• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: A Revised Brawl

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
New Items:
  1. Deku Nut
  2. Dragoon
Zelda Stage:
  1. Bridge of Eldin
  2. Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stage:
  1. Sky Pillar
  2. Pokemon Stadium 2

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Deku Nut 3
Dragoon 7
Smart Bomb 2

Dragoon is our next new item

Pirate Ship 5
Bridge of Eldin 9
Ordon Village 1

Bridge of Eldin is our new LoZ stage.

Sky Pillar 7
Pokemon stadium 2 5
Pokefloats 2 3

Sky Pillar is our new Pokemon stage.

Job 15: Submit Final Smashes for Mario, Link, and Kirby.

I’m fine with Mario and Link’s as is.
For Kirby, II’ll have his be Super Star where he rides on a Warp Star and shoots out star bits to opponents.

Job 16: Submit a character from a franchise represented from Melee
Super Mario
Donkey Kong
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Fire Emblem
F-Zero
Yoshi
Kirby
Star Fox
Mother
Pokemon
Game & Watch
Ice Climber

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #15 - Mario Finale (Mario), Triforce Slash (Link), Cook Kirby (Kirby)
Personally, I think the Final Smashes these three had in Brawl were fine as is, at least conceptually.

Job #16 - Ike (Fire Emblem)
He was the most recent Fire Emblem protagonist at the time of Brawl's release, so it'd make sense that Nintendo would want to promote the games that he stars in.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Mario: Super Star
Link: Triforce Slash
Kirby: Cook Kirby

King Dedede (Kirby)

Kirby could use a second rep, and King Dedede is important to the series and he would bring a unique moveset from Kirby.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Mario - Mega Mushroom
Link - Wolf Link
Kirby - Ghost Kirby

Micaiah

Where i do like ike, radiant dawn also released before brawl & feel like Micaiah would be a more interesting pick with a more unique design & focus on magic.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll nominate Midna to help give us both a female and promotional newcomer as TP was released during Brawl’s development. While there wasn’t too much information on her before the initial planning was done, I think we could’ve been able to get our hands on a demo to see how to make her work.
HW Midna Render.png

For Mario‘s final smash, here are the nominations
Mario Finale
Mega Mushroom
Super Star
Mega Mushroom

Vote for your three most wanted. As there are repeats in nominations, please feel free to put yours at first if you’d like.
1. Mario Finale
2. Mega Mushroom
3. Super Star

For Link’s final smash, please use to poll to choose between Wolf Link or Triforce Slash.

For Kirby’s final smash, here are the nominations
Super Star
Cook Kirby
Ghost Kirby

Vote for your two most wanted. As there are repeats in nominations, please feel free to put yours at first if you’d like.

1. Super Star
2. Cook Kirby

For the last E3 newcomer, here are the nominations
GamingFan1997 GamingFan1997 Ike
Perkilator Perkilator Meta Knight
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap King Dedede
nirvanafan nirvanafan Micaiah
Pupp135 Pupp135 Midna

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Ike
2. King Dedede
3. Midna

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Ike
2. King Dedede
3. Meta Knight

1. Mega Mushroom
2. Mario Finale
3. Super Star

1. Cook Kirby
2. Ghost Kirby

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Ike 8
Meta Knight 6
King Dedede 16
Micaiah 3
Midna 3

King Dedede is the final E3 2006 newcomer, making the full line up Wario, Pokemon Trainer, Pit, King Dedede, and Snake

Mario Finale 6
Mega Mushroom 7
Super Star 5

Mega Mushroom is Mario’s final smash

Super Star 2
Cook Kirby 4
Ghost Kirby 3

Cook Kirby is Kirby’s final smash.

Edit: Triforce Smash won for Link’s final smash

Job 17: Submit a Mob/Multi-Man Smash Mode.

I’ll go with Century Smash/100-Man Smash

Job 18: Submit a pokemon that did not debut in 64 or Melee.

I like how Torchic works in Brawl, so I’ll nominate that.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #17: Cruel Melee/Brawl/Smash
The one where you survive as long as you can against max-level CPU opponents.

Job #18: Piplup
Works exactly like in Brawl.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
All Mob Smash modes are added

Here are the pokemon
Pupp135 Pupp135 Torchic
GamingFan1997 GamingFan1997 Piplup
TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter Bonsly
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Gardevoir

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first
1. Gardevoir
2. Piplup
3. Torchic

Job 19: Vote for your three most wanted Mario, LoZ, Metroid, Kirby, Star Fox, and Pokemon stages to return from Melee
Princess Peach’s Castle
Rainbow Cruise
Mushroom Kingdom (Melee)
Mushroom Kingdom II (Subcon)
Great Bay
Temple
Brinstar
Brinstar Depths
Fountain of Dreams
Green Greens
Corneria
Venom
Pokemon Stadium
Pokefloats

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Pokemon Stadium
3. Temple

Job 20: Submit Wario and Snake movesets.

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Pokemon Stadium
3. Temple

Last edited:

TheLastMaverickHunter

Smash Journeyman
Job #20:

Wario's Final Smash is the same, but I'm changing the rest of his moveset.

Neutral B: Suction (from Wario World)
Side B: Jet Wario
Up B: Bouncy Wario
Down B: WarioWare Bomb (works like the Waft, where the bomb blows up in his face)

I’ve never played a Metal Gear game, so Snake’s can stay.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Piplup
2. Gardevoir
3. Torchic

1. Temple
2. Fountain of Dreams
3. Pokemon Stadium

Snake's moveset from Ultimate is perfect.

Wario Moveset:
Neutral Special: Suction
Side Special: Shoulder Bash
Up Special: Puffy Wario
Down Special: Ground Pound
Final Smash: Wario Man (Returning)

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Torchic 4
Piplup 7
Gardevoir 10
Bonsly 3

Gardevoir and Piplup are our first new pokemon added.

Princess Peach’s Castle 3
Rainbow Cruise 1
Mushroom Kingdom (Melee)
Mushroom Kingdom II (Subcon) 3
Great Bay 2
Temple 9
Brinstar
Brinstar Depths
Fountain of Dreams 11
Green Greens
Corneria 2
Venom
Pokemon Stadium 5
Pokefloats

Fountain of Dreams is our first returning stage.

We’lluse a poll to determine if @TheLastMaverickHunter’s or @Northsouthmap’sWario moveset should be used.

Job 21: Submit a Wario and Kid Icarus Stage

I’ll go with Wario Ware as is and then Underworld, which works like Smash 2.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Taking a couple from the old stage creation contest again.
Sorry I haven't submitted any contest ideas in a few weeks or so, but I now finally feel inspiration again. I was gonna submit this one for the Wario round but I might as well do it now while the iron's hot.

Golden Pyramid
(Wario Land 4)

Fans of Wario have been craving for a Wario Land stage for ages now, and here's my hat in the ring. The Golden Pyramid is the main hub for Wario Land 4, with four sections that players can access at any point that lead to different worlds and paintings. An example for each is the Sapphire Passage, which has Arabian Night, a stage with magic carpets that rise when Wario is on them and fall when he jumps off them. The Topaz Passage has Toy Block Tower, a place made of building blocks and other childlike environments. The Ruby Passage contains The Curious Factory, full of gears and gizmos. The Emerald Passage has Palm Tree Paradise, which is a lush tropical landscape with many palm trees.

This is a large stage, fit mostly for 8-player smashes, while not being unrealistically huge like Palutena's Temple or The Great Cave Offensive, being more comparable to Temple. Surrounding the arena are four large walls, the top of which have step-like platform arrangements. The bottom two are large vertical walls that encase the inner passages. There's a large opening in between these platforms, so try to angle your launched opponents into those gaps towards the blast zone. Inside, the stage is divided into five sections. The Sapphire section, at the bottom left, has three pits and three narrow platforms, two of which have flying carpets on them. If fighters land on these carpets, they rise up, and lower if the fighters leave them. The carpets will only rise up a set distance, and fighters don't have to worry about being crushed when they fall down, as they will pass through them. The Topaz section at the top left has platforms set up on building blocks or wires, randomized with every fight on the stage. Sometimes the platform can be on top of a large tower of blocks, while sometimes they might be very close to the ground. The Ruby section at the top right has rotating platforms on a track that move slowly and constantly, and one unmoving platform below them. The Emeral section at the bottom right has a large platform and a pit at the left, and palm trees that react to fighter's weight by dipping slightly. The middle, purple passage has a large solid platform and two smaller, pass-through platforms that shift up and down. Fighters looking for the fairest fight should stick in this area.

The small pyramid in the middle and the lights for the passages sometimes light up, indicating that a vortex will open up in that location and add some enemies that will observe and walk around in the background, depending on the location. Shoshokora, the black cat, will sometimes make her way around areas. After a bit of walking around, Shoshokora or the enemies will be sucked back into a vortex. This has no effect on the match but makes the background more lively.

MUSIC:
Theme of Wario Land 4 (Remix)
Hall of Hieroglyphics (Remix)
Palm Tree Paradise
Crescent Moon Village (Remix)
Toxic Landfill (Remix)
Toy Block Tower
Theme of Wario Land 1 (Remix)
Theme of Virtual Boy Wario Land (Remix)
Greenhorn Forest/Ruins (Remix)
Stonecarving City
"KID ICARUS (NES)"
from Kid Icarus

I honestly didn't have many great ideas for this round since I haven't played any Kid Icarus or F-Zero games, but I thought I'd give it a try anyways. I figured most people would do something from Uprising, so I decided to base my stage on the original NES game. I also thought it'd be cool to do a retro/throwback stage, as most of the Kid Icarus representation in Smash draws it's inspiration from Uprising now. I guess part of me kinda misses the Pit in Brawl where he was still considered a retro character.

This stage cycles chronologically through 3 of the worlds found in the original game, each complete with their own unique gimmick. Each world lasts for 30 seconds before transitioning to the next one. The transition between phases is very quick and seamless, though it has a unique visual flair that simulates old school screen-switching (where the new screen pushes the previous screen downward). The first world is shown below:

World 1:

Red represents solid ground. Green represents pass-through platforms.
World 1 consists of a central platform with another solid platform above it. There are two log platforms on either side leading to a door. Two walls block off both sides, limiting the KO boundaries to the top and bottom. This creates a similar feel to first world, as you primarily move upward on the vertical axis.

Gimmick: The main gimmicks on this phase are the two doors. Walking into one door will instantly transport you out of the opposite one. You can't camp in/around the doors either. Once your character goes through say, the left door, you can't immediately go back through the door you just came out of (there's a 3 second cooldown that prevents you from doing this).

World 2

World 2 takes place in a darker, nighttime realm. You can see stars in the sky behind you as well as the tops of mountains. This stage has a fairly simple layout, consisting of a middle base platform and two blocky platforms on either side. The notable change here is that the ceiling boundary is now blocked off while all the other ones are now open. The solid ceiling mainly has to do with this phase's gimmick.

Gimmick: As soon as you reach this phase, Palutena's sprite will appear in the background. She will grant all players the "Angel's Feathers," an item that grants the power of flight in the original game. All fighters will sprout a pair of wings, giving them unlimited jumping capabilities. You can now jump as many times as you want, provided you keep pressing the jump button. Hope you're ready for an intense aerial battle! This is why the top boundary is sealed off; don't want players flying too close to the sun, if you catch my drift...

World 3

The last area is World 3. Another simple layout consisting of a stone structure at the bottom and several colorful cloud platforms. It becomes a walk-off on the bottom left side and at the top right.

Gimmick:
Shortly after coming to this stage, Eggplant Wizard will appear from offscreen. He will cast a number of spells equal to the number of fighters present (in this case 4), which will seek out each fighter's current location. These spells move fairly slowly, so they are easy to dodge. However, if you do happen to get hit by one, well, this will happen:
As you can see, Mewtwo and Palutena weren't quick enough and fell victim to the Eggplant Curse. When this occurs, an eggplant sprite will obscure the top half of the afflicted fighter's body. Their hitboxes and hurtboxes will remain the same in this state; you simply won't be able to see the upper part of their body, making it harder to telegraph attacks from this region (If it helps, just think of their upper body as invisible, but then add an eggplant sprite on top of it). The curse will remain for the duration of this phase, though it will cure itself shortly before the stage transitions again. Also, Eggplant Wizard will disappear once he casts his spells and won't reappear again until the stage reaches this phase on another full cycle.

Once through World 3, the stage will repeat its cycle once again, starting from World 1.

Unlockable: Yes. Destroy all the breakable platforms on Skyworld with both Pit and Palutena.

Music:
Kid Icarus Retro Medley (Brawl/Smash 4 Version)
Sky World (New Remix)
Sky Palace
Underworld Tower (Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters) (New Remix)
The Return of Palutena (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Lightning Battle (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Palutena's Temple (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

Thanks for reading!

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
I'll submit Brawl's own Skyworld as the Kid Icarus stage, and as for the Wario stage, I'm going with Project M's Wario Land stage.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Based on the votes, we’ll go with TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter ’s moveset.

Here are the stage nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 and nirvanafan nirvanafan WarioWare
Perkilator Perkilator Golden Pyramid
GamingFan1997 GamingFan1997 Wario Land (Project M)

Pupp135 Pupp135 Underworld
Perkilator Perkilator Kid Icarus (NES)
GamingFan1997 GamingFan1997 Skyworld

Vote for your two most wanted for each group, where yours is not first.

1. Golden Pyramid
2. Wario Ware

1. Kid Icarus
2. Skyworld

Job 22: Vote for your three most wanted items to return from 64/Melee.
1. Mr. Saturn
2. Super Mushroom
3. Screw Attack

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
WarioWare 5
Golden Pyramid 7
Wario Land 3

Golden Pyramid is our new Wario Map

Underworld 3
Skyworld 4
Kid Icarus 8

Kid Icarus is our Kid Icarus Map

Mr, Saturn 9
Super Mushroom 2
Screw Attack 2
Metal Box 2
Bunny Hood 4
Hammer 3
Bob-Omb 2
Red Shell 3
Fan 2
Maxim Tomato 1

Mr. Saturn and Bunny Hood are added. Please use the poll to determine id Hammer or Red Shell should be added.

Job 23: Vote for your three most wanted Melee Veterans to return.
Bowser
Peach
Zelda/Sheik
Zelda alone
Sheik alone
Ice Climbers
Dr. Mario
Pichu
Falco
Marth
Young Link
Ganondorf