• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, Part I: SSB64

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since there was only one nomination, Hyrule Castle and Corneria are added by default.
Also, Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ’s list of specials for Fox is going to be added.
I’ll put up jobs 19 and 20 right now.
Job 19: Submit a container item, and describe how it would work.
Job 20: Submit a list of special moves for Link.

1630326916129.png

For Job 19, I’ll submit a basic create, which would work identically to how it does in SSB.

For Job 20, I take Link’s specials from SSB and replace the boomerang with arrows as his neutral special.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since there weren’t many responses for the last events, I waited to see if I got another response for the most recent job. I’ll keep the Link moveset job up for a little more, but for Items and Pokemon, we’ll just have people throw suggestions once every 24 hours to them until there‘s 19 items (3 of which are containers) and 13 pokemon. Also, each person is able to post one track every 24 hours for one of our eight home stages until each stage has a song. I’ll update the opening page to add crate as an item.

I’ll post Job 21 right now, which is to sumbit a full clone character and who the base character is.

1630689218647.png

I’ll nominate Luigi as a Mario clone since he is the player 2 character in mainline Mario games.

I’ll submit a poll below on if we should a add semi-clone and mostly-unique fighter (think of this like Ness being based on Mario but has a unique moveset), or we add one completely unique fighter.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #21: Raichu (Clone of Pikachu)
0B905518-FA8F-4B5D-9060-74AC3D004B5F.png

Raichu is the evolved form of Pikachu. Just like Pikachu, it can perform a variety of electric type moves, including the moves Pikachu can do.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Luigi
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Raichu
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Falco

Vote for your top 2 most wanted, with your submission not being first.

My votes
1. Falco
2. Luigi

From the poll and the special move list, we’ll add another fully unique fighter instead of a semi-clone and mostly-unique fighter, and we’ll use my Link moveset.

Also, I’ll submit Jigglypuff as a pokeball pokemon, and it would use sing to make players fall asleep.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Luigi 5
Raichu 1
Falco 3

Luigi is our first unlockable fighter and our only clone fighter.

Job 22: Propose of a setup for 1P Game: for 1P game, you are allowed to incorporate the two minigames we voted for (Traverse through Level and Race to the Finish) in addition a third minigame.
My setup for 1P game would be closer to Melee’s
Round 1: 1v1 battle
Round 2: 2v2 battle
Round 3: 1v1 battle
Minigame 1: Race to the Finish
Round 4: 3v1 giant character
Round 5: Fight against Kirby Team
Round 6: Fight against metal fighter
Minigame 2: Traverse through Level
Round 7: Fight against Generic Enemies
Round 8: Final Boss Battle

Reminder: You can suggest an item, pokemon, or a stage song (one per stage), and it will be automatically added until these categories are filled. These suggestions can now be used to add alts (up to three per character). Suggestions for each of the four categories can only be submitted once every 24 hours.

This time, I’ll submit Gormet Race for Fountain of Dreams

My Setup for 1P game mixed with 64 and Melee.
Round 1: 1v1
Round 2: 2v2
Round 3: 1v2
Minigame: Traverse Throught Level
Round 4: 3v1 Giant Fox
Round 5: Fight against Metal Character
Round 6: Fight against Mario Team
Minigame: Race to Finish
Round 7: Fight against Fighting Polygon Team
Round 8: Final Boss Battle

This Time I'll submit another Item: Hammer from Mario (Like in Real Smash).

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I have a poll below for us to vote for either Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ’s 1P game format or mine.
Before we do the final 2 characters, I’d like us to choose an unlockable stage for Job 22, and this stage can be from franchises without a playable fighter.
1630883738039.jpeg

While another Mario map like Bowser’s/Peach’s Castle wouldn’t be farfetched, I’d probably choose a franchise without a character. In this case, I’ll choose Duck Hunt since Duck Hunt was a major title during the NES era. The layout would be similar to the one in For and Ultimate, but players can be attacked by gunshots towards the birds.

Last edited:
Job 22:
Urban Champion Streets (Urban Champion)

The layout would be Flat Stage with KOing Walls. The Hazards are Neighbors, who throw Pots at enemies. The Pot would give stun effect for Someone, who got hit.
Additional Hazard are Manholes, who give you high knockback when you walk at them.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the votes for 1P game, we’ll use Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ’s format

Below, I’m sending a poll for which stage should be added: Duck Hunt or Urban Champion Streets.

Job 23: Submit a Nintendo or Rare character whose debut was by 1998 (this is due to the secret characters being chosen later in development) and why they would be a good addition.

I’m submitting Donkey Kong because Donkey Kong was a very important arcade game in the ‘80s, and his influence continued in the ‘90s with the Donkey Kong country games.

1630958567910.png

Also, I want to submit a new item, which will be the Item Box from Mario Kart 64, where a random item will appear when a player passes through the item box.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll give a few more hours for character submissions and additional votes for the unlockable stage.

Job 23:
Zitz (BattleToads)

Well, he would be representing Rare itself. He is The leader of BattleToads and he travels through planets to defeat Dark Queen. His games were Rare's hits after their Release. He would have so much moveset potential like Up Special which is Tongue and Forwards Smash can be Big Bad Boot, who his leg turns into spiky boot that gives you knockback.

Also, I submit another Pokeball Pokemon, which is Charizard.
Charizard would work the same like in Real Smash, which he uses Flame Thrower on both sides, giving Burn Damage.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Duck Hunt ended up winning the poll, making it our first unlockable stage (I’ll get into this later).

Below is a poll for choosing Donkey Kong or Zitz as the next fighter.

Job 25: Submit a boss character for 1P game. This character can be either an existing character or a completly original character.
File:BowserSM64.png
While I liked the Master Hand as a boss, I like the idea of Bowser being the final challenge since he is Nintendo’s poster child for villains. I assume he’d fight similar to how he does in Melee, but his fire breath turns into fireballs, and he would be heavier and stronger since he is a boss fight.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll keep the poll and 1P Game boss submissions up for a few more hours.

Job 25:
Nintendo Man (Original Series)

Nintendo Man is a Sentient Floating NES console with Controllers as Arms and Red Triangular Eyes, who created AU Smash Bros. He is the Villain of this game. It would take place on AU Final Destination.

His attacks are Controller Slam, Laser eyes, NES Zapper attack from Background and Console Body Slam that gives you stun effect.

Inclusion for Nintendo Man would be perfect, since it would be tribute to Nintendo Consoles and Advertisement like Polygon Man is the tribute boss for Playstation Advertisements in PSABR.
BTW, he sounds very original and it would fit for Huge Nintendo Crossover on Nintendo 64 in Alternate Universe.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the previous poll, there was a tie before submitting my vote, and since I‘d prefer DK, DK will be the next newcomer.

Below is a poll to vote if Bowser or Nintendo Man ends up being the boss for the end of 1P-Game.

Job 26: Submit which stage should be used for the Polygon fighting team. This can be a stage already added or a completely new stage.

Since Fountain of Dreams has the same layout as Duel Zone, I’ll use Final Destination as my Fighting Polygon Team stage, and it has the same layout as the original.

I’ll submit the Super Mario Bros. Ground Theme Song for the next Mario stage.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the votes, Bowser ends up being the boss for 1P game, and since we didn’t have another nomination, we’ll add Final Destination as the Fighting Polygon Team stage.
Before we select Bowser’s stage, I’d like to do two jobs.

Job 26: Submit a list of special moves for Donkey Kong
Job 27: Submit a Nintendo or Rare character up to 1998, and state which of the playable character’s will be used as a base model for this fighter.

For Donkey Kong, I’m just going to change his neutral special, which will be him throwing a barrel.

Ness SSB.png
For this model character, I want to nominate Ness since Earthbound is something that is more lowkey compared to the characters we already have, and I like idea of PSI attacks. Mario is the base model like in SSB64.
ALttP Ice Rod Sprite.png
Also, I want to submit another item, which will be the Ice Wand from LoZ: A Link to the Past when this item is used, it will temporarily freeze opponents.

Last edited:
Job 27:
Captain Falcon (F-Zero)

I nominate him, because he could represent racing Genre like ExciteBiker and his game became popular in 90's like Star Fox. He would be cool like Capt. Falcon in Real SSB64, plus his new Down B would be mini Blue Falcon that rides at the Enemies.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since there was only one response for specials, my list will be used,

Below is a poll deciding if Ness or Captain Falcon gets added as the last fighter.

Job 28: Select a boss stage for Bowser, and it can be from an exisiting stage or a completely new stage.
1631276173804.png

The stage I’m choosing is Bowser Stadium from Mario 64, and it would have the same layout as the Smash Remix Version, which is Final Destination but with mine beyond each edge of the stage that damages people.
1631276084870.png

Since I haven’t added another pokemon in awhile, I’ll add Magikarp, which works in the same manner as Goldeen.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’d like to send a reminder if anyone wants to submit a stage for Bowser, an item, a pokemon, a stage song, or an alt.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the poll, Captain Falcon ends up on the roster.
Also, Bowser’s Stadium ends up being added as Bowser’s arena at the end of 1P game.
The last specific job is unlock criteria before going into the sequel, but I want to put in two polls right now

The first poll asks if we should use Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ’s idea of a Falcon moveset where his down special is changed to the Blue Falcon.

The second poll asks if Bowser should / could feasibly be a bonus fighter since he’s already in the game as a boss, and we would just have to change proportions and balance him closer for vs. mode.
Since there are many items and Pokeballs left to fill, there is no limit to what people can submit now for items, pokeballs, songs, and alts.
File:HeartContainerIconSSB.png
I’ll submit the heart container for my next item, which heals only 100% like every game after SSB64.
Also, I’m submitting The Overworld Theme as the song for Hyrule Castle.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
File:052MeowthRB.png
I want to submit Meowth as my next pokemon, and it will use Pay Day as its attack.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since there the majority were against Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ’s proposal, I’ll send another poll asking if we should just use the original moveset for Captain Falcon (I’d like to add a gun as a special, but I don’t want to remove his most iconic move since neutral special is most fitting for the gun).
Also, Bowser ends up being a bonus fighter.

Now, we will go Job 29: which is to select the criteria for unlocking the characters Luigi, Bowser, DK, Falcon in addition to the stages Bowser’s Stadium, Duck Hunt, and Final Destination.

Here are my unlock criteria:
Luigi: Beat Race to the Finish with all starting characters.
Bowser: Beat 1P game with starting characters.
DK: Beat 1P game.
Falcon: Beat 1P game within 20 minutes.
Bowser’s Stadium: Beat 1P game as Bowser.
Duck Hunt: Beat Traverse through Level with all starting characters.
Final Destination: Beat 1P game on normal, 3 stocks, and no continues.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll send a reminder to anyone who wants to submit a unlock criteria for the secret characters and stages.

Also, I’ll submit another item, pokemon, and song.

1631495262310.png

My next item will be the Star Rod from Kirby, which works exactly like in SSB.
File:009BlastoiseRB.png
My next pokemon is Blastoise, which works exactly like in SSB.

The next song I’m submitting is Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior for Crateria.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
We’ll end up giving Captain Falcon his original special moves, and we’ll use my unlock criteria.

Since the only content left missing from this proposed game are items, pokemon, and music, I’ll put 2 “jobs” up.

Job 30: Submit Items, Pokemon, and a track for Bowser‘s Stadium, Excitebike Arena, Archanea, Corneria, Safari Zone, Duck Hunt, and Final Destination. The first five non-container items, the first container item, the first three pokemon, and first track for each stage will be added. This job is done when all things are filled.

Job 31: Submit a way for us to approach part II, which is the alternate Melee, in terms of returning veterans, items, pokemon, stages in addition to our creation of a Smash 2 poll.

I won’t do anything for job 30 yet, but here’s my idea for job 31:
veterans, items, and pokemon: I thinking that we have users select which veterans, items, and pokemon should return, and those with a strong majority (I’ll say about 2/3 of users) will automatically return. For less popular/more divisive choices, I’ll make a separate poll to see if characters, items, or pokemon should stay as we make progress in the Melee thread.
Stages: I think I would have us vote for our three most wanted stages to return, and the three most popular ones automatically return. As we get further, I’ll make polls to see if more stages should return, but players can resubmit older stages as nominations also.
Smash 2 Poll: Each user will submit 5 characters who they want or feel that should be added, ranking them 1st to 5th. Characters in 1st get 5 points, and worse ranks means fewer points. Then, I’ll make a tally of the points for each character.

Last edited:
Job 30:
Pokemon:
  • Eevee (Attack: Tackle. It tackles the enemy with his tail)
  • Victreebel (Attack: Sludge Bomb. He shoots out of his mouth a sludge bomb that gives the enemy Poison Damage)
  • Jolteon (Attack: Thunderbolt. He summons Thunderbolt to attack the Random enemy)
Items:
  • Bob-omb (Mario) (Acts like a Bomb that after throwing, it explodes)
  • Smart Bomb (Star Fox) (Acts like in SSB)
  • Mr. Saturn (EarthBound) (Acts like in SSBM)
  • Fire Flower (Mario) (when touched, it can cause your moves give a flame effect)
  • Laser Sword (OG) (Acts like in SSB)
Track For Bowser's Stadium: Bowser Theme from Super Mario 64.
Container Item: Barrel (SSB) (It works like SSB counterpart)
Track for ExciteBike Arena: ExciteBike NES theme.

Job 31:
Characters: Veterans will return, and there are new first 6 characters that they will join smash.
Pokemon: Veteran Return and some new are automatically added)
Items: Veterans will return, but there are new items that we need to vote on.
Stages: There are gonna be more of them, including Veteran. The nomination voting for Stages will return, but there are gonna be more submittions.

Smash 2 poll: Well, it would be that we need to pick 6 characters and vote which 6 character will join first the Smash 2 AU. If one of the wins, it would be added, but if the worst one loses, too bad. But that lost submittion can be renominated in Future after adding first 6 characters to the game.

The other tracks:
Duck Hunt: Duck Hunt theme
Safari Zone: Pokemon title theme (GB)
Corneria: Corneria (Star Fox 64)
Archanea: Fire Emblem overworld theme
Final Destination: Final Destination theme from Real SSB

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the poll results, we’ll use my approach for the sequel and Smash 2 poll.
Now we our finished with the making our alternate SSB64. I’ll start the Smash 2 thread tomorrow, so people can look at and share their opinion on our alternate SSB64.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I just created the new thread for the alternate Smash 2, and the first job is for creating a “Smash 2 Poll”

Last edited:
Top Bottom