• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Bloons Blowout (Bloons franchise platform fighter): DEVELOPMENT OFFICIALLY COMPLETE, PLEASE NO MORE REPLIES UNLESS NECESSARY

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
I really like... pretty much everything PCC submitted. As for the DLC, the general plan looks fine, but I'd also like it if we had jobs for free post-launch content alongside paid DLC.
Oh, yeah

Pretty much oversaw that when thinking of DLC plans, I have 4 free post launch content in mind

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, this job is going to be a pretty special one, because we're finally here

Job #250: As we finally enter DLC territory, it's time to pick our first post-launch content! We shall start with the free post-launch content first! This will represent the first update of two! Please submit a new character to get added to the roster AND a new stage too! For this one, I'll let everyone go freestyle a bit, since I don't have a clear theme in mind for them.

My submissions:

Character: Monkey Farmer
1667093932420.png

Previously submitted as a newcomer by FazDude FazDude . I think this fighter would be a great choice for a post-launch fighter, due to his joke nature when it comes to fighting. It is a usual trope in platform fighters nowadays to include a joke character as the final character at launch or as the first free post-launch character.

Stage: Tower of Heaven
1659651120663.png

So far, it was in Super Smash Land, Rivals of Aether, Smash Remix, and Project M EX Remix, so I felt that this stage can literally fit into ANY platform fighter at this point, given it's been in several non-Smash Bros platform fighters already. If Pixar has A113 and Pokémon movies have this mother and daughter, then platform fighters have Tower of Heaven. It would even come with a Bloons TD style remix of Luna Ascension.

Otherwise, the same rules and gimmicks for the stage apply here in Bloons Blowout.

There can, however, be a new rule specific to Bloons Blowout being "Thou Shall Not Touch Bloons", meaning Bloons cannot be physically contacted with, but can still be popped with projectiles.

FazDude

Smash Master
Free DLC #1: Patch (resubmission)
Secret Fighter 2: Patch (Bloons TD 6)

Patch is responsible for providing players with patch notes for Bloons TD 6 updates, as well as helping out in the tutorial of Bloons Pop. As a fighter... Okay, you'll have to hear me out on this one. Seeing as she's the one who notifies players of buffs, nerfs, and things of the like, she could be a Deadpool-style fighter who manipulates the game to her advantage - Buffing herself, nerfing her opponents, etc. It'd really set her apart from all the other fighters.
I actually REALLY like the idea of Tower of Heaven appearing in the game (even if it does go against my "Ninja Kiwi only" vision I had up until now), so I'll abstain from the stage job.

Baysha

Smash Ace
mzl.dmuhfrka.png

Bloons TD Battler

The helmeted guy from Bloons TD Battles is back! His moveset could consist of summoning other monkey towers to aid him. But that's not all that Battles was about... yep, he also uses Bloons in his moveset! I think that we've done a great job representing the characters of Bloons, but with BTD Battler, we can also represent the gameplay of Bloons TD with a cunning strategist playstyle.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, with the previous job over, let the voting commence! As I'm the only one who submitted a stage, mine will get in! As always, vote for your top two without putting your own submission in first.

1. Patch (I had always envisioned her as the FINAL DLC character for Bloons Blowout, so having her as the first would be so ironic to me)
  2. Bloons TD Battler (I like Baysha Baysha 's idea of him using Bloons as part of his moveset, would open the potential for some really creative movesets)

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, voting's over, and despite the Battler and Patch recieving the same amount of votes, I have used RNG to declare Patch as our FIRST DLC CHARACTER! What makes this even more ironic is that I envisioned Patch as the Final DLC character for Bloons Blowout, but now she's the first, it's just so..........hilarious, so congrats to FazDude FazDude ! While I too loved the vision for the Battler submitted by Baysha Baysha , I do have another character in mind that hasa near-identical vision to that character, don't worry.

Job #251: Submit and design a moveset for Patch! I think Fazdude had envisioned a fourth-wall breaking gimmick for her where she can buff and nerf other fighters, but since she is the one who tracks the update notes, use that to your creative advantage!

Side Job: Write and submit a story of context to how Patch got into Bloons Blowout as a newcomer! If there was a reveal trailer for Patch or just told in some update notes and stuff, you can describe how exactly did Patch end up here!

I don't have a moveset at the moment, but I have some context on how she got in:

The story so far: All of the current fighters of Bloons Blowout were highly awaiting some new friends to come to join the fray with them via the Popper's Pass as announced by Patch herself. However, when the time came for the first Popper's Pass character to join, Patch laments that they weren't ready by then, thus there was no one at the moment to join the fray. Not wanting to keep the fighters waiting any longer, she soon had the idea to join to fray herself! She could secretly use buffs and nerfs to her advantage if she were to be a fighter! It seemed like the perfect idea! And therefore.........

Patch updates you with her status as a fighter!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Patch Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Patch's Notes
    • Patch throws a sticky note forwards. While a very weak projectile, dealing very low damage and no hitstun/knockback, it does have a chance to afflict its target with a debuff of some kind; A reduction in cash, an attack/mobility nerf, temporarily locking the fighter out of their specials, etc.
    • Upgrades increase the chance of Patch's Notes dealing debuffs, as well as the strength of the notes themselves.
  • Up Special: Buff Jump
    • Patch simply performs a high jump into the air, with a red arrow appearing behind her as she does. She can also perform a stomp downwards, indicated by an arrow pointing down. Think of it as a weaker, yet higher-reaching version of the Super Dedede Jump.
    • Upgrades increase the height of the jump, as well as giving Patch a hitbox during it.
  • Down Special: Self-Buff
    • A HUD appears around Patch, allowing her to buff one of her attributes; Speed, weight, attack, or cash input. This works similarly to Shulk's Monado Arts; Only one buff can be active at a time, and there is a cooldown between each one.
    • Upgrades increase the strength of the buffs and reduces their cooldown.
  • Super Move: Nerf Season
    • Rather than directly attacking her opponents, Patch nerfs every fighter on the screen, limiting their mobility, attack power, and launch resistance. In addition, they will be unable to upgrade their moves while nerfed.
Patch Story
While hanging around with Ninja Kiwi, Patch got her hands on an ancient scroll held by the bird, which granted her near-total control over the entire Bloons universe. Rather than using this for anything useful, Patch decides to join the fray to compete alongside her friends!

In other words, Patch becomes a goddess.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Neutral Special: Patch Notes - Patch scribbles in her clipboard. This action can be canceled at any time. When she stops, her clipboard will begin to glow and she will be able to throw it as a projectile. The clipboard doesn't do any damage, but the effects are where the real meat of the move lies. The projectile will either be a buff or a nerf. If it's a buff, then a randomly selected stat of the receiver's will be increased for 14 seconds and vice-versa if it's a nerf. A fighter can only have one buff/nerf at a time.

You may have noticed I said "reciever" and not opponent. This is because if Patch is on the ground and throws the projectile downwards, then the effects will apply to her. The longer she writes in her notebook, the more likely the attack will be a buff. Going from a 10% chance at the start to an 80% chance at the end. If she's hit while writing, the clipboard will go flying away from her and effect whoever it hits.

First upgrade makes the effect last 20 seconds. Second upgrade makes nerfs have a chance to disable an opponents specials for 7 seconds instead of decreasing a stat.

Up Special: Work overflow - Patch places down a stack of paperwork about the size of a Steve block that floats in the air and slowly floats downwards. Patch and other fighters are able to stand on this as a soft platform at the cost of making it float down faster. There can be 3 stacks on screen at a time.

First upgrade makes the platforms float slower. Second upgrade makes the platforms taller, and also if they are hit with a downward attack, they'll go barreling downward. Why would you want to do that? Well this upgrade also makes the platforms be able to crush fighters below them!

Down Special: Exploit fix - Patch stamps down a "no" symbol on her position. While in this circle, fighters have the "exploit" of being able to attack "fixed". (Including Patch herself.) There can only be one stamp on screen at a time and it goes away after 30 seconds.

First upgrade makes fighters walk at 80% speed while in it. Second makes it slightly home in on all fighters.

I don't really like making final smashes so I'll just steal Faz's. :4pacman:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Wooo, the last jobs were surely a blast! We got some really awesome moveset submissions and the Patch stories we got are really awesome too! However, I realized that this is the first time Baysha Baysha submitted a moveset for any character, and I was initially going to go with that, but in order to be fair to every one, I wanted to ask: Should we go with Baysha's moveset for Patch or do the traditional voting? Please let me know! If Baysha's moveset got in, than at least the Super Move idea from FazDude FazDude 's Patch moveset will be retained

Job #251: Why not submit a character and stage for the second post-launch update while you're at it? Again, this is freestyle as well, as almost every character job for the Popper's Pass will have themes to them!

Job #252: Is there something you'd like to see in a post-launch update for Bloons Blowout? Submit it if you have an idea of it!

My submissions:
Character: Professor Evil
1667426068257.png

Previously submitted as a secret character by FazDude FazDude . As this monkey made his debut in Bloons TD Battles, he could very easily take on Baysha Baysha 's vision for the Bloons TD Battler, using Bloons in his moveset. He could also summon "evil" monkey towers to aid him as well.

Stage: The Void
1667426403237.png

Didn't have much ideas for the stage this time around, but it's fitting for an evil mastermind.

Maybe there can be a stadium mode included with Professor Evil that includes modes similar to Break the Targets and Home-Run Contest

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm fine going with Baysha's moveset - I really like it and I think it has a better Up Special than my idea while also retaining a lot of what I had in mind.

As for today's jobs, PCC pretty much submitted my one idea for another free update character as well as post-launch content. I may submit a post-launch stage later on if I can think of something, though.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so since everyone was fine with going with Baysha's moveset for Patch and my submissions from the previous jobs........

Job #253: Submit and design a moveset for Professor Evil! I think he can still very easily take on Baysha's vision for the Bloons TD Battler, but I'd love to her what you guys come up for him!

Job #254: Submit a stage layout for The Void as well as the music tracks to play on it!

I'll submit something later!

FazDude

Smash Master
Professor Evil moveset
  • Neutral Special: Evil Bloons
    • Juxaposition aside, Professor Evil sends out a Bloon with his insignia on it, with each Bloon costing some cash. These act as mobile bumpers, allowing opponents who touch them to be bounced away while taking damage. The Bloons also act like Hotheads from Smash, being able to manuever walls and ceilings. Most importantly, though, these Bloons can be popped, giving Professor Evil some cash in the process (unless Professor Evil himself pops them)!
    • Upgrades increase the speed of the Bloons and the cash Professor Evil earns when they're popped.
  • Up Special: Mini-MOAB
    • Professor Evil uses a small MOAB attached to his back to take to the skies, acting similarly to Villager's Balloon Trip.
    • Upgrades increase the durability of the MOAB and how long Professor Evil can fly.
  • Down Special: Specialty Bloons
    • Professor Evil opens a small HUD around himself, allowing him to send out one of three types of special Evil Bloons; Camo, Regrow, and Shielded. All of these have the same properties as their "neutral" counterparts, but each costs cash to summon. Also, these don't give Professor Evil cash when popped.
    • Upgrades decrease the price of the Specialty Bloons.
  • Super Move: Bloon Takeover
    • Several Evil/Specialty Bloons flood the screen as Professor Evil temporarily gains an attack buff.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I sure am really late on this, but I'll keep both jobs open for anoth3r day, as no one submitted a stage layout for the Void yet.

FazDude

Smash Master
Okay, hear me out on the Void.

I'm envisioning it to be similar to the Final Destination (no, not that one) modded stage from Rivals of Aether.

The circle in the middle is the eponymous void; It acts similar to the Black Hole item from Smash (except much weaker), but will become an instant death trap at a certain percent. The catch is that the stage is a wrap-around - If you fall through the bottom blast zone, you'll fall out the top with no repercussions. As such, the void is the only way to get KOs.

EDIT: Forgot the music:

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
First off, I want to apologize for being late to this, but I don't think this really matters right now. All submissions at this point will get in!

As much as I want to start the first Popper's Pass pack today, I feel like that I need to get a few discussion points out there first!

Discussion point #1: Come up with ideas of a story of context to how Professor Evil got into Bloons Blowout as a newcomer! If there was a reveal trailer for Professor Evil or just told in some update notes and stuff, you can describe how exactly did Professor Evil end up here!

Discussion point #2: Describe your vision for the Supreme Skins for base roster fighters that will be included in each pack of the Popper's Pass! What would they look like? What special attributes should they have? Any other ideas?

The story:
As the fighters for the Popper's Pass are still not ready at the moment, Patch informs the others that the fighters scheduled to come over to the battle after the initial big day are still not prepared at this time, much to the disappointment of the base roster fighters. However, Professor Evil was monitoring the progress of the whole thing, and he took this as an opportunity to try to reign supreme over the Monkey Kingdom and put things under his management and watch.

Professor Evil does so and he announces that he plans to take over the Monkey Kingdom and let the Bloons run free and flood the kingdom under his watch. As the other base roster fighters try to go and fight the vile professor and take back the kingdom, Patch keeps hoping the first fighter of the Popper's Pass can arrive soon to save the whole kingdom.

For the Supreme Skins, they can be considered alts for characters that have huge, drastic changes to their looks and alter the looks of certain attacks that are themed to their costumes as well. There can even be unique taunts, victory animations, and even "trails", which are decorative dust that come out of those skins for anytime the fighters are moving.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, it's time......the moment you've all been waiting for.........(sorry for the cheap sounding introduction, but we're finally here! still)

Job #255: Submit a tower or agent to be the FIRST POPPER'S PASS FIGHTER! Part of Pack 1! (I was originally going to make it towers only, but it has so little left that I extended it to agents). Please describe the character, why they should be in and what moves can they bring to the table!

My submission:
Boomerang Monkey
1667955076229.png

I WAS going to save this tower for much later down the line for DLC, but even I'm surprised it's not in at this point, lol

Its playstyle can revolve around having moves that have wide hitboxes or moves that circle around it, so kinda like a defense-tactics kind of fighter, where it uses its moves to strike multiple opponents surrounding itself, defend itself from projectiles or even grab items more easily than others!

FazDude

Smash Master
Let me just say I am all for Boomerang Monkey being our first DLC pick; Honestly, their exclusion from the base roster baffles me. That said, I don't wanna abstain from jobs two days in a row, so...

DLC Fighter: Mad Snowman (Bloons TD 5)

This would be more thematically appropiate around the holidays, but whatever. I imagine Mad Snowman as a large tank character, having a lot of weight and projectiles to use.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so while I really liked FazDude FazDude 's submission for the previous job, even I'm baffled why the Boomerang Monkey isn't in at this point, lol. (although I intentionally wanted to save Boomerang Monkey for DLC) So I'll gladly accept Boomerang monkey as our first Popper's Pass fighter! Because of this, it makes the next jobs easier for me, which are........

Job #256: Submit a stage for Boomerang Monkey! Describe the stage's layout, gimmicks and hazards!

Job #257: Submit ideas for Supreme Skins for Druid, Mortar Monkey and Ninja Monkey! One for each Monkey! Remember, Supreme Skins are meant to be "more epic" alts for characters, meaning they come with heavy visual changes to certain attacks and animations, but you can also put your own creative spin on them!

My submissions:
Stage: Wattle Trees
1668045012696.png

This is pretty much the Boomerang Monkey's home track, so it makes total, total sense for it to be its home stage

For the layout, The Boomerang Huts and trees can act as solid platforms, where underneath them is like a cave-in area where there is solid platforms both above and beneath!

Music tracks:

Supreme Skins:
Druid: None at the moment, sorry

Mortar Monkey: Punkin Chunkin
1668045344161.png

Whenever Mortar Monkey shoots himself out of the cannon, he rolls himself into a pumpkin as he shoots out with brilliant pumpkin pieces, insides and seeds flying everywhere upon contact! All Mortar Fireworks are replaced with Jack-O-Lanterns as well. Punkin chunkin Mortar Monkey also leaves behind a trail of orange sparkles with mini pumpkins, pumpkin seeds and candy corn whenever he moves. A new taunt can have Mortar Monkey grow a pumkin before kicking it to carve a face on it.

Ninja Monkey: Super Shadow
1668045545681.png

Ninja Monkey becomes slightly transparent, and every time Ninja Monkey attacks, dark gray smoke appear wherever the attacks land. A new taunt can have Ninja Monkey poof in dark gray smoke into a pile of ashes before reforming seconds later.

FazDude

Smash Master
I was just about to hop off PC for the night - I may come up with a Boomerang Monkey stage tomorrow afternoon, but for now, I wanna submit a skin idea for the Druid.

Wrathful Druid

Imagine this, but as a full body. The Druid's attacks gain dark, BoTW Malice-like effects to them, and the Druid itself gains an eerie red glow.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, with all submissions up to this point making the cut, time to move on

Job #258: Design a moveset for Boomerang Monkey as well as come up with its alt costumes!

Side Job: Come up with ideas of a story of context to how Boomerang Monkey got into Bloons Blowout as a newcomer! If there was a reveal trailer for Boomerang Monkey or just told in some update notes and stuff, you can describe how exactly did Boomerang Monkey end up here! Try thinking about what he'll do with Professor Evil!

My submissions

Boomerang Monkey

1667955076229.png

Gimmick:
Many of Boomerang Monkey's attacks have wide hitboxes and can cover huge amounts of space around it, making this one quite a tactical defender! For all of its boomerang attacks, any items, loose cash or ANYTHING that can be picked up its boomerangs/glaives makes contact with will automatically be pulled in to Boomerang Monkey, making it being able to nab items and other stuff more easily than others. Unfortunately, because of all those special and useful traits, it is of slightly-below-average middleweight, making it a little more easy to launch than other middleweights.

Neutral-Standard:
Boomerang Monkey swipes a boomerang in a wide vertical slash downward

Side-Standard:
Boomerang Monkey simple swipes forward hard with a boomerang.

Up-Standard:
Creates a semi-circle swipe above itself with a boomerang.

Down-Standard:
Boomerang Monkey spins a boomerang in a circle on the ground

Dash Attack:
Boomerang Monkey swipes a boomerang in front of itself, has a wide horizontal hitbox

Side Smash:
Like Link's side-smash, except with wide horizontal hitboxes from a boomerang

Up Smash:
Does a stronger semi-circle swipe

Down Smash:
Spins around multiple times with a boomerang on the ground. Can multi-hit.

Neutral-Aerial:
Boomerang Monkey swings a boomerang in a full circle around itself.

Side-Aerial:
Like its dash attack, just in the air

Up-Aerial:
Same to the grounded up-standard, but in the air

Down-Aerial:
Creates a semi-circle swipe below itself with a boomerang.

Neutral Special: Boomerang Toss
Boomerang Monkey throws a boomerang forward that travels the same curved path as in the BTD games. The path the boomerang can take is quite awkward, so time and precision is key here. Upgrades can turn the boomerangs into glaives, which have more speed, range and damage, and this can apply to ALL of its boomerang moves. Further upgrades can let glaives ricochet off other fighters and Bloons!

Up Special: Boomerang Leap
Boomerang Monkey does a big leap upward in a big upwards arc, but pressing the special move button again can have Boomerang Monkey preform a drop kick in the opposite direction it is currently facing. Upgrades increase jump height and damage as well as the ability to freely angle the dropkick. When Glaives are obtained from the neutral special upgrades, Boomerang Monkey will have one glaive orbit itself that disappears after dealing enough damage, up to 3 can be at play at once.

Down Special: Kylie Boomerang
Boomerang Monkey's only projectile that travels in a straight line! Upgrades increase range, speed and damage, as well as give the ability to push Big Bloons!

Super Move: Glaive Master
Boomerang Monkey does a turbo charge forward that multi-hits other fighters before launching them! Boomerang Monkey also gains 3 permanent orbiting glaives that disappear after a certain amount of time.

Taunt:
Boomerang Monkey throw a boomerang from one hand to another and to back.

Entrance:
Boomerang Monkey flip-jumps onto the stage.

Victory:
Boomerang Monkey throws a boomerang forward that pops Bloons and grabs a trophy to which Boomerang Monkey makes a victory pose afterwards!

Defeat:
Boomerang Monkey throws a boomerang forward in sore-loser fashion, before the boomerang hits Boomerang Monkey in the back of the head, making it dizzy.

Alt costumes (Yep, they're just good old recolors)
  • Green (Tan for Glaives)
  • Blue (Teal for Glaives)
  • Purple (Magenta for Glaives)

FazDude

Smash Master
I love PCC's Boomerang Monkey moveset, but I wanna submit some alts + a story!

Alts
  1. Kylie Boomerang
  2. Bionic Boomerang
  3. Modern Monkey - shirt + shoes (Okay, this one's kind of a stretch - I've always headcanoned Boomerang Monkey to be Australian, but I couldn't really think of any Australia-type alts aside from the funny wallaby.)
Story
Soon after Professor Evil arrives, it's revealed that he was easily able to thrash the other fighters - Even Patch's godlike power couldn't stop him. Before he can fully corrupt the town hall, however, something hits him in the back of the head - A boomerang. More boomerangs are thrown left and right, popping Professor Evil's entire army. He turns to see that the Boomerang Monkey has finally arrived, his arrival having been delayed by a bad storm. With a newfound resolve, the other fighters join Boomerang Monkey in their fight against Professor Evil!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, I like all submissions so far, so I'll add em' all. Also, please vote for your top 6 Boomerang Monkey alts! Like before, your #1 submission getting 6 points, your #2 pick getting 5 points, your #3 pick getting 4 points, and so on and so forth, with the top 3 making the cut! For bonus points, please add the reason why you put that particular alt in that place! The only rule I have with this is don't make your own submission your #1 pick please.

Job #259: As we move on the the 2nd pack of the Popper's Pass, please submit an agent to be added as the character for this pack! Yes, for this time, it's locked on specifically for agents! (In case your wondering, even if an agent has their pro or non-pro versions in the base game already, I'll still allow them in!) Please describe the character, why they should be in and what moves can they bring to the table!

My votes and submissions:

1. Modern Monkey (Looks funny)
  2. Bionic Boomerang
  3. Purple
  4. Green (It was meant to reference a mod for BTD6, the Card Monkey)
  5. Kylie Boomerang
  6. Blue
DLC Fighter: Mad Snowman (Bloons TD 5)

Submitted last time for the 1st pack by FazDude FazDude . I just love the idea of being able to play as a snowman and its attacks are rather very cool, pun intended. Like Fazdude mentioned, it can make for a tanker-style gameplay with great weight and powerful projectiles. Ironically, it can melt in BTD5 Deluxe after 10 rounds, so who knows how it's able to not become a puddle for Bloons Blowout?

Baysha

Smash Ace
My submission: Pontoon Pro
View attachment 362540

Hold up?! a RAFT as the final base roster character?!?!

Since it's a common trope for platform fighters nowadays to include a joke character or a character that gets people saying "what the heck?" as the final base roster character, I thought this one fits the bill perfectly, especially since it's the only pro special agent to lack any attack in any form, which makes its inclusion even more ironic.

Who knows what its attacks can be? Could it use hidden gadgets within itself to fight or take advantage of its buoyancy and inflatable guts to give those fighters what it means to be a true fighter.
You're telling me this pon is a toon pro?

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright.....so I've decided to end the newcomer job earlier than I expected due to the fact that I'll be pretty full for this evening, but now it's voting time!

Vote for the 2nd Popper's Pass pack newcomer here!

Also, here are the results for the alts for Boomerang Monkey!

• Green: 10
  • Blue: 2 (hey, they rhymed!)
  • Purple: 7
  • Kylie Boomerang: 7
  • Bionic Boomerang: 7
  • Modern Monkey: 10
So it looks like our Alts for Boomerang Monkey has been chosen! Being Modern Monkey, Green, and Bionic Boomerang! So congrats to me and FazDude FazDude !

Job #260: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for Patch!

Job #261: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for Professor Evil!

FazDude

Smash Master
Patch MK
  • Tier 1
    • Potent Patches: Nerfs and buffs cast by Patch Notes last longer (~20 seconds).
    • Cruel Nerf: Patch Notes has a greater chance of casting a nerf on an enemy.
    • Overworked: Each pile of work placed by Work Overflow doubles in height, giving it some extra range and longetivity.
    • Extra Exploits: Patch's Exploit Fix has more range.
  • Tier 2
    • Sturdy Clipboard: Patch Notes now deals damage upon contact with an opponent.
    • Frame Exploit: Patch's Exploit Fix now slows fighters down.
    • Hotfix: Patch gains a temporary, short-lived buff to a random stat at the start of each stock.
  • Tier 3
    • Selective Exploits: Patch is immune to the effects of her own Exploit Fix.
    • Critical Patch: After reaching 100%, Patch becomes invincible and stronger for a short time.
  • Tier 4
    • Playtesting: After Patch is KO'd by an enemy, said enemy will gain a random debuff for a prolonged period of time.
Professor Evil MK
  • Tier 1
    • Big Bloons: Professor Evil's bloons increase in size. This applies to both Neutral and Down Special.
    • Master Villain: Professor Evil's basic attacks deal more damage.
    • Clean Getaway: Professor Evil is faster.
    • Backstabber: Professor Evil gets more cash from popping Bloons.
  • Tier 2
    • Explosive Bloons: Professor Evil's bloons now explode upon being popped. This applies to both Neutral and Down Special.
    • Specialty Savings: Specialty Bloons cost less.
    • Mini BFB: Professor Evil's Up Special gains more speed and longetivity.
  • Tier 3
    • Bouncy MOAB: Professor Evil reflects projectiles while using his Up Special.
    • Curses!: Professor Evil temporarily gains additional attack power upon being KO'd.
  • Tier 4
    • I'll Remember This!: Professor Evil retains some of his upgrades upon being KO'd.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, now despite the tie between the 2 fighters, using RNG, I have declared our fighter for the 2nd pack of the Popper's Pass is the ever-puffed-up Pontoon Pro!, so congrats to Baysha Baysha ! I should point out that ironically, it's the only pro special agent without any form of attack in BTD5!

Job #262: Submit a stage for Pontoon Pro! Describe the stage's layout, gimmicks and hazards!

Job #263: Submit ideas for Supreme Skins for Pat Fusty, Tribal Turtle, and Ninja Kiwi! One for each Monkey! Remember, Supreme Skins are meant to be "more epic" alts for characters, meaning they come with heavy visual changes to certain attacks and animations, but you can also put your own creative spin on them!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I don't have any ideas for a Pontoon Pro stage, but I do have some skins I'd like to pitch!

• Pat Fusty: Gamma Fusty
    • This alt turns Pat's fur a sickly green and gives him purple pants, making him resemble a certain incredible hero from the world of Marvel. He also glows with this costume, and his stronger attacks produce glowing radiation effects when they land.
  • Tribal Turtle: Beachgoer Turtle
    • The Tribal Turtle swaps its feathers for a nice pair of sunglasses and a Hawaiian lei. Their coconuts have been replaced with beach balls, and a few of their attacks have water effects applied.
  • Ninja Kiwi: Samurai Kiwi
    • This alt gives Ninja Kiwi samurai garb, including a brand new sword. They also gain a shadowy afterimage as they move around, as well as an ink effect on their attacks (think Ryu's Focus Attack in Smash).

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Stage I have:

Flooded Valley
1668476322187.png

Hear me out on this. The stage starts out on the brown solid ground below, but over time, the dam will start to crack and collapse and fall apart piece by piece. After some time, the dam collapses entirely, plunging all the water out! But don't worry, 5 Pontoons (regular Pontoons) will quickly come in to save our fighters from losing to the rushing currents. For the rest of the fight, it's all downstream from there. There are 5 Pontoons that serve as platforms and if anyone touches the rushing water, they'll be pulled away instantly. The music for this stage can start off sounding like normal and calm battle music and during the stream part, the music changes to sounding desperate, somber, and panicky.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Woo, I am so late on this!, BUT since all submissions will get in (Trust me, I REALLY liked FazDude FazDude 's supreme skin submissions), it's time to move on and what not.

Job #264: Design a moveset for Pontoon Pro as well as come up with its alt costumes! As it's the only pro special agent without any form of attack in BTD5, it's going to require some creative challenges to get some attacks going for it, but since it is a huge inflatable, you can take this as an inspiration for some powerful attacks!

Side Job:
Come up with ideas of a story of context to how Pontoon Pro got into Bloons Blowout as a newcomer! If there was a reveal trailer for Pontoon Pro or just told in some update notes and stuff, you can describe how exactly did Pontoon Pro end up here!

I only have a story at the moment:

With the ongoing battle between the Bloons Blowout fighters and Professor Evil and the Bloons, it seemed that this war might rage on for a long time. However, not all monkeys in the land were aware of this conflict. We see a group of monkeys hard at work building Pontoon Pros needed for basic coverage on water areas. One day, in a pile of other Pontoon Pros, one just happened to spring to life! Noticing the war between the other fighters and Professor Evil, it decides to join in on the fight!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Alright, time for a Pontoon Pro moveset. Now, tell me - What do pontoons usually do? Carry stuff, obviously. As such, I'm going to make the Pontoon Pro a weird sort of grappler.
  • Neutral Special: All Aboard!
    • The Pontoon Pro leans forward slightly, being able to grab onto an incoming projectile or an opponent, "holding" it above itself. If it grabs a projectile, it can throw it back out by using the Neutral Special again. If it grabs an opponent, though, it enters a state similar to Donkey Kong's Cargo Throw, being able to move around and throw the opponent in one of four directions.
    • Upgrades increase the strength of Pontoon Pro's throws.
  • Up Special: Water Spout
    • A geyser of water erupts from beneath the Pontoon Pro, raising it upward.
    • Upgrades increase the height of the geyser.
  • Down Special: Tidal Wave
    • The Pontoon Pro is pushed forward by a wave of water, damaging any opponent it hits while nullifying projectiles which come in contact with it.
    • Upgrades increase the speed at which the Pontoon Pro is pushed.
  • Super Move: Pontoon Ride
    • The Pontoon Pro gets a special passenger: A Super Monkey! For a short time, the Super Monkey will rapid-fire darts at opponents within a certain range of the Pontoon Pro, with the latter still being able to move around and use its Neutral Special.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I think FazDude FazDude submitted a fun Pontoon Pro moveset that doesn't really involve the luxurious raft doing any attacks, instead, all the attacks seems to be reliant on outside forces, which I think is fitting and funny at the same time.

Job #265: Now we're at the third pack of the Popper's Pass, please submit a hero or agent to be added as the character for this pack! This will be the first time that a Popper's Pass pack will have heroes to be the central theme! Please describe the character, why they should be in and what moves can they bring to the table!

My submission:
Sauda
1668642196534.png

"Oh great! ANOTHER swordfighter as a DLC fighter?"

Frankly, I wanted her in at launch, but this is still a good opportunity to add her at this moment. Swordfighters in Bloons Blowout currently are little to none, and she could bring some really awesome-looking sword moves in her arsonal.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, I am kinda late with this, but you can vote for the hero here! In the meantime, let's go on and discuss what extra mode should be included with the chosen hero later on!

Job #266: What extra mode would you like to see get added to Bloons Blowout? This mode will be released for free via a free update alongside the 3rd Popper's Pass pack fighter!

My submission: Stage Builder
One of the most requested features for BTD6 at the moment is a track editor/builder, so I thought, why not include a stage builder for Bloons Blowout now? There, it's self-explanatory, you build stages, test them and then use them in real battles. You can even share your custom stages with others online. If there were to be a stage builder in Bloons Blowout, it would be similar to how SSB Ultimate's stage builder, where you can use the control stick to draw out different shapes or use circle and square tools to create even shapes, you can also place things like moving platforms, cannons, switchs, falling blocks and other stuff. Like Brawl's stage builder, there will also be some pre-made objects to go with them, like mushroom platforms or tunnels. Since consoles like Playstation and Xbox lack touch screens of any sort, touch-drawing is exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version. PC version is adjustable to device, where touch controls are enabled on touch screen PCs.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so since everyone seems ok with my extra mode, I'll go ahead and reveal the winning hero! It is none other than the Sun hero herself, Adora! Makes sense to include her at this point since her temple is in the game prior to DLC, but she wasn't in at the time, so congrats to FazDude FazDude !

Job #267: Submit a stage for Adora! The stage doesn't even have to truly themed to her, as her temple is already a stage base game! Describe the stage's layout, gimmicks and hazards!

Job #268: Submit ideas for Supreme Skins for Captain Cassie, Wizard Monkey and Bloonchipper! One for each Monkey! Remember, Supreme Skins are meant to be "more epic" alts for characters, meaning they come with heavy visual changes to certain attacks and animations, but you can also put your own creative spin on them!

FazDude

Smash Master
267: Sanctuary (TD 6)

While this stage is mainly themed around Psi, I think it also works well for Adora. I'm gonna envision this stage's layout as similar to that of Smash's Northern Cave, albeit with platforms floating in from the sides if stage hazards are enabled. As much as I love the wackier stages, we do need some competitive-friendly ones.

Job 268
  • Captain Cassie: Siren Cassie
    • Honestly, I used all my piratey skin ideas for Cassie's basic skins, so for her Supreme Skin, I had to go with something less piratey. This skin makes Captain Cassie somewhat resemble a siren/mermaid, with her attacks gaining musical note effects. Her Soda Barrel is replaced with a Sparkling Water Barrel.
  • Wizard Monkey: Witch Monkey
    • Something fairly straight-forward; The Wizard Monkey gains a getup similar to that of a traditional witch, with black magic effects being added to their attacks. The Super Move also has the Lava Phoenix form more closely resemble a dragon.
  • Bloonchipper: Bloonbuster
    • This alt would have a color scheme resembling the ghost traps from the Ghostbusters franchise, complimenting the Poltergust alt it already has. Unlike the Poltergust alt, though, this alt could have spectral effects on its attacks, while little ghost Bloons can be seen coming out of popped Bloons.
By the way, when are you going to add DLC stuff to the main post?

Last edited:
Top Bottom