• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, part 3: Brawl

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Zelda 8
Baby Mario Bros. 6
Olimar 7
Lugia 2
Isaac 14

Isaac will be our first Nintendo newcomer.

I also forgot to add that we’ll use Brawl’s format for All-Star Mode.

Job 8: Nominate new stages for the Mario and Pokemon franchises.

Rainbow Road (DS)
SSF2 Sky Pillar.png
I’ll nominate Rainbow Road and Sky Pillar. The first one works similar to the one in SSB3DS, but the theme is MKDS’s, and the second one is like Super Smash Flash 2’s.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 8

The March Of The Minis

The layout would be reminiscent of our universes wrecking crew. with the platforms looking like the grass and girders from Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2. but instead of ladders they are just holes that drop down.

Throughout the stage Mini Marios, Mini Donkey Kongs and Mini Peaches would walk across the platforms dropping down to each floor. running into the minis damages you.

Sinnoh Pokemon League

This would take place on top of the mountain it is a flat platform that stretches' out to the edge of the cliff where you can fall off and you can swim in the middle and the 4 trees act as platforms.

The Castle in the background would be static and 4 a pokemon from one of the members teams may walk through the door. Occasionally the entrance hall will light up and Palkia, Dialga or Cresselia will break through the door leaving the doorway open with one of those pokemon looking at the battle.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 8:

Super Mario Galaxy began development in 2004 and was intended to release for the GameCube, so I think it could be possible to show off the game in some capacity. I'll submit a stage simply titled Mario Galaxy. It functions very similarly to Galaxy Tours from Super Smash Flash 2, except you start off at the Comet Observatory and Melty Molten Galaxy replaces Freezeflame Galaxy.

As for Pokemon, as Pokemon Stadium got a follow-up stage in Brawl, I'll do the opposite and submit Poke Floats 2, a sequel stage to a fan favorite. It would feature Pokemon that were absent from the original stage or didn't exist. It would look somewhat like these two images.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations

Pupp135 Pupp135 Rainbow Road and Sky Pillar
cashregister9 cashregister9 March of the Minis and Sinnoh Pokemon League
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Mushroomy Kingdom and Spear Pillar
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Mario Galaxy and Pokefloats 2

Vote for your three most wanted Mario and Pokemon stages, where your submission is not first.

1. March of the Minis
2. Rainbow Road
3. Mario Galaxy

1. Pokefloats 2
2. Spear Pillar
3. Sky Pillar

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
When we're gonna submit Collectable Trophies like in Melee?
I imagine quite soon. I'm interested in how we'll handle Stickers, Chronicle, and Masterpieces, as I have an idea on what to do for the first two if anyone's interested, though maybe I should wait until we potentially cover them later (unless the OP is fine with doing it now).

1. Rainbow Road
2. Mario Galaxy
3. March of the Minis

1. Sinnoh Pokémon League
2. Sky Pillar
3. Poke Floats 2

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Since I discussed it in a previous post, I'll give my proposal now on how I'd go on doing Stickers, Masterpieces, and Chronicle. I thought about waiting until later to do it, especially since we'd likely be given the opportunity to vote and collectively suggest ideas, but I'll do mine now for the heck of it:

The idea I had for Stickers and Chronicle would be to merge them into one. Chronicle originally only listed the names and release years of games, but now, the actual boxarts would be depicted. They would be collected and used like regular Stickers, but would show game covers instead of characters and items. Every time a new one is discovered, it gets added to "The Collection", which is basically the original Chronicle, but with boxarts and short descriptions added. The album and photoshoots would still be available. There are a total of 700 stickers to replace, but I think that could be doable.

Aside from changing the selection of games, I'd keep Masterpieces the way it is.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Rainbow Road 8
March of the Minis 5
Mushroomy Kingdom 5
Mario Galaxy 11

Sky Pillar 6
Sinnoh Pokemon League 8
Spear Pillar 7
Pokefloats 2 9

Mario Galaxy and Pokefloats 2 are added.

Job 9: Submit an assist trophy and describe how it would work (Note: any character added as an assist trophy is not allowed to join the roster).
Kamek YIDS.png
The assist trophy that I’ll nominate right now is Kamek from the Yoshi’s Island series.
He would use spells to nerf enemy players (slow, increased knockback, damage, tiny).

For collectable trophies, we can start that now (unlike assists and pokeballs, trophies do not disconfirm characters). Every 24 hours, you can submit 5 trophies (I’ll leave 300 as the current limit).

Since I discussed it in a previous post, I'll give my proposal now on how I'd go on doing Stickers, Masterpieces, and Chronicle. I thought about waiting until later to do it, especially since we'd likely be given the opportunity to vote and collectively suggest ideas, but I'll do mine now for the heck of it:

The idea I had for Stickers and Chronicle would be to merge them into one. Chronicle originally only listed the names and release years of games, but now, the actual boxarts would be depicted. They would be collected and used like regular Stickers, but would show game covers instead of characters and items. Every time a new one is discovered, it gets added to "The Collection", which is basically the original Chronicle, but with boxarts and short descriptions added. The album and photoshoots would still be available. There are a total of 700 stickers to replace, but I think that could be doable.

Aside from changing the selection of games, I'd keep Masterpieces the way it is.
I do like your idea for Stickers and Chronicle.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 9:
1640707258045.jpeg

I'm submitting Navi from The Legend of Zelda how the heck does she have a Wikipedia page as somewhat of a joke Assist. Upon being summoned, she appears in front of the screen the same way Nintendog does and begins reciting those dreaded words ("Hey, listen!") over and over until she disappears.
I do like your idea for Stickers and Chronicle.
Thanks! I'm guessing we'll cover them at a later point, as other aspects like Trophies are more important. Speaking of trophies, I'll make my first five submissions:
1. May (Pokémon)
2. Ridley
3. King K. Rool
4. Sami (Advance Wars)
5. Shadow the Hedgehog wHeRe'S tHaT dAmN fOuRtH cHaOs EmErAlD

Last edited:
Job 9:
Aparoid (Star Fox)

Aparoid is a Alien Species from from Star Fox Series and it has Purple Bug-Like design comparing to other variations like Aparoid Crawler. They are commanded by Aparoid Queen, who is the Antagonist of Star Fox Assault and Command.

When summoned, it parallels Andross' AT role, which he goes into Background and aims to shoot the Green Beam at opponents from Background. When Beam hits an opponents, it gets high damage.
It appears for Short Time and it dissappears after being for while.
Aparoid can't be KOed.

I nominate Aparoid, because he could be Star Fox rep for Assist and he could parallel Andross' AT role, which it means that Aparoid could be more useful since it's Alternate Universe, where some Assists get swapped out like Aparoid for Andross' place.
It also could be an Assist based on Mook.

My Submissions for Trophies:
1. Waluigi
2. Mona (Warioware)
3. Big Boss (Metal Gear)
4. Duck Hunt Dog and Ducks (Uses it's design based on Duck Hunt Box Artwork)
5. ExciteBiker

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Kamek 11
Navi 3
Aparoid 4
Tails 12

Tails and Kamek are our first two assist fighters.

Job 10: Submit an item and describe how it would work.

FEMN Geosphere.png
For something different, I’ll nominate the geosphere from the fire emblem series, which gives 20 damage to all players.

Job 10:
Food (Original)

I'm gonna submit Food from Real Smash. Works same as healing item.

Trophy submissions:
1. Princess Daisy - Mario
2. Ganondorf - Legend of Zelda
3. Black Shadow (F-Zero) - F-Zero
4. F-Type (Stunt Race FX) - others
5. Mach Rider (Mach Rider) - others

(Also, can you do Job List like you did back in Melee?)

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 10:
Assist Trophy (Original)

It works like in Smash, which it summons random characters.
Plus, we need an Item to summons Assist Trophies like Kamek.

Trophy submissions:
1. Princess Daisy - Mario
2. Ganondorf - Legend of Zelda
3. Black Shadow (F-Zero) - F-Zero
4. F-Type (Stunt Race FX) - others
5. Mach Rider (Mach Rider) - others

(Also, can you do Job List like you did back in Melee?)
Since I thought of automatically thought of adding the assist trophy feature with the assist fighters, feel free to submit another item.
I can make a list of upcoming jobs.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Happy New Year, and I hope everyone’s 2022 is going well so far.

Here are the votes
Gardevoir 3
Kyogre 11
Bonsley 4
Mamoswine 6

Kyogre and Mamoswine are the first pokemon added.

Jobs 12 and 13: nominate final smashes to the Mainline Mario cast and a character who debuted in 2005-2006 and state why this character would be a good addition to the roster.

For my final smashes, I like Mario, Luigi, and Bowser’s as they are in Ultimate.
Instead of Peach Blossom, I’ll nominate similar to an old move that the Super Smash Flash cast intended to use, which is her using heart beams on each side of the player.
For Toad’s final smash, I think that him having a giant pow block that deals a ton of knockback to players on the ground would be a good option.

Lucario.png
For the newcomer, I’ll go with Lucario since the Sinnoh region in Pokemon is on its way, and it hesvily used to promote the upcoming region.

Job about Final Smashes:
Bowser's could be like in Brawl and SSB4, which it could be controllable Giga Bowser.
Luigi keeps his Negative Zone, but it's more useful.
I'm gonna keep Mario and Peach one.

Toad's Final smash could be, where he Uses Mega Mushroom and starts to stomp on stage, squishing Players.
After that, he becomes normal.

Newcomer submission:
Chibi-Robo!
1641073643312.png

Chibi-Robo is main character of his series. He is a pint-sized robot that helps doing Family's chores and he is Jenny's Gift. He is one of Modern Nintendo characters and he debuted on Gamecube, which it makes him as Gamecube rep in AU Brawl.
His game got released on June 26, 2005, which it makes him as 2005-2006 Character.

He could have moveset potential like he could attack with his Plug tail that he has on the Back and he could swing it in some attacks. He could use stuff from Jenny's house as his attacks for example like Toothbrush as Side special.
He would have a gimmick, where he has a Battery Bar and when he moves, it drains, making him weaker. His down B can recharge his battery to make him stronger for battle. If the Meter is empty, he becomes helpless and he would give weak damage for opponent.
He could be Medium-sized Lightweight Zoner character due to focusing on Far Range attacks.

I nominate Chibi-Robo as Newcomer, because he could represent his Franchise and he could be Gamecube rep in Brawl like I said earlier. He could be cool addition to game due to being popular Nintendo Character and he could have a lot of moveset potential for fight!
Besides, he could be first Newcomer to have Bar gimmick in game, which it makes him more unique.

PS: You forgot about Today's Trophy submissions!

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I’m having problems with images at the moment, so I’ll submit the jobs without them.

Job 12:

Mario’s would be Fire Mario. He can still be harmed in this state, but his stats, especially strength, increase tenfold and all of his attacks now have fire/explosion effects.

Luigi’s is Mr. L from Super Paper Mario. It functions pretty much the exact same as Mario’s Final Smash, except with electric effects.

Bowser jumps into his trusty Clown Car and begins flying across the stage, damaging opponents upon contact, and occasionally dropping giant cannonballs from the mouth.

Peach would have Empress Peach from Mario Strikers Charged. She would activate the form and fly head-on at opponents. This would act like Marth’s Critical Hit in a way.

As with with OP’s submission, Toad’s Final Smash is the POW Block.

Job 13:

I’ll submit Ike as a second Fire Emblem character. His game was available at the time of Brawl’s planning and he was already set to appear again in Radiant Dawn. Hindsight or not, he’s one of FE’s most popular characters, alongside Lyn, who debuted earlier, and Roy, who was in our version of Melee.

I thought about submitting either Mii or Jimmy Hopkins (from Bully) for this job. Someone else can submit these guys if they want, though I may reconsider them for future jobs.

1. Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
2. Dixie Kong
3. Samurai Goroh
4. Saki (Sin & Punishment)
5. Ashley Robbins (Trace Memory)

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations:

Final Smashes:

Mario: Mario Finale ( Pupp135 Pupp135 and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ) and Fire Mario ( Butters Stotch Butters Stotch )
Luigi: Poltergust-3000 ( Pupp135 Pupp135 ), Negative Zone ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ), Mr. L ( Butters Stotch Butters Stotch )
Bowser: Giga Bowser Punch ( Pupp135 Pupp135 ), Giga Bowser ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ), Clown Car ( Butters Stotch Butters Stotch )
Peach: Heart Beams ( Pupp135 Pupp135 ), Peach Blossom ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ), Empress Peach ( Butters Stotch Butters Stotch )
Toad: Pow Block ( Pupp135 Pupp135 and Butters Stotch Butters Stotch ), Mega Mushroom ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )

For Luigi, Bowser, and Peach’s Final Smashes, vote for your two most wanted, where your submission is not first.

1. Mr. L
2. Poltergust-3000

1. Giga Bowser
2. Giga Bowser Punch

1. Peach Blossom
2. Heart Beam

For Mario and Toads, there will be polls:
Mario’s:https://strawpoll.com/jb8dbc1sp

Toad’s:https://strawpoll.com/hs64dguzz

2005/2006 character

Pupp135 Pupp135 Lucario
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Chibi Robo
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Ike
@Darkonedagger Midna

Vote for your three most wanted, where your submission is not first.

1. Midna
2. Ike
3. Lucario

Last edited:
Top Bottom