• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, Part II: Melee

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Mew 4
Ho-oh 6
Beedrill 2

Mew and Ho-oh will be our next pokemon.

Job 59: Submit 5 event matches and how they would work.

Fighting Fire with Fire.
Player character: Bowser
Stage: Norfair
This is a 1v2 match against Mario and Ganon, where everyone has one stock, and only items that have fire effects appear.

Bounty Hunter Battle
Player character: Samus
Stage: Out of this Dimension
This is a 1v1 match against Falcon, who has 2 lives and a Zap Gun.

Sidekicks Save the Day
Player Character: Diddy Kong
Stage: Bramble Blast
This is a 2v2 battle where Luigi is your partner, and you fight against Bowser and Ganon.

Mascot Battle Royale
Player Character: Any
Stage: Meta Crystal
This is an FFA battle against Mario, Link, and Pikachu, where each have 2 lives and you have one. This would be the second to last event.

Battle of the Psychics
Player Character: Ness
Stage: Onett
This is a 1v1 battle against Mewtwo, where you have 150 hp, and Mewtwo has 300hp.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll make the event matches open ended now, so we can submit 5 of these at a time during every 24 hours until we have 50 (I’ll note that Bowser, Luigi, and the Melee newcomers have not been chosen for all star events yet). I’ll start the next job later today (All-Star Mode).

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll add my submissions by default (event matches will now be open submission).
Job 60 will be to submit a format for all-star mode.

Since I like the format from Melee and Smash Remix the most, I’ll nominate that format where the characters are randomly selected, and the number of opponents slowly increases, where the last opponent is a mob smash battle.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 60:

I’ll submit the Brawl version of All-Star Mode. The only difference is that the most recent fighter (or oldest depending on the final roster) is fought in giant, metal, or team forms.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
here are the nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Melee style
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Brawl style

Below is a poll to decide which All-Star mode format should be used:

Also, I’m submitting a poll based on the number of clones we should add to the roster. While clones cannot be replaced with unique fighters, I think that reducing the number of clones would give us enough time for making all single player minigames freely available outside of Classic Mode. I’ll assume that we could still keep three clones in this scenario. Below is the poll asking if there should be 6 clones or 3 clones and all single player modes freely available outside of Classic Mode:

Job 61: Submit a stage of your choice, and this can by any stage, (I’ll note that past stages missing are the original Excitebike Arena, Hyrule Castle, Crateria, Archaneia (it’s similar to Castle Seige), Corneria (Smash Remix), Safari Zone, Duck Hunt, and Duel Zone (Final Destination layout)).

I’ll nominate for the return of the original Duck Hunt stage since Duck Hunt was a highly influential game.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Duck Hunt
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Corneria
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Duel Zone

Vote for your most wanted stage, where your submission is not first.
1. Corneria
2. Duel Zone

Also, the vote for All-Star formats are tied before my voted is submitted, and I’ll go with the Brawl format for this one.
For clones, we’ll keep it as 6 like in the original game, and we’ll vote for which of these three game modes can be freely played outside of classic mode (Race to the Finish, Traverse through Level, and Trophy Snag). You can vote for your two most wanted in order.

1. Traverse through Level
2. Trophy Snag

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Duck Hunt 4
Corneria 4
Duel Zone 4

Rsce to the Finish 5
Traverse through Level 5
Trophy Snag 2

There is a tie for both of these votes, so I’ll make polls for each:
Stage: https://strawpoll.com/hozeap9ze
Gamemode: https://strawpoll.com/qr74f84qz

Job 62: Submit a clone character, and the character that they are a base of.
Original Falco.jpg
I’ll nominate Falco since he feels like an interesting choice for a clone, and he’d be based on Fox like in Melee.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 62:

I'm submitting Mega Man X as a Samus clone. X would be the only third party in the game, but his inclusion would make sense, as X6 released around the same time as Melee and he was being used more than the original Mega Man at the time...

Nah, just kidding. I'm not doing that (though I may submit him as a unique character for Brawl). I'm actually submitting Giygas as a Mewtwo clone. Before Ultimate's release, there were quite a few suggestions to have it as a Mewtwo echo/clone. I think it could work well. Plus, it adds another villain to the roster.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since there were only two nominations, both Falco and Giygas will join the roster.
Since there was a tie before submitting my vote, I’ll vote for Duck Hunt as the next stage added, and Traverse through Level is the gamemode available outside of Classic Mode

Job 63: Submit an item and how it would work.

I’ll submit the motion sensor bomb, which works like other games in the series

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since there were only 2 nominated items, the motion-sensor bomb and Sandbag will be added.

Job 64: Submit a Pokemon, and how it would work.

I’ll renominate Meowth, which works like it did in our previous entry.

Since Falco is in, there is a vacant trophy spot that can be added in his place.

Also, I’ll submit a couple event matches:

Intergalactic Battle
Player Character: Giygas
Stage: Out of this Dimension
This is a 1v3 battle against Fox, Falco, and Samus, where you have 2 lives and the others have 1.

NES Icon Battle Royle
Player Character: Excitebiker
Stage: Duck Hunt
This is an ffa battle with Mario, Link, and Samus, and only the Zapper item appears.

I’m the Best Ally
Player Character: Falco
Stage: Mushroom Kingdom
This is a 1v1v2 battle against Luigi, Yoshi (they’re a team), and Diddy (on his own)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Meowth 4
Beedrill 5
Dragonite 3

Meowth and Beedrill are our next pokemon added

Job 65: Add a Star Fox Stage and describe its layout.

I’ll nominate for the return of Corneria with Smash Remix’s layout.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Corneria (Remix)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Venom

A poll below will be used to determine which stage should be added.

Job 66: Submit a character, and why they would be a good addition. (Since this is the last unique fighter, the only restriction is that the character existed before 2000).

I had difficulty coming up with my last character since there are many interesting choices to add (Zelda, Dedede, Red, Ice Climbers, Pit, Mr. Game & Watch, Little Mac), but I eventually went with the Ice Climbers.

1638633597322.jpeg

I nominated the Ice Climbers since they would be the second retro character in the game after Excitebiker, and I like the idea of a tag team character who uses hammers and ice attacks.

Edit: I forgot the poll: https://strawpoll.com/us8h173hh

Last edited:
Job 66:
Pit (Kid Icarus) (ANOTHER RESUBMISSION)

Pit is main character from Kid Icarus as you know and he is Angel of skyworld, who is Palutena's Bodyguard. He is also Heroic angel, who fights the Evil of Greece, like Medusa, who is Palutena's evil Sister. He is Nintendo's Retro character and he could join SSB AU Melee without issues.

He could act like in Real brawl, which he could use his Bow as Neutral special and Wings of Icarus as Up B. His design is Based on Melee Trophy design and he could have some accents resembling Pit's modern design like his Hair.
Overall, he could have same Brawl stats, but in Melee version and he won't have a voice actor in the AU Melee due to being mute Retro character.
His Stage could be Skyworld from Brawl, but with Melee Graphics.

I nominate Pit from Kid Icarus NES, because he could be another Retro Rep in the Game originating from NES/Famicom. He could be also another character, who is Obscure, but he could have interesting Moveset potential like in Real Smash bros games. He also was rebooted by Sakurai, so it could make more sense to include Pit in AU Melee.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 66:

Was gonna resubmit Toad, but I changed my mind. I'm resubmitting Dedede instead. He was one of the major omissions from Melee and was and still is a relevant character. He's another rival/villain, the most requested non-Mario character on the original Smash 2 poll, and one of the cut characters from Smash 64.

Top Bottom