• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, Part II: Melee

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Suicune 9
Lugia 6
Mew 7
Tyranitar 8

Suicune is our first legendary pokemon as a pokeball.

Job 39: Submit a Special Smash mode and how it would work.

I’ll do Invisible Smash since that wasn’t added yet.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 39:
Submitting All-Star Versus from Project M. It plays similarly to Squad Strike in Ultimate and the final battle in Smash Tour. Yes, it involves multiple characters as stocks, but given that Melee featured a duo character, a transformation character, and originally Ditto, I think it could be pulled off.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since there are 10 special smash modes in Melee, all three nominations (invisible. sudden death, tag team) will be added.

Job 40: Make the first two all-star events. For these events, specify if the characters are fought continuously on one stage (Like Brawl and For Wii U) or if they are fought on the different stages (Melee’s)

For my first all-star event, I do one with Mario characters where Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, and Peach (in this order) are fought on Princess Peach’s Castle.

For the second all-star event, I’ll have one where Excitebiker, Samus, Kirby, Fox, and Captain Falcon are fought on Sector Z.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 40:

The first match I'm submitting features five 80s reps (Mario, DK, Excitebiker, Link, and Samus in that order). They're fought on Princess Peach's Castle, (first DK stage that gets submitted), Excitebike Bun Bun Mario Stadium, Great Bay, and Norfair.

The second match has 90s reps, being Marth, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Fox, and Pikachu. Again, they're fought on different stages (Castle Siege, Mute City, Rock Star, Out of this Dimension, and PokeFloats).

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations:
Pupp135 Pupp135 Mario (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi) and Mostly Space Themed (Excitebiker, Samus, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Fox) (All on one stage like Brawl/For Wii U)
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch 80s SSB64 characters (Mario, DK, Excitebiker, Link, Samus) and 90s SSB64 characters (Marth, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu) (All on different stages like Melee)

Use the poll below to vote for which events that you prefer.

Job 41: Submit a Pokemon Stage and how it works.
Goldenrod City C.png
For my next Pokemon stage, I’ll nominate Goldenrod City, which would have a similar layout to Saffron City, except buildings are replaced with things associated with Goldenrod City like the radio tower.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 41:

Resubmitting Sprout Tower. because it was originally considered for Melee. It would be a simplistic stage, with players fighting on the outside of the tower and using its floors as platforms. Flying Pokemon make cameos in the background.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Does anyone know when development began for Gen 3 or at least when concept art was drawn up? I recall the OP stating that Pokemon from the first three generations were allowed (despite the one year gap between Melee and Ruby & Sapphire) and I'm thinking of submitting one here, as well as adding it to another thread post.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Does anyone know when development began for Gen 3 or at least when concept art was drawn up? I recall the OP stating that Pokemon from the first three generations were allowed (despite the one year gap between Melee and Ruby & Sapphire) and I'm thinking of submitting one here, as well as adding it to another thread post.
If I said Gen 3 was ok, that was a mistake since Gen 3 shouldn’t be available/allowed until our alternate Smash 3. I’m sorry if I caused earlier confusion.

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
If I said Gen 3 was ok, that was a mistake since Gen 3 shouldn’t be available/allowed until our alternate Smash 3. I’m sorry if I caused earlier confusion.
That's okay. Thanks for clearing things up. Development may have began a short while before Melee's release, but a character probably wouldn't be available unless it was at the last minute.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Goldenrod City 1
Sprout Tower 6
Pokemon Stadium 8

Pokemon Stadium is our second Pokemon stage.

Job 42: Submit an Item and how it would work.
I’ll renominate the Screw Attack item:

I’ll nominate the Screw Attack, which works like the other SSB games.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Screw Attack 7
Green Shell 8
Power Glove 3

Green Shell is our next item.

Job 43: Submit a newcomer (debuted before 2000), and explain why this character would be a good addition.

ALttP Ganon Artwork.png
For this nomination, I’ll choose beast Ganon from the Legend of Zelda series since Ganon is the main antagonist of the series, and he is one of the most notable Nintendo villains at the time along with Bowser and K. Rool.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 43:

Actually, after thinking it through, I'll submit Toad instead of Pit. Yes, this means that we'll have five Mario characters, but it's still the biggest Nintendo series and is responsible for saving the gaming industry (and the game that did it just so happened to be Toad's debut). Besides, things can change with future newcomer submissions, clones, and the hypothetical Smash 3. The alternate Smash 64 thread had three Mario characters and one of them doubled as a boss.

Toad is one of the most iconic Mario characters and has been with the series since the NES days, predating both Wario and Yoshi, managed to get his own spin-off game in the form of Wario's Woods, and is probably one of the biggest omissions from the Smash series. He even managed to place in the top 10 for the original Smash 2 poll and received more votes than Diddy Kong and Marth. Having him in would also be a neat callback to the rumor of him being a hidden character in Melee and would round off the primary Mario cast. His moveset could be based on Super Mario Bros. 2, Wario's Woods, and the many Mario spin-offs.

Last edited:
JOB 43:
Ice Climbers (Ice Climbers)

Ice Climbers (Popo and Nana) are main characters of the NES game of the Same Name. The Climbers try to get their food on top of Glacier, which was stolen by Condor. The Game is about Climbing like on NES Game.

Their Moveset could be like in Real Smash, but their new up B is Condor, who flies high upwards like Duck Hunt Jump and the Rope Special is now Passive Ability for Ice Climbers along with returning one like Duo Character and Reverse Traction. They could be cool NES representatives due to Status in Real Smash and their unique gameplay.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
JOB 43:

Marina Liteyears (Mischief Makers), coming from one of the few 2.5D platformers that made into the Nintendo 64. She can be a hybrid between a rushdown and a grappler, with her throws being long while causing 1.7% of damage. Also uses the enemies from that game as specials.

JOB 43:

Marina Liteyears (Mischief Makers), coming from one of the few 2.5D platformers that made into the Nintendo 64. She can be a hybrid between a rushdown and a grappler, with her throws being long while causing 1.7% of damage. Also uses the enemies from that game as specials.
Isn't she Square Enix IP tho?
Because third Parties as Playables are not Allowed, but as Collectible Trophies, then yes.

Nevermind, along with Geno stuff.
Marina is like 2nd Party, then she can join, since she was made by Treasure and it made Sin and Punishment as Nintendo IP, so we could include her.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Isn't she Square Enix IP tho?
Because third Parties as Playables are not Allowed, but as Collectible Trophies, then yes.

Nevermind, along with Geno stuff.
Marina is like 2nd Party, then she can join, since she was made by Treasure and it made Sin and Punishment as Nintendo IP, so we could include her.
Off-Topic, but that's a really amazing mental gymnastic. OK, let's return to Smash 2.

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
JOB 43:

She sounds like a great choice. I'm a little sad we didn't get that many 2/2.5D platformers on the N64.

D

Deleted member

Ridley
One of the biggest Nintendo villians and a character who was much requested for Smash in the real universe until he finally got in. It would be interesting to see how Ridley would fit in a game like melee.

Edit: swapped my submssion out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom