• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, Part II: Melee

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 6:

I'll nominate Wario. He received several votes in the Smash 2 polls (this and the real one), had several successful games, and unfortunately missed out on the first two Smash games, Adding him here means his moveset will be entirely based on Wario Land, so he won't have the fart and chomp attacks, and I think his transformations would make for a fun moveset.

Had I made an account earlier, I would have nominated him for 64.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #6: King Dedede (Kirby)
28A9E78B-CCE6-4461-A375-72C89ED74A72.png

I will nominate King Dedede. King Dedede is a major character in the Kirby series, acting either as a hero or villain from time to time. King Dedede could be using his huge hammer, his body (belly slams, inflating himself, inhaling enemies), and maybe even using his Waddle Dees for a moveset. He is still a major character during the time of Melee’s development as well.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job #6: King Dedede (Kirby)
View attachment 330978
I will nominate King Dedede. King Dedede is a major character in the Kirby series, acting either as a hero or villain from time to time. King Dedede could be using his huge hammer, his body (belly slams, inflating himself, inhaling enemies), and maybe even using his Waddle Dees for a moveset. He is still a major character during the time of Melee’s development as well.
I almost submitted Dedede, but I changed my mind at the last second.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Job 6: Lugia
1632262123547.png

I’ll nominate Lugia. Lugia is a Psychic/Flying type Pokémon and one of the major Legendaries introduced in Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal. Lugia can Fire an Areoblast, create Wind Gusts, use Extrasensory and preform a Dragon Rush. Lugia was requested in a poll for characters they want to see in Melee.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations:
Ness
Wario
Pit
King Dedede
Lugia

Vote for your three most wanted, and your submission cannot be first

My Votes:
1. Wario
2. Pit
3. Ness

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, will third parties be allowed or not? I ask because they were valid picks for the poll, but weren't ruled out as newcomers, unlike a potential Rare rep.
Third parties will be excluded from this roster due to copyright issues just like with Rare, but they will be allowed starting the third entry.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes:
Ness 6
Wario 11
Pit 9
King Dedede 8
Lugia 2
From these votes, Wario is our second newcomer.

Below, here are polls if Race to the Finish (this is more like a Mario/Kirby level) and Traverse through Level (this is similar to Ultimate’s Classic Mode minigame, but there are spikes that instantly KO players) should return as singleplayer minigames and if Polygon Fighting Team should return as our generic enemies.
Race to the Finish poll:
Traverse through Level poll:
Fighting Polygon Team poll:

Job 7: Submit a layout for Classic Mode, and you can have up to three minigames.
I‘ll just submit the 1P game format from our alternate SSB64 Thread since it works well enough.
Battle 1: 1v1
Battle 2: 2v2
Battle 3: 1v2
Minigame 1: Traverse through Level
Battle 4: 3v Giant Fox
Battle 5: Fight against Metal Charater
Battle 6: Fight against Mario Team
Minigame 2: Race to the Finish
Battle 7: Fighting Polygon Team (Stage: TBD)
Battle 8: Bowser (Stage: Bowser’s Stadium)

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 7: Classic Mode

1. 1 vs 1
2. 2 vs 2
Minigame 1: Traverse through Level
3. Free-for-all
4. 3 vs Giant character
Minigame 2: Snag the Trophies
5. vs Dark Link (Stamina/HP battle)
6. vs Metal Mario
Minigame 3: Race to the Finish
7. vs Fighting Polygons/Wireframes
8. vs Bowser (unless there's a new boss)

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
There are three choices for Classic Mode: one from each of Butters Stotch Butters Stotch and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds in addition to the one used for the alternate SSB64. Vote for your two most wanted choices, where your submission is not first.
My votes
1. Butters Stotch Butters Stotch
2. Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

From the votes, Race to the Finish and Traverse through Level will return. Also, since there was a tie for Polygon Fighting Team before my vote, I’ll use my vote to keep them in.

Also, I’m using a poll to see if we should add Snag the Trophies as our third minigame and if Bowser should be the Classic Mode boss or the Adventure Mode Boss:
Snag the Trophies poll:

Bowser poll:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Pupp135 Pupp135 2
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch 7
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 3
We’ll use Butters Stotch Butters Stotch ’s Classic Mode format
Also, Snag the Trophy is added as the third single player minigame, and Bowser will be our Classic mode boss, so there will be a new boss for Adventure mode.
I’ll do two jobs next
Job 8: Submit a Kanto or Jhoto pokemon for the Pokeball that would be new to the game and what its attack would be. I will note that any Pokemon added as a pokeball cannot join the playable roster.
Bulbasaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Meowth
Jigglypuff
Electrode
Ninetails
Rhydon
Victreebell
Magikarp
Eevee
Jolteon
Vaporeon

For my pokemon submission, I’ll do Togepi, which works like the other SSB games.
Job 9: Submit side specials for
Mario and Excitebiker. If you want, you can also choose to change previous specials or move one to a side special.
Previous specials for
Mario and Excitebiker (Mario in red and Excitebiker in white).
Neutral:
Fireball/Acceleration
Up: Spin Jump/Super Jump Ramp
Down: Ground Pound/Mud Splash
For Mario, I’ll nominate the cape as my side special, which works like it did in previous games.
For Excitebiker, I’ll nominate hurdle as my side special where a hurdle is placed in front of Excitebiker and stays there until it hurts players who touch it or after a few seconds pass.
Also, trophy submissions are allowed to be added for characters and items currently absent (this will not disconfirm characters/items added yet) (there will be a limit of 150 submitted trophies at the moment)

Last edited:
I'll go with Lugia:

Works Same as Melee in RL.

Side Special for ExciteBiker:
Scorch Boost: Excitebiker does a straight dash while he leaves a Trail of Flames behind him. Excitebiker while doing his Side special, he can jump and his body is in Fire (He can't damage himself in Fire, so that's good point), when ExciteBiker touches someone, the Target burns.

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 8:

I'll nominate Ditto. Ditto was scrapped as a Pokeball summon for Melee. It functions the way it does in Ultimate. It can actually be hacked into the game, though he does nothing, suggesting that limitations may not have been why he was scrapped.

If you think limitations will affect it, then Celebi can be added instead, functioning how it does in Melee and Brawl.

By the way, can Pokémon added in 64 make it in as fighters?

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 9:

For Mario's side special, I'll nominate the Shell Surf from 64. When used, Mario will hop onto the shell and surfs in the direction of the attack. He cannot turn around and the only way to get off is to jump, leaving the shell to go off the stage or hit a wall. Projectiles won't affect the shell, but normal attacks will, knocking Mario off and destroying the shell.

As for Excitebiker, his side special (not sure what it would be called, feel free to suggest a name) has him backflip off the bike, which gets sent flying towards opponents and explodes upon making contact (similar to Bowser Jr.'s up special). Excitebiker will hop onto a new bike a second or two after leaping off the previous one. The falling off animation and Jr.'s up special were inspirations for this special. An unusual combination, but I think it works.

The first item I'll submit is the Cracker Launcher, which functions the way does in Brawl. Kinda sad we didn't get to see it again.

Just in case he doesn't make it in as a fighter, I'll submit Mr. Game & Watch as a trophy.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 8:

I'll nominate Ditto. Ditto was scrapped as a Pokeball summon for Melee. It functions the way it does in Ultimate. It can actually be hacked into the game, though he does nothing, suggesting that limitations may not have been why he was scrapped.

If you think limitations will affect it, then Celebi can be added instead, functioning how it does in Melee and Brawl.

By the way, can Pokémon added in 64 make it in as fighters?
I intentionally left out Pokemon from 64 so far since I plan on soon doing nominations for a Pokemon fighter, and I think people might want to nominate some of these pokemon (primarily Meowth, but I also am thinking of possibly nominating Jigglypuff since I think Mewtwo will be nominated anyway). I think Ditto should be fine since it was cut late in development.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations
Mario side special
Pupp135 Pupp135 Cape
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Shell Surf

Excitebiker side special
Pupp135 Pupp135 Hurdle
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Scorch Boost
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Backflip

Pokeball Pokemon
Pupp135 Pupp135 Togepi
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Lugia
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Ditto

For the Mario side special, we’ll use a poll:

For the other submissions, vote for your two most wanted, but your submission cannot be first.

My votes
Excitebiker Special
1. Backflip
2. Scorch Boost

Pokeball Pokemon
1. Lugia
2. Togepi

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Excitebiker special:
1. Hurdle (I'm surprised I didn't think of it)
2. Backflip

Pokeball summons:
1. Togepi
2. Ditto

On a side note, while third party characters aren't allowed, could a third party trophy slide? I understand if not because of copyright issues, but Melee had two Rare trophies and the clone trophies were added later on, so adding more near the end of development wouldn't be impossible. Sonic and Snake were requested by their creators, so could a trophy of one of them be allowed? It's fine if not, as I can get why.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
On a side note, while third party characters aren't allowed, could a third party trophy slide? I understand if not because of copyright issues, but Melee had two Rare trophies and the clone trophies were added later on, so adding more near the end of development wouldn't be impossible. Sonic and Snake were requested by their creators, so could a trophy of one of them be allowed? It's fine if not, as I can get why.
I’m okay with 3rd party trophies since Melee did have the Perfect Dark trophies, this could work as a consolation prize for Kojima/Sega since there were requests for Snake and Sonic, and other SSB games had trophies/spirits for franchises without playable characters like Rayman.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I’m okay with 3rd party trophies since Melee did have the Perfect Dark trophies, this could work as a consolation prize for Kojima/Sega since there were requests for Snake and Sonic, and other SSB games had trophies/spirits for franchises without playable characters like Rayman.
Thanks for the heads up. In that case, I'll submit Snake and Sonic trophies. They would be the last two unlocked, with Snake taking Diskun's criteria (getting every bonus) and Sonic being unlocked by collecting every other trophy.

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Some more trophy submissions:
1. Diddy Kong
2. Wolf
3. Pokémon Trainer/Red
4. Kamek (represents Yoshi instead of Mario)
5. Sandbag
6. Olimar
7. Isaac
8. Villager
9. Tom Nook
10. Professor E. Gadd
11. Orange Star (from Advance Wars)
12. Ninten
13. Little Mac
14. Darunia (was voted for in the original Smash 2 poll)
15. Captain Syrup

I hope this isn't too much or anything. If it is, I can remove some of them.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Although there was a tie for the poll, there was an extra vote submitted on this thread after the two votes came in, and I would’ve also voted for Shell Surf, so Shell Surf will be added.
Also, Here are the votes for Excitebiker’s Side Special
Hurdle 6
Scorch Boost 2
Backflip 3

Here are the votes for Pokeball Pokemon
Togepi 4
Lugia 3
Ditto 5

From these votes, Hurdle becomes the side special, and Ditto is our first new pokemon.
Job 10: Submit a new battle type for multiplayer that can be used instead of stock or time.
I’ll nominate King of the Hill where there is a place where players need to say in as a way to gain points. The match goes until the time runs out, and the winner is the one with the most points.

Some more trophy submissions:
1. Diddy Kong
2. Wolf
3. Pokémon Trainer/Red
4. Kamek (represents Yoshi instead of Mario)
5. Sandbag
6. Olimar
7. Isaac
8. Villager
9. Tom Nook
10. Professor E. Gadd
11. Orange Star (promotional, same applies to the five above)
12. Ninten
13. Little Mac
14. Darunia (was voted for in the original Smash 2 poll)
15. Captain Syrup

I hope this isn't too much or anything. If it is, I can remove some of them.
This is ok. I’m just adding trophies until there are 150 submissions (currently at 22).

I'll submit Crown Battle.

Crown Battle would work like normal PvP, but the Crown appears on the middle of Stage and someone or you must get Crown and keep it before someone damages you and it will fall, later being taken be other player. There are no Stocks, but if you keep a Crown on your head, you win. If someone has, someone wins.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I'll submit Crown Battle.

Crown Battle would work like normal PvP, but the Crown appears on the middle of Stage and someone or you must get Crown and keep it before someone damages you and it will fall, later being taken be other player. There are no Stocks, but if you keep a Crown on your head, you win. If someone has, someone wins.
Was inspired by the multiplayer mode in Super Mario 3D World, where the lead player gets a crown? It sounds like a neat concept!

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Ignore this comment. I initially had a query here about uploading an image, but I got past it. When it comes to submitting the Kirby stage, I'll just describe it in words because the actual image won't load in the message.

Last edited:
Top Bottom