• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: A more fleshed-out SSBM (Job #22: Event Matches 1-10)

How much more dev time should Melee get?

• 6 months

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A year

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I don’t think bringing back every past stage would be a good idea, as Mushroom Kingdom, Planet Zebes and Sector Z are basically beta versions of MK (Melee), Brinstar and Corneria. If anything, I think 2 more 64 stages should be brought back along with the other 3, 5 should be a good amount without feeling too large of a number. Also, I think Meta Crystal should be included among the candidates for the returning stages, it’s quite a fan-favorite stage for one locked to 64’s singleplayer.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I don’t think bringing back every past stage would be a good idea, as Mushroom Kingdom, Planet Zebes and Sector Z are basically beta versions of MK (Melee), Brinstar and Corneria. If anything, I think 2 more 64 stages should be brought back along with the other 3, 5 should be a good amount without feeling too large of a number. Also, I think Meta Crystal should be included among the candidates for the returning stages, it’s quite a fan-favorite stage for one locked to 64’s singleplayer.
I actually ended up axing Melee’s Mushroom Kingdom in favor of Mushroom Kingdom II, so if we do at least bring back 64’s Mushroom Kingdom, there won’t be any redundancy.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I actually ended up axing Melee’s Mushroom Kingdom in favor of Mushroom Kingdom II, so if we do at least bring back 64’s Mushroom Kingdom, there won’t be any redundancy.
Makes sense. Either way, I do still feel the same about having just 5 Past Stages. Also, is there potential for a Sunshine stage to get added? I’m pretty sure that game got released in the summer of 2002, so there should at least be trophies from it.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Makes sense. Either way, I do still feel the same about having just 5 Past Stages. Also, is there potential for a Sunshine stage to get added? I’m pretty sure that game got released in the summer of 2002, so there should at least be trophies from it.
Probably only a FLUDD trophy.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Peachs Castle
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City
Kongo Jungle
Yoshis Island

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Peach’s Castle
Hyrule Castle
Dream Land
Saffron City
Mushroom Kingdom

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Peach's Castle​
20​
Kongo Jungle​
18​
Hyrule Castle​
21​
Planet Zebes​
1​
Super Happy Tree​
9​
Dream Land​
15​
Sector Z​
0​
Saffron City​
17​
Mushroom Kingdom​
1​
And our past stages shall be:
  1. Peach's Castle
  2. Kongo Jungle
  3. Hyrule Castle
  4. Dream Land
  5. Saffron City
  6. Meta Crystal
Job #19: Submit your Adventure Mode pitch

Now this is gonna be the big boy of the solo modes. Doesn't have to be super ambitious, though.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Stages
  • Stage 1: Mushroom Kingdom
    • Side-scrolling platforming stage where you fight Goombas, Koopas and Paratroopas, as well as a group of Yoshi halfway through
    • Vs. Mario and Peach (free-for-all) on Princess Peach’s Castle
      • If you reach the flagpole in a time with X:X2:XX, you fight Luigi in a 1v1 instead
  • Stage 2: Kongo Jungle
    • Minecart level where you fight Kremlings and Klaptraps while avoiding Zingers and the occasional barrels; Barrel Cannons also appear in this stage
    • Vs. Donkey Kong on Kongo Falls
    • Vs. King K. Rool on Jungle Japes
  • Stage 3: Underground Maze
    • Finding the Triforce in one of six rooms, where it could be located at random; if you enter the wrong room, you’ll end up fighting an illusion of Ganondorf, which is signified by the Triforce being purple
      • It’s possible to fight Wario in the Triforce room if you successfully avoid Ganondorf’s illusions
    • Vs. Link and Zelda/Sheik (free-for-all) on Temple
      • If you avoid Ganondorf's illusions, you instead fight Marth and/or Roy on Archanea if you've unlocked them
  • Stage 4: Brinstar
    • Vs. Samus on Brinstar Depths
    • Boss battle against Ridley on Brinstar Ω
    • Escaping Brinstar shortly after with a 3:00 time limit, avoiding Metroids
  • Stage 5: Green Greens
    • Traveling through Green Greens (as it appears in Kirby’s Dream Land) and fighting different enemies
    • Vs. Kirby x15 on Green Greens
      • If the player defeats the horde in less than 2:30, they then fight a giant Kirby on the stage
    • Boss battle against King Dedede on Fountain of Dreams Ω
  • Stage 6: Lylat System
    • Vs. Fox on Corneria
    • Vs. Wolf on Venom, while protecting the Great Fox from taking too much damage
  • Stage 7: Sprout Tower
    • An ascension to the top of Sprout Tower, where you occasionally get interrupted by fights against Pikachu and Jigglypuff
    • Boss battle against Ho-Oh on Sprout Tower Ω
    • Vs. Scizor on Pokémon Stadium
      • If you beat Ho-Oh on Hard or higher w/o losing a life, you fight Blaziken instead
  • Stage 8: F-ZERO Grand Prix
    • Reaching the finish line while avoiding F-ZERO racers along the way
    • Vs. Captain Falcon on either Mute City or Big Blue
  • Stage 9: Onett
    • Vs. Ness on Onett
    • Fighting off Starmen on Fourside with Ness’s help
  • Stage 10: Icicle Mountain
    • Fighting off Topi and Polar Bears while the screen scrolls vertically to the top
    • Vs. Ice Climbers on Condor’s Peak
  • Stage 11: Battlefield
    • Vs. Fighting Wire Frames x15
    • Vs. Metal Mario Bros.
  • Stage 12: Final Destination
    • Vs. Bowser, King K. Rool and Ganondorf
      • If you went through Adventure in less than 20 minutes w/o using a continue, you fight Giga Bowser afterwards
Enemies
  • Goomba
  • Koopa Troopa
  • Paratroopa
  • Kritter
  • Klaptrap
  • Zinger
  • ReDead
  • Octorok
  • Like Like
  • Metroid
  • Waddle Dee
  • Waddle Doo
  • Bronto Burt
  • Gordo
  • Bellsprout
  • Gastly
  • Rattata
  • Starman
  • Topi
  • Polar Bear
Bosses
  • Ridley
  • King Dedede
  • Ho-Oh
  • Giga Bowser

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Basketball
Soccer
Tag Team (like Project M/+’s All-Star Smash, is this one allowed?)
I don’t really have a fourth one

Last edited:
Top Bottom