snowman got into Bloons Blowout as a newcomer! If there was a reveal trailer for Adora or just told in some update notes and stuff, you can describe how exactly did Mad Snowman end up here!

I just have a story at the moment:

As the battle between the towers, agents and heroes and Professor Evil's army keeps going on, we see Fighter Monkey and Adora take on the action as they seem to be worthy fighters in the scene (It's not explained how Adora got there in the first place, she's there for some reason but maybe she had to train with her sun powers first). Just as Fighter Monkey and Professor Evil were about to make that final blow, there was a snowball that came out of nowhere and it froze Professor Evil in place! All the others look confused as a Snowman comes in and chucks snowballs at all the Bloons, freezing them in place before standing on top of a pile of iced-up Bloons and Professor Evil in a block of ice in a victory pose while the others admire it for its bravery.

FazDude

Smash Master
Mad Snowman Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Snowball
    • The Mad Snowman chucks a snowball forward. Holding down the special button alters the trajectory of the shot, allowing it to be thrown at different angles.
    • Upgrades increase the snowball's damage and allows it to potentially freeze opponents.
  • Up Special: Snowfall
    • The Mad Snowman leaps into the air before crashing back down to the ground, similarly to King Dedede's Up Special.
    • Upgrades increase the height of the Mad Snowman's jump and cause it to create shockwaves upon landing.
  • Down Special: Carrocket
    • The Mad Snowman uses his carrot nose as a makeshift rocket, firing it forward as it increases in size. The rocket is rather slow, but if it hits ya, it's gonna hurt! However, it does have a considerable cooldown between uses, so it shouldn't be used willy-nilly. Maybe you should try freezing an opponent before using it - synergy at its finest!
    • Upgrades increase the rocket's speed and reduce its cooldown.
  • Super Move: Avalanche
    • Snowballs and icicles begin raining down from the top of the stage - Snowballs are the most common projectile and deal considerable damage and knockback, but icicles freeze opponents upon touch.
Alts

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I actually did have one alt idea for Mad Snowman, and here it is
1670295724142.png

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, I am sooooo......late on this, but frankly, I was way more busy than I had thought today, but here we are

Job #276: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for Adora!

Job #277: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for Fighter Monkey!

Discussion point: Ok......so before we move on to the Popper's Pass Vol. 2, tell me, how are you liking all the DLC so far? Do you feel like anything's missing? If there's something you would like to see get added, please let me know!

FazDude

Smash Master
Sorry for being late - I've been dealing with some other stuff, and this thread kinda fell to the wayside for a bit. I'll submit Fighter Monkey's Knowledge for now - Maybe I'll do Adora's later.
  • Tier 1
    • We Got The Power; Fighter Monkey has more attack power.
    • Destructo Dart: Ki Blast deals more damage and knockback.
    • MPH? Over 9000!: Fighter Monkey is faster.
    • Can We Get Much Higher?: Fighter Monkey's Up Special has more range.
  • Tier 2
    • Ally To Good, Nightmare To You: Fighter Monkey deals more damage to Big Bloons.
    • Lend Me Your Energy!: Fighter Monkey becomes stronger when an Assist is on-screen.
    • Rapid Monkepoppeha: Monkepoppeha takes less time to charge.
  • Tier 3
    • A Real Challenge: Fighter Monkey's attack power scales as they take damage, caping out once it reaches 100%.
    • Back With A Vengance: Upon being KO'd, Fighter Monkey enters its first super form for a few seconds (minus the self-damage).
  • Tier 4
    • This Isn't Even My Final Form!: The downsides of Fighter Monkey's super forms are removed.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Mmmm, ah well, I kinda guess all of this slipped off my radar a bit for today, but I suppose it's time to move on to the Popper's Pass, Vol. 2!

Job #278: For the fighter of the first pack of the Popper's Pass Vol. 2, this one I want to make it pretty special. For this one, you can submit a character from ANY non-Bloons Ninja Kiwi game! That way, we can increase the amount of diversity for a plat-fighter that's settled on one core theme for the right reasons! Otherwise, if there's none you know well of, you can just submit another tower or agent!

My submission:
Angel (Guns & Angel)
1670637912764.png

Just a Ninja Kiwi character with a cool design and from a relatively obscure one at that.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright submissions ended, time to vote! Vote for two please, number one gets 2 points, and number two gets one point. Also, do not make your own submission number one.

1. Assaulter (Believe me, SAS TOTALLY fits the Bloons aesthetic, really)
  2. Boombot (Played the heck out of Boombot in elementary school, so this will be nostalgic to me)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, it looks like nobody else has voted for anyone up until this point, but this is where I'll be on a two week vacation starting the next day. If anything, you can vote for your top two while I'm away just so I don't have to deal with the whole "no user can post more than 3 times" sort of policy. But until then:

:xtree: :xtree: Merry Christmas!:xtree: :xtree:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
wipes off snow off the thread

Ah, well, I guess activity on this thread can resume the next day I guess.......I'm back

Also, It looks like the Assaulter is going to be our first fighter of the Popper's Pass, Vol 2, so congrats to FazDude FazDude !

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Hey, sorry if I'm late on this one, but......another year bites the dust (Yes, that's all I have to say for this year, I'm just very unoptimistic), but I figured we should let this thread continue starting today!

Job #279: Submit a stage for the Assaulter! Describe the stage's layout, gimmicks and hazards!

Job #280: Submit ideas for Supreme Skins for Striker Jones, Quincy and Engineer Monkey! One for each Monkey! Remember, Supreme Skins are meant to be "more epic" alts for characters, meaning they come with heavy visual changes to certain attacks and animations, but you can also put your own creative spin on them!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Ay, glad to see the thread back. Don't really have any ideas for a stage, but...
  • Striker Jones Skin: Mercenary Jones
    • This alt puts a helmet over Jones' head and gives him a red outfit, making him resemble the Solider from TF2. A nice tribute to Rick May.
  • Quincy Skin: Legendary Quincy
    • This costume puts Quincy in a green tunic and hat, making him resemble a legendary Nintendo hero... It also gives his arrows light effects, and other attacks generic magic effects.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, I do have a stage and supreme alt for the Engineer Monkey

Epsilon
1672789146186.png

A fun parody of Saturn, and shares its name with a symbol associated with characters in Smash Bros Ultimate who have similar playstyles to others. Its layout can take place in the caves of the planet, where the layout can be similar to Brinstar.

Engineer Monkey skin: Texan Engineer
Gives Engineer Monkey some familiar goggles, a red shirt, black overalls and boots and a single yellow glove to look like someone whom they share plenty of similarities to each other

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, sorry that I'm late on this, but this is frankly because for this year, I'm trying to focus my time on other commitments, and this just isn't a top priority for me as it used to be, but I still want this all to end strong. Anyways, on to the next job!

Job #281: Design a moveset for the Assaulter well as come up with its alt costumes!

Side Job: Come up with ideas of a story of context to how the Assaulter got into Bloons Blowout as a newcomer! If there was a reveal trailer for the Assaulter or just told in some update notes and stuff, you can describe how exactly did the Assaulter end up here!

Last edited:
Top Bottom