• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, part 3: Brawl

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 19:

1 Vs. random opponent
2 2-on-2
3 Free-for-all
4 Vs. giant opponent
Bonus 1: Target Smash
5 Vs. random opponent x10
6 Coin Battle
7 Stamina Battle
8 Vs, random opponent
Bonus 2: Target Smash
9 King of the Hill
10 Vs. Fighting Alloy Team
11 Vs. Metal Bros (if Waluigi gets in, then there'll be a 50/50 chance you fight metal versions of him and Wario instead)
12 Vs. Master Hand

Last edited:
Job 19:

1. Vs. Random opponent
2. 1v2
3. Free-for-all
4. 2v2
Bonus: Race to the Finish
5. Vs. Giant opponent
6. Stamina Battle
7. Coin Battle
8. King of the Hill
Bonus: Target Smash
9. Free-for-all
10. Vs. Fighting Alloy Team
11. 1v4 Metal
12. Vs. Master Hand or Bowser

Trophies for Today:
1. Warrior Mech Gauss
2. Barbara the Bat
3. Ryota Hayumi (Wave Race)
4. Leon Powalski (Star Fox)
5. Kat and Ana (Wario)

(Can you make Final Smash Trophies like in Real Smash?)

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135
Stage 1: 1v1 battle
Stage 2: 2v2 battle
Stage 3: 3v1 giant character
Stage 4: 1v2 battle
Minigame: Traverse through level
Stage 5: 1v1 battle
Stage 6: 2v2 battle
Stage 7: 1v3 battle
Minigame: Traverse through level
Stage 8: vs. Polygon Fighting Team
Stage 9: vs. Metal Character
Stage 10: vs. Bowser
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch
1 Vs. random opponent
2 2-on-2
3 Free-for-all
4 Vs. giant opponent
Bonus 1: Target Smash
5 Vs. random opponent x10
6 Coin Battle
7 Stamina Battle
8 Vs, random opponent
Bonus 2: Target Smash
9 King of the Hill
10 Vs. Fighting Alloy Team
11 Vs. Metal Bros (if Waluigi gets in, then there'll be a 50/50 chance you fight metal versions of him and Wario instead)
12 Vs. Master Hand
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
1. Vs. Random opponent
2. 1v2
3. Free-for-all
4. 2v2
Bonus: Race to the Finish
5. Vs. Giant opponent
6. Stamina Battle
7. Coin Battle
8. King of the Hill
Bonus: Target Smash
9. Free-for-all
10. Vs. Fighting Alloy Team
11. 1v4 Metal
12. Vs. Master Hand or Bowser
Vote for your two most wanted, where your submission is not first.

1. Butters Stotch Butters Stotch
2. Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

I’ll add final smash trophies, but I’m unsure how they would be collected.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Tyrannitar is joining the pokemon list.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Pupp135 Pupp135 1
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch 5
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 2

We’ll use the Classic Mode format that Butters Stotch Butters Stotch proposed.
Below is a poll to see if Duel Zone should be the final Classic Mode stage:

Job 20: Nominate a Sonic and Metal Gear Stage and how it would work.
Green Hill Zone.jpg
For the Sonic Stage, I’ll nominate Green Hill Zone, which works similarly to the one in Ultimate, but the blocks are not breakable.

For the Metal Gear Stage, I’ll instead go with Zanzibar Land, which will function like Castle Siege.

The first part of the stage will be the front entrance of the Zanzibar Building, which has a walk-off format. The hazard in this case would be guards attacking the players.

The second part of the stage will be a destroyed Bridge of Sorrow, which effectively has the layout of Beidge of Eldin after the Bridge breaks.

The last part is the Detention Camp, where the harzards are rats and sulphuric acid used to remove the rats.

Job 21: Nominate Specials and Final Smashes for Isaac and Lucario.

For Isaac’s specials, I’ll reuse the Super Smash Flash 2 ones, and for Lucario, I’ll reuse the ones in Brawl.

Job 20:
Chemical Plant Zone

The Layout of it would be similar to Boxing Ring, but there's not Boxing Ring here and there is huge single platfrom with 2 connected Wavy Roads from Chemical Plant Zone.
Occasionally, Eggman would fly in Background for some reason.

Shadow Moses Island

I nominate SM Island, which it could act same like in real Smash games.

Trophy Submissions for Today:
1. Paper Mario
2. Toon Link
3. Starman (Mother)
4. N64 Console
5. SNES Console

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sonic:

City Escape
Takes place in the city. There are various rails and signs that act as platforms. There are cars that act as hazards. Every now and then then a warning would flash on screen, and the Truck boss will drive through the stage.

Metal Gear:

Big Shell

The main setting of the opening of Metal Gear Soild 2. The lay out would be sort of similar to this custom stage. Players can fall onto the water. Every now and then the stage will be attacked by terrorist forces, leading to explosions that can harm the fighters

Last edited by a moderator:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 20:

Again, I don't have much history with Metal Gear, so I'll just do a stage for Sonic. My choice is Station Square from Sonic Adventure. Interestingly, instead of starting out in its original state, it's flooded from the get-go. Players fight atop the broken buildings and pieces of rubble strewn around. Perfect Chaos appears in the background and will occasionally fire a large beam at players.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations

Pupp135 Pupp135 Grenn Hill Zone and Zanzibar Land
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Chemical Plant Zone and Shadow Moses Island
@Darkonedagger City Escape and Big Shell
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Station Square

Vote for your three most wanted Sonic Stages and two most wanted Metal Gear stages, where your nomination is not first.

1. Station Square
2. City Escape
3. Green Hill Zone

1. Big Shell
2. Shadow Moses Island

Since there was only one nomination for Isaac and Lucario’s specials and final smashes, we’ll go with my nomination.

Since Duel Zone is not the last stage, a different stage will be later selected for the Master Hand.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Green Hill Zone 10
Station Square 5
City Escape 9
Chemical Plant Zone 6

Zanzibar Land 2
Shadow Moses Island 7
Big Shell 6

We’ll use Green Hill Zone and Shadow Moses Island as our stages.

Job 22: Select a retro character, and state why they would be a good addition to the roster.

I initially thought of nominating the Ice Climbers from Ice Climber, but I’ll nominate the Juggler from the Game & Watch series since this series was highly influential, and he would be one of the weirdest additions to the roster.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 22:

As he’s third party, this might be cheating, but I'm submitting the original Mega Man for this job. Though he has made more modern appearances since Brawl, before its release, he had practically been phased out for other incarnations and subseries to the point that he only made appearances in rereleases and occasional spin-offs after the release of Mega Man 8. He kinda took a backseat after the first X game. I think his NES origins and connections could somewhat allow him to pass as a retro rep. Heck, G&W was seeing compilations years after the original console came out.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 22:

As he’s third party, this might be cheating, but I'm submitting the original Mega Man for this job. Though he has made more modern appearances since Brawl, before its release, he had practically been phased out for other incarnations and subseries to the point that he only made appearances in rereleases and occasional spin-offs after the release of Mega Man 8. He kinda took a backseat after the first X game. I think his NES origins and connections could somewhat allow him to pass as a retro rep. Heck, G&W was seeing compilations years after the original console came out.
Since we have not reached our cap with third party characters, Mega Man is eligible.

Job 22:
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)

Mach Rider is protagonist of 1985's NES game called "Mach Rider" and he is a Biler, who fights Aliens on Bike while searching for his new home on Earth in Futuristic Year 2112.
Mach Rider is considered as one of Nintendo's Obscure characters and he was even planned to be Revived in Captain Rainbow game, but he was Scrapped from it.

Mach Rider could fight like Captain Falcon, but he could use his Bike in some attacks like ExciteBiker (Smash AU) and Wario (Real Smash Universe) did. His Final Smash could be Similar to Captain Falcon one, but he could summon barrage of Quadrunners to attack the Opponents, KOing them.
Mach Rider could be Mid-Heavyweight character and he could have Similar playstyle to Captain Falcon, but he could borrow some stuff from ExciteBiker's playstyle.

I nominate Mach Rider as Retro Character, because he could Represent NES Era of Nintendo and he could be ExciteBiker's replacement for this Smash game and he could have unique and interesting moveset potential with usage of Bike in some attacks like in Super Smash Bros. Crusade.

Trophy Submissions:
1. Cynthia (Pokemon)
2. Dr. Stewart (F-Zero)
3. Nightmare (Kirby)
4. Polar Bear (Ice Climber)
5. Game Boy Console

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Mach Rider
2. Pit
3. Ice Climbers

Shout out to Mega Man. I do think he should be our final third party rep but I kind of want our retro rep to be a first party character

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Juggler 2
Pit 10
Ice Climbers 11
Mach Rider 7
Mega Man 11

There is a tie between Ice Climbers and Mega Man, so I’ll use a poll to decide which retro character should join.

Job 23: Submit a Star Fox and Metroid Stage, and how it would work.
SSF2 Krazoa Palace.png
Frigate Orpheon.jpg
I’ll nominate Krazoa Palace and Frigate Orpheon. The former works like the one in Super Smash Flash, and the latter is like the one in Brawl.

Job 24: Submit Final Smashes for Link, Young Link, Ganon, Samus, and Marth.

All of the four in Brawl keep their original final smash, and Ganon will just use Ganondorf’s.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 23:

My choice for a new Metroid stage is Phendrana Canyon, as we don't have many ice or rock themed stages. You fight on the bridge, which is surrounded by pits on both sides and some floating platforms. Pretty simple stuff.

I'll submit Meteo Campaigns from SSF2 as the Star Fox stage.

Job 24:

I'll go with the Magic Armor as Link's Final Smash. With it, he becomes invisible and gains a large boost in stats.

As this version of Young Link is from Wind Waker, my idea for his Final Smash is to have him play the Ballad of Gales, which summons a huge cyclone to blow everyone away.

While Ganondorf is technically an inferior form, I think it would be strange if he were to be left out of the battlefield completely, so I propose that, as a loose reference to the final battle in Twilight Princess, Ganon turns back into his Gerudo form and uses the Sword of the Six Sages as his Final Smash. He pulls out the sword, and hits opponents with a barrage of powerful slashes, similar to the Links' Triforce Slash. Since Chrom is both part of Robin's Final Smash and his own character, I don't think this would deconfirm him.

My pick for Samus's Final Smash is the Zero Laser, not the one she uses in Brawl and onward, but the one Zero Suit has in Ultimate.

Marth's Final Smash can stay as is.

Last edited:
Metroid Stage submission:
Brinstar

I nominate Brinstar as Stage without any changes to fit the Real Smash aesthetic.

Star Fox:
Venom (Star Fox)

I nominate Venom from Star Fox as Stage. Acts same like in Real Smash games, but the Wolfens are appearing as additional Platforms on the map.

Final Smash Job:
I keep all Final Smashes. No changes.

Young Link's new final Smash:
Fierce Deity Mask

When activated, Young Link puts a Fierce Deity Mask and becomes buffed with all stats going up. He has some moveset changes like his attacks have more knockback and he coul float like Peach in some occasions.

Trophy submission for Today (Again...):
1. Goomba (Mario)
2. Tricky (Star Fox)
3. Metal Gear Rex
4. Pig (Cubivore)
5. Fish (Balloon Fight)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Krazoa Palace and Frigate Orpheon
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Meteo Campaigns and Phendrana Canyon
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Venom and Brinstar

Vote for your two most wanted, where yours is not first

1. Meteo Campaigns
2. Krazoa Palace

1. Phendrana Canyon
2. Frigate Orpheon (I accidentally put Brinstar here)

From the poll, Mega Man is our retro fighter.

Polls will be used for Link, Samus, and Ganon’s final smashes
For Final Smashes, Link‘s is between Triforce Slash and Magic Armor.

For Samus, we’ll decide on Samus’s Zero Laser or Zero Suit Samus’s one from Ultimate.
For Ganon, we’ll decide between Beast Ganon and Ganondorf.
For Young Link, vote for your two most wanted among Triforce Slash, Fierce Diety Mask, and Ballad of Gales, where your submission is not first.

1. Ballad of Gales
2. Triforce Slash

For final smashes: Marth’s final smash is critical hit.

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
1. Krazoa Palace
2. Meteo Campaigns

1. Frigate Orpheon
2. Phendrana Canyon

1. Fierce Deity Mask
2. Ballad of Gales

Trophy submissions:
1. Mega Man X
2. Zero
3. Iris (Mega Man X4)
4. Proto Man
5. Bass

By the way, I don't think first party retros are ruled out. Melee, Brawl, and Sm4sh all introduced two each.

While I don't dislike the faithfulness he has to his NES self in Sm4sh and Ultimate, since characters were a little less complex in the first games, I could see Mega Man using his modern design and more expressions and emotions in this alternate Brawl, having been introduced earlier.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Krazoa Palace 8
Venom 3
Meteo Campaigns 4

Krazoa Palace will be our Star Fox stage

Frigate Orpheon 8
Phendrana Canyon 5
Brinstar 2

Frigate Orpheon is our Metroid Stage

For Young Link’s Final Smash

Triforce Slash 2
Ballad of Gales 7
Fierce Diety Mask 3
Ballad of Gales is Young Link’s final smash.

Also, Link’s final smash is Magic Armor, Samus’s is the one that Zero Suit Samus uses in Ultimate, and Ganon’s has him transform into Ganondorf.

Job 25: Nominate a Pokemon not from our alternate Melee.

For this job, I’ll renominate Gardevoir.

From Bulbapedia.
I’ll nominate Gardevoir, which works like the other SSB games.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 25:
1642262149255.jpeg

Since Plusle and Minun were likely supposed to replace Pichu in Brawl, I'll submit them as our next Pokéball summon. I'm not saying this would rule out Pichu entirely, as both could easily get in. Only one appears when summoned, not both, but they function the exact same as one another, both using discharge.

Trophy submissions:
1. Fusion Suit (Metroid Fusion)
2. Cranky Kong
3. Cardboard Box (Metal Gear Solid)
4. Midna
5. Deathborn (F-Zero GX)

I was about to joke about Alfonzo being a stand-in for Ganon's Final Smash if Ganondorf got in, but I remembered that Spirit Tracks wasn't out yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom