• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, Part II: Melee

I only ask because the thread's creator hasn't made any updates today.
Well, I don't know what's happening to him.
Maybe he is on Hiatus or something? Maybe life beats him up like Torgo's Life beats Torgo up and they both presumably forgot about their Threads like this Thread or even SmashBoards Creates: KFAD 3 thread.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Well, I don't know what's happening to him.
Maybe he is on Hiatus or something? Maybe life beats him up like Torgo's Life beats Torgo up and they both presumably forgot about their Threads like this Thread or even SmashBoards Creates: KFAD 3 thread.
I think there was a brief hiatus for the alternate 64 thread. Hopefully, things will continue.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I’ll submit six more trophies:
  • Metal Mario
  • Dark Link
  • Mario and Yoshi
  • Samus Unmasked
  • Fire Mario
  • King Dedede
The first two are Classic Mode bosses and the last two were exclusive to a Japanese tournament and it would be nice to have access to them outside of hacking. Fire Mario and Dedede are here because why not?

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
King of the Hill 7
Coin Battle 2
Crown Battle 3

King of the Hill will be the first of the two additional battle types added to the game.

Job 11: Submit an new item and how it would work.
Since we have the cracker launcher trophy, I’d like to nominate it, and it would work exactly the way it did in Brawl.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 11:

Since the Cracker Launcher has already been nominated, I'll submit the Lure Ball from Gold and Silver. Instead of releasing Pokémon, it captures the opponent it's thrown at. The only way to escape is to button mash or wait for a short period of time. Opponents not trapped can attack the ball and deal damage from outside, but can't pick it up and throw it off the stage; that would be too overpowered.

More Trophies! You want those? Here you go!
Mario:
  • Princess Peach's Castle
  • King Bob-omb
Donkey Kong:
  • Swanky Kong
  • Chunky Kong
  • Lanky Kong
Yoshi:
  • Baby Mario
  • Baby Bowser
Wario:
  • Rudy the Clown
  • Princess Shokora
Zelda:
  • Impa
  • Skull Kid
Kirby:
  • Adelaine and Ribbon
  • Whispy Woods
Star Fox:
  • Peppy Hare
  • Great Fox
Pokemon:

• Rhydon
  • Eevee
  • Lugia

F-Zero:

• F-Zero Racers
  • Jody Summers

Others:
  • Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
  • Diskun
  • Eggplant Man
  • Ice Climbers
  • Mach Rider
  • Sheriff & Bandits (Depicted as Trophy like in Melee)

Last edited:
More Trophies? TROPHY CRAZY FRENZY!
Mario:

• Mario Party Dice (Based on Mario Party 1)
  • Thwomp
  • Lakitu
Donkey Kong:
- Klaptrap
Wario:
- Bull Wario (Power up trophy)
Zelda:
  • Ganon
  • Octorok
Yoshi:
  • Burt the Bashful
  • Super Happy Tree
Metroid:
  • Zebesian
  • Samus' Gunship
Kirby:
  • Waddle Dee
  • Warp Star
Star Fox:
  • Attack Carrier
  • Slippy Toad
Pokemon:
  • Vaporeon
  • Porygon
  • Snorlax
Fire Emblem:
- Wyvern

Original Series:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
Others:
  • Monster (Famicom GP 2)
  • Sukapon
  • Radar Scope Arcade Cabinet
  • Ness
  • Super Scope

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
For those, who wanted Ness. Don't worry, maybe he will be Added in future on this thread a some point, and it could be Fact that this Smash AU is in development, so we can change it to Fighter.

For Trophy Characters like Little Mac, Tamagon or Urban Champion, those characters are Deconfirmed.
I don't think trophies necessarily deconfirm fighters. If Ness was added in, his trophy could be replaced with a Classic one. We aren't too far into making this, so changes could be made.
Like Butters Stotch Butters Stotch said, trophies will not disconfirm if a character can be playable or a pokeball pokemon (e.g. we can still add Ness or Wolf as a playable fighter). If a one of the characters or items from the trophy list gets added as a playable character, a pokeball pokemon, or a usable item, then additional trophies will be submitted to fill vacancies from the promotions. I’m going to submit 10 more trophies, so we’ll have 25 more available spots:
Super Mario:
Peach
Toad

Legend of Zelda:
Zelda
Ganondorf
Agahnim
Marin
Sheik
Majora’s Mask

Fire Emblem:
Caeda/Shiida

Pokemon:
Meowth

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I'll submit the remaining Melee fighters and a few others as trophies.

Leftover Melee fighters:
  • Dr. Mario
  • Young Link
  • Roy (he could be the Binding Blade trophy)
  • Falco
  • Jigglypuff
  • Mewtwo
  • Pichu
Some of the Kirby trophies use altered versions of his original model and probably didn't take long to develop. Because of this, I'll submit some trophies that reuse assets:
  • Fire Kirby
  • Fighter Kirby
  • Kirby Hats 1-5
  • Blood Falcon
Lastly, I'm submitting the Adventure Mode boss as a trophy. I'm unsure who or what they'll be (unless Adventure Mode is covered later).

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Some of the Kirby trophies use altered versions of his original model and probably didn't take long to develop. Because of this I'll submit some trophies that reuse assets:
  • Fire Kirby
  • Fighter Kirby
  • Kirby Hats 1-5
  • Blood Falcon
By the way, the Kirby Hat trophies are actually five individual trophies. Probably should've pointed that out earlier.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since the Kirby Hats are five separate ones, all of our slots for trophies are now currently filled unless some of them get updated. There is a placeholder for the Binding Blade character (excluding Roy), so we’ll let someone decide on who it should be.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Cracker Launcher 4
Unira 3
Lure Ball 5
The Lure Ball was added as the next item.
Job 12: Submit a new Legend of Zelda and Kirby Stage from a game before 2001.

1632969844630.png

For my LoZ stage, I’ll add Pyramid of Power, which would have 3 platforms. There is a bottom base platform with two platforms above it where the length of platforms decreases as the platforms are more elevated.
KSS RoMK Chapter 1 screenshot 06.png
For my Kirby stage, I‘ll nominate the Halberd. In terms of layout, it would only have the last part from the version that was added in Brawl where players fight on the Halberd, and there is a claw and laser that can hurt players.

Job 12:
LoZ stage:
I'll resubmit Great Bay from Melee. Acts the Same like in Real Melee.

Kirby Stage:
Shiver Star

It would have Layout similar to Green Greens, but it has Conveyor Belts instead of Blocks and there is Mixture of Boss of Shiver Star and Whispy Woods, but instead of Apples, it summons Waddle Dees to attack the Players.

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 12:

For the Zelda stage, I’ll submit Ganon’s Castle. It’s the same as the Smash Remix version, albeit under a slightly different name. This is also the place you fight Dark Link. Despite not actually fighting him here in OoT, I think it fits well.

For the Kirby stage, I’m submitting Rock Star from Kirby 64. This would be a walk-off stage. In terms of appearance, it’s modelled after the first stage’s outside area, but it has the pillars from the second stage. There are Star Blocks that function as they do on Green Greens, though they may occasionally drop items, and are placed on three small platforms (based on the ones in the image). There are two pillars, one at each end of the stage, which players can go under or on top of. Above the stage is a Gordo that damages players who make contact with it; its inclusion is inspired by the somewhat odd presence of a bumper in Peach’s Castle 64.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Kirby Stage:
Shiver Star
I'll resubmit Green Greens from Melee and Brawl. Acts same, but it has Waddle Dees as Stage Hazards.
I like the idea of Shiver Star as a stage, but since it works as a reskinned version of Green Greens, would Whispy Woods still be on the stage? He didn't appear on the planet, so do the Waddle Dees replace him or is he still there? A snowy or robotic (the Shiver Star boss was a robot) Whispy would be cool!

Last edited:
Top Bottom