• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: A more fleshed-out SSBM (Job #22: Event Matches 1-10)

How much more dev time should Melee get?

• 6 months

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A year

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FazDude

Smash Master
Scizor Moveset
I only used moves from Gen III and earlier, since III would be the latest gen given our timeline.
  • Neutral Special: Fury Cutter
    • Fury Cutter has Scizor perform an uppercut motion with its claw, launching opponents upwards. However, the special thing about this move is that it grows in power each time it is successfully landed. It can't be used recklessly, though, as should Scizor whiff the move or be KO'd, Fury Cutter will revert to its weakest state.
  • Side Special: Metal Claw
    • Scizor leaps forwards with a claw slash, launching opponents in his path.
  • Up Special: Agility
    • Scizor rushes forwards in one of eight directions. It does have a few frames of invincibility, but the move lacks a hitbox.
  • Down Special: Swords Dance
    • Scizor tenses up as energy eminates from it. If this animation goes uninterrupted, it will gain a temporary boost in attack power.

D

Deleted member

Unrelated to the current job will will there be the option of doing third parties? Sonic and Snake where both asked about during melee's development but it was too late to add them. I feel we could jsut as easily not but it might be fun to change Smash history in that way.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Unrelated to the current job will will there be the option of doing third parties? Sonic and Snake where both asked about during melee's development but it was too late to add them. I feel we could jsut as easily not but it might be fun to change Smash history in that way.
I will integrate 3rd parties in a special way later, but sadly not as fighters.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
  • Neutral Special: Toxic
    • Scizor shoots a ball of poison from one of its pincers, leaving one pool of poison at a time.
  • Side Special: Metal Claw
    • Scizor swiftly slashes forward, using its pincers like a katana. Has a chance to break an opponent's shield.
  • Up Special: Steel Wing
    • Scizor briefly flutters upwards, using its wings to attack opponents around itself
  • Down Special: Iron Defense
    • Scizor coats itself in steel to become invincible for a second. The window of invincibility slowly decreases the more you use it; it's meant to be a last resort.

D

Deleted member

Ayumi_trophy.png

Ayumi Tachibana

Sakurai considered her and I've always felt she would have been cool. You'd have to get really creative for a moveset but it can be done.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Takamaru

Not too familiar with the character but he does come up from time to time, seems to have decent moveset potential plus we are at a point in the series with a lack of swordfighters (Link is the only one so far).

ExciteBiker (Excite)
ExciteBiker
is one of Characters from Excite Series and he is a guy, who rides on bike and races with other ExciteBikers on ExciteBike Arena. He is one of Nintendo's Classic characters with modern titles and even Iconic Retro character, who was made by Nintendo.
ExciteBiker debuted on 1984's Side-Scrolling racing game called "ExciteBike" released on Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), which it had huge sales.
He originally was meant to be in Melee, but he was replaced by Ice Climbers due not able to jump without ramps. (Although it's not an issue anymore, since we saw ExciteBike Assist Trophy jump without it)

His moveset could borrow stuff from "Excite" games, like NES ExciteBike and ExciteBike 64, which it could be unique moveset due attacking opponents on Bike. He could be Middleweight Rushdown character with fastest speed from Nintendo characters and he could have a Gimmick named "Temperature Meter" where Excitebiker dashes or attacks, which it rises the Temperature in his bike. When it's full, his bike explodes and after 2 seconds while being stunned, it rejoins and he comes back on his bike.

I nominate ExciteBiker as fighter, because he could represent NES Era in Smash as Fighter, which it could be very cool addition to Smash like Ice Climbers in Melee.
Besides that, his game is so Iconic that new and old Nintendo fans can recognize him, especially if you're not a Nintendo fan that grew up back in 80's.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Not entirely sure if this counts, but......

Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
148px-Mac.jpg

We may not think of him as a retro character now, thanks to the Wii reboot, but at the time.....he was only really particularly notable for the NES and arcade games, I feel. Regardless, Punch-Out!! is an iconic Nintendo franchise that I think makes for a good addition

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Ayumi​
9​
Mach Rider​
7​
Bubbles​
5​
Takamaru​
12​
Pit​
14​
Excitebiker​
3​
Little Mac​
0​
And Pit ( 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower ) wins! I was hoping for Ayumi, but this will do.

Job #8: Submit a moveset for Pit

Pit in Melee is going to be based on his Classic self, so I recommend creating a moveset that revolves around the first two Kid Icarus games.

FazDude

Smash Master
Pit Moveset
Pit has two mid-air jumps.
  • Neutral Special: Arrow of Strength
    • Pretty much the same as the Arrows of Light that Pit uses in Uprising and the actual Smash games. However, the arrows moreso resemble a normal bow and arrow in conjunction with the item of the same name from the first two KI games.
  • Side Special: Mallet
    • Pit flies forwards with a hefty hammer swing - Does pretty good damage, but doesn't cover too much range. It also has some endlag as Pit recovers from the swing.
  • Up Special: Angel's Feather
    • Pretty much his Up Special from Brawl, with Pit performing an air dash in any given direction. The KI Wiki states that the move got its origins from the original games before Uprising, so I guess it's alright.
  • Down Special: Protective Crystal
    • Pit holds out a Protective Crystal on each side of his body, being able to reflect projectiles and block attacks.
tl;dr: Pretty much his kit from Smash 4 onwards, but reskinned to exclusively use items from the first two Kid Icarus games.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Dammit, missed out again. Is there a way I can fix the lack of notifications?
This is merely a theoretical suggestion, but it's something I have the most evidence pointing towards.

I think it has something to do with actually clicking the link to the thread including in a notification. If a few notifs are sent your way and you don't interact with them, the server just doesn't bother anymore. Just a guess, though.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
This is merely a theoretical suggestion, but it's something I have the most evidence pointing towards.

I think it has something to do with actually clicking the link to the thread including in a notification. If a few notifs are sent your way and you don't interact with them, the server just doesn't bother anymore. Just a guess, though.
Thanks for the heads up. I know this is a theory, but since I only use this board at certain times during the day, you’re probably onto something here.

FazDude

Smash Master
No fancy images, but I nominate Marth, Ganondorf, and Mr. G&W. I don't want the roster to have too many Pokemon characters (nothing against the series, I just wanna aim for a logical balance), and while I do think Mewtwo is more than important enough to warrant returning, I think reps from Gen 2 and 3 would be better in terms of gen representation.

Top Bottom