• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, Part II: Melee

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 51:

I'll submit an elimination mode. Its rules can be customised so that whenever something happens, one gets eliminated, whether it's taking the least or most damage, KOing more or less opponents than others, etc. Heck, one of its options could be a combo between it and King of the Hill, where failing to stay in the hill gets you eliminated.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Coin Battle 7
Elimination Mode 3
Custom Rules 2

Coin Battle is added.

Jobs 52 & 53: Submit an item and a pokeball pokemon, and how it would work.
I’ll renominate the Screw Attack item for my item.
For my Pokeball Pokemon, I’ll nominate for Meowth’s return since I don’t see it making the final roster cut at this point, and it would work the same as it did in the original Alternate SSB.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Screw Attack 6
Metal Box 3
Unira 3

Meowth 2
Lugia 6
Clefairy 5
Quagsire 11

Screw Attack is added as an item, and I’ll add a poll to choose between Metal Box and Unira.

Also, Quasire and Lugia are the next pokemon. Since Lugia is now a pokeball pokemon, another trophy mus be submitted to take its spot.

Job 54: Submit a character from a series without a playable character and why that character would be a good addition to the roster. (This was originally going to be a retro character, but I think someone would want to nominate Mr. Game & Watch, whose series had games in the late ‘90s, making him a relevant character at the time).

For this one, I will nominate Ness since Earthbound was a decently popular game in Japan, and having another psychic character would be nice to see.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 54:

I have the feeling someone's gonna submit Pit. I may change my mind for this job at a later point. I thought about submitting Toad because he had his own spin-off in the form of Wario's Woods, but I realised that he may not qualify for this job.

Submitting Mr. Game & Watch. He represents the earlier days of gaming, with the Game & Watch even predating Pac-Man, and was being kept alive at the time with rereleases in the form of Game & Watch Gallery. His moveset would be the same.

Job 54:
Pit (Kid Icarus)

Pit is main character of Kid Icarus game on NES. He is Palutena's angel guardian, who saves the Skyworld from Medusa's Forces and he uses his bow to shoot at opponents. He could be Retro Rep for AU Smash Melee and he could have design based on Melee Trophy design.

His moveset would be same like in Brawl. His design like I said earlier, he has Melee Trophy design and doesn't have a voice, since he is quiet Retro character. He could have Icarus' wings as UP B. He also gets moves from GB Kid Icarus.
If he had a stage, it could be Skyworld, but styled after NES Kid Icarus and it's modernized like Icicle Mountain.

I nominate Pit, because he could be Black Box NES rep after Excitebiker and he could represent 2D shooter like Metroid. Also, he could be AU Equivalent to Ice Climbers. We need a Greek Hero for AU melee roster to show his Retro moves taken from NES game, while being a Retro Rep. Interestingly, he was even one of requested NES Character for Smash Melee before the Final Release.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Ness 5
Mr. Game & Watch 4
Pit 3

Ness is our next newcomer.

Job 55: Submit Special moves for Peach and Ganon.

Peach: Just replace Toad with Heart Mines, which gives Peach 2 hearts (one in front and one behind), hurting players who come into contact (credit to Super Smash Bros Rumble)

Ganon: neutral special: Flame Path: Ganon unleashes a flame path in front of him. Side Special: Trident Throw: Ganon throws his trident and teleports to that location, which then puts him in a helpless state. Up Special: Orb Transport: this is based on Agahnim’s teleportation in LTTP during his boss fights. Down Special: Blazing Bat: These are similar to Heart Mines, but the bats circle around a small area until they are hit.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations for Peach's specials

Pupp135 Pupp135 Heart Mines, Peach Bomber, Parasol, Vegetable
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Item Pull, Peach Bomber, Parasol, Toad

Below is a poll for which special should be voted for.
Which specials should be used? | StrawPoll.com

For Ganon's Specials, my nomination will be added as default (Flame Path, Trident Throw, Orb Transport, Blazing Bats)
Job 56: Submit a Stage for Mother and its Layout

I'll nominate Magicant, which is like the one in For 3DS and Ultimate

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the Peach specials, there was a tie before submitting my vote, and I'll vote for having Heart Mines, Peach Bomber, Parasol, and Vegetable as her specials.

Here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Magicant
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Onett
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Fourside

I forgot to note that are free trophy slots from Lugia and Ness that can be filled now.

Vote for your two most wanted, where your submission is not first.
1. Onett
2. Magicant

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Metal Box 6
Super Scope 4
Franklin Badge 2

Both the Metal Box and Super Scope will be added.
Also, there is a slot opening for a new trophy.

Job 58: Submit a pokemon for the pokeball and how it would work.

I’ll nominate Mew, which would work like the real games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom