• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: An "Other" Fighting Game

Baysha

Smash Ace
Y'know Pop Culture Clash? Well this is basically that thread, but all* of the characters are from the "other" category. This means a fighting game featuring characters from across all media that is not comics, cartoons, anime/manga, live action tv/movies, video games, or books. This is sure to be a weird one!

*I may decide to allow characters from the other categories. But they'll have to be limited to the weird ones and restricted to very few and far between jobs.

(Characters and other content to be put here later)

AlRex

Smash Lord
Oh hey! This should be neat. I'll submit one here (that may or may not end up in Pop Culture Clash later...)

Barbie
barbie.png

Barbie is one of the most famous dolls and toys in general. She's taken on numerous occupations, had many accessories, and even had crossovers and ended up in other types of worlds (fantasy, fairy tales, sometimes sci-fi, etc.).

As for the roster size, I think 35 is a good number, though you could go bigger later if you want.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 1: 89
There's near-unlimited potential here, feels right to take on Smash directly.

Job 2: Two-Eyed Mike

A literal meme rep - something considered too weird for even PCC - Two-Eyed Mike's moveset would be based on "normie" reaction gifs and memes - fitting a character associated with reactions, his moveset would primarily be counters, reflectors, absorbers, shield breakers, and other moves specifically tailored for reacting to certain scenarios.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. 50 (given how vague this one is, that should be a good amount of coverage for all the different kinds of "other" there is)

2. Slender Man

Slender Man (or Slenderman, Slender-Man, whatever you prefer) is extremely influential character in popular media, inspiring the Minecraft mob Enderman, spawning a few videogames, being the titular character of a film, and creeping out kids like me with more internet access than they probably should've had. Slender Man's moveset would be muted, fast, and hard to predict, reflecting the 'hidden' nature of those "Fictional Thing In Real Life???" images like the one seen above. He'd also make use of his eerie tentacles.

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
crazy-squares-png.png

Cinnamon Toast Squares
These crazy cannibalistic cereal pieces are one of the more forgotten cereal mascots. However, I think they have the best moveset potential out of them. They could fight using bites, bashes, and licks. Also, I have an idea for one of their moves where another square pops out of nowhere, eats the player square, and the player now controls that square.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This is such a wild idea I can't help but love it..

Job 1: 55 seems easily reachable for a game with as wide a pool as this...and speaking of vaguely pool related things:

Job 2: Nessie (aka the Loch Ness Monster)
LochNessMonsterPhotograph.jpg

One of the few mythical modern day monsters, Nessie is a large character who will fight with her long neck, body weight, loch based water attacks and maybe even some scottish stereotype abilities such as caber tossing.

Job 1:
I'm going with 40. We shouldn't waste all characters for base roster.

Job 2:
Clippy/Clippit (Microsoft Windows/Office)
View attachment 346616
Clippy is a fictional character and virtual assistant of Microsoft Windows. He is an Anthropomorphic clip that assists you while you sit on the computer and do stuff. He also asks random questions like "ARE YOU TRYING TO WRITE A LETTER?" and etc.
Clippy is one of Iconic Software characters and he is famous because of his role on Microsoft Windows.

His moveset would be based on Microsoft Windows system like he could play like Pacman, where he could throw emojis at opponents, being dragged by cursor as Up B or etc.
Clippy also could shape-shift like he could turn himself in Bicycle or stuff.
One of his Super Moves could be, where he creates instant-killing BSOD that takes up whole stage (We can nerf it to make him balanced).
He could be lightweight character with no movement options. Also his design is Based on older Incarnation, but he also takes some aesthetics based on his redesigned version.

I nominate Clippy, because he would be first software character that could represent Microsoft and he would one of weirdest picks in the Game. He has really cool and wonderful moveset potential, since Clippy and his representation would have interesting ideas to realize if he was in the Roster...
Besides that, he even appeared in Pop-Culture content like he appeared in Delta Heavy's "Ghost" music video (Cool, isn't it?)

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #1: 60 (I think we should go higher, but I feel this number could be a perfect balance.)

Job #2: Rick Astley Rick Roll
F07312E4-96F5-46BE-89F3-4A6F22D851BB.gif

Rick Astley, the legendary singer and songwriter known famously today for his hit song, “Never Gonna Give You Up”. Rick Astley’s moveset could basically involve him singing and dancing around the stage to his hit internet song (similar to the gif you see above). For weapons, he could use his microphone by swinging it around or incorporate his song lyrics as different types of attacks. He could even bring his backup dancers along to help him fight or to use as a shield.

Rick Astley would never give you up, let you down, run around and desert you, make you cry, say goodbye, tell a lie and hurt you (unless your fighting against him, say goodbye if that’s the case)!

Oddball

Smash Lord
The Boogey man!
7693.jpg

We can get into what he actually looks like when we talk costumes, but everybody know who he is.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job #1:

I think 60 is a good number.

Job #2:

Smokey Bear

smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917.jpg

Smokey the Bear is one of the most iconic fictional animals in advertising helping to prevent forest fires. He an use his shovel as well as other animals from the forest for his moveset. I may consider pitching this idea to the Pop Culture Clash thread as well when it is appropriate to.

Baysha

Smash Ace
cashregister9 cashregister9 Mona Lisa
AlRex AlRex Barbie
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Two-Eyed Mike
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Slender Man
Baysha Baysha Cinnamon Toast Squares
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad Loch Ness Monster
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Clippy
@Darkonedagger Bigfoot
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Rick Astley
Oddball Oddball Boogeyman
Otoad64 Otoad64 Kool-Aid Man
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Smokey the Bear

Submissions have closed! Vote for your top 4. The 2 highest will become part of the roster. Only vote for your own submission in 3rd or 4th place

My votes:

1. Kool-Aid Man
2. Clippy
3. Cinnamon Toast Squares
4. Slender Man

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
This thread looks bizarre and brilliant - I love it.

1. Slender Man. (Yes, I know there's controversy around him and the like, but I think purely on the basis of the character, he'd be really cool to see. His physiology alone really lends well to a weird mid-range playstyle, and his horror influences would be hella fun to see.)
2. Barbie. (This sounds ridiculous, but do people realise how much potential Barbie actually has? Like, she's already managed to make it as a secret agent, mermaid, princess, musketeer... you wind up learning this by force when you live with your 7 year old sister, I assure you.)
3. The Loch Ness Monster. (The idea of a plesiosaur being a playable character in a fighting game is bizarre enough as is to instantly hook me. I know there'd be a lot of questions as to how the hell they'd even play but the idea alone is just genius.)
4. The Mona Lisa. (I have absolutely no idea how she'd play. Personally, I'd probably prefer to see Leonardo DaVinci himself as playable, but I love the idea of her being here given she's a lot more well-known. Using various DaVinci inventions in real life - as well as aspects from his other works - seems like a cool concept!)

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. Bigfoot
2. Kool-Aid Man
3. Barbie
4. Smokey the Bear

D

Deleted member

1. Barbie
2. Kool-Aid Man
3. Slender Man
4. Bigfoot

Baysha

Smash Ace
Mona Lisa 9
Barbie 20
Two-Eyed Mike 3
Slender Man 16
Cinnamon Toast Squares 6
Loch Ness Monster 7
Clippy 9
Bigfoot 15
Rick Astley 2
Boogeyman 2
Kool-Aid Man 15
Smokey the Bear 6

By some very close votes, Barbie and Slender Man are our first 2 new fighters!

Now,

Job #3: Submit a control scheme

Job #4:
Submit a title

Also, the submissions for fighter numbers are 35, 89, 50, 55, 40, and 60. Vote for your top 3 and you can put your own in any place you want.

D

Deleted member

1. 55
2. 50
3. 60

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 3: Probably something similar to Smash 64, no side specials, more sim

Job 4: Miscellaneous Icon Brawl

Roster Size voting
2. 50
3. 60

AlRex

Smash Lord
Title: Miscellaneous Melee

Roster Number
1. 55
2. 50
3. 60

Controls: I guess just commit to circa Melee-era movesets, even if it’s pretty obvious with that title.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Title: Icon Riot: Plus One
(A synonym for fight I haven't yet seen in a Smash-like title. The "Plus One" comes from the idea of these being weirder and more unusual characters than just "the icons.")

Control Scheme: Similar to Ultimate but featuring three "ultimate" attacks per character, (unlike PSASBR, you don't have to use these to K.O but they usually do much larger damage than normals) as well as a more parry/dodge based method of defence as opposed to simply shielding.

Roster Number:
1. 55.
2. 60.
3. 35.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Title submission: Weirdo Wrumble
I think forced alliteration is funny.

Title:

Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario All This and the Kitchen Sink
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Miscellaneous Icon Brawl
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Outlier Encounters
AlRex AlRex Miscellaneous Melee
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Icon Riot: Plus One

Vote for your top 3! Your submission can be in any place

Controls:
Title: All This & The Kitchen Sink

Control scheme: I feel we should just so NASB's control scheme but with back airs and side specials - seems the easiest to submit for.
Job 3: Probably something similar to Smash 64, no side specials, more sim

Job 4: Miscellaneous Icon Brawl

Roster Size voting
2. 50
3. 60
1. 50
2. 55
3. 60

Title: Outlier Encounters

Control Scheme: Unchanged from Ultimate.
Title: Miscellaneous Melee

Roster Number
1. 55
2. 50
3. 60

Controls: I guess just commit to circa Melee-era movesets, even if it’s pretty obvious with that title.
Title: Icon Riot: Plus One
(A synonym for fight I haven't yet seen in a Smash-like title. The "Plus One" comes from the idea of these being weirder and more unusual characters than just "the icons.")

Control Scheme: Similar to Ultimate but featuring three "ultimate" attacks per character, (unlike PSASBR, you don't have to use these to K.O but they usually do much larger damage than normals) as well as a more parry/dodge based method of defence as opposed to simply shielding.

Roster Number:
1. 55.
2. 60.
3. 35.
Same as the above.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Miscellaneous Melee (I think this just works really well to represent the slightly off-the-wall nature of what this, well, even is. It's simple, understandable, and easy to interpret - perfect for such an unusual concept.)
2. Outlier Encounters (This sounds weirdly horror-esque, like a mysterious turn of events has lead to this meeting... and I love it. Considering the whole concept is so bizarre as is, I think giving it that slightly mysterious vibe would be pretty fun.)
3. All This and the Kitchen Sink (This is perfect on the one condition that a literal kitchen sink becomes playable. Jokes aside, I like the use of a generally used and widely accepted term to really get the idea into people's heads. It makes it seem a little weird, a litte disorganised - but in an endearing way.)

D

Deleted member

1. Misc Melee
2. Weirdo Wrumble
3. All This and the Kitchen Sink

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. All This and the Kitchen Sink (if this wins, I vote we make a kitchen sink playable)
2. Outlier Encounters
3. Weirdo Wrumble

Top Bottom