• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

BreadnJamTomorrow

Smash Cadet
Morgan is hands-down the best choice imo. She/He is literally tiny Robin, with the same/similar build, look, and weapons. Not too surprising since Morgan is Robin's canonical child. It's almost too perfect.

I was actually hoping for Morgan to replace Chrom in Robin's Final Smash this time around since Chrom's playable. But I guess he's gotta beat himself up.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Fell Grima is literally possessed robin lol
And Fell Grima only attacks by using the giant literal Grima, not any of Robin's regular spells or sword attacks.
Grima!Robin I see more as a boss. I even made a boss moveset:

View attachment 239416View attachment 239417

Boss: Grima

Game of Origin: Fire Emblem Awakening (2013)

What does the boss do?
Grima usually attacks via his possessed Robin (who is entirely hooded) but sometimes uses Expiration or tilts himself in an attempt to knock the player off; the dragon himself IS the stage.

Fell-Robin’s Attacks:
-Fell-Arcwind: Fell-Robin attacks with two dark tornadoes in two random spots of the stage that might launch the player off the screen (17%, medium knockback)

-Fell-Arcthunder: Fell-Robin forms the Mark of Grima, and each eye on the symbol forms a giant electric orb that homes in on the player (15% each, small knockback)

-Fell-Arcfire: Fell-Robin surrounds itself with five orbs of fire and sends them out one at a time (17% each, OK knockback)

-Aversa’s Night: Fell-Robin sends dark spears upwards, and they land wherever the player is if they don’t dodge in time (18%, OK knockback). If they successfully hit, Grima recovers half the damage taken by the player, because the tome places a curse that recovers Grima’s health by half of the player’s taken damage.

-Fell-Thoron: Fell-Robin charges Thunder to its limit, and flies into the background to shoot out Thoron wherever it aims at the player (35%, far knockback)

-Choke-Grab: Fell-Robin teleports to the player when Grima shoots his Fell Breath. If it's successful in grabbing the player, Fell-Robin grabs the player, shocks them (18%), and throws them into the floor of spikes (26%, medium knockback)

Grima’s Attacks:
-Expiration: Grima turns his head and targets the player. He then shoots out his Fell Breath wherever targeted, leaving a large area of spikes on his back (24%, medium knockback)

-Flying Beast: Grima turns sharply to the left or right, forcing the player to get to high ground or plummet off the stage. Fell-Robin will use Fell-Arcfire during this part, making that difficult.

Strategy: Focus almost entirely on Fell-Robin during the fight, even when Grima turns. Only pay attention to Grima himself when he uses Expiration, as it means you’ll possibly have to lure the blast zone away from Fell-Robin so you aren’t restricted from attacking it.

Setting/Intro: Grima’s back, in the sky above Ylisse. Fell-Robin floats down, completely hooded as its eyes glow, and Grima roars and faces the sky.

Defeat: Fell-Robin vanishes into darkness as Grima roars one last time and crashes into Plegia Castle.

Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?
-:ultlucina: (Both main characters of Awakening)
-:ultganondorf: (Dark Lord…kinda; plays Death Mountain)
-:ultmewtwo: (w/:ultpikachu:; controlled human; plays Battle! Lorekeeper Zinnia)
-:ultchrom: (See Lucina)
-:ultpit: (Evil divine being)
-:ultpalutena: (See Pit; plays Hades’ Infernal Theme)
-:ultridley: (Both similar in appearance)
-:ultrichter: (He and Fell-Robin are characters who were once controlled; plays Dance of Illusions)
-:ulthero: (Fights normal :ultrobin: first, then Fell-Robin, as a stand in for the Dragonlord. Plays Fighting Spirits, then Battle for the Glory)

Music: Id (Purpose)

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay. My last few weeks have been crazy. I got into a car accident and I was being reviewed for a promotion at my job. I should be able to update things this week! Thank you for understanding.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay. My last few weeks have been crazy. I got into a car accident and I was being reviewed for a promotion at my job. I should be able to update things this week! Thank you for understanding.
Sucks to hear about the car accident. Hope you're okay!

For the lol's, I'm voting Dorothea because my waifu in 3H. But I'm gonna go with Morgan being the perfect fit

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Young Dunban is probably the best option we have for the Monado Boy.

Beyond that not too many without going outside of videogames with dudes like Haru Glory from RAVE.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Malos would be a good Shulk echo.
They would have to make him a bit different, like Ken, to make him work tho. He's bigger and slower, but has even more powerful Monado arts. Also Vision's animation needs to be changed. Maybe for Cyclone. Works as a counter too (And hopefully it wouldn't suck in the air).

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
There's two that are possible being Malos and Zanza, but they're both spoiler heavy.
Zanza himself is a huge spoiler.
But Malos is part of the game since the beginning. Revealing what kind of weapon he uses after he's fully powered again is not a big deal. Since in the game itself they don't make a big deal about his sword.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Zanza and Malos could work, but there's also Alvis who could fit. Also a spoiler of course, but at least his ability to use the Monado is shown relatively early in the game.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Malos's status as a Monado-wielder honestly ceased to be a spoiler in any way after T~TGC was revealed, where it was depicted by the trailer + other stuff as clearly being the signature weapon of Torna's known antagonist. At this point it's basically as much of a spoiler as the fact that Malos is an Aegis.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
There's two that are possible being Malos and Zanza, but they're both spoiler heavy.
Sakurai put Seven in Shulk's Final Smash. I don't think he's too shy about Xenoblade spoilers. That said, I think your two suggestions are pretty much all we can ask for, and even then Malos would probably necessitate Rex, Pyra, or some other sort of Xenoblade 2 representation. It wouldn't make sense to have just the hero of the first game and the villain of the second game. Alvis, though, could be pretty cool, so I suggest him.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Sakurai put Seven in Shulk's Final Smash. I don't think he's too shy about Xenoblade spoilers. That said, I think your two suggestions are pretty much all we can ask for, and even then Malos would probably necessitate Rex, Pyra, or some other sort of Xenoblade 2 representation. It wouldn't make sense to have just the hero of the first game and the villain of the second game. Alvis, though, could be pretty cool, so I suggest him.
Seven? They only have Fiora (Mecha Fiora technically), dunban, and riki.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Seven? They only have Fiora (Mecha Fiora technically), dunban, and riki.
What party member number does she have? Exactly...
Also... you spoiled Mecha Fiora. YOU MONSTER /s

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Has anyone here mentioned Alvis? He wields the Monado first time you meet him and his build is similar to Shulk.

Malos and Dunban are good suggestions though.

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
Everything that had to be said about this has already been said but basically, since 99% of Shulk's moveset consists of using the Monado, anyone who also uses the weapon can qualify for a clone or semi-clone. So yeah, just take your pick: Dunban, Alvis, Zanza or Malos.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Say, is there a way we can bring this thread back? I know the thread owner hasn't been on for awhile, but I liked the concept of this thread, and would hate to see it be inactive before it could even finish.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Say, is there a way we can bring this thread back? I know the thread owner hasn't been on for awhile, but I liked the concept of this thread, and would hate to see it be inactive before it could even finish.
im not sure we can without the owner

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Malos is the only Shulk echo that can work because his Monado isn't really a story spoiler, the other character is way too spoilery to be part of Smash Bros.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
nice to see everyone being in agreement for Celica!
also the echoes i could see being doable is Malos and Alvis.

plus, you should do a bit of a round 2 for some older choices, since there's some newer options now, like Googi and stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom