• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A Fate Fighting Game

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
The Fate series, the most prominent franchise of TYPE-MOON especially knowed for the popular mobile gacha game Fate/Grand Order, even then the Fate franchise actually covers a huge chunk of characters both Masters and Servants. All this variety gallery is perfect for have a fighting game, that we did have in the form of Unlimited Codes!, but that was long time ago where Fate still was a quite small series and today the amount of works under their name is way bigger so what about doing a new game?, even if we could name this project Unlimited Codes 2 I will try to make a new game. We will try to make the best Fate fighting game possible!

For a solid start I decided to have three characters who I think it's safe to say that they should be here no matter what.
  • Artoria Pendragon (Saber)
  • EMIYA (Archer)
  • Mash Kyrielight (Shielder)
Artoria Pendragon (Saber)
EMIYA (Archer)
Mash Kyrielight (Shielder)
Okita Souji (Saber)
Karna (Lancer)
Brynhildr (Lancer)
With this established it's time to establish our first jobs!

Job 1: Submit a Servant from any series
It could be from Stay Night, Zero, Extra, Apocrypha, Grand Order or any other!, just submit the one you like.

Job 2: How the game should be?
We should do a classic 2D 1v1?, a 3D game like the original Unlimited Codes?, a tag team 3v3?, any idea is valid!

Job 3: Roster Size
How much characters should the game have?, while this wouldn't be a definitive number and it could be changed in the future we will try to have a base number and try to stick with it the mostly possible.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job 1: Brynhildr (Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver) - Lancer

1661318102295.png

Brynhildr is a Servant who first appeared in a novel meant to act as a prequel to the first draft of Fate/stay night that was never fully realized. She's the daughter of Odin from Scandinavian mythology and a valkyrie but has ties with human history after discarding her Divinity for her beloved Sigurd, whom she shares a tragic romance with. Summoned in the First Tokyo Holy Grail War, her curse to be involved in doomed love stories shows itself once more.

On top of being a fairly popular character who only got even more prominent after getting into Fate Grand Order, Brynhildr has a wide array of skills that can make her an interesting fighter. Her Noble Phantasm Brynhildr Romantia: Until Death Divide the Two Apart, is a spear that gets bigger and heavier the more she's in love with her opponent, possibly allowing for a unique range mechanic. She can also fly, release her mana in the form of flames and use runes to cast magic which may as well be a Noble Phantasm on its own.

I don't know if this game's gonna have an extensive story mode but Brynhildr also bounces off from other characters well in both comedic and serious situations, partially caused by her penchant for first getting enamored by, then trying to murder any gallant heroes.

Job 2: 1v1 2.5D fighting game

Using 3D models make sense for a big roster and I don't think team mechanics are particularly necessary, as only FGO really pushes the 3v3 aspect of Servant fights.

Job 3: 45

Not to get too crazy from the start but Fate has an absolutely massive cast and unless we get a bit generous with our roster size, there wouldn't be any room for more unconventional and unique picks.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I had a lot of names running in my mind, in fact is cool to see that two of my favorite characters (Jalter and Bryn) where already submited so makes my options quite easier. So my submission would be
KARNA (LANCER)
While first appearing in EXTRA CCC has the servant of Jinako he is more knowed for his portrayal in Apocrypha (in fact he was planned first from that). Karna comes from the Mahabrarata a legendary hindu poem that rivalize in importance with the famous Ramayana. Karna is also a very liked character due his nice personality and cool look.

In terms of the game, Karna has a lot of interesing abilities to make use in the fight, for not say the possibility to give him some of his boxing attacks of his Santa incarnation. There are also other games like the Arcade version of Grand Order and Extella that shows other cool moves of him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the other jobs, I want to submit 40 characters in the base game, considering that its near the size of base KOF XV is a number that isnt off the charts.

For how the game would be, I was considering a 2.5D 2v2, thought the second character is actually more of an assist, who is this assist? Well is their Master!, considering how most of the time the Masters doesnt direclty fight I think having them has an assist would work, some of them could do some sort of attack of course (maybe Shirou using a reforced tube to do a strong swing, Rin launching explosive jewels, Kiritsugu using his guns etc) but I think the general idea is allow characters who arent skilled in combat to be here some sort

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, I was considering just add everyone submited but since we didnt established a number of characters yet I will start votations instead:
Vote for your 2 favorites!
Jeanne d'Arc Alter cashregister9 cashregister9
Brynhildr osby osby
Okita Souji NanayaGaming NanayaGaming
Further vote for the Game Style!
  • 1v1 2.5D
  • 3v3
  • 1v1 with Masters has Assists
And finally, vote for the size of the roster!

Troykv

Smash Master
Okay, I arrived a bit late, but here I go!

Job 1: Jeanne Alter, she is one of the characters I got attached, I could also mention Meltryllis but... if she is included I imagine the game could need to be M for default? xD.

Job 2: 1v1 "Anime" Style fighter, it makes sense with the overall dynamic of the battles in the series.

Job 3: I should check how many "obligatory picks" we have, but I believe the roster should at least have 24 characters to cover many niches, of course, I'm trying to be a bit realistic with the numbers XDU

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright based in the results the first characters would be Brynhildr and due a tie I will also add both Karna and Okita Souji.

Also the roster would be 45 characters long and it would be a 1v1.

New Job: Submit a Saber-class Servant
Well I want to start some class-related jobs starting with the Saber class, any Saber is avalaible.

Troykv

Smash Master
Alright based in the results the first characters would be Brynhildr and due a tie I will also add both Karna and Okita Souji.

Also the roster would be 45 characters long and it would be a 1v1.

New Job: Submit a Saber-class Servant
Well I want to start some class-related jobs starting with the Saber class, any Saber is avalaible.
I guess someone needs to mention the obvious choice already, no?

Because is clear Artoria (or Altria) Pendragon is gonna be part of this.

Troykv

Smash Master
If you see above, Artoria is already part of the roster
Oh, right, I just saw in the responses "Saber" and my mind went "But what about Artoria?" Sorry, I should have double checked hahaha xDU.

Anywaaay.

If I had to mention a Saber that is both popular and has remarkable place in the Series' lore... I could mention Nero Claudius...

But for the sake of picking someone else ~~I'm already feeling someone is gonna say Nero~~.

I'm gonna mention Miyamoto Musashi.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright sorry the big delay but I'm here with my submission:
Sigurd
1662263005370.png
Predictable with my current pfp but I love Sigurd and considering that Brynhildr is in the game I think is fair game add him too. His fighting style using sworkd and knives is particulary very cool for me.

Top Bottom