• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

FazDude

Smash Master
Companion Card 1: The Dog (Duck Season, FPS)

The Dog is the main antagonist of Duck Season, a homage to 80's gaming in which the player controls a young boy who just got the hottest game for the Kingbit Entertainment System - Duck Season! As he plays, though, he comes to figure out that the game's goofy dog mascot isn't all that he seems...

When summoned, The Dog appears and waves before hiding in a bush. Ducks begin to fly across the stage - Coming in contact with one will cause an off-screen hunter to shoot at the duck, killing it and damaging any opponent too close to it. After a while, the Dog will come out of hiding and perform an animation; If at least one duck was shot down, he'll give a thumbs-up. If not, he will laugh at the player. After either animation, he leaves.

Companion Card 2: Ashe (Creatures of Aether, Cards)
1659368509750.png

Ashe is a Legendary card from Creatures of Aether, a card game spinoff of Rivals of Aether.

When summoned, Ashe will run around the stage and attempt to strike opponents with her fiery punches. She can be KO'd.

Victory Themes:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Imposter: Imposter Wins

Frisk: Hope and Dreams

Henry Stickmin: Dance Off Jingle

Springtrap: Toreador (aka Fazbear Music Box)

Will add links later

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I was thinking on save this for a fighter but considering that we have the music already then why not a fighter.

MANKIND IS DEAD.

BLOOD IS FUEL.

HELL IS FULL.

V1 (FPS/Afterlife)
1659398147752.png
The protagonist of ULTRAK1LL, V1 would use his weapons for attack the opponents, particulary it would also have access to toss a coin, shot at it and make the bullets bounce.

For my second option, looking to the Visual Novels....
SABER (Visual Novels)
Saber would use her sword Excalibur to attack the opponent, the sword would be covered in a veil of invisible air making it quite hard to react, before leave the combat Saber would use her defintive move "Excalibur: The Sword of Promised Victory" launching a beam of holy light that deals massive damage (very similar to a character's super move, though Saber requires to do a chant first, so its quite easy to react in comparison to her regular moves).

D

Deleted member

This is maybe the most insane combination of characters I've ever posted in one of these threads.

Postal Dude
From the famously inappropriate FPS series Postal. As far as I can see, Postal counts as an indie game as Running with Scissors self publish. Not sure if this quite counts since Postal 1 was top down, but it didn't quite become the series we know till Postal 2. He'll shout out some cheesy one liner and will shoot with his shotgun a few. As a reference to a mechanic from Postal II, the first shot will fire out a cat, though the cat will walk away safely.
I do not support the politics of later games in this seires but I just think 2 is kind of funny

Bea_d.png

Beatrice (Umineko When They Cry)
From the popular VN. The Golden Witch herself. She'll cackle and fly into the air, floating. She'll shoot down fire at opponents and raise protective barriers around her summoner.

Last edited by a moderator:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Please vote for the next set of Companion Cards here!
  • All victory themes submitted so far will be accepted. This includes the Dance-Off for Henry; It's a very short clip, but I could imagine an extended version working.
----
Job 238: Submit super moves for Neon White!
Since it kinda got buried yesterday, this job will be repeated today.

Job 240: Submit animations for Neon White!
Please submit an entrance, three taunts, and/or three victory animations for Neon White.

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 do you have any ideas for Neon White's supers, taunts, victory poses, etc.? (not sure if you stopped receiving notifications for the thread; it happens some times, but you seemed to have a bunch of ideas for Neon White's moveset, costumes, and music, so I thought I'd double check)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 240
Entrance: A door opens and Neon White runs through it

Taunt 1: Neon White points upwards similarly to the ending of his victory animation from the game
Taunt 2: Neon White takes out a random soul card before tossing it aside
Taunt 3: Neon White takes out a medal and examines it.

Victory 1: Neon White performs the victory animation from the game
Victory 2: Neon white runs around in a circle infinitely using the stage transition animation
Victory 3: Neon white jumps up before ending in a pose similar to his key art from the game

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • It looks like I'll be trying to figure out Neon White's supers.
  • cashregister9 cashregister9 's animations win by default.
----
It's the last set of Neon White jobs! Tomorrow, I plan to begin the nomination process for the final fighter of our first DLC season. I'll also talk a bit more about how we'll handle Season 2, given some upcoming changes in my life.

Job 241: Submit cards for Neon White!
Please submit up to three Neon White characters to be featured as cards. Neon White himself will be a card by default.

Job 242: Submit a boss for Neon White to fight!

Job 243: Submit Neon White's Signature Item!

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Submissions are closed!
  • It looks like I'll be trying to figure out Neon White's supers.
  • cashregister9 cashregister9 's animations win by default.
----
It's the last set of Neon White jobs! Tomorrow, I plan to begin the nomination process for the final fighter of our first DLC season. I'll also talk a bit more about how we'll handle Season 2, given some upcoming changes in my life.

Job 241: Submit cards for Neon White!
Please submit up to three Neon White characters to be featured as cards. Neon White himself will be a card by default.

Job 242: Submit a boss for Neon White to fight!

Job 243: Submit Neon White's Signature Item!

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon.

Job #241:

1. Neon Red.
2. Neon Green.
3. Mikey.

Job #242:

I'm going to actually say Marie, mainly because the fighter-sized boss style works really well given the original gameplay, and I think she'd feel more like the bosses of the game itself than some of the larger ones. No spoilers though :)

Job #243:
Item Name: Book of Life
Item Origin: Neon White (2022)

I imagine Book of Life working similarly to its function in game - that of a teleportation-based move with slight aerial lift that would air in both recovery and mixups. Essentially, when you pick up the item (which itself takes the physical form of a card), you'd use it and there'd suddenly be a white projectile-like line that rapidly streaks across the screen. It doesn't do any damage, but if it hits an opponent or item, you'll teleport to that point, damaging said opponent or item in the process and notably having very little endlag - allowing you to enter combos after use. If it hits a wall or the blast zone, the card itself just burns up - so you need to be careful when considering whether to use it.

FazDude

Smash Master
I imagine Book of Life working similarly to its function in game - that of a teleportation-based move with slight aerial lift that would air in both recovery and mixups. Essentially, when you pick up the item (which itself takes the physical form of a card), you'd use it and there'd suddenly be a white projectile-like line that rapidly streaks across the screen. It doesn't do any damage, but if it hits an opponent or item, you'll teleport to that point, damaging said opponent or item in the process and notably having very little endlag - allowing you to enter combos after use. If it hits a wall or the blast zone, the card itself just burns up - so you need to be careful when considering whether to use it.
How would this item be nerfed if used by someone other than Neon White?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
How would this item be nerfed if used by someone other than Neon White?
I'd imagine that there'd, firstly, be slightly less range (with the "line" as I mentioned not quite moving as far,) and secondly, that there'd be marginally more end-lag upon actually arriving at your destination, but not enough to be unusable.

(sorry!)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • All cards will be accepted!
    • By the way, KneeOfJustice, the cards you submitted were already submitted by other users. Since I'm just catching this now, I'll allow you to submit three new cards until fighter submissions close.
  • Please vote for Neon White's opponent here.
  • The Book of Life, as submitted by KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , will be Neon White's Signature Item!
----
With Neon White out of the way, it's time to submit our final character for Season 1...
Job 244: Submit a fighter + stage for DLC Pack #6!
Please submit a fighter and a stage from their series to appear as the focus of our sixth DLC pack! Please note that you cannot resubmit characters you have submitted in previous rounds (resubmitting submissions from other users is okay, as long as they consent and are credited).

Season 2 will contain at least six new fighters and six new stages.

Everyone's "submission slate" will be wiped clean, meaning that you can resubmit anyone you submitted in the first six rounds if you so desire. However, if you submit a character within Season 2, you will not be able to resubmit them again.

However, seeing as the schedule for every new fighter/stage combo takes about a week, I fully expect this season to bleed into when I return to school later in the month. As such, there may have to be a schedule change/short hiatus as I readjust and try to figure out how to make the thread run smoothly as I go to classes.

(Also, Season 2 will be the final season; I don't know how sustainable this thread can be when the semester starts picking up.)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Fighter: Kris (Deltarune)

Since Deltarune's not even complete yet, we don't know too much about Kris. Being the sole human in a town of monsters, they find themselves in the Dark World after being sent to get some chalk. As one of the Dark World's prophesied heroes (presumably), they must travel alongside friends both new and old (Berdly is also present) and save the realm!

I know we already have Frisk in the game, but truth be told, Kris and Deltarune are so wildly different from Frisk and Undertale that their movesets and aesthetic would be vastly different. You could make use of Kris' TP mechanic to make them a dynamic character like Hero, for instance. Besides, we already have Deltarune content in All-Star Strife's base game via Rude Buster and Spamton, and while the game isn't fully released yet, that didn't stop Peppino from making it in, right?

Stage: Cyber City (Deltarune)
1659713295572.png

Hailing from the game's second chapter, Cyber City is a large, sprawling area, similarly to Temple. It's also chockful of cameos from some of Deltarune's side cast - Queen watching the fight from her throne, Spamton poking his head out of a dumpster (only to jump right out when summoned as a Companion Card), etc. If they aren't in the match, you might even spot Kris and the rest of the Fun Gang spectating the fight!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
View attachment 355581
Juan (Guacamelee)
The main character of the 2013 metroidvaina game Quacamelle and its sequal. Wrestler characters are allways fun in these kind of

View attachment 355570

Pueblucho
Juan's home town. Is sort of a scrolling stage with various houses. Various signs and characters from the game appear.
I will resubmit Juan Aguacate from Guacamelee, it was first Darkonedagger's idea.

I was considering submit Arcueid but I think people could be tired of anime waifu for the moment, so instead I will go with...
View attachment 356072
GOMEZ (FEZ)
Gomez is the protagonist of the game Fez, I think Fez is a cool game even if I never was a big fan of the puzzle genre, I think the general concept of the game of switch between different "faces" of the world would bring a very cool moveset, yet if there is a reason why I would REALLY love this would be the stage.
VILLAGEVILLE
Considering that the most charming part of Fez is the world, a stage of Fez would be awesome, imagine the Donkey Kong Country stage from 3Ds but instead of switch between a front plane and a plane from behind you switch between the 4 sides of the place alterating the location of the platforms.
I'll resubmit Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Gomez idea. Credit to Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer .

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Submissions are closed!
  • All cards will be accepted!
    • By the way, KneeOfJustice, the cards you submitted were already submitted by other users. Since I'm just catching this now, I'll allow you to submit three new cards until fighter submissions close.
  • Please vote for Neon White's opponent here.
  • The Book of Life, as submitted by KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , will be Neon White's Signature Item!
----
With Neon White out of the way, it's time to submit our final character for Season 1...
Job 244: Submit a fighter + stage for DLC Pack #6!
Please submit a fighter and a stage from their series to appear as the focus of our sixth DLC pack! Please note that you cannot resubmit characters you have submitted in previous rounds (resubmitting submissions from other users is okay, as long as they consent and are credited).

Season 2 will contain at least six new fighters and six new stages.

Everyone's "submission slate" will be wiped clean, meaning that you can resubmit anyone you submitted in the first six rounds if you so desire. However, if you submit a character within Season 2, you will not be able to resubmit them again.

However, seeing as the schedule for every new fighter/stage combo takes about a week, I fully expect this season to bleed into when I return to school later in the month. As such, there may have to be a schedule change/short hiatus as I readjust and try to figure out how to make the thread run smoothly as I go to classes.

(Also, Season 2 will be the final season; I don't know how sustainable this thread can be when the semester starts picking up.)
Character Name: Candyman
Character Origin: Lethal League (2014)

I came close to submitting a different character, but I felt that this would be a brilliant fit. Candyman himself is a really fun-loving goofball with great skill in the sport known only as the "Lethal League", involving hitting balls into your opponents as opposed to directly fighting them. The Lethal League series has a really cool and unique identity, plenty of great music, and a lot of unique and fun characters - I came close to submitting Latch as opposed to Candyman due to his nature as TeamReptile's actual logo, but Candyman's really cool vibe with his weird animations and wacky nature made him an obvious pick to represent such a weird and unusual concept! Also his voice actor is the guy who made the trollface. I honestly can't think of anyone more fitting.

As for the stage, there were a lot of options that I could have gone with - Lethal League has a lot of really visually striking stages, though Candyman's home stage (Room 21) being a literal padded cell didn't feel particularly fitting to represent the series. As such...

Stage Name: Hammer Express
Stage Origin: Lethal League (2014)

Whilst this is actually Switch's home stage, and may not be as recognisable in an instant as Industrial Outskirts, I'm intending to slightly rethink how this stage functions in order to better represent a wide variety of Lethal League's world - you'll fight on the train as you did originally, but as opposed to only driving through this city, the train will also pass by locations such as Abandoned Pool, City Streets, Scrap Desert, Underground Sewer Facility, Paradise Field, and the State Manufacturing Facility amongst others. I think this would be a really cool way to represent the series' wide variety of locations as best as possible!

Also, one more thing: I think the music for this stage would be great too. Getting a track or two from Hideki Naganuma would be an utter treat, and the other music in the game is also great (personal recommendations go to Ordinary Days V2 by Klaus Veen and Scream by Bignic.) Also, grabbing a track from Bomb Rush Cyberfunk just feels right somehow.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Fighter: Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club!)

The poster girl of 2017's visual novel horror Doki Doki Literature Club herself. She alone made her and the game quite popular and standing out on its own at the time and It would be cool to see her up there with other Indie stars. Her moveset could involve her 4th-wall breaking and/or glitching abilities that allow her to go toe-to-toe with the other fighters.

Stage: The Classroom (Doki Doki Literature Club!)

Basically the main usual location of the game itself. The stage's appearance can change switching from day to afternoon to the weird dark cloudly skies. The three other girls: Sayori, Yuri, and Natsuki will be in the background cheering the fighters out. If playing as someone else, Monika will be there as well. Mostly watching the player rather then the battle of course.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 244:Gingerbrave (Cookie Run)

Brave-cookie.png

Gingerbrave is the main character and series mascot from a south korean mobile game series called Cookie Run. Gingeebrave is a gingerbread cookie that took on a life of its own and was the first cookie to escape an oven and a witch's house,the reason it takes on a life of its own is unknown,but a rumor has that the witch used accidentally magic power instead of ginger powder. His moveset would be based on attacks from other cookies on Cookie Run:Kingdom.

Stage:Vannila Kingdom
34467b862944ae7e22f12a75ccd7b120cb541537.png

The Vanilla Kingdom is a place that is shown in Cookie Run:Kingdom,this kingdom,Gingerbrave and his friends want to know the Vanilla Kingdom,and then they discovered andarrived,the kingdom is empty and abandoned because of a war that is told at the beginning of the game. As a stage,the Vanilla Kingdom would be a hard flying plarform and a moving platform.

FazDude

Smash Master
It's voting time!
Please vote for your top three fighter/stage combos for a ranked vote (self-voting is allowed for 2nd and 3rd).
  • Kris + Cyber City (Deltarune) (FazDude)
  • Juan + Pueblucho (Guacamelee) (Darkonedagger / Infinity Sorcerer)
  • Gomez + Villageville (Fez) (Infinity Sorcerer / Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Candyman + Hammer Express (Lethal Leauge) (KneeOfJustice99)
  • Monika + The Classroom (Doki Doki Literature Club) (Justoneguyhere1999)
  • Gingerbrave + Vanilla Kingdom (Cookie Run) (DragonRobotKing26)
Voting closes tomorrow afternoon!

D

Deleted member

1. Kris
2. Candyman
3. Monika

UT/DR is the one time i'd be down with dubble dipping

Last edited by a moderator:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
It's voting time!
Please vote for your top three fighter/stage combos for a ranked vote (self-voting is allowed for 2nd and 3rd).
  • Kris + Cyber City (Deltarune) (FazDude)
  • Juan + Pueblucho (Guacamelee) (Darkonedagger / Infinity Sorcerer)
  • Gomez + Villageville (Fez) (Infinity Sorcerer / Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Candyman + Hammer Express (Lethal Leauge) (KneeOfJustice99)
  • Monika + The Classroom (Doki Doki Literature Club) (Justoneguyhere1999)
  • Gingerbrave + Vanilla Kingdom (Cookie Run) (DragonRobotKing26)
Voting closes tomorrow afternoon!
1. Kris (I think their moveset and general vibe would be more than different enough to that of Frisk to justify their inclusion, and Deltarune does have more than enough of a unique vibe - as well as popularity - to be a really cool choice to see here.)
2. Monika (Whilst DDLC's popularity has fallen over time as the initial shock of the experience has become something we've become more accustomed to, I think a visual novel rep would be fun to start with - and Monika's use of glitches and code manipulation to fight with an almost god-like nature would be really fun to see. For those concerned with balancing, I'd point to how Elizabeth was handled in Persona 4 Arena - she's still a balanced fighter but her mannerisms and fighting style make her feel very powerful.)
3. Candyman (Self-vote, I'll come completely clean, but I think that Lethal League is such a unique series with interesting mechanics - plus, he'd work really well as a sort of thematic counter to Anton as mentioned by FazDude. Not only this, but TeamReptile are going from strength to strength and it'd be cool to represent them here somehow!)

Top Bottom