• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! I've come to realize that the criteria for this fighter job might have been a bit too restrictive. Sorry about that - I'll be sure to make it up to y'all come the next fighter job, which will also be the final one for base game fighters. (I mean, I've had it planned out for a while, but I feel like folks will really enjoy it, so let's just say it's a makeup.)

Anyway, here are our choices! Please pick your top two from this list. Please restrict self-voting to 2nd place.
  • Terrarian (Terraria) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Fancy Pants Man (Fancy Pants Adventures) (FazDude)
  • QWOP (QWOP) (Qwerty UIOP)
  • Dust (Dust: An Elysian Tail) (DragonRobotKing26)
My submissions for Meat Boy and Fireboy & Watergirl alts win by default.
----
Anyway, it's job time!

Job 105/106: Submit music for Flappy Pipeyard and Legitimate Research!
Please submit six music tracks for either or both stages.

Since Flappy Bird has no music to begin with, any music from mobile games will be allowed for Flappy Pipeyard. However, Legitimate Research will be restricted to music from Halfbrick games (Jetpack Joyride, Fruit Ninja, etc.), so please keep that in mind when creating your lists!

Job 107: Submit up to two Buddies!
Choose a character or two who will follow fighters around in battles and perform a special animation when the player taunts. Any indie character is welcome, but in most cases, a Buddy slot will deconfirm them (with some exceptions; For example, nominating Freddy Fazbear would deconfirm him from a playable role, but submitting Adventure Freddy from FNaF World would leave the "canon" Freddy open for a fighter slot).

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon.

FazDude

Smash Master
Fighter Votes
  1. Terrarian
  2. Dust
Flappy Pipeyard Music
Legitimate Research Music
Buddies
  1. Ballbuster (Antonball, guy on the right)
    1. When the player taunts, it would be hit by a spontaneously appearing ball.
  2. Bird (Celeste)
    1. When the player taunts, it pecks at the ground.

1. Fancy Pants
2. Terrarian

Job 107:
- Blue Fly (Binding of Isaac)
A fly species from Binding of Isaac game that flies around you.
When the player taunts, the blue fly spins around you rapidly.

- The Bubbles (Angry Birds)
One of members of the flock and it's a orange bird that he can puff himself like a bubble.
When player taunts, he grows into his bubble form and later shrinks his body to normal size.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Terrarian
  2. Dust
Buddies:
  • Grub (Still can't believe that the Knight isn't here, HK fandom is so big that every time an Indie World is announced Silksong is trending)
    • When player taunts, use the same animation when you liberate one in their source game.
  • Bullet Kin (We can still have "The Bullet" alongisde the rest of Gungeoneers after)
    • When player taunts the bullet kin jumps.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Terrarian
2. QWOP

Buddy: The Fairy of Shovelry (Shovel Knight)

A fairy companion that's unlocked when you scan a Shovel Knight amiibo in the Shovel Knight games. Like in those games, it follows the player around, striking different poses if the player wins (for example, KOing an opponent)...

...or loses (for example, being KO'd).

Buddy 2: Dusa (Hades)

As a disembodied floating head, she seems like she'd fit well in this role, cheering if her partner does well or getting visibly nervous if they're KO'd.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 107:
Chicken Wiggle(Chicken Wiggle)
Chicken Wiggle is an indie version of Banjo-Kazooie but instead of Bird and Bear it is Chicken and Worm

Jack the Reaper(Jack the Reaper)
Jack is the miniature Grim Reaper who tries to restore the natural order by collecting unresting spirits

FazDude

Smash Master
Hey all; Just wanted to let folks know that submissions/voting will be open for a few hours longer than expected. I'm going to be out (as in, away from my computer, where I feel most comfortable doing creation thread stuff) around the time I was planning to close voting, so instead I'll close everything and provide new jobs once I get back.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions and voting are closed!
  • Terrarian and Dust, submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 respectively, join the battle! Only two slots remain in our base game lineup!
  • My submissions for Flappy Pipeyard and Legitimate Research music win by default.
  • All submitted buddies will be added to the game (sans Kawaii Dozer, since we ruled that Payday content is not eligible).
----
Alright, time for some jobs!

Job 108-109: Submit a moveset for Peppino and/or Zagreus!

Please submit five special moves (Neutral/Forward/Back/Up/Down) and a guarding move for either or both characters.

Job 110: Submit Cards for the Rivals of Aether franchise!
Since the last card job didn't go so hot, I'm gonna try a new approach.

Simply put, please submit up to three characters who you want to see represented via a Card. Cards are not deconfirms, so feel free to submit whoever you want without regret! Orcane, Kragg, and the Gatekeepers will be entered by default. In addition, you are not limited to characters from Rivals of Aether; Characters from Lovers of Aether, Creatures of Aether, and anything else from the franchise will be allowed!

I want to accept as many submissions as possible and not really stick to a "limit" unlike the Shovel Knight cards, but if there is an exhorbant amount, I'll probably need to figure out some sort of voting system.
---
Submissions close tomorrow evening!

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I Will provide more info later
Zagreus
  • Cast: Projectiles ammo based attack, effect can change between bond
  • Bull Rush: Lunge
  • Launch Shield: Second Projectiles, Captain America like
  • Twin Fists: Shoryuken
  • Bond of Gods: Shulk-like move, receive the power of a certain God for limited tile
  • Wrath of Artemis: Lot of arrows
  • Wrath of Hades: Utility super
  • Wrath of Zeus: thunder

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I already submitted Zetterburn.

(maybe i did this wrong i'm already feeling overly naggy)
Oh, okay - I thought we were each submitting separate lists and voting on which one would be included. My mistake; switch Zetterburn for Forsburn. (so Forsburn, Clairen, and Etalus)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Oh, okay - I thought we were each submitting separate lists and voting on which one would be included.
Now that you mention it, this isn't a bad idea; We already do something similar for music.

I'm going to keep this card job going as-is, but we'll probably have a vote before the next one determining which format we wanna use going forward.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Zagreus moveset:

Not sure if I'm overcomplicating things, but I'm largely going to copy this from my Zagreus moveset for Smash/Fraymakers.

Unlike most of my move lists, I’m going to start with Down B, since it’s the source of Zagreus’s main gimmick.

Down Special: Fickle Boon. Much like Shulk’s Monado art, Zagreus can cycle between six boons, which have different effects on his specials:
  • none – represented by a gray picture of Bouldy, Sisyphus’s boulder. No special powers, but it’s more powerful
  • Zeus – represented by a lightning bolt in a yellow circle.
  • Poseidon – represented by a trident in a blue circle.
  • Athena – represented by a shield in a yellow and blue circle.
  • Artemis – represented by a bow and arrow in a green circle.
  • Ares – represented by a spear in a red circle.
The boons decrease the damage of Zagreus’s specials slightly, and he travels shorter distances for his side B and up B in exchange for abilities that are detailed below.

Neutral Special: Cast. Zagreus fires a red projectile, and if it hits the enemy, it latches on to them, indicated by a Bloodstone symbol (a red prism) above their life bar. Only one Bloodstone can be latched on to anyone at a time, and while it’s latched, Zagreus deals more damage to them. Hitting the opponent enough times, or hitting them hard enough, will knock the Bloodstone out of them.
  • Zeus: the cast projectile becomes chain lightning, bouncing between up to three opponents. The Bloodstone will latch onto the last person who is hit.
  • Poseidon: the cast projectile knocks enemies away once it hits
  • Athena: the cast projectile’s range is shorter, but it can deflect projectiles
  • Artemis: the cast has a slight homing ability, and is flanked by two homing arrows that deal additional damage.
  • Ares: the cast sends a Blade Rift (a whirling circle of blades) ahead. The Blade Rift is slower than the normal cast, and has a shorter range, but it deals significantly more damage if the whole thing hits.
Up Special: Dash. Zagreus dashes upwards, which can be controlled similar to Lucario’s up B. This does no damage without any boons, though it travels farther.
  • Zeus: lightning strikes where he started the dash
  • Poseidon: when he reaches the end of the dash, water bursts out from Zagreus to knock opponents away and damage them
  • Athena: a shield appears around Zagreus at the start of the dash, deflecting projectiles
  • Artemis: the attack ignores super armour (based on some of her skills doing more damage to armour)
  • Ares: a Blade Rift appears where Zagreus started, continuously dealing damage for a second or two
Forward Special: Nova Smash. Leaping forward, Zagreus swings the sword downwards, creating a small burst as an area attack.
  • Zeus: lightning strikes on the outer edges of the shockwave, dealing significantly more damage if the opponent is on the outer edge of the shockwave
  • Poseidon: water bursts out from Zagreus, causing enemies to get send further away
  • Athena: a shield appears around Zagreus to deflect projectiles, though it’s in a much tighter circle than the shockwave
  • Artemis: the shockwave has a small chance to inflict critical damage, significantly increasing damage and knockback
  • Ares: the shockwave causes Doom, meaning that a few seconds after it hits, opponents take extra damage, though the extra damage doesn’t cause knockback.
Back Special: Feint. Zagreus dashes back a short distance and then thrusts the sword forwards.
  • Zeus: a small spark of lightning shoots from the tip of the sword, giving the attack extra range
  • Poseidon: the thrust pushes opponents back further
  • Athena: the initial dash deflects projectiles, though the attack doesn't have that property
  • Artemis: the tip of the sword deals a critical hit, though it's really hard to get the timing/spacing down. (and it won't be guaranteed, to keep it from being overpowered - maybe a 1/3 chance or something? I'm not much for balancing)
  • Ares: a Blade Rift appears around Zagreus during this attack
Guard: Aegis Defense. Zagreus holds the Aegis Shield in front of himself, blocking attacks from the front.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm outside my house so I dont have time to update my moveset, but Doomer's idea sounds neat.

EDIT: I would just add the supers:
  • Wraith of Artemis: Zagreus calls Artemis who would summon a myriad of arrows that will home the nearest opponents, there is a chance that the arrows deals critical damage.
  • Wrath of Hades: Utility Super, Zagreus calls the power of his father be coming invisible for certain time until he attack, the attack he does would have enhanced strenght, invisible doesnt mean invincible so there is still a chance that you get hited.
  • Wrath of Zeus: Zag calls Zeus who would summon a thunderstorm, is similar to Ness/Lucas' Final Smash but without the ability to control the direction of the thunders.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm outside my house so I dont have time to update my moveset, but Doomer's idea sounds neat.

EDIT: I would just add the supers:
  • Wraith of Artemis: Zagreus calls Artemis who would summon a myriad of arrows that will home the nearest opponents, there is a chance that the arrows deals critical damage.
  • Wrath of Hades: Utility Super, Zagreus calls the power of his father be coming invisible for certain time until he attack, the attack he does would have enhanced strenght, invisible doesnt mean invincible so there is still a chance that you get hited.
  • Wrath of Zeus: Zag calls Zeus who would summon a thunderstorm, is similar to Ness/Lucas' Final Smash but without the ability to control the direction of the thunders.
Hold onto those supers for later; They won't be considered right now.

FazDude

Smash Master
Peppino Moveset
Peppino has a unique mechanic in the "Mach System". As he dashes, his HUD icon appears more and more agitated as his speed builds up. At top speed (which would take a few seconds to obtain), he is able to damage opponents by dashing into them. In addition, several specials gain increased power and new properties.
  • Neutral Special: Pistol
    • For his Neutral Special, Peppino wields a gun as he fires a bullet forward. This isn't quite as strong as Anton's gun, but has better frame data.
  • Forward Special: Shoulder Bash
    • Peppino dashes forwards with his shoulder extended. While a decent approaching option on its own, if you cancel Peppino's dash into it, it gains additional power based on Peppino's momentum, turning it into a deadly kill move.
  • Back Special: Suplex
    • Peppino reaches out to grab the opponent, suplexing them if he manages to do so.
  • Up Special: Super Jump
    • Peppino simply jumps upwards. While it doesn't put him into freefall, you'll need to hit the ground before using it again. However, should Peppino use this move while dashing, the jump gains additional horizontal and vertical height corresponding with his momentum.
  • Down Special: Body Slam
    • Peppino leaps upwards a short distance before crashing down with a belly flop. Just like the majority of his specials, if you cancel Peppino's dash into it, he'll leap forward while using it to give the move additional power.
  • Guard Special: Parry
    • Peppino can parry attacks just like a Rivals of Aether character.

FazDude

Smash Master
I was going to submit a Peppino moveset, but honestly the only change I'd make from FazDude's is making the mach system a side B instead of a mechanic
I was considering that, but I didn't know how to give it a downside that felt right. Plus, I feel like given all of Peppino's mobility in his main game, it'd make sense to give him something related to all that.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Peppino moveset wins by default.
  • Please vote for a Zagreus moveset here.
  • All RoA cards will be added to the document.
---
Job 111: Submit up to 10 Online PFPs!
I think we've introduced enough new franchises to add some more PFPs to the lineup! Please submit up to ten pictures you think would make good PFPs. Unlike last time, PFPs can hail from franchises with fighters, stages, Companion Cards, or bosses. Please see the thread's Google Doc for an idea of what PFPs have been submitted thus far so we can avoid repeats.

That's gonna be today's only job, so submissions and voting for Zagreus' moveset will close tomorrow afternoon!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Online Profile Pics:

goose.png

The Goose (Untitled Goose Game)

the knight.png

The Knight (Hollow Knight)

hornet.png

Hornet (Hollow Knight)

zote.png

Zote (Hollow Knight)

shovel knight icon.png

Shovel Knight

shield knight.png

Shield Knight (Shovel Knight)

enchantress.png

Enchantress (Shovel Knight)

plague knight.png

Plague Knight (Shovel Knight)

Specter Knight.png

Specter Knight (Shovel Knight)

king knight.png

King Knight (Shovel Knight)

There might not be a playable character from Hollow Knight yet, but there is a boss, so I figured I was okay to add icons from the game.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Gonna add the image references later.
  • Bullet Kin (Enter the Gungeon)
  • Quirrel (Hollow Knight(
  • Grimm (Hollow Knight)
  • Rambro (Broforce)
  • The Bucket (The Stanley Parable)
  • Ms. Fortune (Skullgirls)
  • Valentine (Skullgirls)
  • Big Band (Skullgirls)
  • Beowulf (Skullgirls)
  • Umbrella (Skullgirls)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Gonna add the image references later.
  • Bullet Kin (Enter the Gungeon)
  • Grimm (Hollow Knight)
  • Rambro (Broforce)
  • Pedro (My Friend Pedro)
  • The Bucket (The Stanley Parable)
  • Ms. Fortune (Skullgirls)
  • Valentine (Skullgirls)
  • Big Band (Skullgirls)
  • Beowulf (Skullgirls)
  • Fez
We don't have any content for My Friend Pedro or Fez yet. Would you mind switching these out for something else?

Top Bottom