• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: An "Other" Fighting Game

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
1. Miscellaneous Melee
2. Outlier Encounters
3. All This and the Kitchen Sink

Baysha

Smash Ace
Misc Melee 18
Outlier Encounters 14
Weirdo Wrumble 6
All This and the Kitchen Sink 9
Icon Riot 1

Votes have closed! The title for the game shall be "Miscellaneous Melee"! As for controls... Uh... I should've probably specified this but voting for the controls was also open. Therefore, this game will have absolutely no controls whatsoever. It shall just be a title screen you can't even exit out of. So voting for the controls are still open. Anyways another job is open too. Which is,

Job #5: Submit a recent character (2015 or newer)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm almost certain this job will end up being won by a literal meme rep, so best to take a second chance with Two-Eyed Mike
Job 1: 89
There's near-unlimited potential here, feels right to take on Smash directly.

Job 2: Two-Eyed Mike

A literal meme rep - something considered too weird for even PCC - Two-Eyed Mike's moveset would be based on "normie" reaction gifs and memes - fitting a character associated with reactions, his moveset would primarily be counters, reflectors, absorbers, shield breakers, and other moves specifically tailored for reacting to certain scenarios.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Did you ever click on a YouTube video, hoping to hear your favourite tunes, but found yourself bamboozled? Was your Wii Shop smelling of Hotline Bling, or was your beloved Super Mario 64 Slider track infested with the Flintstones? Well, it's time you...

Character Name: SiIvaGunner
Character Origin:
YouTube
Character Debut: January 9th, 2016.
Character Title: The Highest Quality Ripper of All!

"I only upload high quality rips."

Look, if we want a trickster character beyond anything anyone would have expected, then SiivaGunner is the way to go. Despite the Siiva mythos dating back to 2008, the specific version we're using is the more commonly known one - SiivaGunner, as of Chaze the Chat's 2016 reboot (ergo, making it elegible for the job.)

Siiva's overall playstyle works a lot like his rips. They're designed to lure you in, make you nice and comfortable... and then pull the rug out from under you - the perfect bait and switch. As such, his overall style is somewhat like that - a trapper of sorts with a lot of weird and bizarre hitboxes. Oh, and that doesn't even get into some of his attacks.

All of his attacks would utilise prominent memes in the Siiva mythos. Perhaps his Up Smash could have "Grand Dad" leaping upward with a powerful strike - his Up Special could have him use Inspector Gadget's helicopter hat, or he could even have a unique shield in the form of "Wood Man's" very nice >:] Leaf Shield. All of Siiva's little in-jokes and memes are here in full force, I assure you.

You want Chip tha Ripper, Angry Joe, Green de la Bean, The Nutshack and Love Live all represented in one, single, incredibly bizarre and overall nightmarishly complex character in the form of a Greek-era bust of Antinous, complete with a text-to-speech voice to boot? Well here he is - the Mr. Game and Watch of ****ty, slightly obscure internet in-jokes about a Swedish man screaming at a bootleg NES cart and a physical embodiment of Unregistered Hypercam 2.

Hope that was a nice read. >:]

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
This was a result of my great research of looking at the Wikipedia categories for "Fictional characters that debuted in [insert eligible year here]" and whittling the already short lists down to what was eligible. I almost did Chiitan, Big Shaq...uhh...Pizza Rat...Dancing Hot Dog...alright, once I saw this guy, I knew all other options (except maybe Big Shaq) paled in comparison.
1647025852582.png

From Wikipedia: "Count Binface is a satirical political candidate created by the British comedian Jonathan Harvey in 2018.[1] He was a candidate for Uxbridge and South Ruislip in the 2019 United Kingdom general election against prime minister Boris Johnson. He also stood in the 2021 London mayoral election."

Previously, he was Lord Buckethead, who was also a character from a 1984 sci-fi comedy called Hyperspace. But after a copyright dispute, he changed over to being Count Binface. So he's eligible for this thread. As both a cosmic villain and a political candidate, and also having a trashcan for a head, there's no telling what he could bring to the table. Based on his released platforms under both guises, he can banish people to the Phantom Zone, send out bicycles, nuclear submarines, and laser weaponry, as well as blast children into outer space, which I suppose is related to the Phantom Zone thing. There is also the political party he was previously a part of, so maybe something works from that, as well? I don't know.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
The Grubhub Dad (Grubhub)
D309BD38-18A0-4EAD-BEFD-9DA3A6E05584.jpeg

The Grubhub Dad (AKA The Dad or The Boogieman) is the main character in Grubhub’s Delivery Dance ad. The Grubhub Dad’s moveset could basically involve him dancing and using food as a weapon. Maybe eating the food could give Grubhub Dad special powers. He could even bring along more characters from the Grubhub Universe to help him fight, like The Child and Pregnant Lady.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hard DK

Hard DK is a recurring character(?) in the YouTube channel Alpharad. Hard DK originated as a very annoying, very funny CPU when Alpha and his friends played Super Mario Party, and when he got a DK amiibo for SSBU, he named it Hard DK after the Mario Party CPU. It quickly became the most popular single amiibo, taking out random players and pros left and right.
I just think it would be funny to have an expressionless twelve dollar plastic toy as a fighter in this game.
Resubmitting Hard DK from the YT Smash thread.

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. SiIvaGunner
2. Count Binface
3. Left Shark

I like sharks, I guess. That’s my only real reason for my third place.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Count Binface. (I think that representing weird British political figures, such as Count Binface, Lord Buckethead, and perhaps other gems such as Elmo, The Incredible Flying Brick and Mr. Fishfinger, is such an off-the-wall but retroactively genius "series" for this kind of game to represent.)

2. Grubhub Dad. (As well as representing advertising as a whole, I think it'd be really cool to draw from literally every aspect of the famous advert in order to truly represent Grubhub. Maybe have him toss the child as a projectile?)

3. SiivaGunner. (At this point, I think Siiva is an iconic part of YouTube history that it'd be a grave mistake not to reference. Binface and Grubhub Dad are amazing, brilliant concepts - but I'd stick with Siiva despite it being a self-vote.)

D

Deleted member

Slender Man Stage:

scary-woods-at-night-scary-woods-photo-dark-woods-mysterious.jpg

Dark Woods
The generic scary woods from every horror film and story you've ever seen. The place you definitely shouldn't go but they all seem to do. A pretty normal flat stage, but sometimes it seems as if the stage shifts around you. Features background cameos from monsters fron folklore, urban legends and modern creepy pastas.

Last edited by a moderator:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Stage Name: The Playground.
Stage Origin: Various Slender Man images
Stage "Series": Slender Man.

1647279787364.png
1647279803061.png

Based on the concept of various images seen at the birth of Slender Man as merely a Trevor Henderson edit, the stage takes place on what appears to be a circa-1960s era playground, completely in black and white (with the exceptions of the players, in order that you can tell their alts apart.) Despite Slender Man himself being playable, other notable Henderson creations will feature from time to time in the background - including Siren Head and Cartoon Cat amongst others.

I know it's probably not as recognisable as say, the Dark Woods (made famous from the Slenderman game), but I think this would be a really fun way to call to the urban legend's roots, as well as letting Slender Man's presence more broadly represent the entire Trevor Henderson mythos to a certain extent.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Submissions have closed! Dream house wins by default. Vote for either dark woods or the playground for Slender-Man. Voting for controls is still open, so vote for them whenever you get around to it...

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
And with the single vote of MVP, super cool, and all-around neat person, Janx_uwu, we finally have the control scheme of Ultimate.

Multiplayer Mode: Soccer Showdown
Inspired by Lethal League. You cannot directly attack the opponent, but there is a soccer ball onstage, which has quite a bit of weight to it (much easier to aim and set up shots with than Ultimate's soccer ball). Attacking it causes it to fly in the knockback angle of that attack. It deals damage and knockback if it hits an opponent, the damage and knockback (as well as the launch speed/distance) of the ball relate to the strength of the attack it was hit with. Opponents can hit it back, and hitboxes trump hurtboxes in this mode. Objective is still the same as usual, hit your opponent until you can use a strong enough attack to take their stock, though now your means of doing so are just more limited. (You can still footstool them for the kill though if you want to be funny). If you hit the soccer ball offstage it respawns closest to whoever didn't hit it offstage.

Baysha

Smash Ace
There's a tire between the two modes. So both will be added. Now,

Submit an assist character.

Top Bottom