• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Anime All-stars

Roster size

• 40 (20 for each side)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42 (21 for each side)

• 44 (22 for each side)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I'm repurposing my Ryotsu submission from the Jump vs. Capcom thread, with a few small changes. I think he deserves to be in a general anime/manga fighter just as much as in a Jump fighter cause Kochikame really is that huge. I'll see if I can come up with something for the non-Jump side of things, but Jump is definitely what I'm more familiar with when it comes to anime/manga stuff so I make no promises
Job #5: Kankichi Ryotsu from Kochikame
View attachment 337384

Kochira Katsuhika-ku Kameari Koen Mae Hashutsujo - better known as just Kochikame - is a Weekly Shonen Jump comedy manga that began in 1976.

The series follows the misadventures of one Kankichi Ryotsu - a middle-aged cop who works at a neighborhood police station in downtown Tokyo. The typical plot in the series revolves around Ryotsu coming up with some get-rich-quick scheme based on the latest fad or a new gadget of his and achieving great success, only for it to always come crashing down on him at the end. Believe it or not, Kochikame is actually a very very important series to Jump history - it's immensely popular in Japan, to the point that real-life Japanese celebrities often made appearances in it. Although most of the characters never aged, the series always evolved with the times, often centering chapters around - and subtly mocking - recent trends or events in Japan. Interestingly enough, the chapters actually weren't numbered - each one was its own completely self-contained little story, which meant it was a lot more accessible than most other Jump series which you oftentimes have to, like, actually catch up to. This also allowed it to go for a really long time - it ran for 40 whole goddamn years, clocking in at 1,960 chapters and 200 volumes, until it finally ended in 2016. This makes it not just the longest-running series in Jump history, but one of the longest-running manga of all time. In fact, it's also the seventh highest-selling manga of all time, beating out such series as Demon Slayer, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Crayon Shin-chan, Attack on Titan and goddamn Astro Boy. It's gotten such things as an anime, three animated films, a live-action series, two live-action movies and several stage adaptations.

So Kochikame is generally just a very revered series within Jump's library of franchises. They went all out when it reached its 30th anniversary, with several special events being held, and it's a near-constant presence in Jump crossover games. In fact, the only notable large-scale Jump crossover game (so not counting stuff like Battle Stadium DON that's only supposed to cross over a select few properties) that Ryotsu has missed out on.....is Jump Force. J-Stars? He's there! The Jump Stars games on the DS? He's there! The two Jump crossover RPGs on the Famicom? He's there! The mobile games like Jumputi Heroes and Jikkyou Janjan Stadium? He's there! The obscure Game Boy quiz game Cult Jump? You bet your sweet bippy he's there.

So when looking at all this, I think I've made a good case for Ryotsu. Despite the regional barrier oftentimes preventing him from getting acknowledgement, he's a surprisingly iconic and important character to Jump history, and it definitely kinda weirds me out seeing the amount of rosters that omit him. He'd also just be a generally fun character that helps diversify our genre representation a bit more, but above all else, I feel he's genuinely too important to Jump to exclude, if we're putting special emphasis on their properties.

I'll admit also part of it is nostalgia cause the anime used to air where I live but LETS NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT-

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Jump: Genos (One Punch Man)

One Punch Man is a very popular manga and I was very tempted to choose Saitama. But he wouldn't work, since simply put, he'd be way too OP, as well as not having much moveset potential aside from punches. Genos, however, is still an important character with tons of moveset potential. A cyborg and an S-Rank hero, Genos seeks to defeat the cyborg that killed his family and got him turned into a cyborg. After being saved from a Mosquito villain by Saitama, Genos became the self-proclaimed disciple of the One Punch Man himself. Overall, Genos would be pretty neat.

Non-Jump: Meliodas

Meliodas is the demon protagonist of the Seven Deadly Sins, as well as the Dragon Sin of Wrath. To avoid spoiling, I'll just say that Meliodas became a Holy Knight of Liones, and to fight against the Ten Commandments, Meliodas gathered a group of six other individuals (Most of which have been accused of crimes and sentenced to death) to form the strongest rag-tag bunch of misfits in Brittania, the Seven Deadly Sins. You've got an immortal warrior, a very envious giant, an emotionless doll, a power-hungry mage, a shapeshifting fairy king who takes the form of a chubby man, and an honorable Holy Knight who's humble and frail during the day, but arrogant and extremely powerful during the day. Then, some years after the group is formed, they discover that the Chief Holy Knight has been turned into a human pincushion, and the Sins have been framed for the crime. 10 years later, the Sins have split up and are on the run. (Except for the immortal warrior, he's been captured.) Eventually, the Princess of Liones, Elizabeth, has tracked down Meliodas (Who is now working with a pig named Hawk) to round up the Deadly Sins again and liberate the kingdom, which has been taken over by tyrannical Holy Knights.

I'll leave it at that, that you for listenting to my TED Talk.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Jump Character:

Tanjiro Kamado

Tanjiro is the protagonist of Demon Slayer, a series in Shonen jump that became incredibly popular. Tanjiro has unique breathing techniques that effect how he swings his sword

Non-Jump:

Char Aznable

Char Aznable is a major villain in the Original Gundam Series and a main character in Zeta Gundam. Char pilots many mechs but most famously the Zaku II
Amazon.com: Bandai Spirits Hobby MS-06S Zaku II Char Aznable's Mobile Suit  Gundam (Red Comet Ver.) Gundam The Origin HG 1/144, Multi (BAS5057656) :  Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Char is a calculating and underhanded individual who would do anything to win. Gundam is a major franchise and representing in an anime crossover would be perfect and Char specifically has a large legacy in gundam and outside with the "Char Clone" archetype

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Jump
Light Yagami (Death Note) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Kenshiro (Fist Of The North Star) tonygameman tonygameman
Kankichi Ryotsu (Kochikame) Speed Weed Speed Weed
Genos (One Punch Man) Yiptap Yiptap
Tanjiro (Demon Slayer) cashregister9 cashregister9

Non-Jump
Doraemon (Doraemon) tonygameman tonygameman
Meliodas (Seven Deadly Sins) Yiptap Yiptap
Char Aznable (Gundam) cashregister9 cashregister9

Vote for your top 3 jump characters and your 1 favorite Non-jump character

you can vote for your own Jump character in second or third place, you cannot vote for your own Non-jump character

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Kankichi Ryotsu (you made a very good case back there. We need more comedy/gag-genre reps!)
2. Kenshiro
3. Genos

Non-Jump - Char Aznable (People really need to consider voting based on quality and research, rather than just a recognizable name)

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
When it comes to doraemonI think adding Both him and meiodas might be a good choice if they are place one and two but to be fair there might also be provs with Edward (who isnt in this vote) whos from one of the best anime of all time! thats the problem with crossovers so much cracters so little space!

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Well, since no one didn't make a Goku moveset for it's prompt yet, looks like I have to do everything myself. Most of his moves, especially Side Special, are based on both his base and Super Saiyan forms in Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Goku can briefly float in the air similarly to Peach in Smash. He also has a ki meter, which fills during the match over time, but can be filled faster by performing combos and holding down the Down Special like Cloud's Limit Charge. When fully filled, Goku can transform into his Kaio-ken/Super Saiyan forms by inputting the Down Special again.
  • Neutral Special:
    • Tap: Ki Blast Barrage - Goku thrusts his palm forward, firing a small, blue energy blast that travels a decent range before disappearing. When used on the ground, the blast travels straight forward and Goku quickly follows up with a second one after firing the first, when pressing the button twice. When used in the air, the blast travels diagonally downward and Goku will only fire one at a time, or two if the player presses a button again.
    • Hold: Kamehameha - Goku will charge up energy from his hands while saying "Kamehame...", before shouting "HA!" as he fires a straight, fast-traveling energy beam when releasing the button. He can aim it upwards if the control stick is moved up right before firing it and it can be aimed downwards in the air.
  • Side Special: Heavy Elbow/Dragon Flash Fist - Goku dashes forward with his elbow, which launches the opponent in-front of him. Moving the control stick back immediately after using it will make him move backwards before doing the elbow. When in his Super Saiyan form, Goku will perform an overhand punch while charging forward (covered in a golden dragon-shaped ki aura) instead, which does more damage than the regular move.
  • Up Special: Instant Transmission - Goku suddenly vanishes and then teleports a short distance in the direction inputted by the player's control stick at the time it is used, or he will teleport in place if no direction is held. Pressing the button right when re-appearing will make Goku deliver a follow-up kick to anyone close to him. Works as a combination to his Up Special in Super Smash Flash 2 and Palutena's Warp.
  • Down Special: Energy Charge/Kaio-ken - Goku will stand in place and charge up his ki, filling up his meter in the process (explained above). Once a meter is full, Goku will suddenly glow pink-ish red, gaining a boost in power, speed and defense. However, he will slowly take damage and cannot transform back unless he turns into a Super Saiyan or when KO'd.
    • Hold (after Kaio-ken): Super Saiyan - If Goku does enough damage in his Kaio-ken form and fills the meter once again, he will transform into a Super Saiyan. In this form, his strength and speed are further increased with self-damage having been nullified. Unlike Kaio-ken, which doesn't go out (hence self-damage), Goku will turn back to his base form after about 20 seconds, leaving himself wide open while catching his breath from all the power he just exerted.
  • Ultimate 1: Super/Warp Kamehameha - Goku turns into his Super Saiyan form and charges up the Kamehameha, before shooting a bigger and wider beam with multi-hit properties. While firing, he can angle the Kamehameha upwards or downwards similarly to Samus' Zero Laser. If an opponent attempts to attack Goku while he's charging, he will use Instant Transmission to quickly teleport behind them and then fire a Kamehameha like normally.
  • Ultimate 2: Meteor Combination - Goku charges forward with his elbow out. If he hits an opponent, he will attack them with a powerful barrage of kicks and punches, ending with a heavy punch to their stomach which paralyzes them into the ground. He then jumps up in the air and fires a Kamehameha down at the opponent.
  • Super Ultimate: Spirit Bomb - Goku performs a Solar Flare by summoning a short-ranged light flash around him. If opponents are hit by this attack, they will be stunned as Goku begins to raise his hands into the air, yelling "People of Earth! Lend me your energy!". Eventually, he gains enough energy to create a massive ball of energy, before lobbing it down upon opponents, blowing them up in process.
    • As Super Saiyan: Super Spirit Bomb - If Goku is in his Super Saiyan form after launching the Spirit Bomb, he will exclaim "See ya!" and push both of his hands into an energy ball, making it much larger before it explodes, doing way more damage. If an opponent's health is very low, they will be instantly KO'd.
Note: In my opinion, "Fighting Stars" from a certain good Shonen Jump fighting game called "J-Stars Victory VS" (better than Jump Force; even has gag and Shojo mangas), would return as a theme for this hypothetical project (I've seen many Smash-centric AMV videos). The name means even more since we have freedom for both Jump and non-Jump franchises.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Jump
Light Yagami (Death Note) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 7
Kenshiro (Fist Of The North Star) tonygameman tonygameman 18
Kankichi Ryotsu (Kochikame) Speed Weed Speed Weed 8
Genos (One Punch Man) Yiptap Yiptap 4
Tanjiro (Demon Slayer) cashregister9 cashregister9 5

Non-Jump
Doraemon (Doraemon) tonygameman tonygameman 3
Meliodas (Seven Deadly Sins) Yiptap Yiptap 2
Char Aznable (Gundam) cashregister9 cashregister9 2

Kenshiro and Doraemon will be added

and tonygameman tonygameman 's Goku moveset will be added by default.

Job 6

Submit a stage based on any of the series currently represented aside from Naruto

Job 7

Submit a Moveset for Luffy

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job 6

Submit a stage based on any of the series currently represented aside from Naruto.
Re-submitting this, a fitting stage for an another on-going job prompt (Luffy's moveset).

Job #6: New Shonen Jump Fighter-Represented Stage - Thousand Sunny (One Piece)

(a ship's anime design and stage layout respectively)

The second and current ship of Luffy's crew, the Straw Hat Pirates, which is a fairly big uneven stage and works certainly similar to it's appearance in Super Smash Flash 2, so pardon me on copy-pasting a little.

In the left portion, two huge crates are seen stacked on top of each other, with a plank serving as a slope next to them. On the right half of the stage, there are even more crates simply next to each other. Above them, there are two soft platforms one above the other, with the one on top being fairly long. The left ledge is located at one of the crates, making it oddly tall and difficulting some characters' recoveries.

Assuming that we're having only one character per series akin to PlayStation All-Stars (which would be more fair, rather than over-filling a roster with Dragon Ball/JoJo characters), the Straw Hat Pirates themselves, such as Zoro, Sanji, Nami, Usopp, Franky, Nico Robin, Brook, Jinbe and Chopper appear as background cameos, who all strike a pose (except Zoro, who's sleeping next to his three swords) when someone gets KO'd.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
While only special and ultimate moves are necessary, thanks to One Piece being over 1000 chapters/episodes in both manga & anime, Luffy has dozens of techniques in his fighting style, so it was a bit harder to decide on which move is more fitting unlike Goku's (who was easier to make for) and this is like my first time making a full moveset here because of that.

Imagine this as a template for additional stuff besides special/ultimate moves, if you want to use them in future moveset prompts.
Gomu Gomu no/Gum-Gum are always in move names, so I only write those after these words except for specials. People know how they're going.
  • Jab: Pistol - Luffy stretches his right arm while punching, and then performs a second straight punch with his left fist.
  • Rapid Jab: Gatling - Luffy performs a series of rapid punches. At the punch chain's ending, he will end the combo with another, more powerful, long-ranged punch.
  • Side Tilt:
    • Light: Stamp - Luffy kicks forwards while stretching his leg out.
    • Strong (Smash): Rifle - Luffy punches straight forward while twisting his arm, then quickly untwists it for multiple hits.
  • Up Tilt:
    • Light: Submarine - Luffy stretches his right arm and then performs an uppercut.
    • Strong: Battle Axe - A two-part attack (similarly to Link's), in which Luffy stretches one leg upwards into the air while kicking. Pressing the button will make him slam it back down in a stomp.
  • Down Tilt:
    • Light - Luffy performs a simple low stretching kick while crouching.
    • Strong: Whip - Luffy stretches his leg while performing a sweep kick as he slowly rotates, hitting on both sides.
  • Dash Attack:
    • Light: Bullet - Luffy punches forward with his stretched fist while running.
    • Strong: Cannon - While dashing, Luffy performs a flurry of quick punches similarly to his Rapid Jab, before stopping with a close-ranged double palm strike.
  • Neutral Air: (since we have a usual Smash affair with NASB's strong attacks)
    • Light: Pistol - Same as his regular jab attack, except that Luffy performs it in the air.
    • Strong: Fireworks - Luffy spins around rapidly, unleashing a barrage of punches and kicks all around him while rolling like a rubber ball.
  • Forward Air:
    • Light: Luffy raises both of his fists and then performs a double axe handle.
    • Strong: Gavel - Luffy performs a front flip with his outstretched legs, grabbing the opponent and throwing them downwards, acting as a command grab.
  • Back Air:
    • Light - Luffy simply kicks his left leg backwards while stretching it.
    • Strong: Sumo Slap - Luffy enlarges his hand and then thrusts it behind him with a open gesture.
  • Up Air:
    • Light: Flail - Luffy spins his right arm above him at high speeds like a helicopter rotor.
    • Strong: Whip - Luffy swings his outstretched leg upwards in a wide arc above him.
  • Down Air:
    • Light: Spear - Luffy stretches both feet downwards to kick opponents below him, meteor-smashing them onto the ground.
    • Strong: Battle Axe - Same as his Up Smash, except that Luffy only performs it's second part instead by swiping his stretched leg downwards.
  • Grab: Rocket - Luffy stretches both of his arms forward. If he makes contact with an opponent, he will drag himself towards them. Also works as a tether recovery.
  • Pummel: Munch-Munch - Luffy bites the opponent in their head while holding them.
  • Forward Throw: Bell - Luffy stretches his head backwards and then performs a headbutt, sending the opponent flying forward away.
  • Back Throw: Sickle - Luffy goes behind the opponent by quickly stretching his arm and then clothes-lines them backwards.
  • Up Throw: Bow Gun - Luffy repeatedly twists his torso vertically around his hips before grasping the opponent with his feet and then rapidly untwisting, sending them flying upwards.
  • Down Throw: Gavel - Luffy wraps his legs around the opponent and then launches them into the air, before slamming them back down.
Special/Ultimate Moves:
For his gimmick, if Luffy's at a disadvantage like having higher damage percentage or less stocks akin to Sephiroth's Winged Form, he will activate the Gear Second to slightly increase his speed and power by 1.25 for the rest of his stock, unless he uses Conqueror's Haki.
  • Shield Special (in Gear Second): Conqueror's Haki - Luffy summons a massive shockwave around himself that stuns opponents and sends them flying, similarly to Hero's Magic Burst. Once Luffy uses this move, the Gear Second will immediately end and cannot be activated again until he's KO'd.
  • Neutral Special: Gomu Gomu no Red Hawk - Luffy hardens his arm with Haki as he rears it back while igniting in flames. He then charges forward, performing a flaming punch which causes a explosion upon contact with an opponent. Works a bit similar to Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch.
  • Side Special: Gomu Gomu no Bazooka - Luffy pulls both of his arms behind him and then hurls them far forward in-front of him, performing a long-reaching double palm strike. Holding the button will make him extend his arms even further and increase the move's damage.
  • Up Special: Gomu Gomu no UFO - Luffy winds up his body and then quickly spins his legs around like a propeller, flying straight upwards vertically a great distance before falling down in a free-fall state. He can move either left or right while rising.
  • Down Special: Gomu Gomu no Balloon - Luffy puffs himself up like a balloon, briefly gaining super armor and pushing opponents away. He also does a small jump after finishing the move as he deflates. He can also use this move to deflect projectiles back and even slowly float to recover horizontally when performed in the air.
  • Ultimate 1: Gomu Gomu no Storm - Luffy inflates his torso with Gomu Gomu no Balloon, while twisting himself around and then suddenly untwists himself, launching himself forward with a flurry of gatling punches in a spiraling motion. His movement can be freely directed around with the control stick during a move.
  • Ultimate 2: Gomu Rush - Luffy does a pose before performing a fast & powerful combo, which consists of Gomu Gomu no Gatling as a starting move, following up with Gomu Gomu no Bullet and then finishes with a double Gomu Gomu no Bazooka (the second one is delayed and does high knockback). Based on his 4-koma Special Move A, which was present in both Jump Super Stars and Jump Ultimate Stars.
  • Super Ultimate: Gomu Gomu no King Kong Gun - Luffy starts the move by using Conqueror's Haki to create a black line of sight in-front of him, paralyzing any opponent within range. He then coats and inflates his arm to embue Haki into his body by turning his muscles huge, entering his Gear Fourth form before rushing towards opponents and sending them flying into the air, soaring up next to them. He then compresses his fist into his forearm to make it much larger. After reeling it back while shouting "Gomu Gomu no... KING KONG GUN!!!", he then delivers a huge, powerful long-ranged punch, which sends every caught opponent far away off the stage as Japanese text splashes out and Luffy turns back to normal.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
tonygameman tonygameman 's Thousand Sunny and Luffy Moveset win by default

Job 8

Submit an Item

Items work exactly like how they do in smash

I am also accepting Submissions for Komas and Cells. These will act as a collectible and they are specific Anime Frames and Specific Manga Panels. Each one also has a special effect tied to it and can be equipped in battle.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
While I have nothing in mind for Komas and Cells thus far (which I believe would be free-time submissions akin to artworks, VMU RPG mooks and Capsule Toys in Speed Weed Speed Weed 's Battle of AGES), I decided to submit a Dragon Ball item myself. I originally intended for the namesake artifacts, but decided for something else in case we'll add those for later with existing stuff as wishes.

Job #8: New Item - Power Pole (Dragon Ball)

The Power Pole is a magical weapon, which Goku wielded back in the early times of the Dragon Ball manga, when he was a young kid before things went all "epic anime battles" and it focused on it's "Journey to the West" roots. It was owned by Korin and is able to change it's length to attack far-away opponents during fights when the user wills it, which was originally intended to use for climbing from Korin Tower to Kami's Lookout above the clouds, being long enough to extend into the moon as seen in the manga chapter "Carrot Top" and an anime episode "Boss Rabbit's Magic Touch".

In Anime All-Stars, it may work pretty much similarly to melee & battering items in the Super Smash Bros. series like Beam Sword, Fan, Killing Edge, etc., allowing the player to perform quick, pole swipes in place of their normal attacks when they pick it up. When using strong attacks, it will grow in size and increase the attack range when a player uses it while doing stronger swings. They can also throw it towards opponents as a spinning projectile.

Last edited:
Job 9:
STORY MODE (Anime Allstars Multi-Versus Evil Forces)
(The name's kinda punny)

The Gamemode is actually story mode. It acts like World of Light, Subspace Emmisary and Melee Adventure Mode, where you travel through Anime worlds and levels, where you fight with Corrupted Opponents, which are the characters in the Roster.
There are Bosses from Anime Series like Beerus or BlackBeard that you need to face them.
There are some Platform-type levels like in Melee and Brawl. During way of your Journey through Anime-Verse, you can collect Komas and Cells related to Anime.

The Final Boss of story mode will be Akira Toriyama, who acts like Master Hand, Crazy Hand and Polygon Man from PSABR, who wants to corrupt all Anime Characters except Deku, who is the Main character of story mode and he needs to save his friends from Akira Toriyama.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #9: New Gamemode - Arcade Mode

It's exactly what a title said on the tin, so this part will get quite simple to tell here. It is a traditional arcade mode which consists of multiple normal rounds (up to like 8 rounds), with a bonus mini-game as the fourth round and the seventh one being a rivalry fight with a preceding cutscene akin to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (match-ups like Goku/Astro Boy for our legit "Sonic vs. Mario/Mega Man" counterpart, Lupin/Ryotsu as a typical "cop-vs-criminal" fight or Luffy as heroic monkey-faced thieves, Naruto/Deku, Ichigo/Guts, Ryuko Matoi/Devilman, Kenshiro/Jotaro, Spike/Harlock hence Vicious, Doraemon/Arale, Sailor Moon/Seiya, Tetsuo/Shinji, Joe Shimamura/Casshan, etc. - sorry if I went overboard, but there's lots of possibilities) and a following final round being the boss battle against one of the various bosses (like Perfect Cell, Dio Brando, Pluto from Astro Boy, Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon, Ryo Asuka/Satan from Devilman, Berserk's Griffith, etc.).

After the boss fight, a crossover ending with various other anime series besides the player's controlled character will play, drawn in colored panels similarly to a typical manga storyboard. They are based on those from Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds and it's "Ultimate" update, such as (pardon me for un-confirmed characters, just wrote these for potential ideas):
  • To ensure peace throughout the multiverse, Atom/Astro Boy formed a Justice League-like robotic superhero team consisting of himself as a leader, Joe Shimamura (Cyborg 009 - Tezuka mentored Ishinomori and had their own exhibit; literally quite fast as heck), Doraemon (as a reference to Atom Cat from the manga and a 2019 cartoon), Cutie Honey (as she is an android and a female member would be necessary), Casshan (also known as Casshern from the same-named anime - he's quite badass and another Mega Man inspiration), Mazinger Z and Shinji Ikari piloting the Evangelion Unit-01, similarly to Nova's ending in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
  • Joe Shimamura and Francoise Arnoul meets up with Casshan, his sidekick Friender and partner Luna Kozuki, before they got involved in a suddenly happening nuclear war close by and faced the one who started it, Casshan's arch-enemy, the Braiking Boss, with his mechanical minions.
    • This references both characters' similarities for being teenager-like cyborg heroes with quick reflexes when it comes to speed, who were originally built to serve their enemies (at least in a reboot, Casshern Sins, for latter). Would be brought up if Casshan becomes a fighter with his moveset/aspects from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
  • Doraemon and Nobita Nobi getting into a huge, gag-filled shenanigan with Arale Norimaki in Penguin Village, as a reference to their shared manga genre and both being robots.
  • Tetsuo Shima (from Akira) facing off the Z-Fighters in a destructive battle, overpowering them due to his legitimately terrifying powers, until Beerus shows up, declaring that there's only one god to exist in "this part of the multiverse", starting up their un-resolved fight.
  • Kankichi Ryotsu teaming up with Koichi Zenigata in attempt to capture Arsene Lupin III, but they both ended up failing due to their incompetentness (considering how things go to Ryotsu in both manga/anime incarnations of Kochikame, and Zenigata being mostly bumbling in animes, compared to his more serious self in Monkey Punch's original manga - they also made a crossover together once).
  • Gin (from Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin - a essay), with the help of Inuyasha (as a half-demon/half-dog), San and her wolves from Princess Mononoke as an army (some Studio Ghibli representation would be appreciated), prepares to face up a demonic bear Akakabuto, who is apparently revived and now much bigger with some essence from the death side of Forest Spirit.
  • Spike Spiegel, Jet Black and Faye Valentine getting involved with a few space pirates like Captain Harlock, Cobra (from Space Adventure Cobra) and their crews (those of the Arcadia - one of anime's coolest spaceships; and Lady Armaroid respectively).
When a credits scene is over, the player will be awarded with unlockables such as a new fighter, an alternate non-palette costume or a clip of an anime show/film such as Atom facing Frankenstein in the 1980 series, Joe escaping from an atomic bomb explosion, a car chase in The Castle of Cagliostro, Devilman fighting Psycho Jenny, Goku's first time transforming into a Super Saiyan during his battle against Frieza, Luffy finishing off Rob Lucci, Akira's iconic motorcycle scene, Usagi's first transformation as Sailor Moon, etc. A latter award type is based on unlockable episodes in the PlayStation 2 version of Cartoon Network Racing.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 9:
STORY MODE (Anime Allstars Multi-Versus Evil Forces)
(The name's kinda punny)

The Gamemode is actually story mode. It acts like World of Light, Subspace Emmisary and Melee Adventure Mode, where you travel through Anime worlds and levels, where you fight with Corrupted Opponents, which are the characters in the Roster.
There are Bosses from Anime Series like Beerus or BlackBeard that you need to face them.
There are some Platform-type levels like in Melee and Brawl. During way of your Journey through Anime-Verse, you can collect Komas and Cells related to Anime.

The Final Boss of story mode will be Akira Toriyama, who acts like Master Hand, Crazy Hand and Polygon Man from PSABR, who wants to corrupt all Anime Characters except Deku, who is the Main character of story mode and he needs to save his friends from Akira Toriyama.
Job #9: New Gamemode - Arcade Mode

It's exactly what a title said on the tin, so this part will get quite simple to tell here. It is a traditional arcade mode which consists of multiple normal rounds (up to like 8 rounds), with a bonus mini-game as the fourth round and the seventh one being a rivalry fight with a preceding cutscene akin to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (match-ups like Goku/Astro Boy for our legit "Sonic vs. Mario/Mega Man" counterpart, Lupin/Luffy or Spike, Naruto/Deku, etc.) and a following final round being the boss battle against one of the various bosses (like Perfect Cell, Dio Brando, Pluto from Astro Boy, Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon, Ryo Asuka/Satan from Devilman, Berserk's Griffith, etc.).

After the boss fight, a crossover ending with various other anime series besides the player's controlled character will play, drawn in colored panels similarly to a typical manga storyboard. They are based on those from Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds and it's "Ultimate" update, such as (pardon me for un-confirmed characters, just wrote these for potential ideas):
  • To ensure peace throughout the multiverse, Atom/Astro Boy formed a Justice League-like robotic superhero team consisting of himself as a leader, Joe Shimamura (Cyborg 009 - Tezuka mentored Ishinomori and had their own exhibit; literally quite fast as heck), Doraemon (as a reference to Atom Cat from the manga and a 2019 cartoon), Cutie Honey (as she is an android and a female member would be necessary), Casshan (also known as Casshern from the same-named anime - he's quite badass and another Mega Man inspiration), Mazinger Z and Shinji Ikari piloting the Evangelion Unit-01, similarly to Nova's ending in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
  • Joe Shimamura and Francoise Arnoul(003 in codename) meets up with Casshan, his sidekick Friender and partner Luna Kozuki, before they got involved in a suddenly happening nuclear war close by and faced the one who started it, Casshan's arch-enemy, the Braiking Boss, with his mechanical minions.
    • This references both characters' similarities for being teenager-like cyborg heroes with quick reflexes when it comes to speed, who were originally built to serve their enemies (at least in a reboot, Casshern Sins, for latter).
  • Doraemon and Nobita Nobi getting into a huge, gag-filled shenanigan with Arale Norimaki in Penguin Village, as a reference to their shared manga genre and both being robots.
  • Tetsuo Shima (from Akira) facing off the Z-Fighters in a destructive battle, overpowering them due to his legitimately terrifying powers, until Beerus shows up, declaring that there's only one god to exist in "this part of the multiverse", starting up their un-resolved fight.
  • Kankichi Ryotsu teaming up with Koichi Zenigata in attempt to capture Arsene Lupin III, but they both ended up failing due to their incompetentness (considering how things go to Ryotsu in both manga/anime incarnations of Kochikame, and Zenigata being mostly bumbling in animes, compared to his more serious self in Monkey Punch's original manga - they also made a crossover together once).
  • Gin (from Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin - a essay), with the help of Inuyasha (as a half-demon/half-dog), San and her wolves from Princess Mononoke as an army (some Studio Ghibli representation would be appreciated), prepares to face up a demonic bear Akakabuto, who is apparently revived and now much bigger with some essence from the death side of Forest Spirit.
  • Spike Spiegel, Jet Black and Faye Valentine getting involved with a few space pirates like Captain Harlock, Cobra (from Space Adventure Cobra) and their crews (those of the Arcadia - one of anime's coolest spaceships; and Lady Armaroid respectively).
When a credits scene is over, the player will be awarded with unlockables such as a new fighter, an alternate non-palette costume or a clip of an anime show/film such as Atom facing Frankenstein in the 1980 series, a car chase in The Castle of Cagliostro, Goku's first time transforming into a Super Saiyan during his battle against Frieza, Luffy finishing off Rob Lucci, Akira's iconic motorcycle scene, etc. A latter award type is based on unlockable episodes in the PlayStation 2 version of Cartoon Network Racing.

NON-RELATED NOTE: Well, all you could've done was writing only special/ultimate move names with a link on details/explanations. cashregister9 cashregister9

VOTE HERE

Job 10

Submit a character

it's 1 character but it does not matter if it's Shonen Jump or not

Job 11

Submit a moveset for Naruto

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Job 10: Gon Freecss
1637259561926.png

Gon is the protagonist of Hunter x Hunter, one of Shonen Jump's darkest series and in this day and age one of its most popular thanks to the stellar 2011 anime adaptation. Gon is a 12 year old boy who strives to become a Hunter in order to find his father, another famous Hunter, and along the way meets many friends and foes, some of which eventually push him to his breaking point.

Gon is an extremely popular character due to being a unique twist on the Shonen protagonist trope and is a staple of Jump crossover fighters, not missing out on a single one since Jump Super Stars. With HxH's mainstream popularity it would make a lot of sense to include him in a game that's all about anime characters duking it out.

He would utilize Nen abilities such as Jajanken like in his home series.

Job 10:
Panty and Stocking (Not-shonen)

Panty and Stocking are main characters from their series of same name. They're fallen angels and they need to redeem themselves with killing other souls. They got assisted by Gartenbelt, who is alive human in afro. Their rival is Kneesocks, who also is a rival for them.

They could have moveset potential like being Pythra fighter and they could use Gun or Katanas to fight like in anime series. They could be toned down, since they could use real guns and katanas instead of clothes for fighting.

D

Deleted member

Ryuko Matoi

A more recent addition this time. Ryuko is the main protagnist of the popular Kill La Kill series. A transfer student welding half of a sizor blade and a special transforming uniform. KLK was entirely popular for a time, and is still looked at fondly. She would be a great rep for Studio Trigger.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #10: New Character - Sailor Moon (Non-Jump)

Thus far, almost every current fighter in our roster are all men (male), so why not add in a female character?

Sailor Moon is the eponymous protagonist of the 1991 shōjo manga series written by Naoko Takeuchi for Kodansha. It is known as one of the most recognized and iconic manga series of all time, and got many stuff such as a 5 season-long anime show the following year (1992), films/OVAs, a myriad of merchandise, live-action spin-offs, musicals, video games and a reboot under the name of Sailor Moon Crystal.

The series follows Usagi Tsukino, a lazy schoolgirl, who discovers that she is actually a reincarnation of Princess Serenity, the heir to the Silver Millennium that ruled the solar system, leading a group of comrades, the Sailor Guardians, as they battle against villains to prevent the theft of a magical artifact, Silver Crystal, and the destruction of the solar system.

The franchise also revolutionized the "magical girl" genre and generated $13 billion in worldwide merchandise sales. As of today, the series is still highly growing up and remembered as a classic. Much like how Goku (or Astro Boy) and Joe Shimamura can be seen as anime counterparts of Superman and The Flash respectively, Sailor Moon is often compared with Wonder Woman.

For her moveset potential, Usagi/Sailor Moon has multiple techniques (at notable attacks/techniques) for both physically and zoning, able to perform kicks and body slams on a former type. She can also turn her tiara into a light disk and toss it like a boomerang (Moon Tiara Action), cry loud enough to release supersonic waves out of her odango covers (Sonic Cry), encase herself inside a energy bubble while floating (Sailor Planet Attack), fire a light beam from her tiara's gem stone (Moon Twilight Flash), unleash an array of spiraling glass shard-like rainbow light projectiles (Moon Gorgeous Meditation), etc. Finally, she can transform into her previous incarnation, Princess Serenity, and summon the rest of Inner and Outer Sailor Guardians to finish up opponents in a powerful unison attack.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Non-Jump: Meliodas

Meliodas is the demon protagonist of the Seven Deadly Sins, as well as the Dragon Sin of Wrath. To avoid spoiling, I'll just say that Meliodas became a Holy Knight of Liones, and to fight against the Ten Commandments, Meliodas gathered a group of six other individuals (Most of which have been accused of crimes and sentenced to death) to form the strongest rag-tag bunch of misfits in Brittania, the Seven Deadly Sins. You've got an immortal warrior, a very envious giant, an emotionless doll, a power-hungry mage, a shapeshifting fairy king who takes the form of a chubby man, and an honorable Holy Knight who's humble and frail during the night, but arrogant and extremely powerful during the day. Then, some years after the group is formed, they discover that the Chief Holy Knight has been turned into a human pincushion, and the Sins have been framed for the crime. 10 years later, the Sins have split up and are on the run. (Except for the immortal warrior, he's been captured.) Eventually, the Princess of Liones, Elizabeth, has tracked down Meliodas (Who is now working with a pig named Hawk) to round up the Deadly Sins again and liberate the kingdom, which has been taken over by tyrannical Holy Knights.

I'll leave it at that, that you for listenting to my TED Talk.
Resubmitting Meliodas.

Also, unrelated, but we're getting some pretty good submissions!

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Unlike Luffy, I'm going back to working on just special and ultimate moves for Naruto right now. I know you other guys/users has creativity to come up with movesets, as well.
Special/Ultimate Moves:
  • Shield Special: Chakra Charge/Nine-Tails Chakra Mode - Similarly to Cloud's Limit Charge, Naruto will charge up his chakra as a bar appears above his damage percentage. After 6 seconds has passed un-interrupted, Naruto will assume the Nine-Tails Chakra Mode, changing some of his normal attacks to claw slashes and increasing his speed/strength stats for a short period of time.
  • Neutral Special: Rasengan/Rasenshuriken - Naruto slightly puts his right hand back and starts to charge a blue ball of spinning chakra before thrusting it forward, detonating when it comes in contact with an opponent, with its size and power depending on how long the button was held. When performed in the air, Naruto can direct it downwards with the control stick. When fully charged, the Rasengan becomes Rasenshuriken (which is indicated by floating chakra rings around Naruto), which he throws as a projectile instead, doing less damage but having more knockback.
  • Side Special: Uzumaki Barrage - Naruto summons a Shadow Clone and then tosses them forward at the opponent. If hit, another Shadow Clone will pop out from the ground and uppercut the opponent into the air, before a final Shadow Clone appears above them and kicks straight into the ground with a powerful axe kick, which can meteor-smash aerial opponents.
  • Up Special: Flying Raijin Jutsu - Naruto tosses the Flying Raijin kunai upwards and teleports into the air. When Naruto grabs the kunai, he performs a swiping upwards kick above his head in an arc form. The kunai can sometimes pass through opponents and even spike them.
  • Down Special: Substitution Jutsu - Naruto performs a hand sign while posing. If he's attacked when he's doing hand signs, Naruto will disappear and reveal a log dummy of himself, before re-appearing behind the opponent and hits them with a roundhouse kick, sending them flying. Works similar to Greninja's Down Special.
  • Ultimate 1: Tailed Beast Bomb - Naruto turns into his Nine-Tails Chakra Mode form and charges up chakra in his mouth, before firing a huge sphere/ball-shaped chakra projectile at opponents, which travels forward a considerable distance before letting out a powerful explosion, acting as a stronger version of Sephiroth's Gigaflare.
  • Ultimate 2: Sage Art: Massive Rasengan Barrage - Naruto activates his Sage Mode and then summons multiple Shadow Clones with each of them holding a Rasengan. They then expand their Rasengans into Massive Rasengan and simultaneously strike opponents right in-front of Naruto on the ground, heavily damaging them, similarly to Hulk's Gamma Crush in the Marvel vs. Capcom series.
  • Super Ultimate: Six Paths: Massive Rasenshuriken - Naruto transforms into his Six Paths Sage Mode form and hits the opponent with Kurama’s Tailed Beast Mode tails. If hit, he then goes into his Kurama state and creates two Shadow Clones which merge into the original, creating a three-faced Kurama with a six-armed construct. In it's left arms, Naruto creates a Tailed Beast Ball Rasenshuriken and it's right, he creates a Wind Release: Massive Rasenshuriken. Naruto throws both of them at the same time, fusing them together to form the Six Paths: Massive Rasenshuriken, creating a massive explosion which turns into a black hole-like vortex.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Edward Elric / Characters - TV Tropes

One of the protagonists in one of the most popular anime. Ed would use alchemy

Gon Freecs (HunterxHunter) Jondolio Jondolio
Panty & Stocking (Panty & Stocking) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Ryuko Matoi (Kill La Kill) @Darkonedagger
Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon) tonygameman tonygameman
Meliodas (Seven Deadly Sins) Yiptap Yiptap
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) cashregister9 cashregister9

Vote for your top 3, voting is ranked, you can vote for your own in second or third place.

tonygameman tonygameman 's Naruto Moveset Wins!

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm definitely voting for Saitama (One Punch Man) His op gimmick can easily be limited to a Final Smash attack while his regular moveset can consist of nerfed and generic punches and kicks and headbutts. Its simple. Genos would also be brilliant tho.

Gon Freecss also has my vote. And Edward.

For stages:

Kame House (DBZ)
World Tree (Hunter X Hunter)
Mirror World (One Piece)

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I'm definitely voting for Saitama (One Punch Man) His op gimmick can easily be limited to a Final Smash attack while his regular moveset can consist of nerfed and generic punches and kicks and headbutts. Its simple. Genos would also be brilliant tho.

Gon Freecss also has my vote. And Edward.

For stages:

Kame House (DBZ)
World Tree (Hunter X Hunter)
Mirror World (One Piece)
Umm... Saitama isn't submitted in this job, and you probably mistaked stage submissions for a Jump Stars 3 thread, which we don't have a job about right now.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Umm... Saitama isn't submitted in this job, and you probably mistaked stage submissions for a Jump Stars 3 thread, which we don't have a job about right now.
Sign Figures. I'll just leave them up for early sayings.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Gon Freecs (HunterxHunter) Jondolio Jondolio 3
Panty & Stocking (Panty & Stocking) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 2
Ryuko Matoi (Kill La Kill) @Darkonedagger 5
Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon) tonygameman tonygameman 10
Meliodas (Seven Deadly Sins) Yiptap Yiptap 5
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) cashregister9 cashregister9 5

Sailor Moon will be added

Job 11

Submit a Jump Support character and a non jump support

I've decided to combine Supports and Helpers as that distinction was more complicated than necessary, they are both just Supports.

Job 12

Submit a moveset for Ichigo and Astro Boy

Top Bottom