• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle 2

Should we only stick to P4AU characters or expand the options to the entire Persona series?

• Stick to P4AU

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

What is BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle?
-May or not be you, asking for the aforemented question

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (usually refered has BBTAG or BBCTB for short) is a 2v2 2D crossover fighting game released in 2018 developed by Arc System Works taking one of their main franchises BlazBlue and making a crossover between other games either developed or published by Arc System Works like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax or Under Night In-Birth and some guests like RWBY and Senran Kagura.

In this thread we will make a sequel of the game with a main focus on the roster but also having space for discuss things like gameplay changes and the story.

Newcomers are resalted in bold.
1650473626446.png

Ragna the Bloodedge​

Noel Vermillion​

Jin Kisaragi​

Rachel Alucard​

Hazama​
1651105477067.png

Ryuji Sakamoto (Skull)

Sumire Yoshizawa (Violet)
1651116381113.png

Minato Arisato
-​
-​
1651106538779.png
1651113399144.png

Hyde Kido​

Orie Ballardiae​
---
1651114071885.png

Ruby Rose​
1651114122293.png

Weiss Schnee​

Yang Xiao Long​

Blake Belladona
-
1651114722347.png

Sol Badguy

Ky Kiske

Dizzy
--

-

-

-
--
1651115163478.png

Heart Aino​
----

-

-

-
--

Akatsuki​
-
-
--

Ryuuko Matoi
-
-
--

Lloyd Irving

Alphen
---
1651116319971.png

Aang
-
-
--
BlazBlue:
  • Ragna the Bloodedge
  • Noel Vermillion
  • Jin Kisaragi
  • Rachel Alucard
  • Hazama
Persona
  • Ryuji Sakamoto (Skull)
  • Sumire Yoshizawa (Violet)
  • Minato Arisato
Under Night In-Birth
  • Hyde Kido
  • Orie Ballardiae
RWBY
  • Ruby Rose
  • Weiss Schnee
  • Yang Xiao Long
  • Blake Belladona
Guilty Gear
  • Sol Badguy
  • Ky Kiske
  • Dizzy
Nasuverse
Arcana Heart

• Heart Aino
Akatsuki Blitzkampf
  • Akatsuki
Senran Kagura
Kill la Kill

• Ryuuko Matoi
Tales Series
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Alphen
  • Aang

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ayo, welcome here!, thanks for notice this thread and you are welcome to participate!
The first two jobs would be:
  1. Roster Size (How many character will the roster have has a base?)
  2. Discussion about Franchises (Keep all the previous franchises of the first game?, Cut anyone?, make a guest franchise a main one this time?)

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm surprised this was never done before, it's a pretty good idea.

1. Roster Size: 85

The first game had 53 characters but its roster was kinda small before all the DLC. That's already pretty large for a fighting game but I think we can go a little crazy and aim for another 2 20-fighter packs rounded up.

2. Franchises: 6 main franchises + 6 guest franchises, all series return

I say we keep Blazblue, P4A, UNIB, and RWBY as the main franchises and add two more. Arcana Heart, Blitzkampf Akatsuki, and Senran Kagura can stay as guests and I think we can capitalize it by adding a few more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Base roster: around 60-ish? Depends if we bring everyone back or not. I feel like we shouldn't. It would be more interesting if we kept things varied.

Keep the franchises the same. Bring back Senran. The other two I'm neutral on but I don't see why they can't return. Two new.

Last edited by a moderator:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Franchises: 4 Main Franchises with 6 Guest Franchises; Persona, RWBY, and Under Night return as guest franchises, and 3 new franchises are decided to become main franchises
If we brought all of the characters back, why not just update the game out of nowhere again? If people liked how the main franchises were previously, why not just play BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (2018)?
Look, I'd love to have Persona as a prominent series in this as probably the next poster, but I don't think that'd justify the existence of a new game. Plus from a creation thread standpoint, I just think it'd boring since we'd probably be submitting characters from the first game in a tedious order, meanwhile if we got to directly chose the 3 series prominently facing BlazBlue and who of the limited Persona, RWBY, and Under Night characters return I think that'd be an interesting and fun thread.

Base Roster: 72 Characters

This is assuming my suggestion of franchises wins, but if this happened then the 4 main franchises can get 12 characters each and the guest franchises can get 4 characters each, and I think that's a fine number, plus there's still DLC that could add more characters if needed.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
1. 70 Characters (11 each from 6 main franchises & 1 each from 4 guest franchises).

2. See below
  • All 4 main franchises return.
  • Either Arcana Heart, Blitzkampf Akatsuki, or Senran Kagura become a main franchise, other 2 keep guest franchise role.
  • 1 new main franchise & 2 new guest franchises.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

For the moment we can do our third job, BlazBlue is a must-in here, I think we can all agree that Ragna and Noel would obviously be here but what about the rest of characters?

Job 3 - Decide our first character from the BlazBlue series!, can be either a character that appeared in the previous game or a newcomer.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job 3: Rachel Alucard (BlazBlue)

1650350299343.png

A Transylvanian vampire and one of the most prominent characters in the series, I just can't think of a Blazblue game without Rachel.

Ok, it's time to vote!, I think using Google Forms would work for these ones
There might be a mistake on the poll. I suggested adding two main series and three guests but it's not one of the options for Job 2.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Ragna cause he’s Ragna. I feel that a lot of the characters we put forward that are staples to the franchise should probably be included.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Job 3: Rachel Alucard (BlazBlue)

View attachment 350666

A Transylvanian vampire and one of the most prominent characters in the series, I just can't think of a Blazblue game without Rachel.

There might be a mistake on the poll. I suggested adding two main series and three guests but it's not one of the options for Job 2.
Sorry for the mistake, fixed!

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Jin Kisaragi
1650397245120.png

Alongside Ragna and Noel, it’s just wrong to not have him in a BlazBlue game.

(Also, if we end up bringing the other 3 main franchises back, I was thinking maybe we could change Persona 4 Arena to just Persona, allowing us to bring in characters from P5? We could have a poll for that.)

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
(Full disclosure, don't know much about BlazBlue and that'll be obvious throughout this entire thread, but with limited impressions I think this character is important enough to be submitted)

Hazama
1650405106599.png

Hazama is a former captain of the World Void Information Control Organization’s Intelligence Department, and was an artifical human created to be the host for Yūki Terumi.

Also his appearance is taken after the shady character archetype, which is why I thought he was important enough for even someone like me to submit, someone that shady has to be pretty involved in the plot, right? Also, on the BlazBlue Wiki near the side on Popular Pages, Hazama is there so I'm also guessing he's a popular character and he was also base roster of the first BlazBlue, so again despite being out of the fandom I'm getting impressions he's popular.

I admit I'm making guesses, but to an outsider he seems pretty important, pretty popular, and pretty dapper, and that should probably get him in.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
CONCLUSION
1650415501876.png
1650415521378.png

It's decided, we will have 5 brand new series between 2 mains and 3 guests and a total of 76 characters. After the votations for the third job we will have a job dedicated to decide the distribution of the series (If you wish you can give your idea before regarding the distribution, if the majority agrees on a particular idea we will skip that). There will also be a poll in the thread for decide if we stick on Persona 4 Arena characters or expand the options to all the Persona series.

And now it's time to vote for our first BlazBlue character!, vote for your top 3 of the following submissions. Remind that you can't put your own suggestion in 1st place.
My votes are:
  1. Hazama
  2. Es
  3. Bang Shishigami

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Jin Kirasagi (looked him up, dude's Ragna's brother, I don't think he could be more important if he tried, because it happened at birth due to being the protagonists brother)
2. Rachel Alucard (Also seems important, Apparently bitten Ragna and I think that's also important; and apparently powerful. Sure)
3. Hazama (Self-Vote, still not sure on his importance but I do at least like him and want him in the video game known as BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle 2 or whatever we name this)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Well, the votes are closed!
  • Rachel Alucard: 8 votes
  • Taokaka: 0 votes ):
  • Jin Kisaragi: 10 votes
  • Litchi Faye Ling: 5 votes
  • Bang Shishigami: 4 votes
  • Hazama: 7 votes
  • Es: 2 votes
That means that Jin Kisaragi is our winner!, and since I think some of these characters are other obvious choices, Rachel and Hazama will also being in!.
Also, the poll for the Persona series fate ended and with unanimous votes, instead of just P4AU you will be avalaible to submit a character from any Persona game!

Now the next job would be:
Job 4 - Submit our new franchises!, since the winner option is 2 new main franchises and 3 new guests, you will submit both a main franchise and a guest.

My own submissions are:
Main Franchise - Guilty Gear

The most obvious choice, if someone thinks in Arc System Works is most likely to think in both BlazBlue and Guilty Gear. There is not too much to say apart of that.
Guest Franchise - Devil May Cry
1650633118259.png
I just think the DMC characters (especially Dante) would adapt very well to the game, the loads of moves and fancy style would be a nice choice to the game.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Main Franchise: Melty Blood

1650636870879.png

Melty Blood is the spin-off fighting game series of the iconic visual novel Tsukihime. Developed by the same people who made Under Night In-Birth, it recently got a new game in the form of Type Lumina.

Being a sprite-based fighter, it's a great fit for a main franchise as characters can be easily implemented. Speaking of them, it has a pretty varied roster of fighters, including vampires, hunters, sorcerers and least but not least: maids.

Guest Franchise: Tales

1650637264975.png

Just like Senran Kagura, Tales is an action-focused game franchise with a lot of popular characters. I think Arise's leads in particular would fit rather well into this game.

D

Deleted member

pNNrGydIr8VtTaw9AdHFT8kuuOr.jpg

Fate
A massive IP. There are a ton of characters we could include and people have been waiting ARC to work on it forever.

Might seem like a pretty random shout but this was on a poll of potential Franchises that was put out during the second game. Arc System Works have talked about waiting to use this ip and it could be similar to RWBY, bringing in new fanbases. This would also include Korra characters.

skullgirls was also on that list and I'm hoping someone submits that

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Will go for a classic, yet recently neglected 2d sprite fighter & nominate Darkstalkers for a new main franchise.

Will go for another arc sys franchise & nominate Double Dragon as a guest franchise.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Main Series
Demon Slayer

It’s popularity is off the charts in many places both in and outside of Japan.

Guest series
KILL la KILL

I’ve only played this game a little and, even then, not a lot but I liked it. Ryuko Matoi and Satsuki Kiryuin seem exec choices.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Main Franchise: Xenoblade Chronicles
1650670733961.png

(Focus on Xenoblade 1 cast, but characters from X, 2, and 3 also get in)

Weird one, but hear me out. Reyn and Junpei being in the same room. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Ok, seriously I think the Xenoblade cast would work excellently in a traditional fighting game format, it would attract Nintendo fans, and I can already see fun character interactions.

Guest Series: River City Girls
1650668961223.png

River City Girls is a 2019 Beat 'Em Up published by ArcSys, a spin-off of the long Kunio-kun (typically localized as "River City") series. So ArcSys now owns the series, making this an easy option license wise.

River City Girls is a game that is generally liked and is even getting a sequel, and think it'd fit considering the game is 2-player and the fights in BBCTG are 2v2 (so Kyoko and Misako can tag team, epic). I think the River City Girls would be great additions as I remember the game being fun and them being enjoyable characters.

While there could be other fighters, I'm nominating this as a guest series because there's only 4 characters that are noteworthy, Misako and Kyoko as must haves, and Kunio and Riki would be great if extra slots are available

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Well, I think we have enough submissions. It's time to vote!

Main Franchise:
Guest Franchise:
Vote for your top 3!, like before you can't put your own submission in first place.
There is also a small chance that it could be considered expand the roster a bit more seeing the quantity of franchises submited

My votes are:
Main Franchise
  1. Melty Blood
  2. Guilty Gear
  3. Fate
Guest Franchise
  1. Tales Series
  2. Kill la Kill
  3. Devil May Cry

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I was stuck at work today, so I missed submitting Skullgirls and Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, unfortunately. That aside, here’s my votes.

Main:
1. Guilty Gear
2. Xenoblade
3. Darkstalkers

Guest:
1. Avatar
2. Kill la Kill
3. Devil May Cry

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
After waiting for more votes, I think we need to move forward so, vote counting time!
Main Franchises
Guilty Gear - 8 points
Melty Blood - 6 points
Fate - 4 points
Xenoblade - 2 points
Darkstalkers - 2 points
Demon Slayer - 2 points
Kamen Rider - 0 points
Skullgirls - 4 points

Guest Franchises
Devil May Cry - 2 points
Tales Series - 5 points
Double Dragon - 0 points
Kill la Kill - 12 points
Mobile Suit Gundam - 0 points
River City Girls - 1 point
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - 2 points

Guilty Gear and Melty Blood are our new main franchises, but since I think it would be more interesing, Melty Blood will be fused with the Fate franchise to have all the Type-Moon works avalaible for submission. And for our guests Kill la Kill, the Tales of Series and Avatar are our winners, we will have now three jobs running.

Job 5 - Submit a name!, I don't think "BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle 2 is a good name, so submit your own idea!
Job 6 - Submit a new character from the new franchises!, either main franchises or guests, reminder that since I think there are too obvious picks the characters Sol Badguy and Ryuuko Matoi will already be included, I was thinking in include Aang by default too but since this will also include The Legend of Korra and I honestly don't known too much about the series I want to ask first if is good to include them already or make them pass a votation like the rest of characters. The Tales series already has a lot of protagonists so any of them would pass by default to make the things more fair, the same thing goes for the Nasuverse.
Job 7 - Submit a character from the old franchises!, of course we still have the old franchises too, remind that all characters that appear in any Persona game can be chosen for submission!, Hyde Kido will already be included but I want to known what you guys think about RWBY, should all the team be included by default or only Ruby?

This time we will have a longer period for submit ideas since we will work in various jobs at the same time.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
And for my own submissions.

Job 6 - Dizzy
Dizzy is a half-gear and a very popular character from Guilty Gear, she was a boss in Guilty Gear X but it was later added has a recurrent character. I submit her mainly for my own bias and the fact that I'm still surprised she isn't in Strive yet.

Job 7 - Minato Arisato
Minato Arisato, alias Makoto Yuki alias Door-kun alias the (male) protagonist from Persona 3, I don't think I need to say more, is quite a shame that for story reasons he wasn't playable in any of the two Persona Arenas. Minato being a Wild Card has a lot of Personas, but his base persona Orpheus would be the

And for my own opinion about my questions, has I say I don't known too much about Avatar but being Aang the visible face I think he could be a character that can "pass by default" and the same thing goes for the RWBY team.

D

Deleted member

Aang being in by default makes sense. I'd probably do all of team RWBY too.

Ky Kiske
The Jin to Sol's Ragna. It only makes sense.

Orie

I just think she's neat. She's one of the original cast of UNIB

Last edited by a moderator:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
The show’s named after the team, of course all 4 members of Team RWBY should be in.

Lloyd Irving

1650978652895.png

No stranger to fighting games (Soulcalibur), Lloyd would be an interesting pick, being a dual wielder, and able to use the Material Blade (a fire sword and an ice sword), alongside his regular swords.

Ryuji Sakamoto

1650979774234.png

The loud-mouthed user of the Persona Captain Kidd, Ryuji would be a fun addition, wielding bludgeoning weapons, a shotgun, and able to use electric based attacks.

Top Bottom