• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting is closed!
  • Monika: 15 points
  • Kris and Candyman: 14 points
  • Juan: 8 points
  • Gingerbrave: 6 points
  • Gomez: 3 points
So, who's wrapping up our first season of DLC? Well...
It's Just Monika!

Monika's stage will be the Classroom. Congratulations to Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 !

Themes:
Visual Novels
Horror
Literature
School
Metafiction​

Job 245: Submit a moveset for Monika!
Please submit five special moves and a guard for Monika.

Job 246: Vote on Monika's bonus content!

Submissions/voting close tomorrow afternoon!

FazDude

Smash Master
Monika Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Edit
    • Monika extends her arms forward, creating a mess of garbled, glitchy static in front of her. The static deals multiple hits of weak damage to opponents, but the real kicker is its ability to induce status effects - It can freeze, paralyze, or poison opponents, as well as reverse their controls!
  • Forward Special: Sayori
    • Sayori, eager to help Monika out, runs forward as a makeshift projectile. She'll deal multiple damage to opponents she comes in contact with, eventually tripping over herself and falling before despawning.
  • Back Special: Warp
    • Monika suddenly disappears in a burst of static, only to reappear a few feet in the direction opposite of where she was facing. Inputting the special again while Monika's gone will instead have her reappear at her original location before suddenly sliding over to where she was originally going, acting as a strong hitbox.
  • Up Special: Natsuki
    • A ladder appears in front of Monika, with Natsuki at the top holding a box of manga. Monkika quickly climbs up the latter, scaring Natsuki as she drops her books. While this move is only a mediocre recovery, the fallen manga can deal damage over a large area.
  • Down Special: Yuri
    • Yuri appears and sits down, reading some sort of book. Opponents who come in contact with her will trip over and be temporarily stunned until Yuri finishes her book and leaves.
  • Guard: Glitch Protection
    • A glitchy aura appears around Monika - This aura doesn't protect Monika from melee attacks, but can absorb projectiles in order to heal her, similar to Ness' PSI Magnet.

FazDude

Smash Master
Usually I extend jobs for a day after Crashboards happens, but since I doubt anyone else is gonna submit for this current job, I might as well close it now. My moveset wins by default.

In addition, Monika's bonus content will be an additional stage!
----
Job 247: Submit alternate costumes for Monika!
Please submit eight or sixteen colors/costumes for Monika.

Job 248: Submit music for the Classroom!
Please submit six songs for the Classroom stage. These should mainly hail from DDLC, but as long as something follows any of Monika's themes, they should be okay.

Job 249: Submit an additional stage!
Please submit a stage which follows one of Monika's themes (Visual Novels, Horror, Literature, School, Metafiction).

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job 248:
Doki Doki Literature Club!
Poem Panic!
Your Reality
Dreams Of Love and Literature
Dear Sunshine
Play With Me

Job 249:

The Mansion (Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion)

The mansion from another somewhat famous indie horror game: Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion. The stage will start off in a normal-looking room with Spooky watching above in amusement. But during the fight, Specimen 9 will come in and change the appearance of the room into one of the many rooms in the mansion with more Specimen appearing in the background as they walk around or watch the fight or perhaps interfere the fight as stage hazards.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Monika's alt job will be repeated today.
  • Please vote for the Classroom's music here.
  • The Mansion will be the bonus stage by default. Congratulations to Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 !
---
Job 247 (cont.): Submit alternate costumes for Monika!

Job 250: Submit three super moves for Monika!

Job 251: Submit six music tracks for the Mansion!

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job 247: Monika's alternate costumes

-Default Outfit
-Sayori (Monika would have orange hair and a pink uniform.)
-Natsuki (Monika would have pink hair, white uniform, and pink skirt)
-Yuri (Having Purple Hair, a beige uniform, and black skirt)
-Weird Glitches (Blond hair and red uniform)
-Dark (her clothes are mostly dark askin to a goth)
-White Dress (Monika will be in her white dress in some of the art)
-Black Dress (Monika would then have a black dress as well)

Job 250:

1. Monika would summon Sayori, Natsuki, and Yuri all together to make a welcome party for one or more of the fighters by making cookies, pulling up piles of manga, and tons of pencils. But Sayori would accidently trip onto of the stuff they were making which caused a series of accidents where everything falls down into the fighters, ending it with the girls sighing but smiling in the end.

2. Monika will begin to write a poem and attempt to send it directly to the player beyond the screen itself. Only for it to causes glitches that affects the other fighters and knocking them back with some hard damage. All while Monika looked embarrassed with herself and laughed it off with a smile.

3. Finally, Monika decided to hold nothing back and go directly the game's code and/or files in a attempt delete the other fighters. If on low damage, it will deal an ton of damage but won't be KO'd. However. if their damage is high enough. They will be immediately be removed from the battlefield which cause them to lose a stock and such.

Job 251:
Your Consenting Mind - Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion
Specimen 1 Theme (REMIX) - Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion
Music Box - Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion
The Merchant - Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion
STRANGE WIGGLES - Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion
Breakfast Was Too Early - Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion OST

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
1. Monika would summon Sayori, Natsuki, and Yuri all together to make a welcome party for one or more of the fighters by making cookies, pulling up piles of manga, and tons of pencils. But Sayori would accidently trip onto of the stuff they were making which caused a series of accidents where everything falls down into the fighters, ending it with the girls sighing but smiling in the end.

2. Monika will begin to write a poem and attempt to send it directly to the player beyond the screen itself. Only for it to causes glitches that affects the other fighters and knocking them back with some hard damage. All while Monika looked embarrassed with herself and laughed it off with a smile.

3. Finally, Monika decided to hold nothing back and decided to go directly the game's code and/or files in a attempt delete the other fighters. If on low damage, it will deal an ton of damage but won't be KO'd. However. if their damage is high enough. They will be immediately be removed from the battlefield which cause them to lose a stock and such.
Do you have names for these supers in mind?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Submissions are closed!
  • Monika's alt job will be repeated today.
  • Please vote for the Classroom's music here.
  • The Mansion will be the bonus stage by default. Congratulations to Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 !
---
Job 247 (cont.): Submit alternate costumes for Monika!

Job 250: Submit three super moves for Monika!

Job 251: Submit six music tracks for the Mansion!

Job #247:
This actually took me a hot minute to try and visualise because of a few difficulties that came up. Nonetheless, I wanted to keep as much of this as possible to in-game connections, avoiding things like fan media, mods, and so forth. I considered alternate models for the other girls, or a "casual outfit", but I felt that it'd be better to focus on her traditional appearance.

1. Monika. Your standard look. Note that she's not permenantly glitchy, I'd imagine she could potentially play into it from time to time but not always.
2. Yuri. Herein starts the problem of uniforms. Each of the four "main girls" of DDLC wears a similar uniform, and though there are notable differences such as hair colour and shoe colour, the jacket and skirt is the same. As such, I changed each of them slightly - Yuri's is darkened to give her a colour palette that more closely matches her darker hair tone. Also note the bow - it's coloured after Yuri's hair-pin.
3. Natsuki. Similarly to Yuri, this look gives her a slightly brighter uniform as well as colouring the bow after Natsuki's ribbons.
4. Sayori. This one was the most difficult due to the hair colour, but I did what I could to differentiate this from Monika by slightly changing parts as needed (such as the skirt's saturation.)
5. Textbox. This is specifically based on the various text-boxes in game, changing the uniform to match and also being a pretty fun pastel look for Monika - I felt that their prominence in game, due to it being a visual novel, would make it a perfect thing to represent.
6. Trailer. This is probably the most contrived connection, but it's based on the Monika segment of the original trailer for DDLC - in which her key colour, in reference to her eyes, is green. I felt the grey jacket would be useful to keep things similar, though.
7. Classroom. I like to imagine this one would slightly change Monika's idle animation to be slightly more glitchy, in reference to the latter segments of the game in which Monika's power is more prominent. Notably, if it were possible, the 3D model would actually look more posterised.
8. Ghost Menu. In reference to an easter egg in the game where the girls on the menu become black and white, though also unintentionally a reference to the poems being written in black ink on a white page. Contrived as it might be, I think this one is a cool look for her that gives a unique vibe.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Classroom music will be used.
  • Please vote for Monika's alts here.
  • Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 's Monika supers will be used.
  • Justoneguy1999's Mansion music will be used.
----
Job 252: Submit Monika's animations!
Please submit a stage entrance, three taunts, and/or three victory animations for Monika!

Job 253: Submit a boss for Monika to fight in her Classic Mode route!

I am considering skipping the card job for DDLC, since literally all the established characters would just be added as cards anyway. If people can convince me to do the job, I will do it tomorrow - Otherwise, I'll just add all four girls.

Submissions and alt voting close tomorrow afternoon!

FazDude

Smash Master
Monika Boss: Photoshop Flowey. I think having two game-manipulating villains is a fun concept.

Monika Animations
  • Entrance
    • A pair of school doors glitch onto the stage, with Monika walking out of them before they fizzle out of reality.
  • Taunts
    • Monika scribbles something down in her notebook.
    • Monika covers her mouth and giggles.
    • One of the other girls will appear and cheer Monika on.
  • Victory Animations (unlike most victories, these all take place in the classroom from Act 3, similarly to Sephiroth's victory animations)
    • Monika just stares into the camera.
    • Monika slides a poem across the table to the player, smiling as a text box appears saying "Do you like it?".
    • Monika plays the piano to the tune of her victory theme before giggling.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's Monika alts will be used!
  • My Monika animations will be used.
  • Monika will fight Photoshop Flowey.
  • I'll just add all four DDLC girls as cards, so since that pretty much covers all the game's characters, we'll skip the card job for this DLC pack.
---
This leaves us with one last job for Monika...

Job 254: Submit a Signature Item for Monika!
As a reminder, this should be an item which can be used by any character, but has certain buffs that only Monika can use.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job 254: Monika's Pen (Doki Doki Literature Club!)

Basically it's a pick-up item of course but when you use it. You will be able to write a single word that came from one of Monika's many poems but it will immediately turn glitchy for about 3 seconds before disappearing. Anyone who gets contact with these words will get stunned for 2 seconds. You can only write 1-2 words on the stage until the pen becomes unusable to use. When Monika uses it, she can write about 3-4 words that can last 5 seconds.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! Monika's Pen, as submitted by Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 will be used by default!

Job 244: Submit a fighter + stage for DLC Pack #7!
Please submit a fighter and a stage from their series to appear as the focus of our seventh DLC pack! Since this is the start of our second DLC season, all characters are now back on the table for all submissions! Submit whoever you want!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Yooka-Laylee

I could explain who they are, but I have a video that does that for me!

Yooka and Laylee are similar to, but legally distinct from, Banjo-Kazooie - a bunch of ex-Rare employees decided that if Microsoft isn't going to make the sort of games that made Rare famous, then they'll do it themselves. A chameleon and a bat, Yooka and Laylee have a wide variety of powers like creating sonic shockwaves, curling up into a ball and rolling around, and turning invisible.

Ironically, their first Banjo-Kazooie-inspired game got mixed reviews, though their second game (which was more in the vein of Donkey Kong Country) was highly praised. The games have a bunch of staples that you'd come to expect from Rare - self-aware humour, googly eyes on everything, sudden gameplay changes...

In addition to 2D and 3D platformers, Yooka and Laylee have also been in platform fighters like Brawlout...

...and arena fighters like Mighty Fight Federation...

...so they're no strangers to randomly showing up in indie games and being told to beat people up. (maybe not to the extent that Shovel Knight is, but that's a high bar to clear)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I will nominate the Beheaded, no wait I already submitted him, then I will nominate Saffr- I also already nominate her, hmmmm......

Alright I know who submit.

ZERO
From Katana ZERO

Zero is the protagonist of the game "Katana Zero" a mysterious samurai mercenary who makes use of a drug called Chronos that gives him future vision-like abilities where he can try different paths for accomplish his mission until find the correct way. Katana ZERO is a cool af game with great music and a interesing story that I can't stop to recommend more, seriously, the team has even a FREE DLC with a duration more or less half the whole base game (they where silent for the moment, but who knows we already get Cuphead's DLC, so this could happen).

In terms of the stage...

HOTEL MURDOWER
The Hotel Murdower is one of the firsts stages of the game and is very iconic, in the Hotel Murdower we will fight in the different floors of the hotel being transported to the superior floor by a elevator, the last place is the penthouse and unlike other type of stages here you will be in the penthouse until the end of the match. Like in Katana ZERO there would be items such has bottles or knives that can be grabbed and launched has projectiles.
I will reuse my submission for Zero.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Madotsuki
DLC CHARACTER #2: Madotsuki(Yume Nikki)

Yume Nikki(aka Dream Diary) is one of the best known indie titles from Japan and Madotsuki is also the main character of that game who controls the dream world which will be neat for a unique moveset

DLC STAGE #2: Madotsuki's Apartment
This is based on the one floor apartment that Madotsuki lives in. It may seem boring at first but then the dream world starts to flood to the real world​

Job 188:
Candyman (Lethal League)

Candyman (Lethal League)
View attachment 355151
Who is the Candyman?
Candyman is one of playable characters from 2014 Indie fighting game Lethal League, which it also got a 3D remake called Lethal League Blaze in 2018.
Candyman is a tap-dancing dandy with big yellow head and he uses his cane to hit the ball. His special ability is changing the chemical composition of certain objects to give them strange and odd properties due to his mutation.
He’s jazzy, expressive and crazy. Always enjoying himself too.
(Fun Fact: Did you know that his vocie actor is actual creator of Trollface meme?)

Lethal League is little bit niche indie game comparing to others like Undertale, but it's also a cult classic among it's fans. Candyman is one of most popular LL character and Lethal League should deserves to have a proper representation in Allstar Strife as playable fighter.

His moveset would be borrowed from Lethal League game and he would also have original attacks in game. His main gimmick would be his
ball. He uses his ball as projectile to attack the opponents, but if he loses it, he uses his melee attacks only
(Although he could spawn the ball as his shield special just like Anton).

Also one of hisnSupers would be similar to MinMin's ARMS rush, where he summons other LL characters to attack the opponents.

Why Candyman as Fighter:
I nominate Candyman from Lethal League as fighter, because he would represent Team Reptile's indie game Lethal league, which it wasn't represented as fighter.
Also his moveset would be quirky and unique for a indie fighting game.

Also I'll include it because the song "Ain't nothin' like a funky beat" was made by Hideki Naganuma, who composed this banger.

I forgot that I wanted to present you a song that would appear in his DLC pack (Not submitting by the way). It was composed by Hideki Naganuma (aka FUNKY UNCLE):

Stage submission:

Room 21 is a stage introduced in the original Lethal League and reappeared in Blaze version. The stage is a padded room, appearing to be mental asylum. This stage is home to Candyman because of his insane nature.

The layout of this stage would be flat stage like in the real game. It doesn't include any cameos since it would be a prison.
When the character hits the wall of the room, the alarms will flash red, making the room appear red (the walls can be broken).
Resubmitting Candyman from Lethal League.

D

Deleted member

Arizona (Them's Fighting Heards)
Another fighting game character would be neat since we only have Peacock and Orcane. Arizona would stand out from other options due to being four legged. She would fight with her hooves and whip.

lindsay-towns-m6-prarie-day.jpg

The Prairie
A pretty basic stage. There would be a rock plat form in the middle of the stage. There would be some cactus that you could spike your opponent into for extra damage.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Submissions are closed! Monika's Pen, as submitted by Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 will be used by default!

Job 244: Submit a fighter + stage for DLC Pack #7!
Please submit a fighter and a stage from their series to appear as the focus of our seventh DLC pack! Since this is the start of our second DLC season, all characters are now back on the table for all submissions! Submit whoever you want!

Okay, you can all tell me if this isn't elegible for whatever reason, but I think this would be an exceptionally cool concept to see in a game like this - even if I'm not 100% certain of the specific character to include. Nonetheless, no hard feelings if this isn't allowed due to the circumstances of its creation.

Character Name: D-9341
Character Origin: SCP - Containment Breach (2012)

Based on the the collaborative wiki project known as the SCP Foundation, notable for its melding of concepts such as science fiction, cosmic horror, and urban fantasy, SCP - Containment Breach is probably the best known game based on the world. Notably, whilst an indie game based on a seperate property would usually be disallowed, I think there's a good case for this specifically on the basis of it being based on SCP - which is notably a collaborative effort that is in the Creative Commons, thus not really being "owned by a company" per-se.

D-9341 is the generally blank slate you play as in SCP - Containment Breach, but I think I've come up with an interesting way to represent the project as a whole - specifically, D-9341 would be able to fight with various SCPs that exist within the series. For context, SCPs are the term given to basically any weird or paranormal object or being in the series, which can range from immortal monsters, to bouncing balls that break the laws of physics, all the way to jackets with a surplius of arms inside! Overall, his moveset would mostly consist of using some of these weird and unusual SCPs (as well as perhaps an ability or two from some humanoid SCPs if needed?) The reason I'm suggesting D-9341 as opposed to a more notable character is because D-9341 actually comes from a game - plus, D-Class are more commonly used for SCP testing, so it's more likely a D-Class would be using SCPs in this way.

As for his actual stage, that's quite an interesting one to me:

Stage Name: Site-19
Stage Origin: SCP - Containment Breach (2012, for all intents and purposes)

Site-19 is by far one of the largest individual compounds which the SCP Foundation own and work from within, though I'd personally like to suggest that this specifically takes place in Site-19's break room and cafeteria. Essentially, this is because it'd be the best place to include a wide variety of both characters and objects of note (such as SCP-294, a vending machine that can vend anything in a cup, or perhaps Dr. Jack Bright, an immortal scientist who can transfer his body around.) The stage itself could work a little like one of the segmets of Garreg Mach Monastery, with fighters being able to stand on tables and occasionally even having SCPs come onto the stage that might need to be batted away. (I'm suggesting primarily SCP-682 for a stage hazard - its nature of being practically invulnerable would make it an interesting threat to have to deal with.)

I think that having this "series" present would give us tons to pull from for additional content such as items, companion card assists, buddies and cards - considering the sheer list of SCPs alone is over 8,000 entries long and growing every day, not to mention other notable individuals like Dr. Alto Clef or perhaps introducing MTFs such as Alpha-9 - overall being a great series and piece of media to represent. Nonetheless, if I need to change it up, it's not a worry!

FazDude

Smash Master
Okay, you can all tell me if this isn't elegible for whatever reason, but I think this would be an exceptionally cool concept to see in a game like this - even if I'm not 100% certain of the specific character to include. Nonetheless, no hard feelings if this isn't allowed due to the circumstances of its creation.

Character Name: D-9341
Character Origin: SCP - Containment Breach (2012)

Based on the the collaborative wiki project known as the SCP Foundation, notable for its melding of concepts such as science fiction, cosmic horror, and urban fantasy, SCP - Containment Breach is probably the best known game based on the world. Notably, whilst an indie game based on a seperate property would usually be disallowed, I think there's a good case for this specifically on the basis of it being based on SCP - which is notably a collaborative effort that is in the Creative Commons, thus not really being "owned by a company" per-se.

D-9341 is the generally blank slate you play as in SCP - Containment Breach, but I think I've come up with an interesting way to represent the project as a whole - specifically, D-9341 would be able to fight with various SCPs that exist within the series. For context, SCPs are the term given to basically any weird or paranormal object or being in the series, which can range from immortal monsters, to bouncing balls that break the laws of physics, all the way to jackets with a surplius of arms inside! Overall, his moveset would mostly consist of using some of these weird and unusual SCPs (as well as perhaps an ability or two from some humanoid SCPs if needed?) The reason I'm suggesting D-9341 as opposed to a more notable character is because D-9341 actually comes from a game - plus, D-Class are more commonly used for SCP testing, so it's more likely a D-Class would be using SCPs in this way.

As for his actual stage, that's quite an interesting one to me:

Stage Name: Site-19
Stage Origin: SCP - Containment Breach (2012, for all intents and purposes)

Site-19 is by far one of the largest individual compounds which the SCP Foundation own and work from within, though I'd personally like to suggest that this specifically takes place in Site-19's break room and cafeteria. Essentially, this is because it'd be the best place to include a wide variety of both characters and objects of note (such as SCP-294, a vending machine that can vend anything in a cup, or perhaps Dr. Jack Bright, an immortal scientist who can transfer his body around.) The stage itself could work a little like one of the segmets of Garreg Mach Monastery, with fighters being able to stand on tables and occasionally even having SCPs come onto the stage that might need to be batted away. (I'm suggesting primarily SCP-682 for a stage hazard - its nature of being practically invulnerable would make it an interesting threat to have to deal with.)

I think that having this "series" present would give us tons to pull from for additional content such as items, companion card assists, buddies and cards - considering the sheer list of SCPs alone is over 8,000 entries long and growing every day, not to mention other notable individuals like Dr. Alto Clef or perhaps introducing MTFs such as Alpha-9 - overall being a great series and piece of media to represent. Nonetheless, if I need to change it up, it's not a worry!
As much as I like the SCP Foundation, I do want to focus on indie games which started out as games as opposed to web works. As such, I don't think I can accept this one.

(mentioning scp-294 is based, though; it's one of my favorites)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
As much as I like the SCP Foundation, I do want to focus on indie games which started out as games as opposed to web works. As such, I don't think I can accept this one.

(mentioning scp-294 is based, though; it's one of my favorites)
That's all good! Sorry to be a bother with it - I've got a more traditional pick in mind, though!

In keeping with the themes of secrecy and oddity...

Character Name: Polyblank
Character Origin: Jazzpunk (2014)

Whilst the name of the game might suggest that this could be a beautiful Blade Runner-esque Art Deco experience, Jazzpunk is anything but. Set in an alternate version of the late 1950s, Polyblank works for a top-secret espionage society (or, at least, has ever since the day he was mailed to their base of operations in a human-shaped suitcase.) The game follows Polyblank's series of bizarre and nonsensical operations in various missions, which range from the theft of a cowboy's artificial kidney to the murder of a pig with a ukelele as the murder weapon.

I imagine that Polyblank's "vibe" would, rather than fulfilling the "silent protagonist" feel of the game itself, be more of a representation of the game's nature itself. Polyblank's idle animations and "normal" movements such as walking give him an aura similar to other notable agents, like Fox Mulder or Dale Cooper. However, the moment you start attacking as Polyblank, things get absurd - primarily using his fake cardboard cutout hands for various attacks such as poking and punching, as well as using various bizarre and odd items from inside the game - from being able to hack an ATM and firing out money as a projectile, to tossing a series of photocopies of Polyblank's rear end around him, all the way to tossing a dead pigeon at the opponents (which, thankfully due to its degaussing, doesn't have a magnetic field.)

Notably, Polyblank's appearance would be based on that of the live-action trailer as opposed to the implied character design from in-game, partially because we never see Polyblank in-game, and partially because I think him being a cardboard cutout would be a bit weird. Even so, a taunt where he hides behind a cardboard cutout of himself (in the game's character-design artstyle) before knocking it over seems like a really cool addition.

As for the stage...

Stage Name: Darlington Station
Stage Origin: Jazzpunk (2014)

A train station that may or may not be a subway, Darlington Station is the general base of operations for Polyblank's employers - Nexus6. Whilst the stage would start with the train being stationary, the train would eventually begin to move and act similarly to a subway system - though I think it could be a fun way to represent a lot of unusual circumstances in Jazzpunk, such as the Secretary being completely trapped in a cube of jelly and potentially being a stage hazard, or the train's windows being see-through as we can observe the Director inside, holding on for dear life.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 244:Jacket (hotline miami)

images (4).jpeg

Jacket is the main character from a game duology called Hotline Miami,on the first game,Jacket is playable character and on the second game,he is a side character. Jacket appears on Payday 2 and there is his skin on Fall Guys.

Stage:1989

images (5).jpeg

As a stage,1989 is a car running on the road as a hard platform with a moving platform and a 80's aesthetic background.

Attachments

FazDude

Smash Master
Fighter: CommanderVideo (Bit.Trip Runner)
1660353547905.png

Admitedly, I don't know too much about this character or his series, but being one of the first indie game stars earns him a place on an indie-focused roster IMO.

Stage: Bit.Trip Runner
1660353656493.png

An autoscrolling level similar to Golden Plains. There are occasional obstacles which opponents must jump over.

FazDude

Smash Master
Is roblox elegible?
After a bit of research, here’s what I’m ruling.

Since I can’t find any reliable source making it clear whether the Roblox Corporation itself was indie (and even then, there’s debate on whether Roblox on its own is a game), I’m going to say no to any Roblox “branded” characters. This means no Noob, no Builderman, no Despacito spider, etc.

However, games running on the Roblox engine, such as Piggy and (sigh) Adopt Me, will generally be okay as long as they have their own lineup of original characters.

FazDude

Smash Master
It's voting time!
Please vote for your top four fighter/stage combos for a ranked vote (self-voting is allowed for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th).

My Votes:
  1. Candyman
  2. CommanderVideo
  3. Yooka & Laylee
  4. Arizona

Last edited:
Top Bottom